Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

I Need Advice On the future of My Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Advice On the future of My Career (759 Views)

Need Advice On Salary At My New Job / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career / Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On the future of My Career by kunzaar83(m): 8:43am On Oct 01, 2015
I m a graduate of Economics, I served in 2009/2010, I was employed by a bank briefly from 2010-2011, I got employed by the Nigeria Custom from 2011 to date.
I was able to achieve all these with the help of my uncle who happens to be 1 of the top shots in todays Nigeria, if I must say it he's among the 1st 4 in power rankings as far govt is concerned, this is all I will say about him I won't mention his name.

The problem I have now is that I was involved in a very terrible accident that almost cost me 1 of my leg few months back, the accident made the effected leg shorter than the healthy 1, and its certain that I will end up walking only with the help of a walking stick in the future unless a miracle happens, the problem now is that I so much fear my future with the para-military, I may be well connected to remain @ work for some times but that connection may end 1 day, para-military and military in Nigeria end up retiring their officers that have 1 issue or the other with their legs declaring them incapacitated.... I don't want to leave my work considering the kind of brighter future I may have if I m not 1 day declared incapacitated in the future......

The temptation of meeting my uncle for another job on medical grounds can not just leave me coz this is some 1 that can get u a job with just a phone call.... If I consider the number of people that are jobless I feel if I go and meet him for another job I may be tagged as an ungrateful person and it won't go well with me @ all...
Something is also telling me that I should just concentrate on my job while I make sure I have an Msc and PhD before considering what next to do.... Pls I need your advice what should I do?

NB: pls forgive my gramatical and spelling errors if any.... Thanks

Lalasticlala:
Re: I Need Advice On the future of My Career by aghr(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2015
Connect with freelancers in Nigeria today and get those grueling assignments, tasks and projects off your table. Our freelancers would bring you quality and professional service to save you time and stress of completing daunting tasks to meet up with your ever demanding schedules daily. Categories of jobs our freelancers can deliever include programming, copywriting, graphics design, webmasters etc
We respect your privacy and we are professionals who get job done ontime and perfectly.
Join us now C001E0B69
Re: I Need Advice On the future of My Career by jobskills: 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
Kunzaar83,

My perception of your submission is that your current job is being threatened because of the outcome of a situation beyond your control and you need to channel a future for yourself without being caught unprepared.

If preparing for your future is a concern to you then you might want to resist the temptation of depending solely on your influential Uncle to create opportunities for you. You should start using your own skills to create your future.

I do not know how things work in the para-military but you have given us an insight into what might become of you as a result of the situation. That is a way to look at it and another way is to see how you can use the situation to your advantage and that of the agency. Do not preoccupy your self with the thought of being sent out, but you might want to start thinking of a unit where you can build your competency and add value without having to bother with any physical state.

You did say only a miracle can make you walk without a walking stick. Why don't you trust God for that miracle?

"Something is also telling me that I should just concentrate on my job while I make sure I have an Msc and PhD before considering what next to do..." Why would you do an MSC and PHD that does not fit into your career plan? You don't make such investment of time and resources and after ask yourself what to do with it. My suggestion is that you should find out what gives you career fulfilment and set future goals around that.

If you might need some assistance in identify your career interest, we might look at it together offline.
Re: I Need Advice On the future of My Career by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 11:30am On Feb 03, 2018
I also need a job in the custom. how do i go about it. pls help a bro.

(1) (Reply)

Am I Wrong To Have This Viewpoint? / Seven Leadership Principles To Learn From An Eagle / Video: Female Staff Forced To Kiss Their Male Boss 'everyday' Before Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.