Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS (41153 Views)

Thousands Of Muslims Protest Against Isis And Terrorism In London / Female Suicide Bomber Strikes In Cameroon, Killing Scores (Graphic Photos) / Russia Begins Deporting Turkish Businessmen, Seizing Turkish Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Appleyard:
Yes! They did that simulation recently, and it was so shocking to them that they can never defeat the Russians. They are still fionding it hard to cope with.

So much for the hype.
Provide your source or remain silent. lipsrsealed
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 4:33am On Oct 02, 2015
[image] [image] [image]
Missy89:

Syrian army will do most of the ground fighting with Russian advisers. airstrikes will be Russian personnel of course. Personally, I just think it will be too early to commit Russian troops to the front line because, Syria itself has sufficient troops to do the job with Russia acting as assad air force. When the situation become precarious however, you can rule out Russian boot on the ground.

Right now, there is no reason to involve them just yet,
I get your pooints! But i still think that it all goes down to what Putin-Assad have in mind towards the level of Russian involvement and the strategy upon the mark, as it relates to the crisis and the well being of the country. If the plan is to gradually and adequately weaken ISIS and the position of the so-called " moderate rebels ," then your analysis wiil best fit the descriptions. Russia will only then continue to be Assad air power coordinating with the Syrian armed forces on the ground, who then would gradually move in to attack positions and repossession under the Bear's air firepower. But if the aim is to quickly or within a short time or designated period liberate the whole of Syria, or at least, major parts of it from the control of the enemies, then we might Just see some thousands of Russian troops, including tanks, on the ground (not forgeting Iran); because the Assad forces may not have the overall capacity and man power to realize such goal in such a short time-say " from now till December ending".

And something tells me this is the Putin-Assad end game strategy. Otherwise, i just don't see why Russia would get involve in a conflict she knew will tie her down for eons.

Thus, shymm3x may be right after all. I foresee Russian boots on the ground sooner than we think.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Missy89(f): 4:44am On Oct 02, 2015
Appleyard:

And something tells me this is the Putin-Assad end game strategy. Otherwise, i just don't see why Russia would get involve in a conflict she knew will tie her down for eons.

Thus, shymm3x may be right after all. I foresee Russian boots on the ground sooner than we think.

Highly unlikely. A single Russian casualty is a huge PR for The US and ISIS. There are many proxies to send first like the soldiers in the Donbass. Syria, Hezbollah and Iran will probably do most of the fighting for now
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 4:49am On Oct 02, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Where have you been? I was expecting to see your posts.
I was busy counting my losses in a stupid game i played. Anyway, ypu guys have done much justice to this thread that i could ever dream of.cheesy Nice work soldiers.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 5:09am On Oct 02, 2015
Shymm3x:

Word, bruddah.

Where have you been?
Men! Am cool! Was busy with some thing i now regret doing. Thank God am back. I can see your hand work so far. Can't help it clicking the Likes and Shares so far. Good work man. Keep it up.

And what is the e-wifey (Missy89) yarning? cheesy The Russia Duma is a Holy Cathedral compare to that Ghehazi-infested occultic Congress of the United States of Anarchy! Give them one Dollar each, and they will deny that Mexico shares the border with the US! There are no law makers in the US. What we have are money makers dancing in the shadows of Micheal Jackson's Thriller.

Very pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by jjj37: 6:30am On Oct 02, 2015
power play.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by fineguy11(m): 7:18am On Oct 02, 2015
uselessgoat:

stop misleading people. Russia cannot withstand britain in europe. Moscow will be a graveyard within 1hr.
WHO DEFEATED GERMANY IN WORLD WAR 2?where was BRITAIN AND FRANCE WHEN STALIN"S RED ARMY MARCHED ALL THE WAY TO BERLIN?..u're a kid...there is no country in europe that can win a conventional war with russia.,.hence the establishment of NATO..

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 02, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
If capitalism is about respect and peace, then why can't they respect and stop disrupting the peace of communist states? $600bn per year as military spending is meant for respect and peace huh? The tens of thousands of Americans that die yearly from gang wars, rampage killings, police brutality and co are also respect and peace? Lol
NaijaTalkTown:
If capitalism is about respect and peace, then why can't they respect and stop disrupting the peace of communist states? $600bn per year as military spending is meant for respect and peace huh? The tens of thousands of Americans that die yearly from gang wars, rampage killings, police brutality and co are also respect and peace? Lol
lozairio
I am quoting myself for the first time on Nairaland.
The 20year old man that killed 10 people in Oregon is the sign of respect and peace capitalism have brought to the West ain't it?

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Underground: 9:05am On Oct 02, 2015
Nairaminted, Appleyard, Shymm3x, et al, keep the flag of truth and justice flying.
Wow! It takes quite an effort to keep up with events as they unfold so fast but I must say I am enjoying the discourse (including yours Missy89, although I sense a bit of stubbornness and denial in your viewpoints) that you guys are engaging in.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Underground: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2015
I just had to share this:

2 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by lozairio(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
lozairio
I am quoting myself for the first time on Nairaland.
The 20year old man that killed 10 people in Oregon is the sign of respect and peace capitalism have brought to the West ain't it?
Has there been any news about him slipping from the long arm of justice people who commits such have personal issuses it has nothing to do with capitalism
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 02, 2015
mentorken05:
The way these things are going in Syria now, soon mistakes are gonna be made and everybody will start shooting everybody.
Not many are gonna understand the following...
Syrian military are Fighting ISIS, Al nusra and other Rebel groups.
The Rebels are fyting ISIS, Al nusra and The Syrian Army.
Al nusra are fyting Syrian army, ISIS and oda rebels.
The Kurdish Pershmaga (YPG) are fighting ISIS but friendly to PKK.
The PKK are fighting ISIS.
The Turks are fighting both ISIS and the PKK but friendly to the YPG.
The Iraqi military are fytin ISIS but are friendly to the PKK, d Turks but not the YPG
The Iranians are supporting the Syrians and Iraqis in fight against ISIS only.
The Americans and dia western allies are fighting ISIS and are friendly to Turkey, Iraq, YPG and PKK, but not to the Iranians and d Syrian Govt.
The Hezbollah are fyting ISIS, and are friends wit d Syrian govt and d Iranians, but not the Americans
The Saudis are supporting Al Nusra and oda rebel groups fighting the Syrian govt and ISIS
Now the Russians av arrived, and av started fyting ISIS, Al nusra and oda rebel groups (who av western and Arabian backing) dat hav bn fytin the Syrain Govt
ISIS...fyting Everybody!

Damn!! even I couldn't keep track by the end of the post. talk about being complicated!!
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
Missy89:
Finally

Shymm3x , appleyard, nairaminted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng8RjFKuQ1I

So will this teleconference change anything?
Well, the teleconference is more of a face-saving show by the US. The backlash is getting high by the hours. The American people back home and abroad are begining to question the US role in the whole Syrian bruhaha. They aint buying it any longer, not even the usual MSM steroetyping of Russia killing civilians. Is no longer working, hence the need to have this panick-mode teleconference (you don't just mess around with a nucluear armed power). The truth is, the US knows for sure that with Russia on the ground in Syria, it's plan for the country and the Middle East as it stand, is doom to fail. There is also the fear of possible clashes between the two super powers over the air in Syria, which could definitly lead to open confrontation. Again, the Yankees also need to save face especially now that most of it key players/allies are gradually shifting poles - seeing Russia as an indispensible player when it comes to any decision regarding Syria. France is inviting the Vladinator to address the EU paliament. Cameron is saying Russia's involvement in Syria is a good one. Melkel (though talking from both side of the mouth,) is now saying the Syrian issue can never be solve without Russia. Iraq is fed up with the US double standard, and is now sharing intelligence and coordinating with Russia over ISIS (so much for isolationgrin). Iran is already on ground, any where Putin puts his foot, the Iranians will stick in their heads and butts; while China is tacitly warming up to openly join the fray with the Uyghurs and Xianjing province in Xi's mind, the N.Koreans may just be tempted to gain some international credibility and get some pound of flesh in revenge against the US, especially if Key ally, China, openly joins the blood party. The Serbs and CSTO members (in the event of things getting high up) are most likely to join the Putin gradually forming coalition-all in the name of fighting this hostis humanis generis (ISIS - an enemy of all mankind). And once China is openly involve in the conflict (which is becoming possible by the day), you can bet your money on it that most of, if not all of the entire SCO member states, would be seen throwing up planes and feets over Syria, not to mention that Syria is just a starting point for now. Soon it would be Iraq. Such is the powerful influnce of China and Russia in the geopolitical arena in the East and deeper parts of Asia.

And as it stands, the US has no virtual ally anymore regarding Syria (apart from Isreal, Saudis and Qatarist vassals), its European key allies are tired of the US, though they won't openly allude to it. But on the other hand, Russia's position is getting firmer and stronger, no matter how the MSM tries to paint it; couple with the Putin Rugged stance in his speech at the UN, the hand writing is very clear: Russia will never consider Assad defeat, and if anybody tries to bring that into reality, then he must first get past the Russians. And you know what that means,cheesy
These much the US understands, and the sudden need to have this conference and military to military rapport with the only Nation that can reduce the continental US into a radioactive ash. No joking!

That Putin body language at the UN said it all.

The Russians will go tooth and nail all the way in Syria. The US military brass sees beyond kerry, and the white house foreign secretariat, and thjose bunch of misinformed lunatics aspiring for the White House.

The world is currently seating on a keg of thermo nuclear warfare vis any miscaculations in Syria.

Therefore, i am expecting some compromise to come from both sides, particularly from the Yankees side. They just have to let go the stupid temerity that Assad must go, otherwise, anything can happen. But i don't see any more meaningful outcome from this teleconference. Putin has already made his point known. Is now left for The US to compromise.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
Missy89:

Highly unlikely. A single Russian casualty is a huge PR for The US and ISIS. There are many proxies to send first like the soldiers in the Donbass. Syria, Hezbollah and Iran will probably do most of the fighting for now
Alright then.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
Underground:
Nairaminted, Appleyard, Shymm3x, et al, keep the flag of truth and justice flying.
Wow! It takes quite an effort to keep up with events as they unfold so fast but I must say I am enjoying the discourse (including yours Missy89, although I sense a bit of stubbornness and denial in your viewpoints) that you guys are engaging in.

Thanks Soulja! We all owe the truth a service.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
Underground:
I just had to share this:
Hilariousgringrin
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
jjj37:
This is my Second post in my Almost 5-years of joining Nairaland..

The facts is that people should try to always comment with fact than jst putting their brains on hold and effecting the skull.

The US to me has coward foreign policies that ought to be changed.!
No nation on earth for now can fight Russia alone and succeed.

If any war was to be fought now, so many things will come into play.. Ranging frm allied, funding to Ultimately, the Use of nuclear arms.. The Us knows this and so does the Russians.!
Sorry, I see this as a senseless post. War in modern time is not all about weaponry it is also about economy, intelligence gathering and propaganda. It is as easy as weakening the economy of Russia and create troubles in its sub-regional parts. Russia is a superpower but it is overrated beyond what it is capable of.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
Missy89:

There might be boots on ground with time because Russia is fond of flaunting its manpower and it is usually done in the form of infiltration. They'll likely mingle with the Assad government troops at first to have better understanding of allied secret activities and how to contain them. We have seen that happened in Afghanistan in the past and I don't think the country has learnt a lesson from it.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
Appleyard:

Well, the teleconference is more of a face-saving show by the US. The backlash is getting high by the hours. The American people back home and abroad are begining to question the US role in the whole Syrian bruhaha. They aint buying it any longer, not even the usual MSM steroetyping of Russia killing civilians. Is no longer working, hence the need to have this panick-mode teleconference (you don't just mess around with a nucluear armed power). The truth is, the US knows for sure that with Russia on the ground in Syria, it's plan for the country and the Middle East as it stand, is doom to fail. There is also the fear of possible clashes between the two super powers over the air in Syria, which could definitly lead to open confrontation. Again, the Yankees also need to save face especially now that most of it key players/allies are gradually shifting poles - seeing Russia as an indispensible player when it comes to any decision regarding Syria. France is inviting the Vladinator to address the EU paliament. Cameron is saying Russia's involvement in Syria is a good one. Melkel (though talking from both side of the mouth,) is now saying the Syrian issue can never be solve without Russia. Iraq is fed up with the US double standard, and is now sharing intelligence and coordinating with Russia over ISIS (so much for isolationgrin). Iran is already on ground, any where Putin puts his foot, the Iranians will stick in their heads and butts; while China is tacitly warming up to openly join the fray with the Uyghurs and Xianjing province in Xi's mind, the N.Koreans may just be tempted to gain some international credibility and get some pound of flesh in revenge against the US, especially if Key ally, China, openly joins the blood party. The Serbs and CSTO members (in the event of things getting high up) are most likely to join the Putin gradually forming coalition-all in the name of fighting this hostis humanis generis (ISIS - an enemy of all mankind). And once China is openly involve in the conflict (which is becoming possible by the day), you can bet your money on it that most of, if not all of the entire SCO member states, would be seen throwing up planes and feets over Syria, not to mention that Syria is just a starting point for now. Soon it would be Iraq. Such is the powerful influnce of China and Russia in the geopolitical arena in the East and deeper parts of Asia.

And as it stands, the US has no virtual ally anymore regarding Syria (apart from Isreal, Saudis and Qatarist vassals), its European key allies are tired of the US, though they won't openly allude to it. But on the other hand, Russia's position is getting firmer and stronger, no matter how the MSM tries to paint it; couple with the Putin Rugged stance in his speech at the UN, the hand writing is very clear: Russia will never consider Assad defeat, and if anybody tries to bring that into reality, then he must first get past the Russians. And you know what that means,cheesy
These much the US understands, and the sudden need to have this conference and military to military rapport with the only Nation that can reduce the continental US into a radioactive ash. No joking!

The Russians will go tooth and nail all the way in Syria. The US military brass sees beyond kerry, and the white house foreign secretariat, and thjose bunch of misinformed lunatics aspiring for the White House.

The world is currently seating on a keg of thermo nuclear warfare vis any miscaculations in Syria.

Therefore, i am expecting some compromise to come from both sides, particularly from the Yankees side. They just have to let go the stupid temerity that Assad must go, otherwise, anything can happen. But i don't see any more meaningful outcome from this teleconference. Putin has already made his point known. Is now left for The US to compromise.

Its getting interesting by the day. I have a question for you.

Why does US wanna oust Assad and why does Russia wanna keep him?
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Shymm3x: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
Appleyard:

Great post.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
Shymm3x:

Great post.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
I don't think Russia will put boots on the ground, the risk is higher, Syria and Iran can do that while Russia rules the air.

US accused Russia of bombing al-Assad's enemies the ''moderate rebels'' instead of hitting ISIS, which Sergey Lavrov denies. It means US knows the right targets, them what stopped them from hitting the right targets for the past one year.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Tkester: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
Appleyard:

Spot-on!

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by emmatok(m): 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
Appleyard:

Sadly the truth,

The problem with the US is Obama.

They got all the opportunity to remove AL Assad, but they keep dancing around Syria, the same thing they are doing in Ukrainian.

Now EU is seeing a confused US, while the Americans are seeing a confused and deceptive President Obama.
Even US Demarcates like Harry Reid and co, are not a happy with Obama.
We all saw the Benghazi Embassy saga and Hillary Clinton's role .

Any body banking on US support for now will suffer, because US is currently in a state of confusion.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Appleyard(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
emmatok:

Sadly the truth,

They got all the opportunity to remove AL Assad, but they keep dancing around Syria, the same thing they are doing in Ukrainian.

Now EU is seeing a confused US, while the Americans are seeing a confused and deceptive President Obama.

Any body banking on US support for now will suffer, because US is currently in a state of confusion.
Yeah! Real state of confusion. We call it " confusion break bone"grin
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
emmatok:

Sadly the truth,

Like George Bush did with Saddam Hussein and you would be the first person to complain about it as another Iraq.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by emmatok(m): 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
all4naija:

Like George Bush did with Saddam Hussein and you would be the first person to complain about it as another Iraq.

Yes I don't Support the Iraq war, but Bush was not confused about his Iraqi missions, which was accomplished by destroying Iraq and killing Sadam.

But Obama was telling the world he's antiwar, but he has destroyed more countries than Bush did. Yey he's got no single control over those countries he destroyed.

What happened at the US embassy in Benghazi is an example of US confused state.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by emmatok(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
Appleyard:
Yeah! Real state of confusion. We call it " confusion break bone"grin

That's what happens when you have Slimy liberals on power,
they always do the opposite of what they tell you.

But Republicans are always straightforward, just listening to Trump and Carson wiIl give it a clear picture of how Republicans behave.

1 Like

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
emmatok:

Yes I don't Support the Iraq war, but Bush was not confused about his Iraqi missions, which was accomplished by destroying Iraq and killing Sadam.

But Obama was telling the world he's antiwar, but he has destroyed more countries than Bush did. Yey he's got no single control over those countries he destroyed.

What happened at the US embassy in Benghazi is an example of US confused state.
I would simply put it this way. You don't understand how the world politic works . There is more to it than meet the eyes.
Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
Appleyard:

Hahaha! The difference is clear!cheesy No be hollywood owngrin The US love to brag and rake. Russia do the talk by action.

The Russians dont talk much. They just Act!grin
And now the difference is been testified to by eye witnesses grin.

Don't mind the folks arguing here. America only win wars in Hollywood movies

2 Likes

Re: Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 03, 2015
some one pls explain to me how in the midst of the trouble in the Middle east, Israel continues to live in peace? How did they achieve peace in their volatile neighbourhood? And what is their role or not in the whole of this? Where do they stand?

TBH, i admire that country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Palestinians Warn Of Religious War If Jews ‘storm’ Temple Mount (Pics) / "You Will Soon See Gaza From The Inside" - Israel Defense Minister, Gallant / Muriel Bowser Renames Road Leading To White House Black Lives Matter Plaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.