Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April (6137 Views)

Poll: Victorious team will be?

Liverpool: 41% (19 votes)
Arsenal: 52% (24 votes)
Draw: 6% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Southampton Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 26th December 2015 / Barcelona Vs PSG : UCL (2 - 0) On 21st April 2015 / Arsenal Vs Liverpool (4 - 1) On 4th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by Cristalz(f): 1:44am On Apr 20, 2009
Liverpool are set to welcome Arsenal to Anfield on Tuesday night.

All eyes will be on Liverpool to see if they can/will put up yet another powerful performance like they did against Manchester United, and Chelsea in the UCL. Liverpool are 2nd on the league table with 70 points, only a sinlge point behind United. A win will put them ahead, or change nothing, depending on the outcome of United's game. A loss will pave way for Chelsea to overtake.
  Skipper Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of this game due to injury, so there will be no Torres/ Gerrard combo, a partnership which the Scousers have come to rely on a lot. They defeated Blackburn 4 - 0 in their last Prem game without Steven Gerrard however, so his absence may not pose a problem. Another absentee is Hyppia, who is also injured.
  Rafa Benitez is desperate to win a trophy this season, and as his club is out of the UCL, all his energies are now focused on the EPL.  .  .''innit to win it''. So watch out, Arsenal.

Arsenal seem to have a goalkeeping problem in form of Lukasz Fabianski. ''Seem to'', because he did okay in their UCL game against Villareal, but he was akin to a lump of jelly against Chelsea in their weekend FA Cup clash. Wenger will have to do some serious work on the lad unless they plan to concede 3 goals by the end of 1st half.
  The team's been doing well in the EPL so far though, with the injured key players back, and latest addition Andrei Arshavin showing his match prowess.
They still have a number of players out injured - Almunia, Gallas, Rosicky, Clichy, Djourou, and Sagna. Sagna is expected to feature in this game though, starting or on the bench, but it's not completely certain yet.
  Wenger cannot afford to make any selection slip-ups this time, else Liverpool will grill and have them for dinner.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by Ifedisky(m): 2:49am On Apr 20, 2009
Arsenal will lose. This's a picnic game we should try our academy players in while resting our armoury. No big deal
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by FBS: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2009
some people get big mouth sha. , *shioooo** hissing*
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 11:53am On Apr 20, 2009
I hope Liverpool lob balls all day to Torres, Kuyt and Riera! Arsenal can't handle those tactics. Also when theytry to play that way, this always happens:

Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by mukina2: 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2009
Tocdee , Gerrad wont get the opportunity to do this after the match cheesy

[img]http://pwood33.files./2008/11/13ffa4f34cc5c8d73351f1d7de9157251.jpg?w=300&h=141[/img]
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by MrCrackles(m): 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2009
Ifedisky:

Arsenal will lose. This's a picnic game we should try our academy players in while resting our armoury. No big deal

You are bloody dongle!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ Mukina
grin grin
I saw that photo last year and almost changed clubs. However I verified that it was fake from RAWK! Phew!

Anyway, Gerrard's injured but so are Adebayor and RVP (reported by Sky) and the trio won't be available for the match. I hope Torres runs 2 circles round Silvestre's massive skull before lobbing the ball over the advancing Fabianski and into a net still shaking from a previous goal wink

Seriously, make una leave us win naa. Una no need am, shee?
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by mukina2: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2009
Why did you post a pic of my captain like that? angry grin

That pic is not fake o, its authentic grin

Injury where? angry back to sender. i have checked and checked, i have not seen anything, so until its comfirmed angry

We should win you guys jare grin
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2009
Naah! Gerrard and Alonso are very principled family men! smiley

And Ade + RVP are definitely out! (Check skysports.com)

Enter Eduardo and Bendtner. My point is: if we don't beat you, then Utd will afford to rest players ahead of your CL clash with them. If we win, the pressure remains on them. Your only chance against those scummies would be to have fresher players than the lot next week, trust me.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by Lagosboy: 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
True Ade and RVP are out but Gunners shall triumph. Eduardo shall play and either Bentdner plays alongside him or Arshavin plays behind him. The only worry i have is the weakling in goal plus Silvestre.

I think it shall be a good game though as both teams i think will play open football cos liverpool cant affor to be cautious and would be gunning for an early goal.

Fabiansky i beg u make u stay for ur line.

Gunner for life!!!!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by mukina2: 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2009
Tocdee
They were hyper grin it happened cheesy grin

Thanks it has been Confirmed

if we had defeated the chav scum, then maybe just maybe, United may lose to Pompey who knows grin

WE must win o, i am still very angry at Wenger so he had better win at Anfield angry.

No worries the scumtwats will drop more points grin
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2009
You DON'T NEED the win!! I'm sure Arsene knows but its not like we need you guys to have a bad day (Liverpool fans have no probs with Arsenal). However we should be able to beat you guys even with your entire team present especially at Anfield with the goal scoring form we are in currently. Scored 4,4,1,1,5,4,4,2 (total 25) in the last 8 games against defences like Utd, Madrid, Villa,etc. if your defence isn't sorted out asap, we might nick it 2-0 or 2-1.

Good luck against the Scum though, after all a foe to a foe is a friend! smiley
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by bgees(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2009
i'd like to see how silverster will cope with torress. grin grin

on a serious note, those gunner boys will be hard for us. rafa should better field his strongest team. agger should replace lucas(i'm sure he will cope).
Really arsenal have nothing to play for, they are comfortably in 4th place and can't win the league, BUT arsene wenger will want to prove stubborn-he hates rafa .

@tocdee,

are u sure gerrard wont be playing?
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by Uby40(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2009
this one's gat Liverpool written all over it. Arsenal are still suffering from the same fatigue that saw them look slugish against Chelsea.and liverpool have rested well since losin out of the champions league against Chelsea.so i believe they wud see off the gunners,coupled with the fact that the EPL is the only trophy they are after this season. lets see how both teams react to this match after defeats on both ends
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by 08064753382: 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2009
[b][/b]
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by 08064753382: 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2009
[b][/b] :chelsea 3 everton 1
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ bgees

I'm sure. Gerrard aggravated his injury in rehab and will face a battle to be fit for Hull on Saturday ruling him out this Tuesday. But we don't really need him in my opinion. We need Riera and Kuyt to play to their ability as Mascherano and Alonso should dictate the midfield on their day.

08064753382:

[b][/b] :chelsea 3 everton 1

Sorry, you lost son?
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by agabaI23(m): 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2009
Wow this game na die oo.
We must not lose any game again.
we will though. Gunners for live!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by FBS: 9:01am On Apr 21, 2009
tocdee:

@ bgees
Sorry, you lost son?
story story. you lost boy.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by FBS: 9:02am On Apr 21, 2009
come on Arses. Give the Pools a run for their money.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 11:00am On Apr 21, 2009
I wonder how Wenger approaches this; if he lines up his best team and suffers injuries, he'll face a lot of crticism from the fans and pundits alike. However I see him playing a full strength squad for this and resting key players at the weekend with the Old-Trafford trip in perspective.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tayoccu(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2009
we gon whoop liverfluke today, and manure on tuesday.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by LuCiA2(f): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2009
Arsenal should win or get a draw. Anfield is no longer a fortress.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2009
LuC!A:

Arsenal should win or get a draw. Anfield is no longer a fortress.

Oh! because Chelsea beat the Reds there recently, abi? However they haven't lost in the League at Anfield for almost 2 calendar years!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by rasputinn(m): 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2009
It's such a shame that our squad has been decimated by injuries
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 21, 2009
Lverpool should win this
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by annyplenty(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2009
UP LIVERPOOL, UP LIVERPOOL , UP LIVERPOOL.

WE WILL NEVER WALK ALONE.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by nduchucks: 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2009
Arsenal has been pitiful recently, I don't expect a change in their form.  My prediction: [size=16pt]Liverpool 3 Arsenal 1 [/size]

Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
Prediction . . . Arsenal 0 Liverpool 2

Honest truth from an Arsenal fan. cry
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by allboyz(m): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2009
I don't want l'pool to loose this and niether do i want my CLUB Arsenal to loose as well.

i go for a draw . . 2 - 2 its at Anfield.

L'pool for the EPL this season. . . i support them on that. . .lets share the Throhies!!!

Arsenal - UCL
L'pool - EPL
MAN U - Beer Cup
Chelsea/Everton - FA Cup

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2009
allboyz:

I don't want l'pool to loose this and niether do i want my CLUB Arsenal to loose as well.

i go for a draw . . 2 - 2 its at Anfield.

L'pool for the EPL this season. . . i support them on that. . .lets share the Throhies!!!

Arsenal - UCL
L'pool - EPL
MAN U - Beer Cup
Chelsea/Everton - FA Cup

grin grin grin grin grin

If this happens, I'll run across town in nothing on but me boxers!!!!!! grin grin

Of course NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by PurestBoy(m): 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2009
davidylan:

Prediction . . . Arsenal 0 Liverpool 2

Honest truth from an Arsenal fan. cry

That truth is not honest enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Atletico Madrid [4 - 0]On Wed 21st / Levante Vs Real Madrid (1 - 0)On Sunday,18th September,2011 / Wigan Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On Saturday December 17, 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.