Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April (6155 Views)

Poll: Victorious team will be?

Liverpool: 41% (19 votes)
Arsenal: 52% (24 votes)
Draw: 6% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Southampton Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 26th December 2015 / Barcelona Vs PSG : UCL (2 - 0) On 21st April 2015 / Arsenal Vs Liverpool (4 - 1) On 4th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by BMusa1(m): 9:20am On Apr 22, 2009
No one ever expected the 4 -4 scoreline after all. Arsenal doubtful's  were really let down. Some work needs to be done with the team, but for playing against Liverpool with such a passion, Arsenal is it!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by vanderjo(m): 9:30am On Apr 22, 2009
I think the Arsenal midfield was weak yesterday and oh my God that big head guy called Sylvestre did it again,the defense was a shamble,i hope we don't put up this kind of defense against man utd,i bet we will be out of the UCL,if we do.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by nyabinghi(m): 9:34am On Apr 22, 2009
You footie fans most times amaze me with your "great" knowledge of soccer.The defences of the 2 teams were non existent. Arsenal scored 4 goals despite being outplayed for a great deal of the game. Liverpool's comical defending made it easy for Arsenal brag again. I hope Arsenal could play United this way and see how to concede 13 goals in a match.

EPL will end like this:

United
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal

United will beat any team that comes its way from now till the end of the season

Van Der Save,
Rafael  Rio   Vida    Evra
Fletcher   Anderson   Giggs    Park

Ronaldo    Rooney

for tonight's game in my own opinion.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tayoccu(m): 9:44am On Apr 22, 2009
I normally don't pick on refs, but that bloody Arrow robbed us.
the Arrow disallowed 2 beautiful goals, and gave 5 extra mins in an half where no one got hurt and there was no scuffle

anywayz I'm proud of my boys.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 9:47am On Apr 22, 2009
What I can't understand is why Liverpool's defence have suddenly gone from tight to shaky. Prior to this match, they had conceeded the fewest and kept the most clean-sheets in the EPL by shutting out teams so efficiently. I think Reina's form has dropped drastically and Carragher needs to be rested a bit for Skrtel and Agger to form an understanding.

That said, thanks to the Reds for giving the neutrals 2 games of their lives in 1 week. As a red though, I hate that we scored 8 and conceeded 8. A boring 1-0 would be so much better wink

PS @ Myself2  I dunno how you can call Liverpool lucky after that match. They absolutely dominated proceedings!

tayoccu:

I normally don't pick on refs, but that bloody Arrow robbed us.
the Arrow disallowed 2 beautiful goals, and gave 5 extra mins in an half where no one got hurt and there was no scuffle

Yossi scored just after the 92nd minute. He didnt need the 5 minutes, did he?
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tayoccu(m): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2009
Yossi scored just after the 92nd minute. He didnt need the 5 minutes, did he?

a minuite or 2 was enough stoppage time, but the Arrow gave 5,and yossi scored after the 2 mins mark.

but why cry over spilt milk?
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by bgees(m): 10:02am On Apr 22, 2009
Arsenal had just 4 shots on target and Reina conceded all 4. I'm not slanging him but its just very disappointing.

Our defence being poor of recent could be a consequence of our "all out" approach. I dont blame the team because going all out may just get us more wins and eventually the EPL title.

Carra needs to rest but i wouldn't rest him just like that if i was in Rafa's shoes. Understanding is very key among center backs. Skrtel needs to come back .
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 10:29am On Apr 22, 2009
tayoccu:

a[b] minuite or 2 was enough stoppage time[/b], but the Arrow gave 5,and yossi scored after the 2 mins mark.

but why cry over spilt milk?

Every sub incurs 30 seconds of stoppage time. So 2nd halves usually have about 3 minutes of extra time. However as you said, there's no use tearing one's beard over spilt booze.

@Bgees

I wouldn't blame anyone for slagging Reina, 11 goals conceeded in 4 matches isn't acceptable, simple.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by MrCrackles(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2009
The 5 minutes extra time given was unjustifiable in my opinion!

I wouldav loved an Arsenal win as a true gunner but not a bad result still at the end of the day!

I hope Liverpool can go all the way to pip United to the trophy!! tongue
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by opuro(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2009
ucl

chelsea 3 livpool 1
chelsea 4 livpool 4 chelsea wins

fa cup

chelsea 2 ars anal 1
chelsea win

up chelseaaaaaaaaaaa
na small small dog de drink water
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by PurestBoy(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

The 5 minutes extra time given was unjustifiable in my opinion!

I wouldav loved an Arsenal win as a true gunner but not a bad result still at the end of the day!

I hope Liverpool can go all the way to pip United to the trophy!! tongue

The 5 minutes added time is unjust, Howard spoilt my night however I still celebrate with my Hennesy
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by idupaul: 11:47am On Apr 22, 2009
up chelseaaaaaaaaaaa
na small small dog de drink water

lol
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by mcgboye(m): 11:52am On Apr 22, 2009
Great game, but were there any defender on that pitch. the defending was just shabby at best.

Now we all know Liverpool WILL NOT win this season's title. You dont play like kindergaten kids on a summer adventure camp and still expect to be champions.Another season that promised so much is fast going the way of others. I've learnt one important lesson: NEVER EVER EVER TRUST LIVERPOOL. you just dont know when they'll show up.

plus we need to investigate the geanologies of both Rafael Benitez and Claudio Ranieri. Beyond their common trait of letting big advantage slip through their fingers, between them lie coaching secrets only they can explain. something tells me they are related, somehow.

ha ha ha
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by jaguda(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2009
Great game, our unbeaten run in the Premiership still intact.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by pek(m): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2009
Arsenal has been pitiful recently, I don't expect a change in their form.  My prediction: Liverpool 3 Arsenal 1  

what is your definition of pitiable? undefeated in 19 league games and in champions league semi finals.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by MAITEMA(m): 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2009
The only positive that can be taken from this match is if Arshavin’s quality convinces Wenger that he needs some more quality to blend with his young guns, at least a world class defensive midfielder to foil Fabregas and shield the defence, and maybe one or two central defenders. That way I am certain that we Gooners will kiss a trophy next season.

For now I will accept our fate of inconsistencies and uncertainties that come with inexperience but in the same vein I duly hope these young guns pounce on Man U, Chelsea/Barca like a pack of wolves for the champions league which is still within our grasp.

I wave my wand saying to yee mountains between us and glory in Rome come May 27th; wingardium leviosa
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by pek(m): 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2009
Arsenal will lose. This's a picnic game we should try our academy players in while resting our armoury. No big deal

even with your first team, you were lucky to escape with a draw.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by aieromon(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2009
I was embarrased by the defense of both teams.at the end,i feel arsenal was the better team because they created goals without EA and RVP and made use of a laughable central defense.arsenal deserved to take three points not because am a manc but because they made something out of nothing
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by Lagosboy: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2009
Honestly as an arsenal fan i feel we were outplayed by liverpool yesterday but what i praise is the ability of thos young boys with 5 of the first team not playing and were able to withstand the tremendous pressure liverpool threw at us from the start of the game.

Arshavin was simply clinical and took all the chances we had. 4 on target 4 goals with reina saving nothing for 95 mins. Even arsenal had no corner kick as far as i remember.

The negative i take away is silvestre and Bentdner. Bentnder had 90 mins to show if he can play at the big stage yet he the few balls his legs touched was a disaster. Arshavin did not have a great fottball game but the few times he touched the ball the result is what we see. In my opinion Bentdet shud just be kept as a fringe player and nothing more.

Silvestre is an accident waiting to happen at old trafford. He had a mixed game yesterday as he was the cause of 2 golals and he also made some impact but overall he his shit.

Nasri was my best player yesterday putting aside the clinical arshavin for his goal. Fabregas was pretty average and had a quiet game Charragger never gave him a chance to do anything with the ball.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by Omolola1(f): 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2009
4-4 AGAIN!!!

Na Basketball?  grin LIVERPOOL NA WA O!!!!!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2009
pek:

even with your first team, you were lucky to escape with a draw.

The comment you responded to was made by an Arsenal fan! No Liverpool fan thought it would be easy. I tip Arsenal to come away from Old Trafford with at least a point in the league and beat Chelsea at the Emirates. tongue
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by Sauron1: 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2009
tocdee:

The comment you responded to was made by an Arsenal fan! No Liverpool fan thought it would be easy. I tip Arsenal to come away from Old Trafford with at least a point in the league and beat Chelsea at the Emirates. tongue

Naysayers are at it again.
United's game against Arsenal at OT is the penultimate game of the season.
With 6 points gap, losing against Arsenal will not stop United from winning the Premiership.

Rafa Benitez's luck is running out FAST!!!
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by honeric01(m): 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2009
basketball
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by skibochi(m): 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2009
wow that pics of gerrard na revelation oh!!! i hope say no be bros like that, shocked
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by olokun(m): 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2009
Howard Webb will realise his lifetime's ambition after he was today announced as the referee of this season's FA Cup final between Chelsea and Everton, for info visit >>>>> www.sportnewsreports..com
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by olokun(m): 7:08am On Apr 23, 2009
Andrei Arshavin na wa oooo

Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by sherif4owo(m): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2009
Gunners 4 Life Arsenal 2 grin Low Liverpool 0/1 cry
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by tocdee(m): 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2009
sherif4owo:

Gunners 4 Life Arsenal 2 grin Low Liverpool 0/1 cry

Silly, does that even make sense to you?

skibochi:

wow that pics of gerrard na revelation oh!!! i hope say no be bros like that, shocked

Its photoshop mate. Just removed the UCL trophy between the two players and smack! That picture appeared. Brilliant though.
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by olokun(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2009
The sky is always blue;so what do you expect from us?The least that can happen to all our games is to win all, which i believe by the grace of God is going to come to pass.
Up Chelsea! Up Blue!!
>>>>> www.sportnewsreports..com

Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by gworldmufmobi(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2009
i was so disappointed,
Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by olokun(m): 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2009
What will be will be.This is how Chelsea players will celebrate their trophies

Re: Liverpool (4) Vs Arsenal (4) On Tuesday 21st April by RiffRaff: 1:06am On Apr 24, 2009
I will cal sir Alex to send Asha a Premier league Medal cuz he just won us d league.
I hope Silvestre will win us d champions league by defending as bad as he did against Liverfool.
I suspect wengar must have told him to defend like that cuz nobody can play that bad on purpose.
Asha does not understand English, he didnt hear when wengar told the team to lose so that ManU's attention will be divided when we play them.
Gonnerz, we are goin 2 crush you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs West Bromwich Albion (3 - 0) On 5th November 2011 / Manchester United Wants Enyeama / Chelsea's Success: Mourinho's Management Or Abrahamovich's Millions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.