Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,485 members, 7,836,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

My Thoughts On Their Independence, Are They Really Independent? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On Their Independence, Are They Really Independent? (550 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Students' Association Ukraine @ Their Independence Celebration / See 20 Countries Currently Agitating For Their Independence worldwide (pic) / Independence? What Independence Are We Celebrating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Thoughts On Their Independence, Are They Really Independent? by CHUKSKALIDONN: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
Independence is total freedom. It is being able to face your woes, mistakes and subsequent penalties that follows. It means making your own decisions, mistakes as well as achieving several successes based solely on the steps taken by you.
However, in the case of Nigeria being and celebrating independence. Are they really independent? Only fools would admit that.
The fact is: Nigeria are still tied up, they are still on the total control of Britain. They know its true, starting Tafawa Belewa to Muhammadu Buhari- they know its true. The Britain course are still served till now. Looking at India, another colonial subject of Britain it would be nothing but fair to say "this is really independence".
When Sir James Robertson stayed back in Nigeria during independent election, he threw his weight behind Abubaka Belewa after Harold Smith refused to rig the election in favour of Belewa Abubakar to serve their course. What were they thinking, Independence is won not served on a platter of Gold. It would be foolishness to join them in celebrating Independence when there is none,. Its just a written independence. They are in chains, they don't know they are being deceived by every single president that assumed office. They are meant to remain slaves to Britain and indirectly to the United State.
My thought on the their independence is that they were never independent but chose to celebrate, what a disgrace.
Re: My Thoughts On Their Independence, Are They Really Independent? by Imoy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
Are you a Nigerian?

(1) (Reply)

South African Bank Beat Nigerian Banks In Most Innovative Investment Banks / Senate Unveils Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees / Youth of sokoto state celebrating the appointment of Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.