Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,203 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls (3450 Views)

Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community / Weapons Recovered From Criminals By Soldiers In The North. Photos / More Photos 4rm Boko Haram Camp In Burra Forest,Bauchi Captured By Soldiers 2day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by amebono13: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2009
Sunday, March 29 this year was a day inhabitants of Tarkwa Bay, a Lagos island, especially the women, would not forget in a hurry. That day, a detachment of soldiers, numbering over 300 and armed to the teeth invaded the area in the wee hours. Mission? To cleanse the notorious island crawling with iniquities.

However, the soldiers not only went beyond their mandate but also added their personal programme. They mercilessly raped young girls and women, at, an instance, in a sex orgy.
Narrating their ordeal in the hand of the rapist soldiers, some ladies, who were sexually abused, said that the rampaging soldiers had forceful carnal knowledge of them at gunpoint, in the open and in their rooms.

Saturday Sun gathered that the soldiers stormed the island in a commando style at 4.00a.m that day, firing sporadically. They broke down doors and windows. The soldiers also smashed heads and broke limbs.

After subduing the residents, the women were raped in turns by the soldiers.
It was gathered that after the rape spree, the soldiers took away over 40 people, to the nearby naval yard.

Saturday Sun gathered that to escape from the brutality of the soldiers, some of the frightened residents jumped into the sea and swamps in the area. There were fears that some may have drowned, as an unidentified body was seen floating in the sea some days after the operation.
One of the rape victims, who identified herself simply as Grace, narrated her ordeal thus: “A few minutes after I entered my room, after dancing with my friends at Blue Dreams Bar on the island, I started hearing the sound of gun being fired everywhere.

Fear gripped me and I didn’t know what to do. At that time I was alone in the room, as my roommate had gone out to answer the call of nature in the bush because there is no toilet at Tarkwa Bay. There was commotion outside, I heard people shouting. Then our door flew open and a soldier brandishing gun and horsewhip charged in. I was shaking and he tore of my sleeping gown and raped me at gun point.”

Sobbing, the lady from Warri, Delta State, added that after assaulting her, the soldier took her handset, money and trinkets.

Asked if the rapist used condom, Grace shook her head and said: “He didn’t use condom. When I asked him to use condom because I had some packs in the room, he slapped me across the face and I almost fainted. He was smelling alcohol. Although I am a hustler (prostitute), I have never seen anything like that in my life. The man was an animal. He was raping me and cursing me at the same time. His manhood is like that of a horse, it was almost coming out of my mouth. I vomitted later. He bruised me all over.”

She said that one week after the incident, she is yet to see or hear from her roommate, Doris.
Another victim, who gave her name as Sandra, said that she was raped by two soldiers that day.
“Two of them (soldiers) raped me that day,” Sandra said reluctantly. “Those men were evil. They took everything I have. They took my phones, my money, my jewellery. One of them even removed the ring on my finger. They are bastards.”

She disclosed that none of the men used condom while having sex with her.
However, the Benue State indigene said that the soldiers would regret their action thereafter, refusing to elaborate. She said that after the assault, she relocated to Apapa.
Another girl, who was raped said that the soldiers behaved as if they were sex-starved. She said that one of the soldiers ordered her to UnCloth and without even making effort to “put her in the mood” just pounced on her.

The girl, who gave her name as Ashanu, said: “The soldiers just grabbed me after I removed my dress at gun-point. His manhood was already erect and he forced himself into me. It was painful and I had tears in my private part. He went on pumping me and it took a long time before he released. He just got up, put on his trousers and ordered me to follow him. I cried because of the pains in my private part.”
On his part, Ted described his escape as a miracle. “They beat the daylight out of me,” he said, showing his broken skin.

“They were everywhere, beating and kicking us like animals. I can only describe my escape as a miracle because I was one of those they caught initially but when I saw the chance I ran into the swamp and waited till later in the day before finding my way out of the place. Over 40 others were arrested and taken to the navy base. They said we were criminals, that Tarkwa Bay is a hideout for criminals. But all of us cannot be criminals.”

Another escapee, who refused to identify himself, said that he actually bought his freedom.
His words: “I was one of the people the soldiers caught but I gave money to one of them and he allowed me to escape. You know, I have always known that there will be trouble someday at Tarkwa Bay, so I had always prepared for it. I always had all my money inside my shorts pockets. It was from there I gave one of them N2, 000 and he allowed me to run away.”

At present, Tarkwa Bay is almost a ghost town, as many of the residents have deserted the place. It was, however, gathered that those who have nowhere to go sneak into the place to pass the night and leave at dawn.

The invasion of Tarkwa Bay is coming a few weeks after Saturday Sun published a special investigative report on February 7, exposing the atrocities going on in the island. The report, which elicited effervescent reactions across the country, was entitled, EVIL ISLAND. Tarkwa Bay, Nigeria’s Sodom and Gomorrah, where sex, drugs are done in the open.

The report noted: “To talk about ‘zipping up’ or sexual restraint in Tarkwa Bay is to talk gibberish. Around every corner, sex crawls like a disease. Pubescent girls and not-so-young ladies dressed in skimpy attires barter their company to men who have money and willing to spend it. It is common to see couples kissing and smooching openly, irrespective of the number of eyes fixed in their direction. Some of the girls hand over sexual favours, just after some drinks. Indeed, sex is cheap at Tarkwa Bay.”

The report further maintained that “Tarkwa Bay is also a haven of criminals. Investigation revealed that the place serves as a hideout for criminals. After committing crimes in other places, some of the criminals retreat into Tarkwa Bay to cool off. Also, some of the men are neck deep into pipeline vandalism. In the place, a 50-litre of diesel sells for N2,000. Tarkwa Bay is in a world of its own. In the entire island, there is not even a single police man.”

Perhaps, on account of the report, the soldiers moved in to remove the bad eggs and cleanse the inland. But can evil be eradicated with evil?

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/default.aspx?a=1540&z=10
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by amebono13: 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2009
Asked if the rapist used condom, Grace shook her head and said: “He didn’t use condom. When I asked him to use condom because I had some packs in the room, he slapped me across the face and I almost fainted. He was smelling alcohol. Although I am a hustler (prostitute), I have never seen anything like that in my life. The man was an animal. He was raping me and cursing me at the same time. His manhood is like that of a horse, it was almost coming out of my mouth. I vomitted later. He bruised me all over.”

Another girl, who was raped said that the soldiers behaved as if they were sex-starved. She said that one of the soldiers ordered her to UnCloth and without even making effort to “put her in the mood” just pounced on her.
[b]
The soldiers just grabbed me after I removed my dress at gun-point. His manhood was already erect and he forced himself into me. It was painful and I had tears in my private part. He went on pumping me and it took a long time before he released. He just got up, put on his trousers and ordered me to follow him. I cried because of the pains in my privat[/b]e part.”
On his part, Ted described his escape as a miracle. [b]“They beat the daylight out of me,” [/b]he said, showing his broken skin.

hahhahah ok this is funny,im not laughing at them for what they went thru, btu the way they are narrating the thingy is funny grin grin grin
dem dey put person in the mood during rape_ cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by amebono13: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2009
Another escapee, who refused to identify himself, said that he actually bought his freedom.
His words: “I was one of the people the soldiers caught but I gave money to one of them and he allowed me to escape. You know, I have always known that there will be trouble someday at Tarkwa Bay, s[b]o I had always prepared for it. I always had all my money inside my shorts pockets. It was from there I gave one of them N2, 000 and he allowed me to run away.[/b]

grin grin grin grin oh gawdd
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by Pataki: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2009
I think this story should be in the crime section.

Such a shame that such an animal act is still prevalent amongst our soldiers whose sole responsibility is to protect its own people.
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by Lagosboy: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2009
The funny thing is in staurday sun one of the girls confessed she has HIV and was happy the soldier might contact it while he was doing the disgraceful act. such men deserve to have their penis chopped of and served to the dogs as sausage.
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by dominique(f): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2009
these gals get mind o!!! so they can still narrate their terrible ordeal in such graphic details. my heart goes out to them sha.
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by lwise(m): 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2009
Asked if the rapist used condom, Grace shook her head and said: “He didn’t use condom. When I asked him to use condom because I had some packs in the room, he slapped me across the face and I almost fainted. He was smelling alcohol. Although I am a hustler (prostitute), I have never seen anything like that in my life. The man was an animal. He was raping me and cursing me at the same time. His manhood is like that of a horse, it was almost coming out of my mouth. I vomitted later. He bruised me all over.[color=#000099][/color]”

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by RichyBlacK(m): 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2009
What will the inept Nigerian government do about this violation?

If these were foreign soldiers, say in some foreign country, many Nigerians will be up in arms demanding heaven and hell. Now, that the criminals in uniform have brazenly violated civilian women, will those irresponsible zombies in Abuja do anything about it? Useless government! angry
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by amebono13: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2009
lwise:

Asked if the rapist used condom, Grace shook her head and said: “He didn’t use condom. When I asked him to use condom because I had some packs in the room, he slapped me across the face and I almost fainted. He was smelling alcohol. Although I am a hustler (prostitute), I have never seen anything like that in my life. The man was an animal. He was raping me and cursing me at the same time. His manhood is like that of a horse, it was almost coming out of my mouth. I vomitted later. He bruised me all over.[color=#000099][/color]”

that made me laff too,with these one grin grin grin grin grin

RichyBlacK:

What will the inept Nigerian government do about this violation?

If these were foreign soldiers, say in some foreign country, many Nigerians will be up in arms demanding heaven and hell. Now, that the criminals in uniform have brazenly violated civilian women, will those irresponsible zombies in Abuja do anything about it? Useless government! angry

useless no be small, seriously this soldiers deserve to die
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by oybv101: 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2009
lwise:

there is NOTHING funny about the narration of a rape. this is only one of the reasons why women in Nigeria keep silent. sometimes when i hear the way some of us talk about the ordeals of rape victims - i remeber one girl yes a girl telling me the rapsts caught their fun, or a guy talking about how some armed robber rapists gbadun as the victims were fine girls. angry angry angry angry

would anyone see anything humorous if the victim(s) were people close/related to them? or would they be cursing the bastards ?

nigeria cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by hoeyeadoe: 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2009
Amebo, I agree with you jare. 'Ask if he wore a condom' Insult upon injury, lo ju iku.

Please, is this reallt true, takwa bay, never heard of it.

But, this is really terrible, rape is as bad as killing, I sorry for Nigeria- ni ilu to loba to ni  ijoye When are we ever going to have law and order in my belovd raped State.
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2009
Are they that sexually frustrated? Demented Bastards!!!
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by emilyone(f): 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2009
dis is absurd! shocked shocked

are we still in military era? shocked shocked o my gawd dis is unfair!
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by IFELEKE(m): 5:24pm On Apr 20, 2009
I read this and remember The Infamous Odi Massacre. . .For Shame!
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by ezeagu(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2009
Where did you get this from, the reporting style is bizarre:
His manhood is like that of a horse, it was almost coming out of my mouth.
She said that one of the soldiers ordered her to UnCloth and without even making effort to “put her in the mood” just pounced on her.
His manhood was already erect and he forced himself into me. It was painful and I had tears in my private part. He went on pumping me and it took a long time before he released.
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by udezue(m): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2009
This is your typical Nigeria. Useless nation. Not surprised at all. Soldiers are supposed to act like civilized citizens not common animals. What the difference btwn these men and Hausa Fulani murderers up north? NOTHING.
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by Youngpo413: 6:26am On Nov 30, 2014
dominique:
these gals get mind o!!! so they can still narrate their terrible ordeal in such graphic details. my heart goes out to them sha.
have you forgotten who they are?
Re: How We Were Mercilessly Raped By Soldiers – Tarkwa Bay Girls by kettykin: 7:28am On Nov 30, 2014
Nigerian brute soldiers dealing with the defenceless since 1960, these same soldiers brutality will turn into cowardice before boko haram, no wonder they had to resort to starvation to win the biafrans

(1) (Reply)

View With Caution. Pics Of Jos Crisis / Hundreds Of Nigerians Stranded Near Libyan Borders / Dutch Passenger Put Up Image Of Tickets On Instagram Before Boarding Flight MH17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.