Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,495 members, 7,770,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:50 AM

Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech (946 Views)

Fake Linkedin Profile Created For Iranian President / Iranian President On West Africa Tour / Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by omooloye1(f): 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2009
Peeps,I'm watching the United Nation's meeting live on CNN.You need to see the Euroean Union delegates walking out on Ahamadnijead's speech on racism.Truth is bitter.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by deor03(m): 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2009
The truth MUST be told, lol
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by posakosa(m): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2009

Im glad they walked out!

Ahamadnijead needs a reality check.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2009
they shld have boycotted the event in the first place.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Lagosboy: 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2009
Respect begets respect.

These same leader can stand and condemn other leaders and they dont want another leader to criticise them.

Take it or leave it Ahmedinajad is a democratically elected leader of his people and Like Obama said US should deal with them based on mutual respect.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2009
Lagosboy:

Respect begets respect.

These same leader can stand and condemn other leaders and they dont want another leader to criticise them.

Take it or leave it Ahmedinajad is a democratically elected leader of his people and Like Obama said US should deal with them based on mutual respect.

Seems you islamobots only realise that when your islamic brethren are being given a dose of their own medicine. If they had walked out on Netanyahu would you also be crying that he was a democratically elected leader of the Jews? slowpoke.

Ahmedinejad's Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism . . . many of these EU countries have felt firsthand what 9-11 was like . . . i'm not sure they were interested in the sanctimonious drivel he had to say.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Lagosboy: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2009
davidylan:

Seems you[b] islamobots [/b] only realise that when your islamic brethren are being given a dose of their own medicine. If they had walked out on Netanyahu would you also be crying that he was a democratically elected leader of the Jews? slowpoke.

Ahmedinejad's Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism . . . many of these EU countries have felt firsthand what 9-11 was like . . . i'm not sure they were interested in the sanctimonious drivel he had to say.

I have ever since realised asking you to change is like asking the sky to turn green. What has religion got to dow with this discussion at hand. What is d meaning of islamobot by the way other than a dergotatory way of addressing muslims. Likei always say u are an embodiment of how not to be a christian or better still a symbol of been unchristian.

Analyse the issues at hand without adding your relgious intonation to it. Let me remind you its the politics section.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2009
if you "analysed the issues" rather than bothering about what particular word i use in my posts perhaps we could get somewhere.

1. I use the term "islamobot" to underscore a very vital point. You only cry "respect" because it was Ahmedinejad. Would you have HONESTLY CARED if EU delegates walked out on Netanyahu or Bush? Where they not also democratically elected leaders?

Seems what's good for your muslim brethren is bad for others.

Lagosboy:

I have ever since realised asking you to change is like asking the sky to turn green. What has religion got to dow with this discussion at hand. What is d meaning of islamobot by the way other than a dergotatory way of addressing muslims. Likei always say u are an embodiment of how not to be a christian or better still a symbol of been unchristian.

Analyse the issues at hand without adding your relgious intonation to it. Let me remind you its the politics section.

I think you are confusing christianity with being a dhimmi.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Lagosboy: 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2009
I will always like to analyse issues and thathas been my stance on NL but u cannot call me names and expect me to swallow that without raising an eyebrow especially when i dont call people names or throw insults and anyone here can confirm that. I expect the same in return !!!

Difference of opinion in politcs or debates does not warrant name calling , maturity should be key and we should be able to express ourselves without derogatroy words.

Islamaobot is in every word derodgatory and if your really wanted to score a point u would have said muslims and i would have taken u on regarding that.

No need for religious sentiments here please!!
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by ElRazur: 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2009
It was alleged he mentioned how he wants Israel to be wiped off the map, or pushed into the sea. Something he later denied and claimed it was taken out of context, or something along those lines.  Now he calls the Israeli racist live on tv, I really do not see how this will help the relations between both countries.

He's even gone ahead to call those who walk out on him as "Arrogant and disrespectful". Erm is it me, but it appears the irony is lost on him here?

This is what the UN sectary general had to say:

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has expressed dismay at the boycotts, and the speech, saying Mr Ahmadinejad had used his speech "to accuse, divide and even incite".

Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Lagosboy: 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2009
I n as much as i would have loved Ahmednijad to have been a little bit subtle in this speech , i just wonder if Bush calling 3 countries Axis of Evil was any better or Hilary's comment about obliterating Iran if it attacked israel despite israel wanting to attack an Iran unprovocatively.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by ElRazur: 5:42pm On Apr 20, 2009
Lagosboy:

I n as much as i would have loved Ahmednijad to have been a little bit subtle in this speech , i just wonder if Bush calling 3 countries Axis of Evil was any better or Hilary's comment about obliterating Iran if it attacked israel despite israel wanting to attack an Iran unprovocatively.

That is just grasping for points now in my opinion.

As much as I do take George Bush serious, he may have a point. Evidence will suggest those countries - Iran and Syria especially actively supports organisation that can be classed as a terrorist group.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2009
Lagosboy:

This is the height of dishonesty. Israel is trying to attack Iran UNPROVOKED? shocked
I doubt if we live on the same planet. Dude i know you must defend the islamobots against the jews but try not to lie so badly, it makes nonsense of what else you have to say.

Besides was this about Bush? why flash the Bush card anytime the idiocy of middle east leaders is questioned?
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Lagosboy: 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2009
rhetoric means absolute nothing. Does rhetoric warrant attacking the nuclear facility of iran?

Even when it has been said several times what he said in farsi was not the correct translation the media hyped in english.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by ElRazur: 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2009
Lagosboy:

rhetoric means absolute nothing. Does rhetoric warrant attacking the nuclear facility of iran?

Even when it has been said several times what he said in farsi was not the correct translation the media hyped in english.

It is not about rhetoric. There are other factors, Iran actively arms those who seek the total destruction of the jewish state - Hezebollah. The concept of Islam calls for the killing of Jews amongst other things. etc. You see this problem is more than that.

Finally, I for once do not believe him, the translation wasn't hyped. He pretty much mentioned those things. He even questioned the authenticity of the Holocaust. But then, he is a politician he can always deny his words later.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2009
Lagosboy:

Err does direct support for HAMAS and Hezbollah also constitute "rhetoric"? I think you need a good dose of honesty.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by ElRazur: 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2009
davidylan:

Err does direct support for HAMAS and Hezbollah also constitute "rhetoric"? I think you need a good dose of honesty.

You wait till he tells you that American arms Israel too. grin [But ignoring the fact that, it is done legally and not through back doors.]

Even though every nation on earth have the right to defend herself. Especially a place like Israel where they are surrounded by those who want them dead.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2009
ElRazur:

You wait till he tells you that American arms Israel too. grin [But ignoring the fact that, it is done legally and not through back doors.]

Even though every nation on earth have the right to defend herself. Especially a place like Israel where they are surrounded by those who want them dead.

He's probably also forgotten that the US arms Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Russia arms Iran too . . . of course Israel is the only nation that lagosboy and ahmedinejad do not want armed . . . gee now i wonder why that would be.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2009
@topic

I have never been so disappointed like I was this night when the moronic racist president dedicated his entire speech being anti semitic. Tears even flowed down my eyes when he rounded up the speech without mentioning how Omar el-bashir and sudan are leading the way in racism.

I guess the UN lied to the world that the conference was going to be about racism and not about how the Islamic world hate Isreal and the jews?

I still wonder why brain dead african deligates didnt walk out. undecided
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2009
nuzo:

I still wonder why brain dead african deligates didnt walk out. undecided

Why shld they? Many of them are still going back to beg Ahmedinejad for funds.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by ElRazur: 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2009
davidylan:

Why shld they? Many of them are still going back to beg Ahmedinejad for funds.

They clapped didn't they? At least they [i]did [/i]something.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by yeswecan(m): 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2009
Ahmedinejad is a racist/ terrorist and he should be treated as one.
Re: Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech by xTheorist(m): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2009
EU delegates walked out because their dignity was injured after Ahmedinejad questioned their conscience.

(1) (Reply)

Al Qaeda Confirms Bin Laden's Death / Immigration Deports S'african Over Abuse Of Expatriate Quota / Just Like In The Middle East, Uprising In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.