Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. (3602 Views)

5 Ways To Reduce Income Tax Liability In Nigeria / How To Start A Sport Betting Company Without Paying Millions For Software / Limited Liability Company Incorporation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by kode12: 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
Guys with experience please help out here,Im looking @ registering a new start up with the CAC but I dint want to use the lawyer I usually use and an official @ the CAC office told me it's possible if I know the process so guys help me out here.
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by orunto27: 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
It's the job of a Chartered Accountant to float all Companies, limited, unlimited, Registered and Plcs. Go to a Chartered Accountant.

1 Like

Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by kode12: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
orunto27:
It's the job of a Chartered Accountant to float all Companies, limited, unlimited, Registered and Plcs. Go to a Chartered Accountant.
I'm sorry but it isn't. And I've heard the S.A to the D.G say so himself. I don't want to have to read the whole CAMA act to get it done so I need practical experience ad advice on how to go about it.thanks
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by tinzymoha: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
You can do it your self but it has so many disadvantages. it will take so long ehhhh, 10,000,000 shares for 90k if interested sha.
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by omogidi234(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
I am happy you heard the S.A to DG of CAC. Please go over the video again, he said they have dispensed with the use of lawyers, chartered accountant and chartered secretaries to ensure that SME owners can register companies cheap. He said the only portion they cannot dispense with is the portion where the ACT says that a lawyer must sign FORM CAC 4. He said what he would advise is that they should approach lawyers who can collect token and fill that form. It thus mean you cannot do this without a lawyer, no matter what. Even the CAC staff members that do PP has lawyers accreditation numbers they use in filing FORM CAC 4.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by kode12: 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
omogidi234:
I am happy you heard the S.A to DG of CAC. Please go over the video again, he said they have dispensed with the use of lawyers, chartered accountant and chartered secretaries to ensure that SME owners can register companies cheap. He said the only portion they cannot dispense with is the portion where the ACT says that a lawyer must sign FORM CAC 4. He said what he would advise is that they should approach lawyers who can collect token and fill that form. It thus mean you cannot do this without a lawyer, no matter what. Even the CAC staff members that do PP has lawyers accreditation numbers they use in filing FORM CAC 4.

I wish you all the best.
Yea I saw the part,the lawyers job is just in the periphery so I'm gonna give it a try,when it gets to the part where I need a lawyer's accreditation I'll get one.Can't pay 90k for something I can do for 45-50k.Thanks for your contribution
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by Sunnypar(m): 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
kode12:
Guys with experience please help out here,Im looking @ registering a new start up with the CAC but I dint want to use the lawyer I usually use and an official @ the CAC office told me it's possible if I know the process so guys help me out here.
Drop your contacts for further details.
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by solid3(m): 5:11am On Oct 08, 2015
I need to reg a new limited company too.
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by kode12: 6:34am On Oct 08, 2015
Sunnypar:

Drop your contacts for further details.
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by vpaymoney(m): 6:39am On Oct 08, 2015
One lawyer says he can't do it less than 100k. Dunno what's dia problem?
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by Omobolaji01: 6:54am On Oct 08, 2015
Be Your Own Boss Register Your Business Name, Limited Company, Church,Club.... With Corporate Affairs Commission Of Nigeria With Accredited Agents. Serious clients only, 07086513038. Mr Samuel.. We delivered your certificate @ ur Door Step!
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by MrMcJay(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2015
vpaymoney:
One lawyer says he can't do it less than 100k. Dunno what's dia problem?

Why don't you go to the CAC office closest to you and appeal to those guys making photocopies outsode. They may direct you to someone who would do it for a lesser amount.
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2015
kode12:

Yea I saw the part,the lawyers job is just in the periphery so I'm gonna give it a try,when it gets to the part where I need a lawyer's accreditation I'll get one.Can't pay 90k for something I can do for 45-50k.Thanks for your contribution

Send me a pm. I have a Limited Liability Company incorporated.
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by Jack188: 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
If you want to star a business and don't know how to do it, you should hire a lawyer anyway. Look for some renowned companies like https://linkagemind.com/practices/corporate-m-a/ in order to get some professional help. I started my business that way, and I recommend you to do it so too. Hope, this will help you wink
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by micgray100(m): 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
kode12:

There is more to it you dont know brother.... is not as if you cant do it yourself .. Yes you can.. but it might take you longer time like 2 months before you get the Certificate of Incorporation out.. those time comes with cost too cos any mistake in the process result to you starting all over again and paying for restamping...

To the issue of Lawyers, they are always part of the transaction.. cos your cac4 form will be signed by them and they collect a proffessional fee that is almost the same as if u gave them the job to do from start to finish...

Also, note that, not all lawyers are registered with CAC. i av seen lawyers fill form 4 for you, collect money and CAC later reject because they have not registered or they have been delisted.. you end up starting all over again...

hope the above helps..

well, I am a registered agent , check my trend below where i registered more than 10 Nairalanders with proof (testimony by them themselves)
https://www.nairaland.com/
Re: Registering An Limited Liability Company Without Lawyer. by ceepeeo(m): 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2018
Actually you can do with out a lawyer as the new reforms says that provided you are a first director or subscriber, when you submit your form directly you can have the CAC official( who is a lawyer) append their signature for a token fee ( authorization fee)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Biggest Problem You Are Facing Right Now? / I Want To Start A Car Dealership / Aero Contractors Flights From Warri To Lagos: A Corporate Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.