Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Lecturing Career:Hope For 3rd Class Graduates and those who wish to change field - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lecturing Career:Hope For 3rd Class Graduates and those who wish to change field (3515 Views)

Any Hope For An HND Holder In A Lecturing Career In A Polythecnic? / Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria / Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturing Career:Hope For 3rd Class Graduates and those who wish to change field by micronut(m): 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
I keep seeing these questions of "Can a 3rd class graduate purse a Lecturing career?". Why Not? Of course Yes! It's possible, you can still have your way if that is what you like. Lecturing is not the exclusive rights of the First class, 2.1's and 2.2's. People have had such grades as a 3rd class and have moved on to become a Lecturer and Great Researcher.
It takes a 9month or a year pgd programme to correct the defects.

I use to have a woman professor who had a 3rd class from UI biochemistry. And today, she had a PhD in Organic chemistry.

Another wrong misinformation is that you can not change a field and lectures in the new field.

I don't even know how people get their information that you can not switch fields and become a lecturer in such field. Only that such fields must be closely related. Have seen a Prof of Business Admin with accounting first degree.

Yes! My dean in postgraduate school had an Economics first degree and today, he is a dean of faculty of management comprising of Accounting, Marketing, finance, Business Admin and Personnel Management. Today, he is a professor of Marketing.

Dear 3rd Class Graduate, get your PGD, do your MSc, get a good PhD grade and you sail thru to a PhD class. A cousin had Third class from OAU Microbiology, she returned back, had her pgd in a year, obtained another form for Msc, finished it in a record time of 2yrs at same Great Ife. Today, she is a lecturers in a Private Uni with good salary and good car while running her PhD at the same OAU.

Determination is everything, you can always correct the mistake of the past. [sub][/sub]
Re: Lecturing Career:Hope For 3rd Class Graduates and those who wish to change field by micronut(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
Saw this comment on stella dimokus's blog. It reads;

Dear Stella,My family prayers are with you. Keep touching lives

...Straight to the point, I can relate with graduating with 3rd class and the pains attached, because I was there for few years too after graduation not knowing what to do with my 3rd class certificate in Engineering!

For the record, I did graduated with 3rd class majorly due to a power drunk HOD of Chemistry department then. She co-ordinates a course then (CHM 203, a 4 units course), my sin was to be in a wrong exam hall, where she supervised and caught a guy and she was injured while dragging with that guy. The guy later escaped, left our department later, but she decided to keep failing (us) me for 3 consecutive years for ‎no just reason. All people in that hall got "F" for 3 straight years. Many changed courses because of her, but I just don't see myself doing another course than my course then!

My department tried to intervened severally but She keep failing us ( almost half of my set)then until I dropped from been a strong 2:1 Candidate to a weak 2:2 Candidate and when she decided to pass me (us) in Final year with a "grin", I missed graduating as 2:2 with 0.04 GP point! I never had extra year, but the ripple effect of her actions was no mean fit at all. I have since forgiven her, but her name will be in my Biography one day. She may never know I exist! All Ogunlesis watch out!

So, on‎ graduation day, I wasn't fulfilled at all, rather I felt I had an unfinished business on that campus!After few years, I decided to return to the same department in the same school for my PDG and Masters and by His grace, I did graduated with 4.67 (Distinctions) in my M.sc level, from the ‎course I earlier got 3rd class! I even got a SGP OF 5.00 in one of my semesters. That alone has wiped away my tears, my heart ache and catapults me to greatness. I have since worked with Multinationals, Oil & Gas etc and I can say today I am a Success story!To all young graduate that graduated with 3rd Class and you are feeling that burn in, I say to you leave comfort zone now! And don’t let your grade define your life. ‎confide in your loved ones, don’t bear the burden alone, start doing something and retrace your step, you might find things interesting on your way too.
Re: Lecturing Career:Hope For 3rd Class Graduates and those who wish to change field by Niyeal(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
Very touching
Re: Lecturing Career:Hope For 3rd Class Graduates and those who wish to change field by mikaael(m): 6:34am On Oct 03, 2015
micronut:
Saw this comment on stella dimokus's blog. It reads;

Dear Stella,My family prayers are with you. Keep touching lives

...Straight to the point, I can relate with graduating with 3rd class and the pains attached, because I was there for few years too after graduation not knowing what to do with my 3rd class certificate in Engineering!

For the record, I did graduated with 3rd class majorly due to a power drunk HOD of Chemistry department then. She co-ordinates a course then (CHM 203, a 4 units course), my sin was to be in a wrong exam hall, where she supervised and caught a guy and she was injured while dragging with that guy. The guy later escaped, left our department later, but she decided to keep failing (us) me for 3 consecutive years for ‎no just reason. All people in that hall got "F" for 3 straight years. Many changed courses because of her, but I just don't see myself doing another course than my course then!

My department tried to intervened severally but She keep failing us ( almost half of my set)then until I dropped from been a strong 2:1 Candidate to a weak 2:2 Candidate and when she decided to pass me (us) in Final year with a "grin", I missed graduating as 2:2 with 0.04 GP point! I never had extra year, but the ripple effect of her actions was no mean fit at all. I have since forgiven her, but her name will be in my Biography one day. She may never know I exist! All Ogunlesis watch out!

So, on‎ graduation day, I wasn't fulfilled at all, rather I felt I had an unfinished business on that campus!After few years, I decided to return to the same department in the same school for my PDG and Masters and by His grace, I did graduated with 4.67 (Distinctions) in my M.sc level, from the ‎course I earlier got 3rd class! I even got a SGP OF 5.00 in one of my semesters. That alone has wiped away my tears, my heart ache and catapults me to greatness. I have since worked with Multinationals, Oil & Gas etc and I can say today I am a Success story!To all young graduate that graduated with 3rd Class and you are feeling that burn in, I say to you leave comfort zone now! And don’t let your grade define your life. ‎confide in your loved ones, don’t bear the burden alone, start doing something and retrace your step, you might find things interesting on your way too.

Pls can u gimme ur pin or u can add me so we can chat...amm presently in d same condition n am so confused on wat to do
Re: Lecturing Career:Hope For 3rd Class Graduates and those who wish to change field by micronut(m): 9:00am On Oct 03, 2015
mikaael:

Pls can u gimme ur pin or u can add me so we can chat...amm presently in d same condition n am so confused on wat to do
Oh! the last case i cited was an example of a man who was in that case or same shoe. Got that from a popular nija blog to let people know it's never the end. Well u can add me on 07063789912 (whatsapp), if there is anything to talk more about.
Re: Lecturing Career:Hope For 3rd Class Graduates and those who wish to change field by mikaael(m): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
micronut:
Oh! the last case i cited was an example of a man who was in that case or same shoe. Got that from a popular nija blog to let people know it's never the end. Well u can add me on 07063789912 (whatsapp), if there is anything to talk more about.

Aiit thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

P&g Reasoning Test / 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? / How Relevant Are The HSE And PMP Certifications?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.