Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,716 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? (3516 Views)

Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ahbaycity(m): 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2010
any hope for a 3rd class computer graduate to get a job in nigeria, even though he can match up with the best in the field.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by Ameena(f): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2010
Hardly any hope! Just start ur own small business.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by jice(m): 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2010
Do a PGD.

it sometimes help
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by jice(m): 3:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
Do a PGD.

it sometimes help

Another way out is Certifications(especially international certifications)
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by shikadance(m): 7:13am On Feb 07, 2010
I hate 2 disappoint u but ders no hope. Its d same in other parts of d world even the u.s. Start a business.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by timely: 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2010
there is hope. it is not particularly hopeless.

certification can help your brand but you got to prove you are better than some 1st class.

if you start you own business, you can express your worth.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by styles2009: 3:13am On Feb 12, 2010
Do some certification and don't think your 3rd class is a limitation, you could become one of the world's best Software developer in the world.

Packaging is the key to success,those certificate is just a proof that you were in that school.
Styles
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by martinosi: 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
shikadance:

I hate 2 disappoint u but ders no hope. Its d same in other parts of d world even the u.s. Start a business.

There is Hope, as long as you have a degree you can make
something of yourself!!!

KEEP UR HEAD UP! grin
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ubiaru(f): 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2010
Dont mind them.There is plenty hope.I have friends who have 3rd class that are working in big complanies,i even have one that i helped get into MTNN with 3rd class.Most firsr class havent gotten jobs where as some second class do.Its God and you been very well positioned.
Though,those cerifications are still necessary.we all need them.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ahbaycity(m): 12:38am On Feb 18, 2010
thanks for your words ubiaru, but please can u help me out with this, as in getting a job, though i dont have any certification now but i believe and know am much better than some people with 1st class and i have a higher IQ, a very powerful INSTINCT. i will really appreciate your help.
Thank you once again
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ubiaru(f): 9:24am On Feb 18, 2010
You are welcome.I dont have any job or someone i know i could take to but believe in God and accept any job you get mo matter the amount involved.i resigned from MTNN and recommended my friend with a third class,no experience to my boss and she is workingthere and doing wellnow.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
ubiaru:

You are welcome.I dont have any job or someone i know i could take to but believe in God and accept any job you get mo matter the amount involved.i resigned from MTNN and recommended my friend with a third class,no experience to my boss and she is workingthere and doing wellnow.

Shut the fu/ck up liar. Na which MTN be that? Na so your boss get power to employ? Just like that? Do u know the process of recruitment in big organizations?
Men with 2.1 and yrs of experience still dont get employment in MTN. Even if u dey fu/ck the boss, he still doesn't have the power to just employ whom he likes.
Anyway, u said MTNN, maybe its the name of a local one man biz in the East  grin
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ubiaru(f): 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
Garri or whatever you call yourself.I say shut up too.And stop being jeolous.Only fools like you dont grow.
Do you know who i am or what i do with or for MTNN.
Fool.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2010
Heheheh, Ubiaru the MTNN thief chief. I'm not quarelling, only saying your story is false. You're not a big shot at MTN, never have and probably never will. No doubt they is hope for a 3rd class graduate but u dont have to formulate a story to prove this.

How can u just 'recommend' a friend to your boss, 3rd class and no experience and he will employ her to replace u. Na family business?
Even if u're sleeping-with him it still won't work. I work in a multinational and know how they recruit their staff. You must go through HR screening, interviews etc.
How can he take a 3rd class with no experience to take over your duties, except maybe u were a messanger or a cleaner that needs no experience or qualifications.

U resigned from MTN and u write this as your signature : hi members.i am new and i will like 2 be informed abt all the vanacies. A top shot in MTN resigned and came to nairaland to look for vacancies,a top shot cannot even spell vacancies properly.  shocked grin

Even contract staff still have to go through rigorous processes to get a permanent position in MTN. So shut the F/up and admit u goofed.  grin
Prove us wrong and help the poster get a job in MTN too. madam big shot liar.  grin tongue
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by chidyke77(m): 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2010
Abeg take it easy on her.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ubiaru(f): 8:54am On Feb 22, 2010
Its only fools that think the way you do and if i keep up this chat with you,i will be called a fool like you.
As for the signature you are talking about,if you had a head,you could have seen that it was in 2006 when i joined nairaland that i made that comment and mind you,nobody,i repeat nobody is above mistakes.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by tundebabs1(m): 11:19am On Feb 23, 2010
I would bluntly tell you that in this present Nigeria, there is nothing impossible irrespective of your grade.
in as much you are well connected, your 3rd class grade is not a limitation.
Certifications also goes a long way to boost your opportunity.
Employing graduates with 1st class, 2.1 does not make the employee a good material
because there are many 1st class, 2.1 materials out there that are empty upstairs,
i refer to them as adulterated 1st class, 2.1 material.
3rd class graduate might be a victim of circumstances while in school.
so check yourself, work on yourself, believe in yourself and don't let anyone discourage you that you av no hope.
cheers.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ubiaru(f): 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2010
Thanks Tunde babs.

Even those with pass need encouragement.3rd class is not a limitation.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by lamideojo(f): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2010
Hi Guys,

A furniture company based in LEKKI Lagos requires competent ,result oriented and experienced MARKETING EXECUTIVES.

Requirements.
*HND
*A good University degree will be an added advantage.

* At least 4 years experience in the industry/building and construction industry.
* Must be computer literate and have good communication skills.

*Must exhibit quality leadership skills and be a team player.
*Should have a passion for Marketing & Business Development.

* Must have extensive network of business connections.

*Age between 25 - 35 years.

REMUNERATION: Competitive and Attractive but based on Qualification and relevant experience.

Qualified and interested candidates should send their detailed curriculum vitae stating personal contact details (not P.O.Box) and phone numbers to: loldebs@yahoo.com or call 07052208623
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by Jcob(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2010
It depends on your ability and what your employer wants. I have a friend that dropped out in his finals, went for professional certs in I.T. He presently earns over 200k monthly. It's all about U.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by gugus1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2010
I believe in certification and repackaging urself, i am a third classer as well, but with a lot of certification in AUTOCAD 2D $ 3D,Safety courses , CCNA etc its so much money to spend in all these. but people can't help but consider you .did i mention i studied mechanical Enginnering.
Take up some certificate course related to ur course, i see PGD as a waste b/cos of time and money.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by sushiluv(f): 11:41am On Mar 02, 2010
HI LANDERS,
        EHMMM WERE DO I START?I HAVE A 3RD CLASS AND LIFE HAS NOT BEEN ROSEY I MUST SAY,LIKE PEOPLE KEPT TELLING ME U CAN STILL DO IT WELL AFTER SCHOOL I WANTED TO FURTHER MY STUDIES BECAUSE I HATED THE COURSE I READ BUT MY DAD ASKED ME TO GO GET MARRIED WHICH I WASNT READY BECAUSE I CANT IMAGINE WAITING FOR A MAN FOR EVERY PENNY!I WENT TO AN AVAIATION SCHOOL BUT DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH TO FINANCE THE IATA CERTIFICATE,SO I DID A DIPLOMA AND TRIED WORKING FOR A YEAR THE PAY WASNT GOOD AT ALL BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE TO CUT THE LONG STORY SHORT IM STILL JOBLESS STILL HOPE FOR A MIRACLE,SOME1 THAT OFFERED ME A JOB AFTER WE CONCLUDED WHIC D OFFER WAS GOOD ATLEAST WITH ACCOMMODATION HE DEN SAID  "I HOPE U KNOW U ARE A SWEET GIRL?"  [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]THOSE THAT ADVICED CERTIFICATIONS OR PGD WAT IF U DONT HAVE THE FINANCE?START UR OWN BUSINESS ITS STILL FINANCE SO PLEASE WAT WOULD U ADVICE ME?
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by gbenga007(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2010
NOthing is impossible. just be at the right place at the right time with the right people.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ubiaru(f): 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2010
Thats just it.Thanks
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2010
@ all

I would like to know the professional certification(s) that someone who read Secretarial Studies can get in order to forge ahead academically.

Thank you.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ellagold(m): 2:21am On Mar 05, 2010
There are several opportunities you can tap into but first you need to sit down , set Specific ,Measurable ,Achievable ,

Timely Goals in your area of interest. Then do something daily in that direction .I advise you to read " Think and Grow

Rich By Napoleon Hills.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ziyaun: 4:04am On May 24, 2010
Gaggi:

Heheheh, Ubiaru the MTNN thief chief. I'm not quarelling, only saying your story is false. You're not a big shot at MTN, never have and probably never will. No doubt they is hope for a 3rd class graduate but u dont have to formulate a story to prove this.

How can u just 'recommend' a friend to your boss, 3rd class and no experience and he will employ her to replace u. Na family business?
Even if u're sleeping-with him it still won't work. I work in a multinational and know how they recruit their staff. You must go through HR screening, interviews etc.
How can he take a 3rd class with no experience to take over your duties, except maybe u were a messanger or a cleaner that needs no experience or qualifications.

U resigned from MTN and u write this as your signature : hi members.i am new and i will like 2 be informed abt all the vanacies. A top shot in MTN resigned and came to nairaland to look for vacancies,a top shot cannot even spell vacancies properly.  shocked grin

Even contract staff still have to go through rigorous processes to get a permanent position in MTN. So shut the F/up and admit u goofed.  grin
Prove us wrong and help the poster get a job in MTN too. madam big shot liar.  grin tongue

"hi members.i am new and i will like 2 be informed abt all the vanacies"
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa,,,,una no go kill person inside dis nairaland o,,,damn,dis na straight up comedy club
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by dammywale(m): 10:56am On May 26, 2010
The only hope you have is in God, i am a living witness
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by b2oohh: 10:32am On May 28, 2010
Hope is relative,Future-of course yes.My candid advice for you is to get some certifications ( not all of them are expensive but if you want to make yourself employ-able it is a neccessity!!!)
As a HR Professional, i have come across a lot of first-class,2.1 candidates that cannot hold their own. An example- i once asked a 2.1 candidate at an interview to name a Sociological theory and how it can be applied to group/team dynamics and he just kept stuttering,and this is a Sociology graduate!!! Jeez you wonder how he got past his year 2 or 3 in school.
It has been proven times without number and i stand to be corrected by any proven practising HR professional that certificates only will get you the job. I run all my candidates through a few tests and i must say the higher grades are not synonymous  with sucess at interviews and work output.
But 1 thing i can implore you to do is get  the relevant certification and professional membership and pray that you will be in the right place at the right time.

Good luck for the future-remember he who is down needs not fear any fall cos what have you got to loose-NUTTING!!!
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by kabarka(m): 10:52pm On May 29, 2010
In as much as nothing is impossible.PGD,CERTIFICATION AND INTERNATIONAL AFFILIATION that's if you are clinging to the job of a thing as if your life depend on it.

At worst you can move on with your life,do some other thing go for freedom.Start or buy a company.Be free!! You can do it.
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by victor28: 8:09am On May 30, 2010
i beleive in packaging, if you pakage urself very well and have something upstairs. No company will reject an asset
Re: 3rd Class Graduate,any Hope For Them In The Present Naija? by ayo84(m): 10:45am On May 30, 2010
let me quote bill gates:
I failed in some exams, but my friend passed in all.Now he is an Engineer @ Microsoft & I'm d owner of Microsoft" ~Bill Gates

so it doesnt matter wheither you be first class ,3rd class or even 5th class,even if you are a drop out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join Institute Of Customer Relationship Management Today ! / How Relevant Are The HSE And PMP Certifications? / A University Degree Without A Career Path.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.