Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! (6488 Views)

Slaughtered Goats Are Washed In Water Containing Faeces In Oke-Ira, Lagos. PICS / Malaysia Restaurant Shut Down For Washing Plates In Pothole On The Street (Pic) / Fruit Seller Washing Fruit With Gutter Water (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 03, 2015
Everyone loves Bitter Leaf wink, albeit the well washed ones, but then the process of actually making it eatable is arduous and most would run away from it. I decided to find out easier ways to wash it and I came across some talk about using a washing machine online.

So I got plenty of leaves and had it poured in the machine and did all the settings and I did three rounds of washing!

The following were my findings;
1. The water turned green (duh...)
2. The leaves were shredded into tiny pieces resembling actual mincing with knife
3. The leaf stalk was preserved (terribly annoying)
4. The leaf integrity was preserved, it still felt fresh to the touch (as if nothing had happened)
5. IT WAS STILL BITTER!
6. The machine was clogged with leaves everywhere

My experiment led to about two hours of work trying to get the remnants of the leaves out of the machine (my mom would surely have killed me!!!)

My advice
The good old way is still the best....Wash with your hand

2 Likes

Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by eme1n(m): 7:32am On Oct 03, 2015
Okponku..

7 Likes

Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by laplace12(m): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2015
grin grin
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 03, 2015
really.
That Technology can't work in Nigeria.
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2015
gbemtrol:
Everyone loves Bitter Leaf wink, albeit the well washed ones, but then the process of actually making it eatable is arduous and most would run away from it. I decided to find out easier ways to wash it and I came across some talk about using a washing machine online.

So I got plenty of leaves and had it poured in the machine and did all the settings and I did three rounds of washing!

2. The leaves were shredded into tiny pieces resembling actual mincing with knife
4. The leaf integrity was preserved, it still felt fresh to the touch (as if nothing had happened)
5. IT WAS STILL BITTER!

My experiment led to about two hours of work trying to get the remnants of the leaves out of the machine (my mom would surely have killed me!!!)

My advice

Jobless kid

Opkonu grin

1 Like

Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Behira(f): 8:04am On Oct 03, 2015
Not too bad to spice up my day
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by okirewaju(f): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2015
You don't say

Lol

Sound like you had a lot of time in your hands.
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by whirlwind7(m): 8:23am On Oct 03, 2015
Huh. That was such a crazy thing to do.

But, I'm relieved it didn't come out nice. I wouldn't like to think that it's possible my next meal of bitterleaf could have been prepared in a washing machine.
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by prettyjo(f): 9:07am On Oct 03, 2015
lolzzz
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by destino24(m): 9:36am On Oct 03, 2015
Op, change that "my advice" to "recommendation/conclusion". That way, it gets to look like an actual thesis report.
grin
Really funny

2 Likes

Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by dannydaniels(m): 10:36am On Oct 03, 2015
funny
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by tjskii(f): 10:51am On Oct 03, 2015
Meen na wa o, what were u even thinking, washing machine bawo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin, ure funny oo grin

1 Like

Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by OSHUKUNUOGBO(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2015
cool experiment.... grin

1 Like

Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Unibentested(m): 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
Isi aki..
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by tpiander: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
1. The water turned green
3. The leaf stalk was preserved
5. IT WAS STILL BITTER!

nos 1 to 5 are expected and on point, no 6 was because the leaves were not put in an applicable bag before the washing, imo.

in addition, never heard of putting bitter leaf in a washing machine.
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by cynhamscakes(f): 8:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
Lmao. Op you are joking right?
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by dazz661(f): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
Gbemtrol, you need Jesus...... grin
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
eme1n:
Okponku..
Dream Killer!
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
victorels:
really.
That Technology can't work in Nigeria.
My brother, nothing is impossible
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2015
bulldoza:
Jobless kid
Opkonu grin
Child Abuser!
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
okirewaju:
You don't say

Lol

Sound like you had a lot of time in your hands.

Not really, it felt like a mission needing accomplishment (I wonder what that means!)
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
whirlwind7:
Huh. That was such a crazy thing to do.

But, I'm relieved it didn't come out nice. I wouldn't like to think that it's possible my next meal of bitterleaf could have been prepared in a washing machine.

If I had done two more rounds, the result probably would have turned out great. I had to rush everything.

Your next meal of bitterleaf might just be a washing-machine-based-technology
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
tpiander:

nos 1 to 5 are expected and on point, no 6 was because the leaves were not put in an applicable bag before the washing, imo.

in addition, never heard of putting bitter leaf in a washing machine.

I loved the fresh touch feeling it had, you should have seen it!
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
cynhamscakes:
Lmao. Op you are joking right?

Nope.
I forgot to take pictures
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
dazz661:

Dazz661, Abionadong! grin
dazz661:

Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 04, 2015
Didi rin
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2015
frodow:
Didi rin
Douche bag
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Shawarmaplus(m): 10:19am On Oct 05, 2015
gbemtrol:

5. IT WAS STILL BITTER!

My advice

Very funny...

***U may need us. Check our profile for details***
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Pamelayoung: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2015
Funny op. Buh dats gud keep it up am sure oneday u will come up with a better idea. Thats research.
Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by rane06(f): 10:56am On Oct 07, 2015
very funny

1 Like

Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin can't blame you though, I once washed bitterleaf with soap, it was not foaming fast enough for me so I added liquid soap grin grin
The slap I received that day from my Mother ehn??!! cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: So I Washed Bitter Leaf With A Washing Machine; The Result Was Bewildering! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
Pamelayoung:
Funny op. Buh dats gud keep it up am sure oneday u will come up with a better idea. Thats research.

Yeah, one day probably

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indomie, O Noodles, Mimi Noodles,chiki, Sum Yun(which Is Your Best?) / Total Life Changes Products? 08034308587 / 10 Winners Have Emerged In The Just Concluded #mykerrygoldmilkrecipe02 Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.