Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Fish Lovers Come On In! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fish Lovers Come On In! (28652 Views)

Beans Lovers Come In / Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! / Yogurt Fans Come On In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by OgidiBoy(m): 12:40am On Apr 24, 2009
$osisi:

That flat,slimy and bony piece of rubbish
make sure you have someone certified in heimleich manouver when you eat that thing.
one of the bones could lodge in your trachea ad you'll end up at the pearly gates with a plate of food grin

That's what you get for being so cheap, have them skin and fillet it at the fish market before you bring it home. But I'm sure you this Igbo woman won't pay the little extra. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by TOYOSI20(f): 1:39am On Apr 24, 2009
Fish pepper soup gurl here !!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by sosisi(f): 4:27am On Apr 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

That's what you get for being so cheap, have them skin and fillet it at the fish market before you bring it home. But I'm sure you this Igbo woman won't pay the little extra. angry angry

ROFL
why should I ?
I don already pay for the fish,why should I pay to have it cut up and de-boned,whan I have a set of $1,000 cutco knives at home wink
Did I come to America to enrich Americans ?

grin
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:47am On Apr 24, 2009
The only thing that I eat in the water is fish.
No crabs
No snails
No shrimps
No muscles
No lobster
No octopus
No squid
Actually I do eat FROGS cheesy I guess that counts cheesy
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by Freshfish: 6:22am On Apr 24, 2009
I can sell my car for a fish suya!!!!!!

By the way my company sells roasted , grilled, fresh cat fish and does home delivery ( for 20 pieces and above). call 01-8985370 for you orders. cool

I'll credit the account of this thread owner for the advert grin
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by Sunny659(m): 6:37am On Apr 24, 2009
There is a very tasty fresh water fish i ate in the north, they call it giwon rua i think. I believe it is also available in abeokuta. Anyone in the house know anything about it and where it is available in Lagos??
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by teissys(f): 7:37am On Apr 24, 2009
~Whats so delicious about Fish Head ?? ~Much as i love Fish,the one part of fish i dont eat is the Head!! Never eaten/tasted it & dont think i will either . . . But People who do eat it swear its the best part of the Fish!! Shocked

Lol, mohawkchic; The headers and footers of a fish are both tasty. However, I only eat a head that I cleaned myself coz I trust my cleaning. Believe me you should try it baibe!!! cool
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by royalicon(m): 8:18am On Apr 24, 2009
I love fish also, but can't cook in varieties like Hauwa, As a Bacheclor, I do go to market and get a big Cat-fish cook with enough pepper, men its nice being in kitched doing the stuff.
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:01am On Apr 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Do you have to be so racist now?
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by krama(m): 9:37am On Apr 24, 2009
Fish is it!
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:56am On Apr 24, 2009
Yeah, fish is the best form of protein so far. I love fish!
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by benheart(f): 10:34am On Apr 24, 2009
I love Roasted Tilapia garnished with Lime,ginger,peper, onions Eating with Potatoe chips. its really delicious tongue cool

1 Like

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by kemisuga(f): 10:48am On Apr 24, 2009
Am a Fish (pieces) grin So do I love to eat fishes. I cant resist fried tilapia, crocker fish cool cool
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 24, 2009
the title of this should be FISH HATERS or Lovers of fish-eating!!!, i thought i was going to read stuff about Gold fish keeping, Angel fish Guramo, etc, If a whale is wahed up ashore in yankee, people come on the beach and push it back into the ocean, in Lagos, they come with their knives and pieces that fish, whale alive, as happened some years ago, they wont say it is a wintch Oh!!!
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by AmakaOne(f): 11:53am On Apr 24, 2009
fish is awesome, so many different ways to prepare it. yummy!!

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by OLADO(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2009
Huuuum FISH. I love eating fish. Expecially Smoked Fish GBEDE in yoruba, very yummmy. Also try catfish EJA OLOPAin Yoruba simply Delicious. grin
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by OLADO(m): 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2009
Huuuum FISH. I love eating fish. Expecially Smoked Fish GBEDE in yoruba, very yummmy. Also try catfish EJA OLOPAin Yoruba simply Delicious. grin

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by donsteady(m): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2009
i can go any distance to eat rice and octopus source
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by AmakaOne(f): 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2009
no squid?

No Calamari?

yummy!!!

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by AmakaOne(f): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2009
Smoked catfish in Soup nko?

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by teissys(f): 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2009
Lol, Amaka
I hate that type of fish with passion. . .
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by AmakaOne(f): 12:52pm On Apr 24, 2009
teissys:

Lol, Amaka
I hate that type of fish with passion. . .

lol @ teissys

Pan fried salmon nko?

Plenty of Omega 3 healthy tasty food

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by AmakaOne(f): 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2009
or how about some fish stew with Grilled Shrimp, Squid, Salmon head, Mussels, Veggies and a dash of Paprika and a nice crostini to mop up the juices ,

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by Iranoladun(f): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2009
I am a fish-eater! I love fish!!!!

Catfish
Croaker
Cod
Mackerel (called Titus or Alaran in Naija west)
Snappers
Baracuda
Salmon etc
I also eat
Shrimps
Lobsters
crabs
periwinkles
squid
calamari
octopus
eel
even frogs (but roasted or fried ones please)

Give me fish roasted, grilled, boiled, stewed, fried anytime and I'm game!

I also do not cut off the head of the fish but remove all the fins. Anyone who likes cat fish knows that the head is the best part especially if cooked-peppersoup style! (although I prefer to have it clean myself)

Can anyone give me the recipe of okro soup (ila asepo) with crabs/shrimps and fish? Amakaone can you help?
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by AmakaOne(f): 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2009
Iranoladun:

Can anyone give me the recipe of okro soup (ila asepo) with crabs/shrimps and fish? Amakaone can you help?

Okra soup (no palm oil) with Shrimps, Stockfish &Dry fish
Okra (chopped)
Spinach
Stockfish bits (or Stockfish)
Dry Fish
Red crayfish
Large Shrimps/Prawns
Knorr
Kaun
pepper
Salt

Pre-soak the stock fish to soften (quicker to cook if you use stock fish bits)

start by cooking the stockfish with small quantity of water and seasoning (knorr, pepper, salt) and onions to taste.

optional; kaun (this can both soften the stock if very dry and also helps the okra to draw)

When stockfish is halfway cooked, add dryfish  and allow to simmer, taste for seasoning , add if required. Also add crayfish , allow to simmer for another 5-10 (before stockfish and dryfish is fully cooked)

Add already chopped okra , cook for 5-10 minutes.

Then add shrimp and spinach and allow to cook for another 3-5 so spinach and shrimp are not overcooked.

Tip: Gradually add water while cooking in accordance to your preferred consistency/thickness.

1 Like

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by ifyalways(f): 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2009
lol
i eat almost everything that comes from water.
Fish,shrimps,crabs,lobster,Octopus and i just recently ate crocodile shocked
i eat all types of fish. . . dried,fresh,smoked,roasted,anyhow,as long as its a fish.
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by Riskie(f): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2009
I LOVE fish! I used to hate it when I was a kid but now I eat mostly fish and barely anything else. Cod, sherry and pangasius are the best. I had fried sherry for dinner and got a bone stuck in my gum and it won't come out but it was well worth it grin
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by Remii(m): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2009
I love anything from water, Fish especially Mackarel aka Oku Eko, Tejumalejo, Afinju eja tii lo goggle, shrimps, baby octopus, oysters - I read somewhere that it's a good aphrodisiac, no confirmation oh. But have to slow down on shrimps and lobster because of very high cholesterol contents.
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by mohawkchic(f): 3:42am On Apr 25, 2009
teissys:

Lol, mohawkchic; The headers and footers of a fish are both tasty. However, I only eat a head that I cleaned myself coz I trust my cleaning. Believe me you should try it baibe!!!

~So i've heard,but i'll give it a Miss! cheesy

~Makes sense to clean the fish head yourself if you're going to indulge grin I'd like to think The off putting bit why i've never indulged in Fish Head could be cleaning the Gill in the head,The Eyes of the Fish ~ sad . . . I take the eyes out cheesy

Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by sosisi(f): 3:56am On Apr 25, 2009
@ olado,

see how pretty those fish you posted look
How could anyone want to eat them?
see their faces.
It's almost like they're saying "but,I love you"
but what do you do?
you chop off their heads and  scrape off their scales and throw them into a deep frying pan with hot,scalding vegetable oil
that's mean cry cry cry
how could you be so heartless
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by teissys(f): 8:04am On Apr 25, 2009
$osisi:

@ olado,

see how pretty those fish you posted look
How could anyone want to eat them?
see their faces.
It's almost like they're saying "but,I love you"
but what do you do?
you chop off their heads and  scrape off their scales and throw them into a deep frying pan with hot,scalding vegetable oil
that's mean cry cry cry
how could you be so heartless

grin grin grin
Lolest
Re: Fish Lovers Come On In! by crescent(f): 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2009
yummy yummy , fish oh! three times a day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Safety Rules In The Kitchen / Group Spotted Eating Frogs At Home / N300 Food I Bought This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.