Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Osinbanjo And Failed Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbanjo And Failed Promises (787 Views)

Osinbanjo And Okowa Visit Focados Oil Terminal / Buhari’s Many Failed Promises - Vangaurd / Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbanjo And Failed Promises by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
Culled from Vanguard--

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) will lead the military to the North-East to fight the Boko Haram insurgents if voted into power on February 14, his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), said on Monday.

Yet the general sat home and sent delegates to blast site. So exemplary of a great general angry

Osinbajo expressed concern over deepening insecurity in the country and accused President Goodluck Jonathan of reneging on his promise to protect Nigerians

First we were promised 2 Weeks, then 3 months, and now december which could as well be december of 2019 grin grin. Is it safe to say that Buhari had reneged on his promise to protect us too. We have lost close to 4000 lives in just 4 months and we have 42 more to go. Is this not the height of incompetence and the same cluelessness Jonathan was accused of?

Fielding questions from a group of youths at a town hall meeting in Abuja, the APC vice presidential candidate said Buhari as President and Commander-In-Chief would lead by example.

The town hall meeting held under the aegis of Act Now Professionals.

Osinbajo told the gathering how the Buhari-led government would end insurgency in the country, especially in the North-East states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.

He also explained how the APC-led government would rescue the over 200 female students of Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, seized since April 14 2014; equip the military and give the country a sense of protection.

I make bold to say Buhari has long failed on this promise. Ever since he said he was clueless of these girls location and their status. He didn't even tell the international community how far he has gone to release these infamous 200 , if they ever existed that is, he didnt even mention them. He just went on ranting about HIV, advising zero audience on how to tackle ISIS and a whole lot of inconsequential topics that are foreign to us

Osinbajo said, “The first priority is security and to question what has gone wrong in the military. Then, funding the military adequately and ensuring that the Commander-In-Chief leads from the front. But when he was Commander-In-Chief, Buhari led from the front as a soldier. You cannot lead from the rear. You cannot fail to go to where the insurgency is taking place and that is what Buhari has been saying.

“I think that the major problem with the question of security is again that it was not prioritised by this government. It was not taken seriously enough from the beginning. When you have a situation, you do not politicise the insurgency like that. You do not point to the opposition and say it is the opposition that is sponsoring it until General Buhari almost lost his life when Boko Haram attacked him.

“We must start by understanding that there is a war going on in that part of the country and what the government need to do is to get the nation behind it, not pointing accusing fingers at wrong places.

It's a shame that in less than 4 Months, this is the path his government has towed. Instead of facing the fight in the north, they turn back south to castigate our former president who sent BH packing in just 6 Weeks, blaming and pointing accusing fingers at wrong places.

“We need to look at the whole question of funding and equipping the military. The military at the moment is not equipped. I worked with Femi Falana on the mutiny of some solders and what is the complaint of those soldiers who were charged with mutiny? Their complaint is that they were not given equipment and they wanted them to go to battle. So, how do you say that? How does anybody think that you can fight the insurgents without ammunitions?”

The APC vice presidential candidate said that there would be no hiding place for perpetrators of graft as the country’s laws that forbid looting of public treasury would be activated.

According to him, the APC will run a transparent government where public officials would be accountable to the people.

Osinbajo said creation of jobs for the country’s youths remained on top of the agenda of the APC if elected into office.

“Jobs and creation of employment opportunities have been major issues in the manifesto of the APC,” he told the audience.

He re-echoed the party’s earlier promise that the Buhari-led government would place jobless and poor Nigerians on monthly stipends of N5,000 and N7,000 respectively.

This is the biggest scam that most APC followers are hanging on to grin grin I can't stop laughing at the gullibility of Nigerians. grin grin 5000 for how many 100 of millions? grin grin grin how will fg finance their projects? In the face of this dwindling oil prices. No wonder Buhari joked that he can stabilize oil prices grin

[/quote]

“The idea is to take 2.5 million people out of poverty every year. We will give free healthcare to children. We will follow the example of Osun State where such has been done [size=15pt] successfully [/size] ,” he said.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin

APC, a party built on lies and propaganda will surely be blown off like that man who built his house upon sand and then came the wind and rain to wash it away

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-ll-lead-military-to-fight-bharam-osinbajo/

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo And Failed Promises by SeverusSnape(m): 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
"Jonathan and PDP are the reasons why we can't fulfil our campaign promises" - APC, lie mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo And Failed Promises by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2015
We know. What do you expect from party with Lie Mohammed as spokesperson.

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo And Failed Promises by Adadio: 6:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
Let's exercise caution and wait for the goodies to start coming.Rome was not built in a day.Our case will not be like that of Nero who fiddled whilel Rome was burning.
Re: Osinbanjo And Failed Promises by Jorussia(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
OldJohn:
Culled from Vanguard--

Yet the general sat home and sent delegates to blast site. So exemplary of a great general angry

First we were promised 2 Weeks, then 3 months, and now december which could as well be december of 2019 grin grin. Is it safe to say that Buhari had reneged on his promise to protect us too. We have lost close to 4000 lives in just 4 months and we have 42 more to go. Is this not the height of incompetence and the same cluelessness Jonathan was accused of?

I make bold to say Buhari has long failed on this promise. Ever since he said he was clueless of these girls location and their status. He didn't even tell the international community how far he has gone to release these infamous 200 , if they ever existed that is, he didnt even mention them. He just went on ranting about HIV, advising zero audience on how to tackle ISIS and a whole lot of inconsequential topics that are foreign to us

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin

APC, a party built on lies and propaganda will surely be blown off like that man who built his house upon sand and then came the wind and rain to wash it away

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-ll-lead-military-to-fight-bharam-osinbajo/
Lol,so this is how PDP wants to play opposition, by paying disgruntled and jobless youth to take to naira land to be spreading falsehoods?op in the world of the foolish you reside in,the tenure of a president in Nigeria is four months?pmb promised to defeat BH by December,are we in December already? I thought your boss(GEJ) totally defeated BH during the six weeks postponement of last election as claimed by you guys?
Re: Osinbanjo And Failed Promises by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
This one is gone beyond remedy

A typical Psycho Fan « APC Psycophant » Sycophantic Psycho

[img]http://www.freedomafric.com/resources/apc-sycophantic-psycho/213[/img]

1 Like

Re: Osinbanjo And Failed Promises by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
Jorussia:
Lol,so this is how PDP wants to play opposition, by paying disgruntled and jobless youth to take to naira land to be spreading falsehoods?op in the world of the foolish you reside in,the tenure of a president in Nigeria is four months?pmb promised to defeat BH by December,are we in December already? I thought your boss(GEJ) totally defeated BH during the six weeks postponement of last election as claimed by you guys?

Of course he defeated them and set up road blocks to prevent their influx into the main cities. Yet our general disbanded all check points and what do we have? Major blasts in the capital and spread of terrorism. At a kill rate of about 1000/month by boko haram, Buhari will be setting a record after four years.

Is this how you suggest Nigerians should wait and drown in their pool of blood and tears till December?

I doubt you are a true patriot of this country. You are just basking in the euphoria of having your choice of the presidency in power regardless of whether he is performing or not. What about the other points I raised? Why did u silently evade them just to insult me and my intelligence?

As a proud wailer, my job is to alert people and keep the government on their feet while your job is to wallow in hate and manipulation.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Osinbanjo And Failed Promises by Jorussia(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
OldJohn:

Of course he defeated them and set up road blocks to prevent their influx into the main cities. Yet our general disbanded all check points and what do we have? Major blasts in the capital and spread of terrorism. At a kill rate of about 1000/month by boko haram, Buhari will be setting a record after four years.

Is this how you suggest Nigerians should wait and drown in their pool of blood and tears till December?

I doubt you are a true patriot of this country. You are just basking in the euphoria of having your choice of the presidency in power regardless of whether he is performing or not. What about the other points I raised? Why did u silently evade them just to insult me and my intelligence?

As a proud wailer, my job is to alert people and keep the government on their feet while your job is to wallow in hate and manipulation.

God bless Nigeria
GEJ defeated BH according to you, who then bombed Abuja yesterday?
Re: Osinbanjo And Failed Promises by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
Jorussia:
GEJ defeated BH according to you, who then bombed Abuja yesterday?

Boko haram of course dummy. Did you read the part where I wrote that the road blocks removed in the north caused their influx back to the cities? He rooted them out of their hiding places and drastically reduced their movements.

A new general came, released prisoners he knows nothing about and removed those road blocks.

Now we back to square 1. average of 1000 deaths/month

Again you have skillfully evaded my other points

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards / APC Has Exhausted Its Basket Of Lies, Propaganda — Wike / Photos:Gov Amode Pays Condolence Visit To The Family Of Murdered Lekki Free Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.