Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read (1034 Views)

Boko Haram Terrorist 'Pepper' Arrested By Soldiers. Photos / 'It Is Over For Magu, Buhari Can Not Send His Name To Senate Again': Dino Melaye / Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by warrior01: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2015
Ever since the inauguration of the administration, the activities of the dreaded set boko haram have intensified with thousands of helpless and hungry Nigerians killed with a deafening silence from the APC controlled media outfits. The present administration has proven to be utterly clueless on how to fight the boko haram menace and is presently plunged the economy into a comatose state with no known blue prints on how to solve the problem. In solving the boko haram debacle, we have a track record which has worked for us before and which can be employed again to win this war. First of all, the North East and North Central should be fully blockaded as was done in the Nigeria- Biafra war. Then the Asaba treatment should be carried out on males and females since they are all potential terrorists and in the words of the Nigeria civil war hero, Benjamin Adekunle, " I do not want to see the Red Cross, Caritas Aid, World Church delegation, Pope, Missionary, or UN delegation'. When these heroic tasks are achieved, the president should then declare the war over with a 'No Victor, No Vanqished' declaration. Thereafter, anyone that survives the onslaught by the gallant Nigerian soldiers should have their accounts and properties declared abandoned and confisticated. The sum of #2000 should then be paid for the any seized or 'abandoned' property. Full reconstruction should commence immediately in the Eastern and South Southern parts of the country due to the effects of the war. We did it in Nigeria before, we can do it again after all, all is fair in war according to the late sage Obafem Awolowo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by warrior01: 7:20am On Oct 04, 2015
What do you guys think or do you have a better solution? State it here as all hands must be on deck to defeat the terrorists
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 04, 2015
You are sick

Nigeria Government through its security forces have significantly depleted and degrade BHT capabilities both military and manpower. what we are experiencing is an upsurge in the use of cells train and deployed in our town. Relevent intelligence agencies have been carrying out black ops that will never be reported in dailies using tactical teams to hunt and stop cells. Government is upgrading human and technological intelligence assets capabilities to close flanks and stop soft target attack
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by SonOfTheLion(m): 7:25am On Oct 04, 2015
Ok
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by warrior01: 7:25am On Oct 04, 2015
IbnSultaan:
You are sick

I just proffered a solution, what's yours? No need of name calling as we have done it before and it worked and you equally hailed it. To defeat boko haram is a task that must be damn

Nigeria Government through its security forces have
significantly depleted and degrade BHT capabilities
both military and manpower.
what we are experiencing is an upsurge in the use
of cells train and deployed in our town.
Relevent intelligence agencies have been carrying
out black ops that will never be reported in dailies
using tactical teams to hunt and stop cells.
Government is upgrading human and technological
intelligence assets capabilities to close flanks and
stop soft target attack

Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman nigerianvenom Ishiamu nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 ,tonyebarcanista
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by blaquemyc: 7:25am On Oct 04, 2015
I read this sh!t cuz I thought you'd make sense but i guess I was wrong.
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by warrior01: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2015
blaquemyc:
I read this sh!t cuz I thought you'd make sense but i guess I was wrong.

Are you saying what I proffered was wrong? But it worked before. Ok, can I have your own solution
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by finestiyke(m): 7:31am On Oct 04, 2015
IbnSultaan:
You are sick

stop soft target attack

Chai you have watched too muck Jack Bauer, 24, CTU ish. Unfortunately Naija ain't like thaat
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by rozayx5(m): 7:36am On Oct 04, 2015
IbnSultaan:
You are sick

stop soft target attack

APC Rodents and hypocrisy
someone is rubbishing ur capital and attacking dss offices and sevral attacks in one day and u called that depletion?
till boko haram takes ur life. u wont have sense
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 04, 2015
finestiyke:

Chai you have watched too muck Jack Bauer, 24, CTU ish. Unfortunately Naija ain't like thaat

DIA was able to stop the real intent of Abuja blast
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by blaquemyc: 7:44am On Oct 04, 2015
warrior01:

Are you saying what I proffered was wrong? But it worked before. Ok, can I have your own solution
Trying to bring back the 1967-70 strategy used by NA is not the solution to stopping BH.
My solution? ...................................... read between the lines
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:48am On Oct 04, 2015
APC and Buhari should blame themselves for the continuous menace of Boko Haram. Did they support Jonathan to end it? No! Instead they deliberately opposed every move by GEJ that would have seen an end to this menace. Unfortunately, they will have to deal wÌth the monster alone. I sympathise with victims of BH attacks!
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by warrior01: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2015
blaquemyc:
Trying to bring back the 1967-70 strategy used by NA is not the solution to stopping BH.
My solution? ...................................... read between the lines

Why do you think the strategy wouldn't work? This is a strategy that was hailed by all and supported by the British and Russia with Buhari as an active participant. It was a master stroke that won the war for Nigeria and I think if applied, it will put an end to the boko haram debacle
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 04, 2015
IbnSultaan:
You are sick

stop soft target attack

if u know how many men n women boko haram already recruited, u will scream. boko haram are here to stay, they are hibernating while waiting for a civil war to break out in nigeria so that they can come out in full force.

ISIS in Iraq, Syria, Yemen n Libya did same.
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by finestiyke(m): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2015
IbnSultaan:

DIA was able to stop the real intent of Abuja blast

Keep deceiving yourself. And the real intent was?
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by blaquemyc: 9:20am On Oct 04, 2015
warrior01:

Why do you think the strategy wouldn't work? This is a strategy that was hailed by all and supported by the British and Russia with Buhari as an active participant. It was a master stroke that won the war for Nigeria and I think if applied, it will put an end to the boko haram debacle
we're talking about 2 different situations in two different eras here, if that strategy is a good one and can be effective, it'd have been used to decimate ISIS already
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by BALLOSKI: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2015
IbnSultaan:
You are sick

stop soft target attack

a rather apt reply to that OP.
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by DaBullIT(m): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2015
Wish i didnt click

I am wicked, but not that wicked
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by warrior01: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2015
DaBullIT:
Wish i didnt click

I am wicked, but not that wicked

But that was the strategy used against Biafra and was supported and hailed by Nigerians including you. Why changed now?
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 04, 2015
APC bastards
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by warrior01: 10:19am On Oct 04, 2015
'While the federal government fought hard to stop the defunct Eastern region from breaking away, the Biafrans fought harder to maintain their newly found independence. In the process all kind of weapons were deplored in the war. When the war was taking more time than anticipated, the federal government allegedly decided to blockade Biafra. Consequently, the new republic could not get food from the outside world to feed the populace.

The aim of that alleged blockade broke the will and fighting spirit of the Igbos and brought them back into the federation. Following the blockade, there was hunger, anguish and a cocktail of diseases triggered off by malnutrition. Eventually, this led to death for millions of Igbos especially women and children. It was indeed the pictures of malnourished Biafran children with bloated stomachs and tiny legs that drew the attention of the world to enormity of the suffering of the citizens of the young republic.

There were alleged cases of bombardment of civilians in markets, hospitals and refugee camps within the Biafran enclave by the federal troops. When the centre could no longer hold for Biafra, General Philip Effiong, Ojukwu’s deputy, who was in charge of the secessionist republic following the latter’s trip in search of peace surrendered to the Federal Government and the war ended. At the end of the war, Easterners particularly Igbos were confronted with a new challenge. Most of their properties outside Biafra before the outbreak of war were declared abandoned property. That was not all.

All Easterners who had money in various banks before the war started three years earlier were given a paltry sum of 20 pounds irrespective of whether they had millions or billions of pounds in the banks. The economic woes of the people were exacerbated by the indigenization policy of the Federal Government which came on stream in 1974, four years after the end of the civil war. For a people just recovering from the ruins of war, it was near impossible for a vast majority of Igbos to participate in the exercise which was designed to transfer ownership of some foreign companies in the country to Nigerians.
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by warrior01: 10:25am On Oct 04, 2015
By Sufuyan Ojeifo & Lemmy Ughegbe, Vanguard

ABUJA — GENERAL Officer Commanding (GOC) Two Division of the Army during the civil war, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Haruna said yesterday that he had no regret for the Asaba massacre in which over 500 Igbo men were killed by his troops.

Testifying for the second day running for the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) at the Oputa panel sitting, Gen. Haruna also revealed that Nigeria’s late Prime Minister, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa had a foreknowledge of the 1966 coup that claimed his life.

He said the late Prime Minister even turned down an invitation from the British government to pass the night of January 14, 1966 at the British High Commission in Lagos to escape from the coup plotters.

Gen. Haruna who was under cross-examination by the Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s counsel, Chief Anthony Mogbo (SAN) said whatever action he or his troops took during the war was motivated by a sense of duty to protect the unity of the country.

"As the commanding officer and leader of the troops that massacred 500 men in Asaba, I have no apology for those massacred in Asaba, Owerri and Ameke-Item. I acted as a soldier maintaining the peace and unity of Nigeria," he declared.

"If Gen. Yakubu Gowon apologised, he did it in his own capacity. As for me I have no apology," explaining, however, that "it was as barbaric as the 1966 coup; it was as barbaric as the pogrom, if there was also any other atrocity, the Kano extrajudicial killing was as barbaric as that."

Gen. Haruna also recommended that Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, Gen. Yakubu Gowon and Gen. Ibrahim Babangida be charged with failure to investigate the 1966 coup during their different terms as head of state.

"Charge Buhari, Gowon, Babangida for not investigating the 1966 coup on the grounds of dereliction of duty," he said.

On the 1966 coup, Gen. Haruna informed the panel that the late Alhaji Tafawa-Balewa, among other prominent Nigerians, had a foreknowledge of the coup.

He said the late Prime Minister actually turned down an invitation from the British government to pass the night at its High Commission in Lagos as he believed the mutineers would kill him.

Called by Mogbo (SAN) to explain the rationale behind ACF tagging the 1966 coup an "Igbo coup in spite of Alhaji Balewa, M.D. Yusuf, then a police officer, Col. Maimalari and many others of Northern extraction having prior knowledge of the coup, the star witness declined response.

He, however, disclosed that the North had planned a jihad on the day of the coup, insisting that the statement "Igbo, Igbo, Igbo, you are no longer part of Nigeria," credited to the former Prime Minister (Balewa) was a misinterpretation of the actual intent.

On the Gideon Akaluka incident of 1994, Gen. Haruna said that it was wrong to say that the Kano State Government never punished the killers of Mr. Gideon Akaluka, saying 20 unnamed persons were victims of extra-judicial killings which were supposed to be a deterrent.

But he said the killings were not ordered by the state government.

"My lord, I do not know who ordered the extra-judicial killing, nor where they were killed. All I know is that the Kano State Government, killed 20 people linked to the barbaric act," he said.

Gen. Haruna said, "I don’t know what you mean, 20 people were victims of the extra-judicial killing, but I don‘t know who ordered it, I have not said it is Kano State that ordered it."

Also testifying, the Plateau State branch of NBA Chairman and son of late Lt.-Col. Yakubu Pam, Barrister Yusuf Pam demanded a public apology from Col. Ben Gbulie for alleging that the house which his father built was a gift from the then Northern regional government.

"We were taught to forgive, but it is only normal for us to demand that such a statement that is patently false should be retracted by Gbulie. He should also apologise to us for this further damage to the memory of a patriotic officer who served the country well with his life."
Re: How Buhari Can Defeat Boko Haram Terrorist In 2 Months. A Must Read by warrior01: 10:29am On Oct 04, 2015
But to put it quite simply, the troops under Murtala Muhammed and the late Colonel Ibrahim Taiwo, both of whom also ironically met death on the same day in 1976, supervised the killing of the adult males of Asaba.

They had ordered them to dance at the town square, separated the men from the women, and killed them.

Ironically, one of those killed was Sydney Asiodu, a potential Olympic medalist and undergraduate of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. His brother, Philip Asiodu was then a super permanent secretary in Gowon’s administration in Lagos.

Even then, Asaba was only one of the places where the Nigerian military committed war crimes of such horrendous magnitude during that war, and have sought to cover it up and even erase them.

Many of those who have strutted about as Nigeria’s military heroes indeed ought to be brought to account for their war crimes.

It is the legacy of impunity that continues to haunt Nigeria, and continues to breed the kind of viciousness that would lead to the mindless destruction of people be it at Umuechem, Odi or Gboko because no one yet has been brought to account for such horrendous acts.

The Asaba memorial will be an important first step towards full disclosure and possible restitution.

(1) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Sacks Election Tribunal Chairman In Cross River State / Any Evidence Yet Against GEJ? / Christians Only: How Boko Haram Is A Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.