Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? (42111 Views)

PDP Will Defeat Buhari Or Any APC Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Markarfi / 2019: PDP Won’t Need Campaign To Defeat Buhari – Babangida Aliyu / El-Rufai Dismisses Atiku's Defection: "No Northern Politician Can Defeat Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 11:06am On May 22, 2016
I guess its too early to talk about 2019. But if things continue like this then Buhari will be a very vulnerable incumbent president facing reelection. The opposition party will be stupid if they don't snatch victory in 2019. If things never changed till 2019 a southerner can very much likely defeat Buhari, but I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.
Southerners are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people. Religion doesn't really matter when someone has these attributes, and being a liberal Muslim is a bonus. The northerners due to the mass illiteracy there are only enticed by tribal identity and religion. All they will want to hear is "Northerner" and "Muslim" and their votes are secured.
If the opposition comes up with a candidate with those combination of features I don't think APC will stand a chance even if they rig.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by TITOBIGZ(m): 11:07am On May 22, 2016
Anybody but PDP.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by agarawu23(m): 11:08am On May 22, 2016
Me cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by bettercreature(m): 11:10am On May 22, 2016
Nobody can defeat him at the moment,Northerners are just like SS/SE people they'd never vote against their brother unlike south westerners that doesn't believe in tribalism
No matter how bad Buhari is,NORTHERNERS will vote for him

221 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by shamsuRana(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2016
TITOBIGZ:
Anybody but PDP.

90% correct,going by the mindset of the majority.

30 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by forkinsonlolo(m): 11:15am On May 22, 2016
Me 2
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by bettercreature(m): 11:15am On May 22, 2016
shamsuRana:

90% correct,going by the mindset of the majority.
PDP are just wasting their time,the best solution to their misery at the moment is to CHANGE THE NAME,that name is dead and burried! they must learn from APC

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by poshstore: 11:16am On May 22, 2016
Please let him do his job,he has 3 more yrs.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 11:19am On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Nobody can defeat him at the moment,Northerners are just like SS/SE people they'd never vote against their brother unlike south westerners that doesn't believe in tribalism
Why wouldn't northerners vote against their own when there is a better option and part of their own too?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by talktonase(m): 11:20am On May 22, 2016
David Mark

15 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by ramdris(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2016
When d time come, u will know... it will b base on his performance...we are wiser now..

The SW will always determine who is gonna b the President base on their kind of politics that is quite dynamic compare to other regions.. the east and North always go one direction during election an that's why the SW who can swing anywhere will always come handy for any candidate to woo...

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by modath(f): 11:22am On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:

I just made something in this vein to someone..... & the name really needs to go...

Cc bejeiodus ....

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by bender79: 11:23am On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
David Mark
Lol..you sound like my 2 year old.

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by bettercreature(m): 11:25am On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:

Why wouldn't northerners vote against their own when there is a better option and part of their own too?
You can't imagine how popular Buhari is in the north and among south western older citizens,those 2 groups can never vote against Buhari they have 100% trust in him beside he is using that fight against corruption to decieve olders citizens in south-west,imagine during the era of buhari one man's show,he always has over 12 million votes and always win almost all the northern states let alone now that he is enjoying the support of south-west people

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by talktonase(m): 11:32am On May 22, 2016
bender79:

Every analysis is based on the survival of our political system.If PDP fixes there house in order,the zoning formular will be considered and a candidate from the north central will be pitched.Only Jerry Gana And David Mark are the most viable candidates from the north central.PMB cant survive 2019 age and health is enough to step him aside.Your 2yr must be either a prophetess or she is naturally intelligent.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by talktonase(m): 11:34am On May 22, 2016
bender79:

4 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by chebeoc(m): 11:36am On May 22, 2016
How some people put things in public forums as if we're all kids, southwest that vote olu falae in 1999, obasanjo in 2003 and osibanjo in 2015 are not tribalistic in politics.sometimes it's better to ignore how some people reason.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Lytech(m): 11:37am On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
Every analysis is based on the survial of our political system.If PDP fixes there house in order the zoning formular will be considered and a candidate from the north central will be pitched.Only Jerry Gana And David Mark are the most viable candidates from the north central.PMB cant survive 2019 age and health is enough to step him aside.Your 2yr must be either a prophetess ir she is naturally intelligent.
You just spoke like 1year 4month old girl not 2years old boy...
Am not sure you a nigerian...
David mark of all people?

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by ganisucks(f): 11:38am On May 22, 2016
After the disastrous outcome ☀̤̣̈̇f the inauspicious A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ rushed Devaluation ☀̤̣̈̇f the naira coupled with the ever rising Fuel price hike A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ the corrupt A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ inefficient 5k for one million people, even my French Poodle will run on the platform ☀̤̣̈̇f KOWA A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ win with a landslide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 11:39am On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
You can't imagine how popular Buhari is in the north and among south western older citizens,those 2 groups can never vote against Buhari they have 100% trust in him beside he is using that fight against corruption to decieve olders citizens in south-west,imagine during the era of buhari one man's show,he always has over 12 million votes and always win almost all the northern states let alone now that he is enjoying the support of south-west people
It all depends on his performance in 4 years time. If his performance is poor then that popularity will wear off by force in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by bettercreature(m): 11:44am On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:

It all depends on his performance in 4 years time. If his performance is poor then that popularity will wear off by force in 2019.
Like the popularity of GEJ droped in the SS/SE abi?You better forget it if Buhari kill all of us today he'd still win 2019 election beside to be Nigerias president you must have the support of the northern and south western people
Those SS/SE have never have a say in Nigerias politics and it will always be so as they were exposed during the 2015 election when they gave 95% of their vote to GEJ,no election can ever be worse than that

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by richybanky(m): 11:44am On May 22, 2016
chebeoc:
How some people put things in public forums as if we're all kids, southwest that vote olu falae in 1999, obasanjo in 2003 and osibanjo in 2015 are not tribalistic in politics.sometimes it's better to ignore how some people reason.
How come dey didn't vote for Bakare in 2011? Mind u 1999 election was btw Olu Falae and Obasanjo

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 22, 2016
modath:

I just made something in this vein to someone..... & the name really needs to go...

Cc bejeiodus ....
Don't forget that Atiku and Kwakwanso are Northerners too.
I do not delude myself into thinking that one of them can defeat Buhari in North. But one thing that I am sure of is they carry enough weight to shave some votes off Buhari's. And this, along with the predictable voting pattern of South-South and South-East, can land the PDP the Presidential seat.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by talktonase(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2016
Lytech:

You just spoke like 1year 4month old girl not 2years old boy...
Am not sure you a nigerian...
David mark of all people?
I am from benin republic but i undetstand your country politics better than a lot of Nigerians.Mark my words,you will have no choice but to eat yours.Lets pray your Nascent democracy survives the next 3yrs.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by enlightenedmind: 11:51am On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:

coz buhari's support in d north and some south west is unshakable. even admist d economic situation. North love PMB it is impossible to take north. PMB has North. South West does not bliv in tribalism n will do what if good for Nigeria. SW make up d real Nigerian activists who fought for democracy n a better Nigeria. All SW activists are against PDP. And frequently support PMB policies. Even Wole Soyinka. So 2019 is definitely and APC win presidentially.
If KOWA steps up their game, they will also claim some LGAs/States (very few) from PDP, and PDP in APC uniform govs.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by enlightenedmind: 11:53am On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Like the popularity of GEJ droped in the SS/SE abi?You better forget it if Buhari kill all of us today he'd still win 2019 election beside to be Nigerias president you must have the support of the northern and south western people
Those SS/SE have never have a say in Nigerias politics and it will always be so as they were exposed during the 2015 election when they gave 95% of their vote to GEJ,no election can ever be worse than that

Not North and SW, But two major regions. SE/SS + NC, SE/SS+NW/NE, SW+ANy oda region
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by enlightenedmind: 12:01pm On May 22, 2016
bejeiodus:
Don't forget that Atiku and Kwakwanso are Northerners too.
I do not delude myself into thinking that one of them can defeat Buhari in North. But one thing that I am sure of is they carry enough weight to shave some votes off Buhari's. And this, along with the predictable voting pattern of South-South and South-East, can land the PDP the Presidential seat.
this is highly unlikely. The way PDP is currently conducting themselves it is obvious Nigerians despise dem. To win presidency ever again in Nigeria, the PDP would
1) Have to change its name completely, PDP is a dread to d average Nigerian ears.

It is impossible for PDP to win. Not cause they r even bad, but simply coz dey do not have d majority states.
PDP is also likely to loose some seats in d SS if they r not careful n conduct themselves with caution. That is of course if SS current PDP does not rig d state elections. But of cuz dis is a dream. They will rig it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Tokety7: 12:09pm On May 22, 2016
@op, Av looked around. From the north down to south I don't know of any single Nigerian man born of woman that can singlehandedly secure millions of vote with little or no structure.
Now u are talking about a Buhari that secured such with federal might all in his disposal.
Qoute me anywhere, such is yet to be born.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 22, 2016
enlightenedmind:

this is highly unlikely. The way PDP is currently conducting themselves it is obvious Nigerians despise dem. To win presidency ever again in Nigeria, the PDP would
1) Have to change its name completely, PDP is a dread to d average Nigerian ears.

It is impossible for PDP to win. Not cause they r even bad, but simply coz dey do not have d majority states.
PDP is also likely to loose some seats in d SS if they r not careful n conduct themselves with caution. That is of course if SS current PDP does not rig d state elections. But of cuz dis is a dream. They will rig it.
The PDP has won more elections than any other party since the conduct of the 2015 general elections. So, when did the party become a dreadful thing to the average Nigerian?
It is too early to jump into hasty conclusions and write off the PDP. Twenty four hours is a long time in politics not to talk of three years.
Mistakes have been made in the past and they are about to be rightly corrected.
The South-South and the South-East remain an impenetrable fortress for the PDP. They will always vote the PDP even if they wear a veil.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by enlightenedmind: 12:25pm On May 22, 2016
bejeiodus:
The PDP has won more elections than any other party since the conduct of the 2015 general elections. So when did the party become a dreadful to the average Nigerian?
It is too early to jump into hasty conclusions and write off the PDP. Twenty four hours is a long time in politics not to talk of three years.
Mistakes have been made in the past and they are about to be rightly corrected.
The South-South and the South-East remain an impenetrable fortress for the APC. They will always vote the PDP even if they wear a veil.

PDP has won elections yes in their former footholds. But how many of d opposition's foot hold has d PDP been able to sway? despite d suffering? ZERO: 0. PDP is just a sad story. The mention of PDP to Nigerians is the mention of poverty, criminals, impunity, no regard for d law, the mafia, looting. PDP cant win majo elections in Nigeria again except they change deir name. Even if d pope and muslim head are their running candidates

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Yorubasgreat(f): 12:27pm On May 22, 2016
Tyrant Buhari will defeat Dollakpo Buhari..

4 Likes

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by malton: 12:27pm On May 22, 2016
Yorubasgreat:
Tyrant Buhari will defeat Dollakpo Buhari..

Drop the "Yoruba" and "great" in your moniker. You're embarrassing a revered tribe to which you sure as hell don't belong.

That should leave you with only "s", letter which to the best of my online knowledge of you, should mean "simpleton".

Better fit for your conduct!

39 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mariam Abacha & Mohamadou Bayero Fadil, Her Son-inlaw Pictured Together / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True) / Boma Goodhead Challenges Armed DSS Officer: 'I Dare You To Shoot This Bullet'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.