Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers (13243 Views)

Why Did Gospel Writers Quore Non Existent Scriptures. / Why Isn't Religion Helping Nigeria? / Why Are Pastor's Children Nonchalant To The Gospel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by FlipGamBino: 8:38am On Dec 17, 2015
@Sarassin, quick one, I have been reading the vedas for a bit now and i wanted to ask, the texts, "not the prayers" here are they read literally or they are deliberately made obscure in print, i have an English translated version here. how are you?
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Ubenedictus(m): 11:52am On Dec 17, 2015
JMAN05:

Why do u ask?
CURIOUSITY
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
FlipGamBino:
@Sarassin, quick one, I have been reading the vedas for a bit now and i wanted to ask, the texts, "not the prayers" here are they read literally or they are deliberately made obscure in print, i have an English translated version here. how are you?

Hi FlipGamBino, I am very well thanks. Depending on the volume you are studying the commentary (Brahmana) is meant to be a literal read but for the most part they are discourses, they are not deliberately made obscure although a little something is lost in rendering it from Sanskrit.
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ubenedictus:
CURIOUSITY

Not all I ve read bits of each tho. I mostly read when the need arise. But before I gave my reply above I did the reading of the fragment of Papias, read Polycarp's letter, parts of Clement writings. I have those, if not all of them in my digital lib, so I read them when there is need. I have not had a personal research project to read all there writings.
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Ubenedictus(m): 9:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
JMAN05:

Its obvious.
I am suprised you accuse the ebonites of heresy! There is an irony there. The ebonites were a group that rejected d divinity of Jesus, a trait u share... That was their major heresy! If u are calling d ebonite heretics then some fingers are pointing back at you.

1 Like

Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Ubenedictus(m): 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
JMAN05:

Not all I ve read bits of each tho. I mostly read when the need arise. But before I gave my reply above I did the reading of the fragment of Papias, read Polycarp's letter, parts of Clement writings. I have those, if not all of them in my digital lib, so I read them when there is need. I have not had a personal research project to read all there writings.
HMMM
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 21, 2015
Ubenedictus:
I am suprised you accuse the ebonites of heresy! There is an irony there. The ebonites were a group that rejected d divinity of Jesus, a trait u share... That was their major heresy! If u are calling d ebonite heretics then some fingers are pointing back at you.

Paul and his writings are false. Clinging to the mosaic, those who look at Jesus as a mere man sprung by natural generation frm Joseph nd Mary. Those are the people u expect me to accept jst because they reject d divinity of Christ?

So if for eg, I share one particular belief with a sect, am wrong to call them heretics? Is that catholic view or bible's view?
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Ubenedictus(m): 9:12am On Dec 22, 2015
JMAN05:

Paul and his writings are false. Clinging to the mosaic, those who look at Jesus as a mere man sprung by natural generation frm Joseph nd Mary. Those are the people u expect me to accept jst because they reject d divinity of Christ?

So if for eg, I share one particular belief with a sect, am wrong to call them heretics? Is that catholic view or bible's view?
some also blive dat Jesus was an archangel! D similarities just interesting. They were classed as heretics mainly cos of d belief u guys share.

1 Like

Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ubenedictus:
some also blive dat Jesus was an archangel! D similarities just interesting. They were classed as heretics mainly cos of d belief u guys share.

Ur brain is still on default. My classifying them as heretics is not the same with urs or ur church's.

They rejected Paul's writing they still stock to the mosaic law.

See wat ur encyclopedia said about whom u guys term saint Justin:

those who observe the Mosaic Law for themselves, but do not require observance thereof from others; and those who hold it of universal obligation. The latter are considered heretical by all; but with the former St. Justin would hold communion

Do u now see the main reason for there being regarded universally heretics? I wonder where u got this ur lies from. Among this Ebionites some are seen as being more catholic, yet not orthodox.
U just want me to start making analysis now. Very soon ur brothers will fly from who knows where to say I search the internet to criticise there church. Don't just start cos u might be surprised that ur church may be more guilty in terms of similarity.

But then, if u view the ebionites as true xtians, that's the catholic training u had that is at work. It is ur right to accept. But as for me and my household, they are heretics. I hope I have that right?
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Ubenedictus(m): 1:41am On Dec 23, 2015
JMAN05:

Ur brain is still on default. My classifying them as heretics is not the same with urs or ur church's.

They rejected Paul's writing they still stock to the mosaic law.
that was before the canon was made. Rejecting this or that book at the time didnt make anyone a heretic. Whole churches rejected revelation, other hebrew others 2pt...the list continue. That doesnt immediately make one a heretic.

See wat ur encyclopedia said about whom u guys term saint Justin:

Do u now see the main reason for there being regarded universally heretics? I wonder where u got this ur lies from. Among this Ebionites some are seen as being more catholic, yet not orthodox.
U just want me to start making analysis now. Very soon ur brothers will fly from who knows where to say I search the internet to criticise there church. Don't just start cos u might be surprised that ur church may be more guilty in terms of similarity.

But then, if u view the ebionites as true xtians, that's the catholic training u had that is at work. It is ur right to accept. But as for me and my household, they are heretics. I hope I have that right?
lol, if u want to post condemned similarities be my guest I'll be waiting, but I do know that rejection of d divinity of Christ is/was a condemned heresy u guys share. It gets more interesting when we look at the other heretical sects that rejected d divinity of Jesus.
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ubenedictus:
that was before the canon was made. Rejecting this or that book at the time didnt make anyone a heretic. Whole churches rejected revelation, other hebrew others 2pt...the list continue. That doesnt immediately make one a heretic.

Like I said previously, my use of the word heretic must not tally with your own meaning. If someone rejects an inspired word of God, he is not a heretic by ur catholic training.

If you dont think rejecting inspired word of God made one a heretic, that is so sad, because the scriptures do not agree with you.

Peter spoke of heretics (2Peter 2:1), and condemned those who reject Paul's letters. (2Peter 3:15, 16). The book of revelation spoke against adding or removing from the visions therein. How much more of those who reject the entire letter? My definition of heretic is not the same with yours. You can hold on to what you are taught, the scriptures I follow.

What about holding to the Mosaic law? That does not make them heretic too. ndo!

lol, if u want to post condemned similarities be my guest I'll be waiting, but I do know that rejection of d divinity of Christ is/was a condemned heresy u guys share. It gets more interesting when we look at the other heretical sects that rejected d divinity of Jesus.

This people were primarily known as heretics cos of sticking to Mosaic law, not archangel issue. Do you now agree?

You want us to start debating similarities bah? And your eyes didnt that your saint can dine with this people, that some of there beliefs are termed catholic (I should start listing them shey?), that ur vulgate matthew is a corruption that ebionites also used? You think I have that time? And u want the similarity condemned by ur church? Chai!

The point here is this: That similarities doesnt mean a thing. You do have some similarities with other churches you consider heretics, does that make you agree to be a heretic?

Even Judaisers believe in God, and agree in some respects to the christians, but this does not exempt them from being heretics. But of course, your church has a different way of identifying heretics which are not scriptural.

If you disagree with this, pls live with it. Me and my household agree with that. Why must I be a doctor to ur ailment?
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by oaroloye(m): 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
SHALOM!

ace1:
Considering the close relationship between Jesus and Peter, why is there no gospel account of Peter in the bible?

I can count on the useless Christians of this Forum, to be unable to tell you that the four Gospels we have today, are merely THE SURVIVORS of the attempt to DESTROY CHRISTIANITY AT THE OUTSET.

PETER AND THE "APOSTLES" were allowed to live in Jerusalem for DECADES, when their MASTER was KILLED after ONE WEEK- just because HE SOLD OUT, and AGREED NOT TO PROPAGATE THE TEACHINGS OF YAHSHUA.

He even tried to BAN GENTILE CHRISTIANS from being taught The Bible.

ONLY THE GOOD CHRISTIANS GOT MARTYRED, AT FIRST.
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by oaroloye(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
SHALOM!

Sarassin:

Hi FlipGamBino, I am very well thanks. Depending on the volume you are studying the commentary (Brahmana) is meant to be a literal read but for the most part they are discourses, they are not deliberately made obscure although a little something is lost in rendering it from Sanskrit.

"WHEN THE WISE MAN POINTS AT THE MOON,
THE FOOL LOOKS AT HIS FINGER!" - Confucius.

There are said to be about 100,000 Vedas.

"THE HINDU VEDAS CONTAIN TWELVE FALSE DATUMS
FOR EVERY TRUTH THAT THEY TELL!" - The Perception of Truth Lectures, by L. Ron Hubbard.

INSTEAD OF READING "VEDAS," WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO CONSULT THE AKASHIK RECORDS, SO THAT YOU CAN KNOW THE PERSONS WHO WROTE THE VEDAS, and not just their Leftover Garbage?
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

There are said to be about 100,000 Vedas.

INSTEAD OF READING "VEDAS," WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO CONSULT THE AKASHIK RECORDS, SO THAT YOU CAN KNOW THE PERSONS WHO WROTE THE VEDAS, and not just their Leftover Garbage?

There are four Vedas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by oaroloye(m): 11:48am On Aug 30, 2016
Sarassin:

There are four Vedas.

No, sorry: you are correct. I got that wrong.

The four Vedic Collections are: RIG Veda, SAMA Veda, YAJUR Veda, and ATHARVA Ved.

100,000 stanzas in the Vedas?

Is that what i should have said?
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
oaroloye:

No, sorry: you are correct. I got that wrong.

The four Vedic Collections are: RIG Veda, SAMA Veda, YAJUR Veda, and ATHARVA Ved.

100,000 stanzas in the Vedas?

Is that what i should have said?

The Rig-Veda is a collection of 1,028 Vedic Sanskrit hymns, 10,600 verses in all, they are organized into ten books and the hymns are dedicated to Rigvedic deities.

The Yajur-Veda consists of archaic prose mantras and also, in part, of verses borrowed from the Rig-Veda. Its was compiled to apply to sacrificial rites.

The Sama-Veda is the "Veda of chants" or "Knowledge of melodies." It consists of 1549 stanzas, taken entirely (except 78) from the Rig-Veda.

The Atharva-Veda Samhita compiled latterly around 900BCE is composed of  760 hymns, and about one-sixth of them are in common with the Rig-Veda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by oaroloye(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2016
The Disciples were commanded by the Sanhedrin Council not to teach nor preach in the Name of YAHSHUA.

That would have entailed their handing over all copies of his Teachings, and prohibition of their creating new ones.

The only Christians killed by the Jews were the ones who refused to abide by this edict.

I wonder at the intelligence level of those who think that a man would have been executed for his TEACHINGS, but the Executioners would let all copies of his Teachings to go unburnt!

This is what PAUL had been doing as the Sanhedrin's bounty hunter. He was paid well for every Jewish Christian he brought in. He would have been paid for every scroll of "EVIDENCE" that he brought in.

This only worked because those FOOLS insisted on hanging out in the Synagogues that REJECTED Yahshua the whole time.
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Ubenedictus(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
jman05, U claim those guys are heretics for rejecting scriptures, the question is, who decleared those as scripture and when?
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ubenedictus:
jman05, U claim those guys are heretics for rejecting scriptures, the question is, who decleared those as scripture and when?

Quote the particular comment you are referring to.
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Ubenedictus(m): 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
JMAN05:

Like I said previously, my use of the word heretic must not tally with your own meaning. If someone rejects an inspired word of God, he is not a heretic by ur catholic training.

If you dont think rejecting inspired word of God made one a heretic, that is so sad, because the scriptures do not agree with you.

Peter spoke of heretics (2Peter 2:1), and condemned those who reject Paul's letters. (2Peter 3:15, 16). The book of revelation spoke against adding or removing from the visions therein. How much more of those who reject the entire letter? My definition of heretic is not the same with yours. You can hold on to what you are taught, the scriptures I follow.

What about holding to the Mosaic law? That does not make them heretic too. ndo!

This people were primarily known as heretics cos of sticking to Mosaic law, not archangel issue. Do you now agree?

You want us to start debating similarities bah? And your eyes didnt that your saint can dine with this people, that some of there beliefs are termed catholic (I should start listing them shey?), that ur vulgate matthew is a corruption that ebionites also used? You think I have that time? And u want the similarity condemned by ur church? Chai!

The point here is this: That similarities doesnt mean a thing. You do have some similarities with other churches you consider heretics, does that make you agree to be a heretic?

Even Judaisers believe in God, and agree in some respects to the christians, but this does not exempt them from being heretics. But of course, your church has a different way of identifying heretics which are not scriptural.

If you disagree with this, pls live with it. Me and my household agree with that. Why must I be a doctor to ur ailment?
Re: Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 25, 2016
Ubenedictus:

Your question is like asking, 'who made the written word of God scripture'? Jehovah by inspiring the writers, declared them scripture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Isn't A Sin To Insult Satan? / He That Breaketh A Hedge, Serpent Will Bite Him / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.