Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight (1424 Views)

Fresh Dust Raised Over Supreme Court Decision On Rivers Guber Election / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun / Rivers Guber: More Facebook Postings Expose Okoye’s Membership Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by ahaika23: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2015
By Simeon Nwakaudu

Friday October 2, 2015 will remain evergreen in the annals of the Rivers State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal. It was a day that falsehood took flight in the face of reality and the legal team of the Rivers State APC fizzled into panic mood as they witnessed their castle in the air evaporate before their eyes.

Also on Saturday, October 3, 2015, the Rivers State Commander of the Department of State Services, DSS, for the April 11 Governorship election, Mr Emmanuel Phillips declared that the Election was peaceful without any report or observation of violence during the exercise. He led the DSS operations for the entire Rivers State on April 11 and physically monitored the governorship election in 12 LGAs. Like the senior police officers, he explained that soldiers were only deployed to specific locations, not to polling units. He told the Tribunal that the junior DSS operatives invited by Rivers APC, lied on oath. Totality of his evidence. Election held peacefully and successfully.

October 2 was a day that the Rivers State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal subpoenaed two very senior police officers to clarify the situation on the testimonies of few soldiers, DSS personnel and mobile policemen invited by the Rivers State APC to testify at the tribunal.

The two senior police officers are: Assistant Commissioner of Police, Mr Akuki Kenneth who was an Area Commander in charge of Bori Zonal Police Command comprising nine Local Government Areas during the April 11 Governorship Election and Chief Superintendent of Police, CSP, Uche Mike Chukwuma who served as Divisional Police Officer for Ahoada East Local Government Area on election day.

As soon as ACP Kenneth took his oath at the witness stand, it became a case of fire on the mountain for the Rivers State APC Governorship Election Petition Tribunal. The Rivers State APC Legal Team raised a vehement objection urging the tribunal to stop the senior police from testifying. Lead Rivers APC counsel, Akin Olujimi ( SAN ) appealed to the tribunal to rule that the ACP should tender his report and leave. He lost the battle to stop the witness of truth as the tribunal overruled him.

However, a few former commissioners who served under former Governor Amaechi who were in court dashed out to place calls. Outside the court, the Inspector-General of Police sent a team led by another Assistant Commissioner of Police to stop the police officers from giving evidence. The timely intervention of lawyers and journalists outside the court stop the Inspector-General of Police team from truncating justice.

The truth that Rivers State APC feared the most hit them like thunderbolt on October 2. The two senior police officers declared in open court that the soldiers, DSS personnel and mobile policemen were mere fiction experts who concocted stories about an election they played limited roles in. They stated that the governorship election was peaceful in the ten local government areas they monitored.

There was a mild drama in court at a point when CSP Chukwuma reeled out comprehensive data that baffled the lead counsel of Rivers APC. They accused him of reading from a prepared speech. He gave them the file that contained his subpoena and they studied same like pool merchants only to discover it was blank.
With reality, the earlier Rivers State APC falsehood enthroned by propaganda evaporated.

Testifying at the Rivers State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal on Friday, the Assistant Commissioner of Police who served in Rivers State during the governorship election confirmed that during his two-phased patrol, he observed that soldiers were only deployed to the border of the local government areas. He said no soldiers came to the polling units as it was reserved for the policemen and other conventional security agencies.

He said : "Within the period of my patrols, I saw soldiers in clusters at the borders of the local government areas. They were never at the polling units".

He listed the local government areas under his supervision on election day include; Khana, Gokana, Okirika, Ogu/Bolo, Eleme, Bonny, Opobo /Nkoro, Andoni and Tai. He said he monitored election in Khana, Gokana, Ogo/Bolo, Eleme, Okirika and Tai in two phases of the election, with no case of violence or threat to peace reported to him the policemen on duty.

He added that in the riverine areas where he did not patrol, he received reports that the elections went on peacefully from the respective Divisional Police Officers. The local government areas are: Bonny, Opobo / Nkoro and Andoni.
He berated DSP Yusuf Buba of the Police Mobile Force for lying on oath before the tribunal as he was only deployed to the INEC office in Bori to provide security, hence he did not patrol.

He said that under the police disciplinary procedure, if DSP Buba Yusuf had moved out of his duty post he would have been sanctioned. He declared that DSP Buba never left his duty post, hence he lied when he claimed that he saw people engaged in illegal thumb printing. He said if the policeman had seen any illegal thumb printing, he would have arrested such persons.

He said in the course of his patrol on election day, he observed that there was no violence, accreditation took place and that he also observed voters on queue casting their ballot.

In his testimony, CSP Chukwuma said the election in Ahoada East LGA was peaceful as he monitored the entire council with two detachment of Policemen. He said that his first phase of monitoring was held alongside the Electoral Officer of the area, Mrs Bea uty Anuebunwa without any incident of violence.

He explained that only un - armed policemen were deployed to polling units, pointing out that the 10 mobile policemen deployed to his local government éarea were with him on election day.

Commenting on the testimony by Police Deputy Superintendent of Police, DSP, Chisom Ezebuiro, the former Ahoada East Divisional Policer said the APC witness played no part in the election as he only led the 63 mobile policemen for the entire Area Command which comprises 14 local government areas to Ahoada East. He said Ezebuiro thereafter said he was ill and remained at the base and did not monitor the election.

CSP Chukwuma declared that the mobile policeman lied as he was indisposed on election day.

Under cross examination by counsel to the Rivers State APC, Akin Olujimi ( SAN ), the two senior police officers maintained that the election was peaceful with accreditation and voting taking place.

Olujimi ( SAN ) struggled in vain to demonstrate the documents prepared by the INEC staff they subpoenaed who claimed he was in the company of three INEC National Commissioners. His struggle was born out of the fact that Rivers State APC failed to call witnesses to demonstrate the said document because it was not prepared by authorised officers. The police officers stood their ground. They insisted it was not in their place to interpret a document made by another.

Governor Wike has so far presented witnesses of truth to dispel the cloud of falsehood that the Rivers State APC imposed on Nigerians. Those who conducted the elections have test. Those who maintained security have testified and those who voted have declared that they voted under a peaceful environment.

The Rivers State APC made very wild and baseless allegations, but they forgot that the tribunal is not a Television station. They forgot that they were under obligation to prove beyond reasonable doubt. All they did during their six days in court was to entertain Nigerians with cock and bull stories.

Despite the courage of these officers in the face of unfortunate intimidation by higher authorities, it is imperative that we condemn in very strong terms the illegal actions of officers from the office of the Inspector-General of Police and the Director-General of DSS who stormed the Rivers State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal for two days in a bid to intimidate and arrest witnesses of Governor Wike.

No amount of intimidation and illegal deployment of security personnel to the tribunal will save the day for misguided members of the higher authorities. Darkness will always give way to light.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant ( Media ) to the Rivers State Governor.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by yanabasee(m): 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
Politicking..... Lies and propaganda..

I just don't get it.... The way politicians are fighting for power, as if it's their birthright, this is alarming.. And they'll make us believe they're they real saints...

They're all the same... Their priority is to loot and become saint by pledging to APC's rule of conduct.

Nigeria is a country anymore... Nigeria is like a pit-toilet... Where politicians queue up to take turns of happy hour..shitting on us!

God should help us!
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by Phame: 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
What's this paid writer saying?
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by SouthernBreeze(m): 1:30am On Oct 05, 2015
Wike till 2023. Conduct the election 100 times, Wike will still av a landslide victory. APC are wasting their precious time in Rivers

1 Like

Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by SouthernBreeze(m): 1:32am On Oct 05, 2015
Phame:
What's this paid writer saying?
Why will you know what he's saying when his article doesn't favour you?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by ahaika23: 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
APC Rivers Chapter in utter disarray!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by SkyBlue1: 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
Another fake hack of a story from the state governor not even worth reading. Even international observers on election day from different agencies the world over agreed that Rivers State elections were particulalry violent and bad. Lives were lost. It was fraudulent. People were intimidated into staying away from the ballot. Only people without conscience will keep campaigning for those deaths to be ignored. Why won't they just allow the ballot papers to be inspected like APC has been asking for if there is nothing to hide? And yet some idiots are championing this as progress for the state, such a backward country.

. .. . . . but justice would eventually prevail.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by SkyBlue1: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
My advice to APC is not to get sidetracked by pointless arguments in the tribunal but to focus on the facts. We were told millions of people voted for Wike. Let the ballot be inspected and let us see millions of different fingerprints, it really IS that simple. The lie was so poorly executed, it will not be difficult to expose.
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by theV0ice: 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
SkyBlue1:
My advice to APC is not to get sidetracked by pointless arguments in the tribunal but to focus on the facts. We were told millions of people voted for Wike. Let the ballot be inspected and let us see millions of different fingerprints, it really IS that simple. The lie was so poorly executed, it will not be difficult to expose.

I think that is being done. Even this morning, the APC lawyer, chief Olujimi (SAN) forced the court to admit as exhibit, the memo ordering electoral officers to postpone elections till the next day in cases of card reader failure.

This was in spite of the best efforts of the PDP lawyers to prevent its admittance and the childish struggles of the inec commissioner on the hot seat to play dumb.

Ignore the antics of those struggling to make themselves happy here
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by SkyBlue1: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
theV0ice:

I think that is being done. Even this morning, the APC lawyer, chief Olujimi (SAN) forced the court to admit as exibit, the memo ordering electoral officers to postpone elections till the next day in cases of card reader failure.

This was in spite of the best efforts of the PDP lawyers to prevent its admittance and the childish struggles of the inec commissioner on the hot seat to play dumb.

Forget the antics of those struggling to make themselves happy here

I would be curious to see how this plays out but they should definitely stick to the facts of the position and not allow themselves to get dragged into backyard non sense making arguments.

It's only in Nigeria that something as open and shut as this will drag on this long. We were told millions of people voted for Wike despite all the violence and deaths and intimidated voters staying at home. Let us examine the ballots and go through the whole thing. Simple. What was the point of INEC investing in the technology if we are not going to use it?
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by theV0ice: 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
SkyBlue1:

I would be curious to see how this plays out but they should definitely stick to the facts of the position and not allow themselves to get dragged into backyard non sense making arguments.

It's only in Nigeria that something as open and shut as this will drag on this long. We were told millions of people voted for Wike despite all the violence and deaths and intimidated voters staying at home. Let us examine the ballots and go through the whole thing. Simple. What was the point of INEC investing in the technology if we are not going to use it?

Don't fret my friend.....they will be allowed to have their say while the court will have its way at last.

Just relax....Chief Olujimi(SAN) gat this.

Then wike will have a chance to prove he'll win a free and fair election after all wink
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by ahaika23: 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
cheesy APC brought in a bunch of witnesses who came and embarrassed them with some saying election held and Wike stole their mandate, others saying election didn't hold contradicting themselves and looking like fools. Why were you all silent about what you found after counting all the ballot papers, was it not because it was perfectly in order? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Call Buhari to come and arrest Wike's witnesses, that is the best you loafers can do. grin grin grin grin
theV0ice:

Don't fret my friend.....they will be allowed to have their say while the court will have its way at last.

Just relax....Chief Olujimi(SAN) gat this.

Then wike will have a chance to prove he'll win a free and fair election after all wink
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by theV0ice: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
ahaika23:
cheesy APC brought in a bunch of witnesses who came and embarrassed them with some saying election held and Wike stole their mandate, others saying election didn't hold contradicting themselves and looking like fools. Why were you all silent about what you found after counting all the ballot papers, was it not because it was perfectly in order? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Call Buhari to come and arrest Wike's witnesses, that is the best you loafers can do. grin grin grin grin

You're the loafer my dear....running up and down NL opening threads on a case you have zero knowledge about.

Keep opening threads upon threads to assuage your anxious heart....I'll be here to congratulate you on the thread you'll eventually open to celebrate your oga's 'victory' at the tribunal
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by ahaika23: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
I keep opening thread while you keep running into all my thread. What are you looking for in my threads? You think your rulling is somewhere in my thread? Why not respond to the facts I laid bare rather than claiming to be the tribunal judge. By the way, I learnt you people refused to settle the army and police you procured to testify as planned. Happy loafing 'theSilence'!
theV0ice:

You're the loafer my dear....running up and down NL opening threads on a case you have zero knowledge about.

Keep opening threads upon threads to assuage your anxious heart....I'll be here to congratulate you on the thread you'll eventually open to celebrate your oga's 'victory' at the tribunal
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by theV0ice: 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
ahaika23:
I keep opening thread while you keep running into all my thread. What are you looking for in my threads? You think your rulling is somewhere in my thread? Why not respond to the facts I laid bare rather than claiming to be the tribunal judge. By the way, I learnt you people refused to settle the army and police you procured to testify as planned. Happy loafing 'theSilence'!

You have zero relevance or use my dear so when you're done hallucinating, go through your threads and realise I don't feature in them.

The tribunal will give its final ruling this month so try and reserve some mb so you can be able to open another thread celebrating your oga's 'victory' at the tribunal. I'll be magnanimous enough to congratulate u then. If you're wise, you'll keep your boastings till then
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by ahaika23: 4:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
I have zero relevance and you spent this whole time in responding. How about we say you are the dude lacking sleep at night and trying so hard like every other APC gay in Rivers State to keep afloat. Forget, no one is boasting or raising shoulders, and until you come to terms with the Testimony of the Assistant Commissioner of Police Rivers State that the election which brought WIKE to power, you will continue to rigmarole in folly! Do not bother congratulating me when the deed is done, you go find a way for your pay masters dakuku the liar to become politically relevant grin
theV0ice:

You have zero relevance or use my dear so when you're done hallucinating, go through your threads and realise I don't feature in them.

The tribunal will give its final ruling this month so try and reserve some mb so you can be able to open another thread celebrating your oga's 'victory' at the tribunal. I'll be magnanimous enough to congratulate u then. If you're wise, you'll keep your boastings till then
Re: Rivers Guber : Falsehood Takes Flight by theV0ice: 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
ahaika23:
I have zero relevance and you spent this whole time in responding. How about we say you are the dude lacking sleep at night and trying so hard like every other APC gay in Rivers State to keep afloat. Forget, no one is boasting or raising shoulders, and until you come to terms with the Testimony of the Assistant Commissioner of Police Rivers State that the election which brought WIKE to power, you will continue to rigmarole in folly! Do not bother congratulating me when the deed is done, you go find a way for your pay masters dakuku the liar to become politically relevant grin

Indeed you have zero relevance and zero use my dear. That I'm replying you is me showing simple courtesy as you quoted me first and i didnt want to tell the world what you are by giving you the silent treatment.

A lot of folks have given testimony at the tribunal not least of which is the person in charge of data at the Inec headquarters in abuja so if you're a little bit wise, you'll know this case is beyond a testimony from 2 or more police officers.

All APC needs is to create doubt in the integrity of the process and every sensible human knows they're succeeding nicely in that venture.

Like I said, reserve some mb so you'll be able to gloat if the gods smile on you and your master

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Jonathan’s Kinsmen Carry Mock Coffin For PDP-The Nations / Nigeria's Economy To Grow By 3.78% / What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.