Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

A Generation Of Confused Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Generation Of Confused Youths (20569 Views)

Labaran Maku Visits Wike: "Wike Represents New Generation Of Nigerian Leaders" / Fayose Is Hopelessly Confused, Needs Prayers, Says Presidency / Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by webshopng1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
hmm

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by tevinsolt: 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
what can I say, Nigeria is one fvcked up place, with the way things are, and with the immense brainwashed and brain dead people walking freely all over Nigeria, that place will never achieve any significant feet in the next 200 years, if there's a place to be called Nigeria then.

The average Nigerian mind thinks in a "if it is not black then it is white" order, objective reasoning is a lacking value in the Nigerian society and it s displayed here on Nairaland, a sense of independence and self worth is absent, last but not least Nigerians suffer a serious case dementia and devil's advocate.

1 Like

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
midolian:
When will the goat be strong enough to kill a leopard? Would remain not just a proverb but a rhetorical question because a generation of confused youths have allowed themselves to be mere pawns on the political chess board in our society.

What I find disheartening is the seeming inexorable rise in demonstrations and protests among the youths, in solidarity to those politicians supposedly painted with the tar of corruption.

It is becoming very difficult to fathom the bone of contention of some species of humanity in youth forms, whose stock-in-trade is to barricade the streets and institutions to wail in support of our permissive and profligate politicians, regardless of what the person is being accused of. Could such acts of unflattering servility be passed as fool hardiness or unquantifiable stupidity?

The one that defies not just logic but also philosophy was the inexcusable manner a generation afflicted by the worst side of corruption, last week Tuesday, barricaded the National Assembly complex and queued desperately like pipeline vandals in support of the embattled senate president, Bukola Saraki, who is facing trial over 13 count charges, including false and improper declaration of assets to CCB when he was governor of Kwara State— 2003-2011.

After watching the show of shame, I weeped for those faceless and incapacitated youths of my generation who could best be described as “slaves in love with their chains”. They have without any modicum of shame allowed themselves to be used as an object of public ridicule by desperate politicians who are on their way to public odium.

To those incongruous and venile youths, who have not only sold their conscience but have constituted themselves as crass supporters of impunity— nothing is wrong in such social opprobrium, as long as something will come out of it, no matter how meagre it is.

Stupidity is when we blame our past leaders for dumping us in this hell hole we found ourselves but when such persons are called to come answer corruption charges against them, we make an abrute and complete reversal of attitude, opinion or position in support of the accused persons.
It is an unmitigated irony that our political class who widened the inequality gap in the country to a large degree and those who are yet to find us a place in our national polity are the ones we have allowed to always toss us around like the devil’s mail bag.

To those youths that obstreperously trooped out in support of the embattled Saraki, given their demeanor, it is justifiably stupefied that mentality of wretchedness was at play.

With such mentality of wretchedness, will the goat (which has been existing in the same world with the leopard) ever be strong enough to kill the leopard?

https://www.today.ng/blog/21628/a-generation-of-confused-youths/

Lalasticlala

stupidity is when folks beat their flat chest that amaechi and fashola must becompensated with ministerial positions even with the backklog of petitions against them over embezzlement and financial recklessness.
tah.......gerrarahere

1 Like

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by akigbemaru: 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
generation that loses its bearing.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
put simply , zero intelligence
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by mikolo80: 1:06am On Oct 06, 2015
midolian:
When will the goat be strong enough to kill a leopard? Would remain not just a proverb but a rhetorical question because a generation of confused youths have allowed themselves to be mere pawns on the political chess board in our society.

What I find disheartening is the seeming inexorable rise in demonstrations and protests among the youths, in solidarity to those politicians supposedly painted with the tar of corruption.

It is becoming very difficult to fathom the bone of contention of some species of humanity in youth forms, whose stock-in-trade is to barricade the streets and institutions to wail in support of our permissive and profligate politicians, regardless of what the person is being accused of. Could such acts of unflattering servility be passed as fool hardiness or unquantifiable stupidity?

The one that defies not just logic but also philosophy was the inexcusable manner a generation afflicted by the worst side of corruption, last week Tuesday, barricaded the National Assembly complex and queued desperately like pipeline vandals in support of the embattled senate president, Bukola Saraki, who is facing trial over 13 count charges, including false and improper declaration of assets to CCB when he was governor of Kwara State— 2003-2011.

After watching the show of shame, I weeped for those faceless and incapacitated youths of my generation who could best be described as “slaves in love with their chains”. They have without any modicum of shame allowed themselves to be used as an object of public ridicule by desperate politicians who are on their way to public odium.

To those incongruous and venile youths, who have not only sold their conscience but have constituted themselves as crass supporters of impunity— nothing is wrong in such social opprobrium, as long as something will come out of it, no matter how meagre it is.

Stupidity is when we blame our past leaders for dumping us in this hell hole we found ourselves but when such persons are called to come answer corruption charges against them, we make an abrute and complete reversal of attitude, opinion or position in support of the accused persons.
It is an unmitigated irony that our political class who widened the inequality gap in the country to a large degree and those who are yet to find us a place in our national polity are the ones we have allowed to always toss us around like the devil’s mail bag.

To those youths that obstreperously trooped out in support of the embattled Saraki, given their demeanor, it is justifiably stupefied that mentality of wretchedness was at play.

With such mentality of wretchedness, will the goat (which has been existing in the same world with the leopard) ever be strong enough to kill the leopard?

Lalasticlala
where do you live
must be a diasporan
those youth are not "protesting"
they are getting their "share" pf national cake
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by mavelos1o(m): 2:21am On Oct 06, 2015
don't blame youths, blame the ass wipes who are confusing the youths. you can't soak garri for your bingo and expect it to protect you like a German Shepherd. The youths are still in the learning stage and the hands feeding them are refusing to feed them the right thing.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by TushAnn(f): 6:59am On Oct 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, what's your bile with TonyeBarcanista? Ever since you lost the Mr Nairaland or whatever competition, you've become increasingly angry, rash and extremely bitter. What's your problem? You sure won't go far with so much hate in you. Watch it, bro!
exactly!!!
I noticed that too.

1 Like

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Taiwo20(m): 7:06am On Oct 06, 2015
Rented crowd that are being paid appearance fees. That's what happens when put are not only unemployed but morally bankrupt
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Ignyte(m): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2015
midolian:

Lalasticlala

I even think say na my problems you wan talk.. nothing concern me with una country!! y'al should split the country if una want!
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by saudatu(m): 10:02am On Oct 06, 2015
Rawani:
Poverty and bigotry, built on ignorance, might explain the motives behind such behaviour.

Poverty: because the young man wants to make a quick buck, but lacks the foresight and insight to realize that his corruption-shielding actions worsen his current situation in the long run, after the N10k is squandered.

Bigotry: some of these groups are derived from state and ethnic associations (e.g. abc State Indigenes Association) who seek to 'protect' their kinsmen, but are again ignorant of the socio-economic effects of their myopic decision over time.

Until our socio-economic conditions per capita improve, and there is a national re-orientation through improved education as well as targeted enlightenment campaigns aimed at segments of the general populace, we will continue to see such short-sighted and self-destructive campaigns from our youths.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by stevecantrell: 10:09am On Oct 06, 2015
sukkot:
bros, watch out for this coming saturday in america. the 10th of october. i am 90 percent sure thats the d day of destruction and judgement on america wink

Mr, aren't you fed up with all these dates you keep mentioning ?
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by sukkot: 11:06am On Oct 06, 2015
stevecantrell:

Mr, aren't you fed up with all these dates you keep mentioning ?
nope. cuz i know i am close. i feel the cosmic peaks and troughs and one of these peak dates i mention sooner than later will be the date that will boil over and start the revolution. wink
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by horlus(m): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2015
Rawani:
Poverty and bigotry, built on ignorance, might explain the motives behind such behaviour.

Poverty: because the young man wants to make a quick buck, but lacks the foresight and insight to realize that his corruption-shielding actions worsen his current situation in the long run, after the N10k is squandered.

Bigotry: some of these groups are derived from state and ethnic associations (e.g. abc State Indigenes Association) who seek to 'protect' their kinsmen, but are again ignorant of the socio-economic effects of their myopic decision over time.

Until our socio-economic conditions per capita improve, and there is a national re-orientation through improved education as well as targeted enlightenment campaigns aimed at segments of the general populace, we will continue to see such short-sighted and self-destructive campaigns from our youths.

You said it all I'm glad there are people who know the truth and can say it the way it is.

1 Like

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by stevecantrell: 11:58am On Oct 06, 2015
sukkot:
nope. cuz i know i am close. i feel the cosmic peaks and troughs and one of these peak dates i mention sooner than later will be the date that will boil over and start the revolution. wink

Shooting in the dark !
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by sukkot: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
stevecantrell:

Shooting in the dark !
not at all. i am in the light shooting. i am trying to nail a date with a dart but the date which i can see is being elusive
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Alexudinova(m): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
am new here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Appeal Court Sacks Balogun-fulani’s Kwara APC Executives / Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring / Tinubu’s Workaholic, He Goes To Bed At 2, 3am Every Day — Ajuri Ngelale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.