Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

A Generation Of Confused Youths - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Generation Of Confused Youths (20571 Views)

Labaran Maku Visits Wike: "Wike Represents New Generation Of Nigerian Leaders" / Fayose Is Hopelessly Confused, Needs Prayers, Says Presidency / Meet The First Generation Of Nigerian Lawmakers To Scale The Fence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Urine: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
The interesting thing about this thread is that the idiots this article talks about, have taken over the thread.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by agarawu23(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
[s]
dearpreye:

Bro, these folks are evil. They're very much evil.
[/s] only evil ppl can identify evil doers
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by sukkot: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
Chubhie:
You have spoken well wise one. It is very self evident that Amelika has lost it spiritually. Nigerian is currently on some heavy low vibrations spiritually. I doubt Nigeria would be able to shake off her low vibration in 50 years from now. Just read the vibration on the politics board or go to the streets and capture the current spirit of the times and you would certainly give up on her.
nigeria is on a very low vibration but the people who will raise the vibration will soon be revealed. you have to understand that 99.9999 percent of humans are created as zombies who are to be led. thats how God has done it. you cant have too many leaders. most of the humans are walking empty shells who have to be guided. these zombies need someone to follow and right now that celestial leadership is lacking so the zombies are all lost. but the manifestation of the destruction of america and the manifestation of the saints who will lead the zombies out of the valley of dry bones will happen at the same time. all the zombies are waiting on the saints. they are waiting for leadership. right now they are lost cattle
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by frodobee: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
Are you talking of the same youth that voted Buhari?
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Sheikwonder(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
midolian:
The duty of youth is to challenge corruption - Kurt Cobain

Its such a big shame that its the other way round. Corruption challenging the youth

Isn't it ironic that the guy you're quoting killed himself due to substance abuse?
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
ken4jj:

Tinunbu is a billionaire and his family can never be poor again
Saraki and family can never be poor again
Diezieni"s children are living like king and queens in the US and can never be poor again even if they do not work all the rest of their life.
There is no children of Nigerian politician that can ever be poor again even if they dont work again

All these happen at the expense of the people defending them online and offline. They are the ones that have lost yet they are they ones that are now senior advocate for politicians SAP. Why will a battered Nigerian youth engage in partisan political support?

Nigerian youths are too stupid for my liking especially the ones online.
. THANK YOU. OURS IS BUNCH OF BLIND,DUMP and SILLY youth who support them just because of party affiliations and ethnic relations. Very pathetic
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by bloodkiIler: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, what's your bile with TonyeBarcanista? Ever since you lost the Mr Nairaland or whatever competition, you've become increasingly angry, rash and extremely bitter. What's your problem? You sure won't go far with so much hate in you. Watch it, bro!

agarawu23 is a nonentity bastard mai suya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Chubhie: 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
sukkot:
nigeria is on a very low vibration but the people who will raise the vibration will soon be revealed. you have to understand that 99.9999 percent of humans are created as zombies who are to be led. thats how God has done it. you cant have too many leaders. most of the humans are walking empty shells who have to be guided. these zombies need someone to follow and right now that celestial leadership is lacking so the zombies are all lost. but the manifestation of the destruction of america and the manifestation of the saints who will lead the zombies out of the valley of dry bones will happen at the same time. all the zombies are waiting on the saints. they are waiting for leadership. right now they are lost cattle
May we be counted worthy to be among the saints. You are truly a wise one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by midolian(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
Sheikwonder:

Isn't it ironic that the guy you're quoting killed himself due to substance abuse?
I can't help but to wonder how that invalidates his quote.

1 Like

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by agarawu23(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
[s]
bloodkiIler:

agarawu 23 is a nonentity bastard mai suya
[/s]
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by sukkot: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
Chubhie:
May we be counted worthy to be among the saints. You are truly a wise one.
Amen to the bolded and thanks for the kind words Sir Chubhie
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Sheikwonder(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
midolian:
I can't help but to wonder how that invalidates his quote.

Invalidate? No.

You don't see my point.It's kind of strange if you think about it.

Imagine Hitler saying "Love conquers all".

It is valid no doubt,but it's hard to take him seriously considering his violent history that is at odds with the message he's trying to pass across.

1 Like

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by midolian(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
Sheikwonder:

Invalidate? No.

You don't see my point.It's kind of strange if you think about it.

Imagine Hitler saying "Love conquers all".

It is valid no doubt,but it's hard to take him seriously considering his violent history that is at odds with the message he's trying to pass across.
True. Now I get your point.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Esdb3: 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
EdCure:
Lots of Nigerian youths have sold their values, future and principles to the highest bidder, who in turn gave them the burden of tribalism and religious dogmatism.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." -- Dwight D Eisenhower

God-haters! You will always bring religion into the most unrelated of things.

We are talking politics this 'annoyance' is saying God is the one who haven't let Nigerian youths stop being devilishly stupid. One of the points the op should have mentioned is the duty to find someone to put a blame on every time naija youths talk politics - this time for this person it is God.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by bloodkiIler: 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
agarawu23:
[s][/s]
tongue

mai suya grin
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by hensben(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
dearpreye:

That's the way it is. Whatever area of our lives we are ignorant, that area will suffer the greatest setbacks. The same applies to a people
100% true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by EdCure: 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
Esdb3:
God-haters! You will always bring religion into the most unrelated of things. . One of the points the op should have mentioned is the duty to find someone to put a blame on every time naija youths talk politics - this time for this person it is God.
You are an unfortunate product of dogma, hypocricy and hypnotism. Dont blame me for your comprehension defects. And dont drag God into your rants...cos not all people who call on God that does his command.

3 Likes

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by apcpdpallscam(f): 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
midolian:
The duty of youth is to challenge corruption - Kurt Cobain

Its such a big shame that its the other way round. Corruption challenging the youth
even u are in love with ur chain as a slave so long one is a partisan or drumming support for Ds heartless leaders,dictators cum converts,civilian rulers etc.until i see a new Nigeria where there is no selective prosecution,clear cut economic policies being driven by technocrats frm different geo political zones,it's still apcpdpallscam.so op,leave dose hungry youths to learn revolution,d table shall turn one day;d dog against it's owner.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Lilimax(f): 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
Acidosis:
Useless article from a senseless writer.

How can a corrupt man persecute a fellow corrupt person?

WE ALL know Saraki is a thief, but we can't watch other thieves claim SAINTS simply because they have the power

How can SATAN persecute JEZEBEL & DELILAH?

We will take you serious-ly (modified) when you provide a JESUS CHRIST.

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by daniel56(m): 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
midolian:
When will the goat be strong enough to kill a leopard? Would remain not just a proverb but a rhetorical question because a generation of confused youths have allowed themselves to be mere pawns on the political chess board in our society.

What I find disheartening is the seeming inexorable rise in demonstrations and protests among the youths, in solidarity to those politicians supposedly painted with the tar of corruption.

It is becoming very difficult to fathom the bone of contention of some species of humanity in youth forms, whose stock-in-trade is to barricade the streets and institutions to wail in support of our permissive and profligate politicians, regardless of what the person is being accused of. Could such acts of unflattering servility be passed as fool hardiness or unquantifiable stupidity?

The one that defies not just logic but also philosophy was the inexcusable manner a generation afflicted by the worst side of corruption, last week Tuesday, barricaded the National Assembly complex and queued desperately like pipeline vandals in support of the embattled senate president, Bukola Saraki, who is facing trial over 13 count charges, including false and improper declaration of assets to CCB when he was governor of Kwara State— 2003-2011.

After watching the show of shame, I weeped for those faceless and incapacitated youths of my generation who could best be described as “slaves in love with their chains”. They have without any modicum of shame allowed themselves to be used as an object of public ridicule by desperate politicians who are on their way to public odium.

To those incongruous and venile youths, who have not only sold their conscience but have constituted themselves as crass supporters of impunity— nothing is wrong in such social opprobrium, as long as something will come out of it, no matter how meagre it is.

Stupidity is when we blame our past leaders for dumping us in this hell hole we found ourselves but when such persons are called to come answer corruption charges against them, we make an abrute and complete reversal of attitude, opinion or position in support of the accused persons.
It is an unmitigated irony that our political class who widened the inequality gap in the country to a large degree and those who are yet to find us a place in our national polity are the ones we have allowed to always toss us around like the devil’s mail bag.

To those youths that obstreperously trooped out in support of the embattled Saraki, given their demeanor, it is justifiably stupefied that mentality of wretchedness was at play.

With such mentality of wretchedness, will the goat (which has been existing in the same world with the leopard) ever be strong enough to kill the leopard?

https://www.today.ng/blog/21628/a-generation-of-confused-youths/
I love u write-up I was tinking I was d only one who saw all dis, u try bro

Lalasticlala
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by ALISMILE(m): 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, what's your bile with TonyeBarcanista? Ever since you lost the Mr Nairaland or whatever competition, you've become increasingly angry, rash and extremely bitter. What's your problem? You sure won't go far with so much hate in you. Watch it, bro!
My bro allow dat guy criticise that Tonyebacanista or wateva he calls himself! Tonyebacanista needs to stop being stupid online and he shud stop using is brilliance to confuse some online sniffers who cannot really decern wats right frm wats wrong!
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by PassingShot(m): 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
agarawu23:
They are all hungry and jobless youth. You will surely find tonyebarcanista in that group. Thieves who can't say/follow the truth just because of #1000 shared among them. Money that can't take their generations out from poverty.

@the bold, why talking of generation when the crumb can't even take the collector out of poverty? Will the crumb even last a week if it lasts a day?

Unfortunately, they abound on this same forum. It is a problem caused by a combined forces of bigotry, poverty and illiteracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by ALISMILE(m): 7:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
Esdb3:

God-haters! You will always bring religion into the most unrelated of things.

We are talking politics this 'annoyance' is saying God is the one who haven't let Nigerian youths stop being devilishly stupid. One of the points the op should have mentioned is the duty to find someone to put a blame on every time naija youths talk politics - this time for this person it is God.
That guy has nt denigrated God in anyway! Pls read his post well again!
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by EagleEyes001(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
whatever happens to u or whateva u bcom in life all is on u. you are responsible the actions, deeds we make and results that come out. The youths don't know the power we have, bt cuz of ur ignorance, impatience, selfishness, fearfulness and greedness we sell our power to the enemy n bcom powerless. They say the youths are the future, bt here in Nigeria is a different ball game, most youths have sold there rights, you can't say or see anything in it when ur father father mind my English who cares, will com to rule ur nation twice going fr the third, then u blap DAT mouth and say 'change' y can't dy pick d young to make d change. until we change our ways in our everyday life activities as youths will nation change fr u. enough is better fr d wise. always proud of we d youth stop d sale our power and make sacrifices fr nation to b better.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by porozhniy(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
Mohamed Yusuf, Abubakar Shekau, Asari Dokubo, Tompolo and Lately Nnamdi kanu all have one thing in common; COURAGE!. no matter how misguided they are\were, they lead the troops from the battle trench, not from behind a keyboard in their bedrooms. Nigerian youths are in desparate need of a courageous leader, who will give his life if push comes to shove. so if your with all your degrees and exposure cn't do nada to change the situation but prefer to demonise the youths online...you no better brother.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by midolian(m): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
daniel56:
I love ur write-up.I was thinking I was the only one who saw this, u try bro

Lalasticlala
This is not my write-up, bro. Came across it while exploring the net and decided to share with you guys. smiley
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by FKMagazine(m): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
midolian:
When will the goat be strong enough to kill a leopard? Would remain not just a proverb but a rhetorical question because a generation of confused youths have allowed themselves to be mere pawns on the political chess board in our society.

What I find disheartening is the seeming inexorable rise in demonstrations and protests among the youths, in solidarity to those politicians supposedly painted with the tar of corruption.

It is becoming very difficult to fathom the bone of contention of some species of humanity in youth forms, whose stock-in-trade is to barricade the streets and institutions to wail in support of our permissive and profligate politicians, regardless of what the person is being accused of. Could such acts of unflattering servility be passed as fool hardiness or unquantifiable stupidity?

The one that defies not just logic but also philosophy was the inexcusable manner a generation afflicted by the worst side of corruption, last week Tuesday, barricaded the National Assembly complex and queued desperately like pipeline vandals in support of the embattled senate president, Bukola Saraki, who is facing trial over 13 count charges, including false and improper declaration of assets to CCB when he was governor of Kwara State— 2003-2011.

After watching the show of shame, I weeped for those faceless and incapacitated youths of my generation who could best be described as “slaves in love with their chains”. They have without any modicum of shame allowed themselves to be used as an object of public ridicule by desperate politicians who are on their way to public odium.

To those incongruous and venile youths, who have not only sold their conscience but have constituted themselves as crass supporters of impunity— nothing is wrong in such social opprobrium, as long as something will come out of it, no matter how meagre it is.

Stupidity is when we blame our past leaders for dumping us in this hell hole we found ourselves but when such persons are called to come answer corruption charges against them, we make an abrute and complete reversal of attitude, opinion or position in support of the accused persons.
It is an unmitigated irony that our political class who widened the inequality gap in the country to a large degree and those who are yet to find us a place in our national polity are the ones we have allowed to always toss us around like the devil’s mail bag.

To those youths that obstreperously trooped out in support of the embattled Saraki, given their demeanor, it is justifiably stupefied that mentality of wretchedness was at play.

With such mentality of wretchedness, will the goat (which has been existing in the same world with the leopard) ever be strong enough to kill the leopard?

https://www.today.ng/blog/21628/a-generation-of-confused-youths/

Lalasticlala

Many Applause Mr Lalasticlala, for ur well composed article,
But mind u, u re not aware of the new research that says, youths without work are liable to mental disorder. And again, wht manner of insult did the writer @today.ng accused the Nigerian youths? if u like you can agree or not, the Nigerian youths deserved an unreserved apology from the writer of this article...Note: I am not for any political party, so, no need to guess anytin wrong here. The writer dosn't understand wht over 12Million youth are facing in Nigeria...
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Esdb3: 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
ALISMILE:
That guy has nt denigrated God in anyway! Pls read his post well again!

Do people need to spell it out every time for y'all. Sarcasm.

What does 'religious dogma' mean.
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by ALISMILE(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
Esdb3:

Do people need to spell it out every time for y'all. Sarcasm.

What does 'religious dogma' mean.
Religious dogma means wen sombdy blindly holds on to a doctrinal belief, irrespective of weda dat belief contradict common sense! Eg Boko haram and its followers!
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by Esdb3: 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
ALISMILE:
Religious dogma means wen sombdy blindly holds on to a doctrinal belief, irrespective of weda dat belief contradict common sense! Eg Boko haram and its followers!

That is religious dogma, I was thinking 'religious dogmatism' meant something different?
Re: A Generation Of Confused Youths by daniel56(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
midolian:
This is not my write-up, bro. Came across it while exploring the net and decided to share with you guys. smiley
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Militants Threaten To Stop Oil Exploration Over PMB's Focus On Northern Nigeria / Diezani Ordered By Court To Return To Nigeria For Prosecution / From Jonathan To Buhari: FFK Long History Of Going Back To "Vomit" - Dailypost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.