Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion (10675 Views)

"Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Reveal True Reason Nigeria In Recession / Why Nigeria May Never Split (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by SonOfEl(m): 10:22am On Jun 08, 2016
coolitempa:

You are a 'stweepeed' illiterate and an obviously linguistically challenged flat.head.....I am not and can never be on your level. Three things, firstly, there is nothing like 'what a rubbish'...... grin.....secondly, the use of the word 'pervert' does not in itself denote matters of a sexual persuasion/connotation .... grin.....thirdly, stop batting above your level...... angry......now you can bugger off.... grin......and go pick up a dictionary.

Dry
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 08, 2016
Ndi Igbo everywhere cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by coolitempa1(f): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2016
SonOfEl:

Dry

You well so....
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by SonOfEl(m): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2016
coolitempa1:

I well so....
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by oyatz(m): 10:51am On Dec 22, 2016
You must be high on Kerosene sir. Whatever TRADING advantages the Igbos or any other Nigerians have is part of the privileges of being CITIZENS of Nigeria and that will change in case of disintegration.
The Jews that make in road in the economy of European Countries or the US have become CITIZENS of their host Countries and FULLY imbibe their values and culture.
There is no Country that willingly open its borders for foreigners to come and dominate their Land and economy.
Inspite of the much touted business acumen of the Igbos, how come they haven't been able to dominate the 'economy' of neighbouring Cameroun?

As Jews still control almost everything in Europe n america, so will the igbos. Point is commerce knows no borders, some are naturally skilled at itnand some are not. Igbos own that sector n will still control it if nigeria splits. The north nn sw does not have what it takes in that aspect.
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by WizBLANCE(m): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2016
Oga u did your home work well... When i was much younger i was opportune to travel with my father to Nsukka. I was so surprise that my father will chose a remote village like kaffi koro (pikoro lga. Niger state) over nsukka. More to that many igbo's who could not afford the costly bride price in the east simply settle for the less over here. And when you speak of Biafra they will be like Bleep that shit.
Well above all i love Biafra and hope we achieve it soon.
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Ziyadah(f): 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
I just hate unnecessary noise sha undecided
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by LebenNG: 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
BALLOSKI:
I went to somewhere in Kano state called 'butubu' and saw an ibo man selling provisions there . I shouted ' nna, Wetin u De do for this kain place?', he responded by saying , ' this is like my home. I hardly travel home(east) sef". This goes to show the main ibo don't care about biafra , but their businesses. They are unlike the jobless ones you see on nairaland beating chest.
Igbo man no go east? im village? every december or two? tell me something else. The average igbo man is not like the yoruba man that does not even know his grandfather's compound, even hardly travels home at all... all claiming omo eko because its the capital. say sumtin x
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by LebenNG: 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
BALLOSKI:
Catalonians made sure their region is ahead in terms of anything in Spain before their agitation. It's believed that they are needed more and have unity. Such cannot be said of your region.
i wonder y u r crying more than the bereaved.
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by LebenNG: 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
LadyExcellency:

A homeless Southwesterner threatening an Igbo landlord

It's unfortunate your generation may not afford to live in Lagos State but in interior hinterland in Osun
Till they stop selling their father's backyard to throw owanbe, they will wake up. How do u keep on selling land marks, what heritage do you leave for the next generation, language with no lands??. Thumbs up.
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by plaindealer: 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
Nigeria will never split. I love the igbos and despite their secessionist tendencies, I believe they are the major reasons why Nigeria will never split. This is because, unlike any other tribe in the country, the igbos are the most migrated. You will find them in droves in almost every state across the federation. Go to the most remote villages in the southwest, you'd find a reasonable number of igbos trading/residing and you'd even see some inter-marrying with the natives.. I have too many examples.

For any secession to take place, the igbos would have to first migrate in droves back to the southeast but the opposite is what we experience everyday. To back up my claim, Go to any lagos motor park in any south-eastern town/city and you will marvel at the number of people planning to travel down to lagos from there at any given day.

If it was left to the yorubas who are fully concentrated in the southwest with a negligible number of persons in other regions, secession or splitting will be a very easy thing to do as a referendum for secession will be easy to obtain from the yoruba people at any given period but same cannot be said for the Igbos as it currently stands.

I have to say this though, I believe the igbos create a sort of religion balance in the Nigerian system. This is very needed in the system as Nigeria will most likely be an islamic state without the igbos' major Christian population. I am a yoruba christain and will certainly not be comfortable with having the North and southwest as a country together without the inclusion of the Igbos. There are a reasonable number of Muslims in Yorubaland and I know that a southwest + North-only country will have the number of Muslims overshadow the Christians. The Islam religion with its usually overbearing tendencies (sorry) will want to lord it over minority Christians. I certainly won't be comfortable with this and i'm sure a lot of Yoruba christains won't be too. I seriously don't want to experience what it could be like for Nigeria without the Igbos.

God bless Nigeria. Nobody is going anywhere!!!

You lost your soul and credibility the second you pulled the religion card.

You are not Yoruba because religious obsession, consideration and social references are not part of the Yoruba ethos and wonderful history of religious pluralism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Under Me Most Productive Since 1999 – Saraki / Free Trade Must Be Fair Trade, Says Buhari / Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 3 Police Inspectors In Delta, Steal AK47 Rifles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.