Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) (24997 Views)

I Stole My Boss Car To Attend Valentine Party —suspect (pictured) / Spirit Told Me To Stab The Pregnant Woman –suspect (pictured) / I Killed My Fiancé Over Sex, Says Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by dre11(m): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2015
A man, who disguises as a scavenger to rob people around Ojota in Lagos has been arrested by Rapid Response Squad (RRS) operatives.

Abdullai Umar (24) was arrested by a RRS patrol team around Abiola Garden in Ojota.

Preliminary investigations revealed that the suspect is a member of a gang, which disguises as scavengers and hides arms in trucks to commit robbery.

According to RRS, the suspect and other members of his gang threatened victims with weapons before robbing them of their valuables, such as phones, jewellery and cash

Two of Umar’s victims accompanied him to the RRS Headquarters at Alausa, Ikeja, to narrate their ordeals to the police.

Mr Dayo Zachariah, one of the victims, said he was attacked along the road leading to China Town while going to work.

He said: “A guy jumped out from the bush and attacked me with a cutlass, and collected my phone and purse containing the sum of N1,700 and I.D card with bank teller and also a passport photograph.

“My phone and purse were recovered from him by the police but the money inside the purse had vanished.”

Another victim, Grace Akanna, told the police that the suspect also robbed him on that spot on the same day.

“On that fateful morning, I was going through Abiola Garden, Ojota to board a bus to Maryland, a man came from nowhere and snatched my purse containing the sum of N2,000, Identification card, Automated Teller Machine (ATM) cards and some documents,” Akanna said.

RRS Commander, Olatunji Disu, an Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP, said the patrol team saw Zachariah and Akanna crying for help.

“Immediately, the policemen went after the suspect, who was nabbed while making an attempt to hide inside the flower in the area”.

The suspect, who claims that he hails from Kawo Local Government Area of Kaduna State, said: “I disguised as scavenger to rob people. I work with Sunday, Stephen, Papa, John, Muscle and Akeem.

“We operate around that area during day and night. My receiver is an Igbo man who owns a shop at Mile 2 in Lagos. I sold Nokia and Techno phones to him and any other stolen valuables including wrist-watches and jewellery. I am ready to cooperate with the Police to arrest other members of the gang”.

Disu said his men would go after fleeing members of the syndicate.

http://thenationonlineng.net/suspected-scavenger-robber-held-at-ojota/

2 Likes

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by INTROVERT(f): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2015
His cup has full. I trust those police people don break either his hand or leg by now.

4 Likes

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by shortgun(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2015
Ok
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by zinachidi(m): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2015
the guy resemble scavenger true true shaa.

3 Likes

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by ijustdey: 8:02am On Oct 06, 2015
he looks so hungry.......

that's one of their modes if operation
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by Aminat508(f): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2015
Awon werey... Na so dem collect my purse and give me one dirty slap cry

Na thunder go fire una yansh embarassed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:17am On Oct 06, 2015
Look very much like a scavenger.
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by Funjosh(m): 8:18am On Oct 06, 2015
The most painful aspect of it is that they might release him later sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by DONSMITH123(m): 8:26am On Oct 06, 2015
see him face.
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by danaiks(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
Cunning man die........ angry
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
Just imagine
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by okooloyun1(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
Na one by dem go dey catch una
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by emmanuel596(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
This days robbers,lesbians,gays,rapist,boko haram illiterates and Nolly wood hoes gets more fame and relevance online more than we that are struggling to make a good name for ourselves cry cry cry cry cry

I weep for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by Elzends(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
Mtchwww, just here to check names

Sum pipo shaa

*grabs car keys and zooms outta thread#

2 Likes

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by falconey(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
Aminat508:

sorry dear, you see? If I were your man this can't happen to you, you will have a purse carrier maid.

8 Likes

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by ketekete: 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
See em koro koro eyes.. rubbish!.
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by DONSMITH123(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
Aminat508:

eya....pele my pretty friend grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by hyfr(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
NCA- Name Checkers Association. Are we good to go?
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by Abayor7: 8:28am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by passionate88: 8:28am On Oct 06, 2015
Hausa spoiling Nigeria code day since 1956.

“We operate around that area during day and night. My
receiver is an Igbo man who owns a shop at Mile 2 in
Lagos. I sold Nokia and Techno phones to him and any
other stolen valuables including wrist-watches and
jewellery. I am ready to cooperate with the Police to
arrest other members of the gang”.

Snitch. So he can't bear the heat and he resorted to robbery? No wonder Bubu want to pay the 15 million poorest ABO*K! S 5k monthly.
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by g4everybody(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2015
Life imprisonment will be ok for him
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by fotadmowmend(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by RealAlfranco: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2015
Aminat508:

sorry o grin grin

6 Likes

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by Joel1919: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2015
Are you tired of losing
your money to
Bookies Do you wanna win through football bets? IT'S
amazing how much Is won through fixed
match...add on www.fb.com/joel.kenya1
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by webshopng1(m): 8:30am On Oct 06, 2015
Shine your eye

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by tinziemaine(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2015
danaiks:
Cunning man die........ angry
correct one
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by Abayor7: 8:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Aminat508:
laff wan tear my belle.... U no see stars and rainbow? grin

2 Likes

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by 360ng: 8:31am On Oct 06, 2015
See his face angry
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by awesomesossy(f): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Tah it's a lie....Op wat do u mean...how u go say dis guy de disguise....a whole scarvenger himself cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by catalanscrew(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2015
After all this story you'll not hear anything about the SCAVENGER man again
#oneluvNigeriapolice
Re: I Disguise As Scavenger To Rob ─ Suspect (Pictured) by BillDesmond2much(m): 8:32am On Oct 06, 2015
.He's gonna die cos of a few thousand naira notes(nt up to 5k) and a phone. No surprise say him babe follow dey comment for this thread sef, as im don enter hand she no go sabi am again o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Night Guard Led Gang To Rob Community ─ Police (Photo) / SARS Officer Killed In Gun Battle With Cattle Rustlers In Nasarawa State. Photo / EFCC Arrests 40 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.