Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,498 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: (2966 Views)

We’ll Expose Jonathan If EFCC Arrests Us — Ex- Associates / Senate Terminates REMITA Contract And Orders Prosecution Of Culprits / Pay Us Our Money Or We’ll Expose How You Rigged March 28 Elections –adhoc Staffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by SkyBlue1: 9:42am On May 13, 2009
proudly9ja:

[size=15pt]Aondoakaa's clock

35 days left
[/size]

You know it would be more effective if you could actually publicise this whole count down clock idea more, so that Aondakaa actually sees it himself because all you guys are doing right now is equivalent to threatening a guy who is not even aware of your existence. If you were serious we could join heads together and find ways of getting this in the public conciousness of Nigerians both home and abroad and get the government to actually see this. Strategies could be employed to actually make this more efficient than "warning" a guy via  'posts of death' who doesn't even know he is being mocked or threatened. Let us stop shouting in the desert but take the struggle to the relevant doorsteps and go beyond posts on nairaland. Back it up a bit is all I am saying.

Imagine front page headlines like "35 Days left for Aondakaa" to get people reading, then in the paper would be an article which focuses on the failure of leadership in Nigeria but more importantly on the complete loss of hope and faith the citizens have in the Nigerian government, make reference to Obama (people just eat that thing up), blah blah blah, say stuff like here is one man who actually has a chance to redeem himself, ask the question - can our politicians be true to their word? Print in bold the promise Aondoakaa made after of course drawing parallels of unkept promises with power sector emergency, rule of law, etc. Finally lead up to the countdown. Getting an article like that on the front page of a Nigerian daily and on credible forums and bigger sites, etc, is a start. Although it might be quite a task, it would be more effective than posting a 'warning' on nairaland.
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2009
@ sky

When I started this countdown, I mentioned all you stated above including looking for suggestions on how to get Nigerian Newspapers put up a similar countdown on a small corner on their frontpage. However, I got no positive feedback but I don't mind and I am not doing this for the AG to see or to feel threatened, not at all. Like I said on earlier posts, I will like him to disappoint me and post the names of those involved within the time frame he gave. I will very much love him to disappoint me. I for one don't think he will but lets see.

So, its not to threaten him, its just to raise an awareness that the AG made a statement some weeks ago and if he doesn't lve up to it, then he has proved what we all know, he is nothing but a liar and nothing he says should be believed.
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by SkyBlue1: 9:58am On May 13, 2009
proudly9ja:

@ sky

When I started this countdown, I mentioned all you stated above including looking for suggestions on how to get Nigerian Newspapers put up a similar countdown on a small corner on their frontpage. However, I got no positive feedback but I don't mind and I am not doing this for the AG to see or to feel threatened, not at all. Like I said on earlier posts, I will like him to disappoint me and post the names of those involved within the time frame he gave. I will very much love him to disappoint me. I for one don't think he will but lets see.

So, its not to threaten him, its just to raise an awareness that the AG made a statement some weeks ago and if he doesn't lve up to it, then he has proved what we all know, he is nothing but a liar and nothing he says should be believed.

That is my point, do you think awareness is being raised? It is actually a good venture if well done and could actually put serious pressure on the government if properly employed. However at the moment it is equivalent to a child threatening self harm if he doesn't get a new toy, only that his parent aren't even aware of his request to begin with.
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 10:14am On May 13, 2009
sir,
your analogy is wrong. Il put it this way. a child's parents promise to buy him a toy for xmas but he does not believe them cos they have disapppointed in the past. Anyways, he gives them the benefit of doubt hoping they will ''disappoint'' him and buy him the toy. He waits till xmas and beyond and they don't buy him the toy. He isn't disappointed, he has just proven his point, that his parents should never be relied on. Simple.

Anyways, this thread is not for me. The countdown is not for my benefit alone. If there is anything you think should be done and you can do to make it better, please feel free. I don't have any copyright on it. Afterall, no be ''be the change that you want to see'' them dey talk?
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by SkyBlue1: 12:31pm On May 13, 2009
proudly9ja:

sir,
your analogy is wrong. Il put it this way. a child's parents promise to buy him a toy for xmas but he does not believe them cos they have disapppointed in the past. Anyways, he gives them the benefit of doubt hoping they will ''disappoint'' him and buy him the toy. He waits till xmas and beyond and they don't buy him the toy. He isn't disappointed, he has just proven his point, that his parents should never be relied on. Simple.

Anyways, this thread is not for me. The countdown is not for my benefit alone. If there is anything you think should be done and you can do to make it better, please feel free. I don't have any copyright on it. Afterall, no be ''be the change that you want to see'' them dey talk?

LOL @"sir". Oga sir it was just a suggestion smiley. I still disagree with your analogy though because if the exercise fails then who have you proven the point to? Nairaland "commentators"? I actually think it is a good exercise, I just think it would be much more significant if he "fails" in broad daylight and the point was proven in broad daylight to Nigerians hence the need for more publicity which might create pressure. Anyways, I am quite busy at the moment but I will try and reach some people and see how much publicity can be raised. We will talk later 'sir' smiley
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 12:55pm On May 13, 2009
lol @ Sir, U no happy say I dey rate you at the same level with people like 'sir' Alex of one club like that.

Anyways, like I said, Im not out to prove any point and infact, I do not intend to put any pressure on mr AG to name names. All Nigerians know the guy for what he is and I can bet not even this issue of Halliburton can change the situation. No be one wise man talk say a leopard cannot change its spots? And my country for what she is, I won't be surprised if the guy comes out when the deadline ends and tells us that the money was actually in an anonymous account or something of that nature. Infact, my belief is they will bring someone out and nail it on him/her as a scape goat. After all, where is Fryo of the famed Bola Ige saga? Is Omisore not a senator in our 'esteemed' parliament now?

So in all, I already know who the AG is, this is just going to be an addition to their file of lies and ''thiefry'' but like I said, go ahead and publicise if you wanna. Ild be glad to help in whatever way.
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 12:42am On May 18, 2009

30 days left
[/size]
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2009
I shall do the honors of calling in on Wazobia to remind lagosians of Anaconda's promise to bite the issue and swallow the culprits
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by mustafar1: 3:09pm On May 21, 2009
[size=20pt]Aondoakaa's clock

27 days left[/size]
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 12:02am On May 22, 2009

26 days left
[/size]
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 9:41am On May 27, 2009

21 days left
[/size]
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 9:45am On May 27, 2009
ps: I have noticed that whenever I want to post on this thread I usually get a 504 Gateway Timeout and most times have to device a new way to post. This doesnt happen when I post on other threads. Does this happen to anyone else? If yes, is there a reason for it?
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 8:46am On Jun 04, 2009

13 days left
[/size]

Update : Etete and Obaseki remanded in prison.

We will still like to know who the top people are ie the former presidents involved!
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:25am On Jun 04, 2009
it will never happen, you think a cataclysmic buffoon like the CJ will actually put it in his agenda to do some progressive and positive work? he is in on the take from various ex-governors, serving governors, 419ners etc

Bastard he is
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 08, 2009
[size=18pt]10 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
mikeansy:

[size=18pt]10 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!![/size]

10 days left for Okiro and Aondoakaa to prove to us that they are not the liars that we already perceive them to be!
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by MrCrackles(m): 9:45pm On Jun 08, 2009
Anyone waiting for those vagabonds, will prolly wait till thy kingdom come! grin
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by bawomolo(m): 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2009
ha ha good one
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2009

9 days left
[/size]

like Shakespeare said, To be or not to be, that is the question!
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2009

8 days left
[/size]
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by deor03(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2009
proudly9ja:

Aondoakaa's clock

8 days left

We need to start a countdown for Power supply also ( 6000Mwatts)
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2009
deor03:

We need to start a countdown for Power supply also ( 6000Mwatts)
lol, they have already indirectly told us that it won't be possible this year again due to the economic downturn, lol, did u expect anything different?
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by proudly9ja(m): 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2009

4 days left!!!
[/size]
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by McKren(m): 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2009
I hope our journalists will remind Aondoakaa and co that 8 weeks has ellapsed
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by ow11(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2009
proudly9ja:

4 days left!!!
[/size]

He is just a load mouth and will do nothing to brush up his waning popularity. I however do wish we had a vibrant press that will do this you are doing!
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by dominique(f): 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2009
Good work proudly9ja and co, you really delivered. . .come thursday lets play out try what he'll propably come out with

A
unfortunately the culprits have not been revealed, he'll ask for more time and assure us that mike okiro is not going to leave any stone unturned and urge us to be patient and give the police any valuable information.

or
B
he'll parade a bunch of unknown individuals to the press as the "culprits" and commend the police for their good work.

either way, i'm not holding my breath to find out
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by DDbrown1: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2009
Its only mouth jare. Nothing will happen when the time come so no need to count.
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by McKren(m): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2009
This will be an indictment on Nigeria press if no one calls out Micheal Aondoakaa on his promise
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2009
folks you can do something on this issue

just go to the contact us page for any newspaper

copy their email, send them a message to call out the AGF on his promise

It does not mean that anything will change it's just to remind the AGF we were counting and that he has failed on his promise

Start emailing now
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by dominique(f): 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2009
thats an idea. . . but how frustrating will it be if/when nothing is done about it undecided
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by MrCrackles(m): 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2009
McKren:

This will be an indictment on Nigeria press if no one calls out Micheal Aondoakaa on his promise

Even if someone calls him out on it, he will shrug it off
Bastards, thieves, illiterates and vagabonds in high places, that is the case in Nigeria!
Re: Halliburton: We’ll Expose Culprits In 8 Weeks — Okiro, Aondoakaa Says: by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2009
the process of re-calibrating values does not get done in a day.

Public anger may not mean much to politicians today

but surely it will mean tomorrow

Please lets not be too cynical, lets just do something even it amounts to nothing.

See how people used Facebook, and text Mesages in Iranian election to bring themselves together and do something about the status quo. Ahmedinajad has not left power but it sends a message that they have to do something differently.

We can not continue to come hear waist our time shouting about our leaders when the slightest thing about sending an email to a news organisation we shy away from it.

Do you know how many times people have use e-mails and text messages to shape policies arround the world.
If you were a News Editor / congessman and u arrive on Monday Morning on your desk and recieve tonnes of emails from thousands of people on a particualr issue you will only be a fool not to act on that issue.

So please just act.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asaba Court: Judge Awokulehin Clears James Ibori, To Deliver Lecture At Uniben. / Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race / Okoya-Thomas : Serena Williams Made Me Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.