Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race (2961 Views)

INEC Declares Apc’s Amosun Winner Of Ogun Governorship Election / Full Ogun Governorship Election Results / Dimeji Bankole Kicked Out Of Ogun Governorship Race 24hrs To Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by aloyemeka1: 2:57am On Jan 11, 2011
[size=14pt]Kayode Soyinka joins Ogun governorship race[/size]
By Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji
January 10, 2011 05:11AM

A senior journalist, Kayode Soyinka, at the weekend in Abeokuta. formally declared his candidacy for the seat of the Ogun State governor on the platform of Action Congress of Nigeria {ACN}, stating that his mission is to use his international experience and clout to bring back the lost glory of the state.

Mr. Soyinka made this known at a press conference held at the party secretariat, Abeokuta, yesterday. The aspirant who is contesting for the ticket of the party for the third attempt, said he has resolved to remain committed to the party’s ideology in spite of his earlier loss, just as he gave credit to the leaders of the party. He rolled out his manifesto at the declaration, which covers health, education, agriculture, housing, poverty eradication, pension, industrialisation, women and youth development, childcare support and welfare of elderly, sports development, and safeguarding of treasured past.

The aspirant said he has the qualities it takes to rule the state successful, adding that the state at this point need a person of his status.

“That is why, with all humility and high sense of service, I, Oluwakayode Adedeji Soyinka, offer myself to our noble state as the man with all these attributes,” he said.

“And, therefore, with the grace of God and the support of our people, present myself for the job of the governor of Ogun State in 2011. I am a man of very high standards, simple lifestyle, single-minded, and highly focused. I have the ability to look at problems, analyse and find the most practical solutions to them, and seek new horizon for our people,” he added.

Sincere politician

Mr. Soyinka, who said Ogun State is one with a proud tradition and an unbeatable record of achievements, said: “I believe that Ogun State has a lot to gain from my wealth of national and international experience and clout.” The publisher of Africa Today magazine and politician said it was high time his party, the Action Congress of Nigeria {ACN}, flush out the ruling Peoples Democratic Party {PDP} from power.

“Kayode Soyinka is tailor-made for Ogun State governorship. This indeed is the unity candidate our great party needs to flush out the discredited PDP government from the state and bring the ACN back to recover our hold on and lost glory of our noble state,” Mr. Soyinka said

Chairman of the party, Tajudeen Bello, described Mr. Soyinka as a sincere politician, noting that despite his two earlier attempts which did not yield positive results, he did not take offence and was still committed to the party.

“Soyinka is a politician of and with honour,” he said. “He contested twice for the party governorship ticket, but didn’t get it, yet he is not disturbed nor take offence with anybody, but remains committed to the party. This is an indication that he is a genuine loyal member of the party, and deserves and qualifies to lead the party for the race,” Mr. Bello said.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5662455-147/kayode_soyinka_joins_ogun_governorship_race.csp
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by dempeople(m): 3:22am On Jan 11, 2011
Oh I see. You almost got me thinking what da heck. . . cheesy
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by mystikal(m): 4:21am On Jan 11, 2011
I for talk
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by ekubear1: 5:44am On Jan 11, 2011
Lol. This reminds me of how in Spanish-speaking cultures, Jesús is a common name.

I'm tempted to name my son Jesús. Who could resist voting for Jesús in Nigeria? wink
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 11, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinguished_Gentleman

jeff johnson, the name you known cheesy cheesy cheesy

aloy why u dey do thread name cunny cunny like some dubious nlers cheesy cheesy
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by obyann(f): 11:56am On Jan 11, 2011
hmmmmmmmm, thought it's the pop Soyinka
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by violent(m): 11:57am On Jan 11, 2011
haha, this reminds me of the Remora Fish and the Shark.
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by shadrach77: 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2011
for those who do not know - this guy kayode soyinka was the same guy who was on the dining table eating with the late dele giwa on the very day he was parcel-bombed - infact the parcel was opened right in front of this same guy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by bisiaet: 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2011
Please Seun can you edit this thread headline like this " Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun State Governorship Race" because I was shock by just seen Soyinka but when I open it I now see it was Kayode and not Wole. I rest assure many will be confuse seen the topic at first.
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by jfking2005(m): 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2011
HA!!!, na only name sake, i for talk say,
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by liaslo1(m): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2011
i for say na,

abeg mod should edit the Topic
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2011
FALLACY OF EQUIVOCATION. shocked shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
Oh Boy Do I love Logic and Philosophy.
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by leboss6(m): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2011
what is this crap why is nairaland making a fuss bout nufin you guys better watch is before you lose your credibility, mtcheww
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by Intrepid1(m): 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2011
Who's he? The man just wants a commissioner post or something!
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by Esiere: 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2011
i beg change dt name to kayode soyinka. U almost got me lost at work. U cant imagine d speed with which i opened it.
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by NaijaEcash(m): 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2011
Fear for catch me! I was wondering why Uncle Wole will stoop so low. I guess the poster caught many of us off-guard.  cheesy
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by sirabbey(m): 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2011
Okay, let's put it in clear terms, we ( every commentator and reader ) thought it was the indefatigable, "Nobel laurate brandishing", wild white haired and word coining wordsmith Uncle Wole Soyinka is at it again. But we are pleasantly disappointed and wish to remain so on this matter.
Mighty Gbosa for the "authentic" Soyinka.
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by lwise(m): 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2011
mtchewwww
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by blapo(m): 1:25pm On Jan 11, 2011
I thought as much, am sure the real Soyinka will not want to soil his name. dealing with the kind of politicians in Ogun state would lead to name soiling for Uncle Wole.
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by leboss6(m): 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2011
i just noticed that this misleadind topic as been removed from front page and i am elated that the goverment of Nairaland is a listening one, Three Gbosa's for you guys, GBOS! GBOSA!!GBOSA!!!
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by semid4lyfe(m): 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2011
oyb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinguished_Gentleman

jeff johnson, the name you known cheesy cheesy cheesy

aloy why u dey do thread name cunny cunny like some dubious nlers cheesy cheesy

Aloy does it a lot

Can this Soyinka dude get the ACN ticket ahead of Osoba? Hmmm, I don't think so
Re: Kayode Soyinka Joins Ogun Governorship Race by ochukoccna: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Can this Soyinka dude get the ACN ticket ahead of Osoba? Hmmm, I don't think so
Which Osoba? Former governor or his son?
If na former gov, let him leave the stage and stbalize the polity like hin mates e.g. the Lam Adeshinas of this age.
If na the son [as I saw in Punch he was seeking an ACN ticket], what claim does he have to it save for he is Osoba's son?
What has he achieved on his own without the influence of his father? angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) / Nigerian Presidency And Turn-by-turn Failure / Largest Fraud in Africa Discovered Between NNPC And Swiss Oil Traders!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.