Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole (575 Views)

Nigeria Earns N2.5trn From Petroleum Products Export In 3 Months / Rot In NNPC: Corporation Failed To Remit N2.5trn In 10 Years —report / Nigeria Seals N4.5trn Trade Pact With UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole by HungerBAD: 4:07am On Oct 07, 2015
Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole has alleged that the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan diverted over N3.5 trillion pension funds.

Oshiomhole made the allegation in an interview with State House journalists Tuesday shortly after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.

The governor said a lot of money was stolen under Jonathan's watch, alleging that Jonathan's government diverted the pension funds to recurrent expenditure.

"The truth is that a lot of money was stolen and what you're seeing is just a tip of the iceberg because when you imagine what accrues to Nigeria consistently from $140 (per barrel) averaging $108 over a long period of time, and yet your treasury is empty, and you were running a budget deficit, you were devoting 85 percent of your budget for four consecutive years to recurrent, you were borrowing and you draw the entire pensions fund.

"Yesterday (Monday), I saw a lot of analysis of how pension funds should be invested on infrastructure. You challenge the Pencom and the Ministry of finance, you will discover that over N3.5trillion was drawn down by the previous government from pension funds to support recurrent expenditure, not to support infrastructure.

"There have been probes, there have been revelations. Where whistle blowers have been removed from office, they became guilty for speaking out. I believe time will tell how much was taken and who was involved. I think what you are hearing now is like appetizer. Its sickening. It used to come from America, now its British", he said.

Oshiomole said he was not surprised by the recent arrest of former Petroleum Resources Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke by the United Kingdom National Crimes Agency for crimes related to bribery, corruption and money laundering.

Diezani and her brothers, who are directors of Hadley Petroleum Solutions Limited, are on trial for alleged bribery, corruption and money laundering in London.

Oshiomhole described the revelations and discoveries made so far in the ex-minister's case as a tip of the iceberg and an appetiser given the monumental corruption perpetrated under the last administration.

He said: "For me, I don't think anybody should be surprised because the most favourable commentator on the Nigerian condition, on the economy, the polity and society, agree that our economy was badly managed over the past several years. I've not seen any commentator that disagrees even when they talk about rebasing and so on. Have you rebased the level of poverty, unemployment, homelessness and hunger?

On the involvement of the Federal Government in the ex-minister's arrest in London, Oshiomhole said: "It is not about who has a hand in what. I think it is about law and order. In other climes, institutions do their work, they're not at the beck and call of political authority, they've their mandate and the law specifies this and it's scrupulously followed.

"I'm the happiest person because I have been in government for seven years without being in power. I was in government, I couldn't call a commissioner of police and talk as a security officer. I am haunted by all manners of persons. You kill the snake in Edo, they'll put the snake on life support in Abuja and they keep harassing us. Now, all those venoms are dead and buried. For the first time, I'm excited and happy; not just for personal benefit, but for the changes I am beginning to see.

"They have not started scrutinising, just blocking the holes, its no longer flowing like before and so the propensity to indulge in those fraudulent habits already curbing themselves. People are regaining sanity, human rationality is returning and the idle class that makes money without office or business address whose only address is an ipad and cell phone with appropriate phone numbers are all lamenting and not sure of tomorrow".

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/jonathan-diverted-n3-5trn-pension-funds-oshiomhole/113890.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole by donsteady(m): 4:19am On Oct 07, 2015
This man was a responsible person before, but since after he got married to this lady he has talking like some one with malfunctioning brain. God help us.
Re: Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole by Republlican(f): 4:26am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole by benpedro(m): 4:49am On Oct 07, 2015
That ugly goat again..masturbating with GEJ smh
Re: Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole by ORACLE1975(m): 4:49am On Oct 07, 2015
bros are u sure?
Re: Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole by nationwide1(m): 4:55am On Oct 07, 2015
As long as it's Oshiomole that has said it, then I'm 100 % sure that it never happened, that it is a lie.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole by Firefire(m): 5:06am On Oct 07, 2015
OSHI-OMO-OLE

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole by ajani1978(m): 5:11am On Oct 07, 2015
Gej should come out and defend himself. Silence is not the best answer for him on this issue
Re: Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole by KINGSNEEZE(m): 5:58am On Oct 07, 2015
ajani1978:
Gej should come out and defend himself. Silence is not the best answer for him on this issue
your own reasoning tho! So if Gej should come out and start defending himself against Oshiomhole you will be happy? Who is oshiomole to question Gej? Nooo in d hierarchy of dignitaries in this country, who Adams? To come and be summoning Gej? U too reason well na

(1) (Reply)

Ogbeh Avoids Question On His Forced Resignation As PDP Chair By OBJ / US Considering Visa Ban, Financial Sanctions Against Diezani Alison-madueke / See VP Osinbajo Playing Sweet Love With His Cute Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.