Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,101 members, 7,849,436 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

Going Green, Would You Carpool? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Going Green, Would You Carpool? (3408 Views)

Pic; The Green Scorpion I Killed Tonight @10:05PM / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk / The Green Card Game: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2009
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2009
davidylan:

We are but a tiny subset of the planet so forget this arrogant idea that we can "save" the planet.
So you find arrogance in the action we're taking today to make the world a better place tomor?

Yes of course, having less cars on the roads won't only "save" the planet. Like I said before, one step at a time.

davidylan:

We ruined the planet in the first place . . . how are you going to "save" the sahara desert?
We know we ruined the planet, thank you.
Here we're trying to do as much as we can to reduce pollution and you're bickering about SAHARA desert?
Yes, one of cause of our problems today is because of the Sahara desert, but that's a major step.
You think telling people to stop using anything made of tree or any of those major steps is going to work?
We're talking about westernized countries here where almost everything centers around luxury, and you think simply saying "Let's save the Sahara and stop cutting down trees" is going to work?!

Any which way we can get people to start reacting to the GO GREEN slogan, we'll take. Today is recycling and carpooling, tomor might be another step.

You've got to be kidding me!

davidylan:

How will you "save" the polar ice caps from melting? By parking ur car at home and using less nylon?
By doing marathons and raising money to "save" the planet?
No, I won't only stop using nylon bag, I'll go on a hunger strike. undecided

davidylan:

When did Africans start buying into white propaganda about "saving" the planet?
What is it, David?
Have they asked you to the the impossible?
Have they asked you to sell your stoves, your home, and deceased using electricity to save the planet?

What exactly is it that the thought of carpooling and recycling oh so vex you?

It's a white propaganda, that's why Lagos has been cleaning up and looking (and might I say, smelling. . .) nice?

davidylan:

I suppose we shld learn more about the planet we propose to save . . . your car is not the one ruining the planet. Perhaps if you guys buldozed your cities and replaced them with forests that would be a good place to start.
Of course, write a letter to the mayor and tell him to bulldoze his city. grin grin

And oh yea, make sure to give him another region to move his people.

David, one step at a time.

Plz abeg, you're right jare. Let's tear down Rochester grin grin grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2009
davidylan:

1. Reduce human population from 6 billion to less than 1 billion . . . plenty of manure for the earth and food for our animals.
Your plans?
A genocide or . . . .?

davidylan:

here's the best way to "save" the planet . . .
2. Bulldoze most of your cities . . . leave the forests for animals.
And those people being sheltered in those cities nko?

Anywaz, I say we start from Rochester cheesy cheesy

davidylan:

3. Stop cutting down trees to make ur furniture,, stop buying wool coats made from the fur of animals.
I support this. Why don't we also stop using plastics overall.

I mean, metal is fine by me. grin grin

davidylan:

4. Those belts you make from crocodile skin . . . stop it!
rotflmao confession time?
How many of them do you have?

Do you know what [i]your [/i]belt is made from? wink

davidylan:

5. Eliminate all chemicals from the planet (CFCs have done more to destroy the ozone layer all the cars on earth combined) . . ,
SMH embarassed embarassed
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2009
I prefer taking a train to driving.

way cheaper too.

Only reason I bother turning my driver's permit to a license was cos my job is far from a train station

If you dont put recyclables in the right bags, the city will ignore your garbage. so while all the sane people have their garbage picked, you'd be the only bloody Nigerian with stinkinmg garbage in front of your house

keep being stubborn
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by macro: 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2009
cool
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2009
Yea, The trains here sucks. I think they just run through one kain direction.

From the train, you'll need a ride.

And I am NOT riding the City Bus. Gross ppl full inside it embarassed
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Hauwa1: 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2009
those city bus ewww, they smell bad funky, many pple with unwashed teeth and pata in there, being in it only once and will never go in there again lai lai shocked
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2009
*Hauwa*:

those city bus ewww, they smell bad funky, many pple with unwashed teeth and pata in there, being in it only once and will never go in there again lai lai shocked
I know right!

Last time I took it, I saw a lady throwing up phlegm into a cup and touching the standing pole. I stopped on the next stop and called for a ride.

sick angry angry
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Hauwa1: 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2009
ummmm Rochester ummmm  wink
seems pple there are really conservatives  undecided
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Hauwa1: 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2009
lol, what did you do? lol. i am laughing real hard. did you warn her to safe the planet and not put that in a recyclable plastic? hehehe eeewwww
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2009
why am I not surprised. as fancy as they try to be Florida is filled with rednecks and white trash. shey na only phlegm you saw that time  cheesy
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2009
*Hauwa*:

lol, what did you do? lol. i am laughing real hard. did you warn her to safe the planet and not put that in a recyclable plastic? hehehe eeewwww
angry angry grin grin grin That was a few years back. Yes, I would have told her to recycle the paper cup grin grin

I got my butt home home and took a half and hour bath. scrubbed my hands hard embarassed

ThiefOfHearts:

why am I not surprised. as fancy as they try to be Florida is filled with rednecks and white trash. shey na only phlegm you saw that time cheesy
Thank you. After Rochester, I say your city should be bulldozed next! cheesy cheesy
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:03pm On Apr 23, 2009
Olowo lon jaiye
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Olowo lon jaiye
rotfl
e rora ma jaiye lo grin grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by AloyEmeka9: 12:25am On Apr 24, 2009
Does eating isi ewu with green bottle(star) instead of guiness stout count as going green?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Does eating isi ewu with green bottle(star) instead of guiness stout count as going green?
angry angry angry No!

It's either you start drinking tap water to stop drinking [b]bottled [/b]water. Sth like that
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by AloyEmeka9: 12:37am On Apr 24, 2009
It's either you start drinking tap water to stop drinking bottled water. Sth like that
So you want Nigerian breweries and other beverage companies in Nigeria to close down and render millions jobless because we want to be green?. our flag is green enough to count us in; Don't you think so? wink wink
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

So you want Nigerian breweries and other beverage companies in Nigeria to close down and render millions jobless because we want to be green?. our flag is green enough to count us in; Don't you think so? wink wink
You got me there grin grin

Okay, you can recycle your bottles then. Instead of throwing them in the streets or the gutters tongue

Ahhh humbug!! Our flag is green, but are we GOING GREEN? cry cry
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Here we're trying to do as much as we can to reduce pollution and you're bickering about SAHARA desert?

I said and i will repeat again - many of you dancing to the "go green" slogan know next to nothing about the pressing problems of the environment. In less than 50yrs from now vast swaths of West Africa will become nothing but dust and sand as far as the eye can see and its plastics and not driving cars that bother you?

Did you know that Mali was once a flourishing desert and that the nile was once a giant river with NO desert in Egypt? Of course not, you can continue living in luxury while deceiving urselves about "going green" . . . it seems to be the latest fad now.

*Toyinrayo:

You think telling people to stop using anything made of tree or any of those major steps is going to work?

probably not but of course it goes to show that the "go green" phenomenon is hypocrisy. The less trees you cut, the more you can conserve the forest and the less we have to worry about animal extinction, increased animal-human contact, increased competition for prey and in some cases skewing of the natural food chain.

But of course you are more concerned with nylon. You dont have to worry about those animals on the endangered species list because you must have that piece of expensive wood furniture.

*Toyinrayo:

We're talking about westernized countries here where almost everything centers around luxury, and you think simply saying "Let's save the Sahara and stop cutting down trees" is going to work?!

Of course not . . . which is why i said i'm sick to death of hearing the "go green" slogan. While you're busy "going green" . . . europe and America continously dump tons of toxic nuclear waste in Africa's waters . . . heard of the koko waste incidence of 1988 in Delta state? Heard of the over 300 Somali's who died from toxic nuclear waste exposure?

Nah . . . you can just worry about packing your fancy cars at home twice a week all in the name of "going green". At least you have your electricity powered by nuclear stations . . . let the poor africans worry about the waste . . .

*Toyinrayo:

Any which way we can get people to start reacting to the GO GREEN slogan, we'll take. Today is recycling and carpooling, tomor might be another step.

We've been recycling for donkey yrs . . . where has that got us? Sorry the polar ice caps are melting at even faster rates than when we didnt even know what recycling was. Yup just go green.

*Toyinrayo:

What is it, David?
Have they asked you to the the impossible?
Have they asked you to sell your stoves, your home, and deceased using electricity to save the planet?

Now you're begining to mention REAL planet saving alternatives.

*Toyinrayo:

What exactly is it that the thought of carpooling and recycling oh so vex you?

Because its all a fancy fad that does nothing but continue perpetuating the cycle of hypocrisy.

*Toyinrayo:

It's a white propaganda, that's why Lagos has been cleaning up and looking (and might I say, smelling. . .) nice?

As dirty as Lagos is, it hasnt polluted the atmosphere 1/1000th as much as NewYork or China has. go figure.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 24, 2009
Gosh David. You know how I hate reading long posts lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by AloyEmeka9: 12:44am On Apr 24, 2009
You got me there   

Okay, you can recycle your bottles then. Instead of throwing them in the streets or the gutters 

Ahhh humbug!! Our flag is green, but are we GOING GREEN?
You see we are green already. All we need is for you people in obodo oyibo to throw away your non green stuff so we fit importam into naija for the poor ones to enjoy it for some time before going greener. We became green decades ago. Efon, ugu, ugboguru, anyu etc all na green.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

You got me there  grin grin

Okay, you can recycle your bottles then. Instead of throwing them in the streets or the gutters  tongue

Ahhh humbug!! Our flag is green, but are we GOING GREEN?  cry cry

We are 100,000 times greener than the US . . . compared to China we must be living in the stone age when it comes to "going green".

More questions for the greeners - where does the gas that fills your cars come from? Try taking a look at the Niger delta to see what oil exploration does to land. Drill baby drill! We can recycle our beer bottles tomorrow and cry about "going green".
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by No2Atheism(m): 1:01am On Apr 24, 2009
All this green nonsense is just nonsense , and merely a means for more taxation,

I just pity anyone that buys into such bullshit,

-------------------
I have never come across a business man that makes money by losing money, (that's only possible if one follows the bible),

Green nonsense is just a means for NWO to further control our lives and living standard so as to make them richer and us poorer,

--------------------
Africans have always been green from the word go, Africans have always learnt to adapt to the evironment and not pollute or force the environment to adapt to them,

The west is just making a lot of propaganda out of the environmentalism nonsense, despite the fact that history shows that the West is responsible for most of the environmental pollution in the modern age,

--------------------

Yes pollution is bad ,
Yes am against any form of pollution , 
Nitrogen is not bad cause its part of the air we breathe ,
CO2 is not a pollutant cus its needed by plants to grow and produce our food, rather its industrial pollutants that are the problem,
but does using a poisinous and expensive mecury tinted green bulb better in the long run than finding a more efficient, cheaper and cleaner source of power generation, 
Methane is produced naturally when animals pass the gas or fart,

-----------------

Hence can you please explain to me how Carbon Taxation is justfiable knowing that:

- The Earth has always been in a cycle of cooling and warming (even when man did not have technology or machines)
- Global Warming is also occuring on other planets in the solar system (hence can't possibly be caused by man since there is no man or industry on those other planets)
- CO2, Methane and Nitrogen are naturally occurring gases that are part of the cycle of life, hence calling them pollutants is something blatantly wrong.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

I said and i will repeat again - many of you dancing to the "go green" slogan know next to nothing about the pressing problems of the environment. In less than 50yrs from now vast swaths of West Africa will become nothing but dust and sand as far as the eye can see and its plastics and not driving cars that bother you?

Did you know that Mali was once a flourishing desert and that the nile was once a giant river with NO desert in Egypt? Of course not, you can continue living in luxury while deceiving urselves about "going green" . . . it seems to be the latest fad now
Lol, so because the people in West Africa are not helping the GO GREEN slogan, we should forget about the 3Rs and focus on west africa?

So because West Africa dey, we shouldn't do the little we can over here to help clean up?

Oh yea, so many people in Africa are suffering from hunger, so we should take all our resources there because others here don't matter.

David, we're talking about the little people (working women, kids, and working men) can do and you're talking about the problems in Africa and the establishments that can be done on it. Do you thin these people have the time to go to Africa and work on it?

No, don't get me wrong, I'm not against your idea. But I just don't understand how the concept of Going green upsets you so much undecided

Did you know that Mali was once a flourishing desert and that the nile was once a giant river with NO desert in Egypt? Of course not, you can continue living in luxury while deceiving urselves about "going green" . . . it seems to be the latest fad now.
So we should all carry our broom and go and sweep it out?

probably not but of course it goes to show that the "go green" phenomenon is hypocrisy. The less trees you cut, the more you can conserve the forest and the less we have to worry about animal extinction, increased animal-human contact, increased competition for prey and in some cases skewing of the natural food chain.
I'm sure you understand how recycling and reusing can help the so called trees.

If people begin to understand what going means and how it works, then they can do the little they can to help. People love progress, if progress presents itself, what's stopping them from doing more.
Who knows, we might come up with another alternative for wood, such as the hybrid cars.

But of course you are more concerned with nylon. You dont have to worry about those animals on the endangered species list because you must have that piece of expensive wood furniture.
Oh dare me, so I gave one example and I'm being yabbed for it.

Well sue me angry angry

Of course not . . . which is why i said i'm sick to death of hearing the "go green" slogan. While you're busy "going green" . . . europe and America continously dump tons of toxic nuclear waste in Africa's waters . . . heard of the koko waste incidence of 1988 in Delta state? Heard of the over 300 Somali's who died from toxic nuclear waste exposure?

Nah . . . you can just worry about packing your fancy cars at home twice a week all in the name of "going green". At least you have your electricity powered by nuclear stations . . . let the poor africans worry about the waste . . .
Everything should be done in moderation.

I hope you don't expect industries to suddenly stop their production and toxic amount of waste being produced with it. Where does our money come from? undecided

Where does our technology come from?

You're basically asking for us to go back to the stone age.

We've been recycling for donkey yrs . . . where has that got us? Sorry the polar ice caps are melting at even faster rates than when we didnt even know what recycling was. Yup just go green.
Sorry baby, but with the mindset like yours, I'm not sure people have been recycling jack! angry

If you continue to think it a waste of time and that it shouldn't be prioritized, then we'll continue to see negative results.

What we plant, we reap.

Now you're begining to mention REAL planet saving alternatives.

Hmm hmm, of course

As dirty as Lagos is, it hasnt polluted the atmosphere 1/1000th as much as NewYork or China has. go figure.

Many other factors such as job opportunities also a factor for its population na.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

We are 100,000 times greener than the US . . . compared to China we must be living in the stone age when it comes to "going green".

More questions for the greeners - where does the gas that fills your cars come from? Try taking a look at the Niger delta to see what oil exploration does to land. Drill baby drill! We can recycle our beer bottles tomorrow and cry about "going green".

That's why we're saying that if we carpool, less gas would be used. Les cars on the road results in less exhaust emission from automobiles.

But noooooooooooooooo, you ppl hate the idea for God knows what reason undecided

No2Atheism:

All this green nonsense is just nonsense , and merely a means for more taxation,

I just pity anyone that buys into such bullshit,

-------------------
I have never come across a business man that makes money by losing money, (that's only possible if one follows the bible),

Green nonsense is just a means for NWO to further control our lives and living standard so as to make them richer and us poorer,

--------------------
Africans have always been green from the word go, Africans have always learnt to adapt to the evironment and not pollute or force the environment to adapt to them,

The west is just making a lot of propaganda out of the environmentalism nonsense, despite the fact that history shows that the West is responsible for most of the environmental pollution in the modern age,

--------------------

Yes pollution is bad ,
Yes am against any form of pollution ,
Nitrogen is not bad cause its part of the air we breathe ,
However CO2 is not a pollutant cus its needed by plants to grow and produce our food, rather its industrial pollutants that are the problem,
but does using a poisinous and expensive mecury tinted green bulb better in the long run than finding a more efficient, cheaper and cleaner source of power generation,

Gosh, people are so ready to bring Africa into everything.

Do you see anyone blaming AFRICA in my initial post?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by AloyEmeka9: 1:08am On Apr 24, 2009

You dey mind them. When they were building skyscrapers, nuclear weapons and rockets etc, we were warning them that they will destroy this planet but they never listened to us because they thought we couldn't do it because we are mugus. No be we start this civilization before they copied us and over did it. We in africa were capable of building submarines, airplanes etc but we relented because we love this earth wey chineke God put us and foresaw the consequences of building those things. Who is smarter now?. Even their system of govt will soon fail and they will come here in Naija and beg us to teach them how to rig elections. That one may be captioned "going rugged".
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin See you.

No be you dey hijack all this Tecnologies to dey sell am at oshodi? shocked shocked tongue tongue

Talk abt. . . . grin grin
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by No2Atheism(m): 1:10am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

That's why we're saying that if we carpool, less gas would be used. Les cars on the road results in less exhaust emission from automobiles.

But noooooooooooooooo, you ppl hate the idea for God knows what reason  undecided

Gosh, people are so ready to bring Africa into everything.

Do you see anyone blaming AFRICA in my initial post?

I am just giving you a general breakdown of the propaganda known as Global Warming , considering that history shows us that there is always an ulterior motive when a lot of money is being spent by White people under the guise of humanitarian aid or environmentalism,

---------------

@toyinrayo, once again i ask you, are you his blood brother or not his blood brother.

-------------

i dear not antagonise toyosi20's friend,  cheesy one can never know what might happen in future, cheesy
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 24, 2009
@ topic

. . . can't be bothered.
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 24, 2009
No2Atheism:

I am just giving you a general breakdown of the propaganda known as Global Warming , considering that history shows us that there is always an ulterior motive when a lot of money is being spent by White people under the guise of humanitarian aid or environmentalism,
We know where the origin of the problem began.

Is that not also where they're putting the 3R into practice?
Do you see them blaming Africa and asking Africa to do sth?

If you continue to think they oh "Africa didn't start it,t hen they shouldn't do anything", then it's pretty pathetic of you.

What happens in one place have effects in another. If we clean up in Africa ni O, America ni o, Europe ni o, is it not for the better of our tomorrow? undecided

No2Atheism:

@toyinrayo, once again i ask you, are you his blood brother or not his blood brother.
Why is it so important to you?
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by AloyEmeka9: 1:14am On Apr 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka
       See you.

No be you dey hijack all this Tecnologies to dey sell am at oshodi?     

Talk abt. . . .
Na dem hijack the thing from us and we left them because we know say na death dem hijack. wink wink wink
Re: Going Green, Would You Carpool? by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 24, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin "

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wedding And Pre-wedding Photos Of An Inter-tribal Marriage Involving My Cousin / Have You Done A Business That Didn't Work Out As You Expected? Coman Gist Us. / Best Table Top Gas Cooker & Microwave!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.