Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye (77379 Views)

Paul Okoye Reacts To Super Eagles Loss To Argentina / Paul Okoye Shows The Interior Design Of His House (Photo) / Paul Okoye Signed Rihana-Look-Alike, Lucy Because Of The Resemblance? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by LEAFLET(m): 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dolemite:
How ironic, the major reason why Nigerians are poor is because we depend on a god to solve all our problems, if you want this country to work get off your knees and put your hands to work!!! stop praying to a white god that isn't there...
you resemble oyinbo nne!! cutie
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Those developed nations weren't built by prayers.
. . . . someone out there still prayed !

1 Like

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by lauskidlala(m): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
generation this not....case my rest I but....happen can it that possibility a is There...(←read from the end)
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Those developed nations weren't built by prayers.
. . . . someone out there still prayed !
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by anonimi: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
slyfoxxjoe:
Not every part of Nigeria is downtrodden just like NOT EVERY PART OF AMERICA LOOKS LIKE THIS... Mr. Okoye give ya self brain o

See mumu on parole with typical mental LAZINESS excuse of the black man. angry
What % of America is downtrodden?
What % of Nigeria is downtrodden?

And to imagine you asking Paul to give himself brain. What effrontery! sad

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dolemite:
How ironic, the major reason why Nigerians are poor is because we depend on a god to solve all our problems, if you want this country to work get off your knees and put your hands to work!!! stop praying to a white god that isn't there...
You just echoed my sentiments. The first step to our improvement is dumping religion as a whole since it'd create mental space for critical analysis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by BALLOSKI: 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
4stylz:
Na fact; You can insult him but deep down you know no Nigeria cities can really be considered as a livable place; just because they few mansions doesnt make it a better place
that street you see right there is not a residential area, it's a business district. When you go to where people reside , you'd see it as looking like most areas housing our mansions in Nigeria.
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:

someone out there still prayed !

We've been praying since 1960...either we've been saying the wrong prayers OR prayers alone are grossly inadequate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
anonimi:

See mumu on parole with typical mental LAZINESS excuse of the black man. angry
What % of America is downtrodden?
What % of Nigeria is downtrodden?

And to imagine you asking Paul to give himself brain. What effrontery! sad

My boss, they must console themselves na. LOL!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by anonimi: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
princely74:
People made theirs great! Who then will make ours same way? I just hope the right peg is in the right hole this time around! We are tired of Political Promises, lets do things like our lives depend on it! PMB please take the bull by the horn and let Nigerians smile at least for once..................

I am really sorry for you and every Nigerian who thinks this way.

Whatever happened to your-

- LGA Chairman
- LGA Councillor
- state Assembly lawmaker
- state governor
- senator
- representative

What

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Asebaba1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Okoye: your death time is close then because Nigeria will surely be better than this.
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
anonimi:

I am really sorry for you and every Nigerian who thinks this way.

Whatever happened to your-

- LGA Chairman
- LGA Councillor
- state Assembly lawmaker
- state governor
- senator
- representative

What

grin grin grin grin grin....These folks are good comedians.

2 Likes

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by ChukChinCol(m): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
Least or List?
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by anonimi: 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
BALLOSKI:
that street you see right there is not a residential area, it's a business district. When you go to where people reside , you'd see it as looking like most areas housing our mansions in Nigeria.

Really
Abeg show us areas of America's commercial capital New York that look like Ejigbo and what % of NY looks that way compared to the % of Lagos that looks like the pictures below.
Why do we engage in SELF DECEIT so much without understanding how it makes us remain in our perpetual un-evolved primate phase?
Why

asumo12:
EJIGBO IN LAGOS:A TOWN ABANDORNED BY GOD AND GOVERNMENT.
this is an island surrounded by bad road.the suffering in this town is so much than the inhabitants are constantly angry..even at present when every part of nigeria is experiencing constant power due to president buhari body language,ejigbo still suffer constant blackout..except few area in it,many other area still share light..even as we try to watch independent parade they have taken the light again yet we pay the highest light bill.up till now power official go about with leather to cut light..the transformers are obsolete..constant light for a full day usually get the transformer burnt..for how long will this continue..i made bold to say if anyone survive can ejigbo he can confidently survive hell fire..no wonder koboko is used to carry out deliverance in some churches there..the demons are stubborn

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930532_ej_jpeg7ca76d77882e430332e902cf8aa006b9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930562_16560422160281285921341106939761n_jpeg3f246987e7983ce34919c84af33b9495

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930563_1972259216015538593393920249017n_jpeg1ee557ff09d875414c0ae7f91392c013

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930564_16627452179258750690261189497959n_jpeg684673b495a3eebaad6b0b72569e57b0

Smooyis:
One of the streets from the interior of Ejigbo towards NNPC. TRULY A SERIOUS CASE OF NEGLECT.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2931272_img20150911145824_jpeg09c7c1e570296ce96f1380b63cd8358c

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by musicwriter(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
That's called a living city. Unfortunately, his children will not see it, until we invest in science. Because, only science can solve the poverty problem of a nation.

Everything you see there; cars, houses, roads, e.t.c were built by engineers. A product of science.

i.e Science + Engineers = Technology (cars, houses, airplane, good road, ships, fast train) e.t.c.

What he's really wondering subconsciously is, when will Africa learn science?.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
yea I know I will never see Nigeria like that....a failed state.
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Bollinger(m): 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
dearpreye:

an education? No one knows it all.

Agreed. But, there are some things you should know.
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by nickxtra(m): 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
wristbangle:

Rubbish. Are u telling me Paul okoye has never been to all these places. EKO atlantic city is still under construction remember!

I was at Adeola Odeku, south atlantic towers to be precise. There is a road besides that building and I must tell u that road is like pit. There is nothing too special about lagos, PH and FCT. Most cities in South Africa (Johannesburg, capetown, etc) are 100 times better than our cities.
Shit. Am so proud of my country Nigeria that it remains one of the best countries in the world. As for me and my household, V/I and Marina and the upcoming Eko Atlantic is far better than your preference. You can't force me to change my mind, after all beauty, they say, is in the eyes of the beholder. You got that?

1 Like

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Bollinger:

Agreed. But, there are some things you should know.

The most important thing is the MESSAGE he sought to conveyed. I've confused between BEEN and BEING in times past.
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by samscholes: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dolemite:
you are an atheist i see right thru u and am xure u created urself. Pity those that will listen to you.
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by sweetMichael(m): 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
the prayer looks like some one whom his time has come, hope his not dieing?
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by nickxtra(m): 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
byrron:

Really!

Then when they get back to yaba, orile, mushin, oshodi after taking a trip to V/I and Marina in Lagos then the sad feelings about the country returns back abi?

So no slums in your preferred destinations?
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Dolemite(f): 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
RedBenson:

Are you....?

a) Stupid
b) Foolish
c) Dunce

Which nonsense work are you talking about? The same work that Diezani and the likes would rather loot the fund and go buy and develop properties in another man's land and leave Nigeria shattered?

Always keep quiet if you are not sensible enough to post. After all, it's not a must to post. You even had the shameless effrontry to insult God.

And how much do you want to bet that this Diezani doesn't pray to the same god you do? her pastor/bishop etc didn't know she was corrupt? that is the work I am talking about!!

2 Likes

Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by nickxtra(m): 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
wristbangle:

Rubbish. Are u telling me Paul okoye has never been to all these places. EKO atlantic city is still under construction remember!

I was at Adeola Odeku, south atlantic towers to be precise. There is a road besides that building and I must tell u that road is like pit. There is nothing too special about lagos, PH and FCT. Most cities in South Africa (Johannesburg, capetown, etc) are 100 times better than our cities.
Shit. Am so proud of my country Nigeria that it remains one of the best countries in the world. As for me and my household, V/I and Marina and the upcoming Eko Atlantic is far better than your preference. You can't force me to change my mind, after all beauty, they say, is in the eyes of the beholder. You got that?
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by BALLOSKI: 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
anonimi:

Really
Abeg show us areas of America's commercial capital New York that look like Ejigbo and what % of NY looks that way compared to the % of Lagos that looks like the pictures below.
Why do we engage in SELF DECEIT so much without understanding how it makes us remain in our perpetual un-evolved primate phase?
Why

bitter anonimi , read the post I quoted. The guy was trying to compare where we have our mansions in Nigeria(maybe GRA we call it) with a business district in the US, so I was correcting that mindset. I don't say things to deceive myself.
What's the basis of your comparison of the place in the picture with ejigbo ?

Again, even in some European countries, you might not find this, so what's the fuss if we don't?
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by alabiyemmy(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
chocolateme:
Lol. I tire for Paul.. I go see am because Nigeria is getting better..
I no be Moses wey go smell and see am but eventually didn't enter it.

Keep deceiving yourself, getting better indeed.
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Habayomie(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
Rome was not build in a day....Abuja,Calabar and Lekki-Ajah 100years ago was filled with mud houses and thatchered roofs...Nigeria go Better,,,gradually tho. cool
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mchayy:
Paul Okoye of P-square is gradually losing hope in Nigeria but he decided to back it up with prayer.

Paul who’s on tour in the United States shared the below photo of a city in the country and said:

''Dear God even if I know I will never see my country like this..... But at list let my children or grand children see my country like this one day....na beg I de beg,....this na wickedness Haba!!! Asin I taya !!!''

https://instagram.com/p/8eUPhxRvgj/?taken-by=rudeboypsquare
at least....
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by kevoh(m): 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
sonnie10:

You never see electric talk of electric billboards. You still need 24hrs electricity to power elevators in high-rise building. Until we see signs of improvement on the most basic infrastructures in Nigeria, then I would agree with you that there is nothing special.
Oga we might not have 24hrs electricity but all the electric billboards I've seen do RUN FOR 24hrs, all major high-rise buildings have their elevators up and running with minor glitches, we might not be 100% in the stuffs freaking Mr.Paul but somehow we have kept it going.

I repeat, there's nothing special in electonic billboards and high-rise buildings.
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by hope4nigeria(m): 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
4stylz:
Na fact; You can insult him but deep down you know no Nigeria cities can really be considered as a livable place; just because they few mansions doesnt make it a better place
when US was 50years old, the country no fine reach half of nigeria! US is almost 250years old, Nigeria will get there soon amen
Re: I Know I Will Never See My Country Like This- Paul Okoye by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
nickxtra:
until u travel...u can't compare... that road between cocharis sampling stand and d building that guy was talking abt is sth else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji At Toronto International Film Festival / Meet Frederic Badji Who Proposed To Princess Shyngle With Diamond Ring / Bovi Shares Photo Of Tony Umez And His Daughter Who Is Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.