Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die (70510 Views)

4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin / 13 Nigerian Foods That Are Better When Eaten Together / 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by hazukah: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=buygala post=38756984]JOLOF RICE NKO?

Or is op reporting live from Uzbekistan, his birthplace? undecided

To talk about Nigerian foods and not talk about Jolof Rice is sinful, sacrilegious, repugnant, and infinitely abhorrent

na so love joloff rice rich?
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by Zeus777: 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Agidi jollof is not moimoi o. Agidi jollof is agidi jollof.
haba when did moi moi bcom agidi jollof( the annoying thing to me in this ur renaming is not about the "agidi" but the "jollof" . I mean y attempt to westernize a delicacy that has its origin in Nigeria .The Yoruba speaking parts to b specific. Just like akara,Small time now ppl will change akara to another name!
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by Shawarmaplus(m): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
KashyBaby:
I can't wait to taste all of these when I go to Ng...for sure these are all spicy & hot... tongue

U will also love Shawarma specifically prepared by us. We are live in Port Harcourt. Hope to see u

****U will love our Shawarma****
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by Kakagiwa(f): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
midolian:
za dzhi kichi we yo? grin
bida chi
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by Skymiyke(f): 6:12pm On May 01, 2016
My love for abacha pass d one wey d owners get!

I need a plate now!

And where ise ewu 4 dat list,dat one is anoda dish on its own!
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by heezey(m): 11:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hungry for African food? We got you covered.
Check out the top 20 Africa dishes that you should eat >> http://www.trustorrun.com/african-food-top-african-dishes/
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by Efukikata(m): 2:50am On Nov 14, 2016
This post has been deleted permanently
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by chimdi101: 11:56am On Dec 05, 2016
wow

Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by babmore(m): 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
Visit http://lagosteahouse.com/ To Eat The 10 Food You Must Eat Before You Die
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by xoosh: 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
i stayed ten years in Lagos, i have tested many different Nigerian foods but this is my favorite one is jollof rice and plantain.
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by Cire80: 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
Ujuju.

Ofe Ujuju-

is native to all parts of Anioma. In years past the Ujuju leaf can be plucked just at the backyard for a delicious all round culinary experience only Anioma people are known for !

Ingredients:
Ujuju leaf, water, assorted meat, fresh and smoked fish, snail, crayfish, mushroom, pepper, onion, salt, ogiri-ofe, palm oil and stock fish.

Method:
1. Pluck the ujuju leave.
2. Parboil ujuju leave with salt, mash and keep aside.
3. Cut meat to size - season and boil.
4. When the meat is 90% cooked, add your washed fish, stock fish, snail and cover the pot.
5. Add your pepper, crayfish, onion, mushroom, salt, for taste-add Maggi, ogiri­-ofe, palm oil and cover for ten minutes.
6. Add the mashed ujuju leave and stir, then allow to boil for seven minutes.
7. Ready for serve; Best served with (Nni Akasi) pounded cocoyam mixed with fufu, fufu, pounded yam, garri or semovita or wheat meal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by xoosh: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
Recently i started to eat Moi Moi, it is snack it is very delicious i am loving it i eat it in the morning for breakfast

https://www.wikispaces.com/user/view/najmo89
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by Consray(f): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
I have tested all, they are all great meals
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by Nobody: 2:11am On Jul 01, 2018
O boy, see recipes o... cheesy cheesy cheesy

One way you would benefit from all these recipes is to have a nigerian food timetable for the family.

That would help you to place different food recipes on different dates.
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by gracechellar(f): 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2019
midolian:
There’s a wide range of Nigerian foods available today. The wide variety of ethnic communities found in Nigeria means that the nation located in West Africa has a varied and rich culinary tradition. Like other West African countries, most Nigerian Foods uses spices and herbs in combination with palm oil or groundnut oil in order to create deeply flavoured sauces and soups often made very hot with chili peppers. There are some staples and ingredients that cross the country’s state borders and there are lots ofNigerian foodsthat are not mentioned here but these are some of the foods we recommend you try when next you visit Nigeria. Nigerian foods consists mainly of rice, yam, cassava, plantain and beans just to name a few.

These are prepared and eaten with the various soups and sometimes stew recipes. Some Nigerian foods can also be prepared in jollof or porridge form.

1.) Agidi Jollof

This delicious Nigerian food comes with a soft bone inside otherwise known as (Okpukpu Agidi) . It is a very light food that can serve for either lunch or dinner and can also serve as a snack. It is usually wrapped in a leaf known as Uma leaf but you can also put it in a plastic container, or even aluminium foil. It’s a low-cost food, all that is needed is just a few ingredients to prepare, This is a must eat food for every Nigerian home.

2.) Pap (Akamu or Ogi)

Made from corn, this traditional food, when combined with Akara, Fried plantain or Fried Yam tastes so great. It is also a very nice and nutritious baby food. Evaporated milk added to Akamu, gives you a great taste.

3.) Nkwobi

This is a super Nigerian delicacy simply prepared by mixing a well cooked cow foot or cow head with a spicy palm oil paste. Usually served in exclusive restaurants. It goes very well with any kind of drink.

4.) Tuwo Shinkafa

This food has its origin from the northern part of Nigeria It is prepared with a special quality of soft rice. It goes down well with Northern Nigerian soups and some other Nigerian soups as well.

5.) Nigerian Groundnut soup (peanut soup)

This is a very great substitute for Egusi soup and both share the same method of preparation. Some of the ingredients you need are: peeled groundnut, assorted fish and meat, palm oil, fluted pumpkin leaves, crayfish, salt and pepper.

6.) Ji Abubo (Yam and Vegetable Sauce)

This is known mostly with the Igbo’s. One of the most delicious delicacies in Igbo land.

7.) Boli (Roasted plantain)

This can come in two ways; the ripe and the unripe, whichever you chose, the taste is great.

8.) Plantain porridge

For this particular food, its preparation is fast and easy but that doesn’t cancel the fact that it is very rich in iron especially with the unripe one. It goes better with dried fish, or if you like, meat. Vegetable is a must for this delicacy.

9.) Abacha (African Salad)

Just as the name implies, it is a purely African Salad. Though most people still see it as a complete meal on its own, it is good to be taken as an in-between meal. Abacha is made from cassava.

10.) Ugba (Oil bean)

Oh my! Ask an Igbo about this, he will tell you a better story than I would ever do!

http://buzznigeria.com/nigerian-foods/
http://buzznigeria.com/nigerian-foods/2/

Lalasticlala

Add yours pls..let's know the missing delicacies.
You forgot to add corn pudding....ukporka
Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by tck2000(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2019
Hmm

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die by tck2000(m): 9:38am On Nov 03, 2019
Flashh:

For Christ sake who is this fool? undecided
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aju Mbaise For Flat Tummy / Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo) / See The #100 Tomatoes I Bought Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.