Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,714 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks (2900 Views)

Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire / PDP To APC: Explain Why Patience Jonathan Was Humiliated At PH Airport / Why ISIS And Boko Haram Are Killing Moslems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by raayah(f): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Terrorists drive nice trucks, U.S. counter-terrorism officials have noticed.

ISIS militants are driving hundreds, if not thousands, of new Toyota trucks.

Countless news videos and social media posts show Islamic State (ISIS) terrorists driving around in what appear to be new Toyota trucks.

The U.S. has asked Toyota to explain how hundreds, if not thousands, of the ubiquitous white pickups ended up in enemy hands.

ABC News tells us “Toyota Hilux pickups, an overseas model similar to the Toyota Tacoma, and Toyota Land Cruisers have become fixtures in videos of the ISIS campaign in Iraq, Syria and Libya, with their truck beds loaded with heavy weapons and cabs jammed with terrorists.”

The videos must make for effective propaganda. Thousands of Americans and Europeans are trying to travel to the Middle East to join ISIS.

Toyota says it does not know how ISIS obtained the vehicles, but is trying to assist the Terror Financing unit of the U.S. Treasury Department in its investigation.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say ISIS is stealing or capturing the Toyota trucks.

After all, ISIS also drives Humvees, mine resistant trucks and other vehicles given to U.S.-trained Iraqi forces, who tend to lose men, equipment and cities whenever they fight.

Videos released this summer show ISIS insurgents using former U.S. militarized vehicles to parade bodies of their enemies around.

It is believed about 2,300 militarized Humvees were lost by Iraqi forces during one battle this year.

It’s not just trucks. The Iraqi military loses a lot of weapons too. Reuters reports ISIS captured at least 40 M1A1 main battle tanks, 74,000 machine guns, and as many as 52 M198 howitzer mobile gun systems.

A U.S. general says “ISIS has captured thousands of American-supplied vehicles. So both sides travel in the same vehicles and use the same weapons.”

Source : http://newstome.blog.ajc.com/2015/10/07/u-s-asks-toyota-to-explain-why-isis-has-so-many-new-trucks/

Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by Perfectwazobia: 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Toyota Toyota Toyota. ..Answer ooo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by dkronicle(m): 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Gud answer from toyota

1 Like

Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by ojeota(f): 10:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
So many unraffled mysteries
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by tellwisdom: 11:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
Where do they pack these vehicles that Iraqi forces don't know??

1 Like

Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by McKren(m): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
Every vehicle has a VIN number that's traceable

When US serious dem go find out
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by hardywaltz(m): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
Russia should just bomb all them...
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
U.S parading as world greatest nation. while it doesn't even have a good reputation
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by nzeobi(m): 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mtchew was expecting to see upto 500 new trucks.
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by badnature: 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
I don't see any big deal about it,northerners can buy it and give it to bokoharam.is not as if shekau made the purchase himself

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by ruggedtimi(m): 12:25am On Oct 08, 2015
U.S finally reasoning like me....I hv alwys wondered how dis militants get access to fresh toyota hilux in large numbers

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by BALLOSKI: 3:10am On Oct 08, 2015
Indirectly, look at the number of weapons the US supply ISIS.
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by rusher14: 3:50am On Oct 08, 2015
badnature:
I don't see any big deal about it,northerners can buy it and give it to bokoharam.is not as if shekau made the purchase himself

But we could always verify the buyer of the trucks thus monitoring and possibly linking them to the group.
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:14am On Oct 08, 2015
ojeota:
So many unraffled mysteries

Na Really raffle-d mysteries. If you nor know word and the meaning, no use am o! He go bring u out like this for world stage. Now everybody don know ur capabilities in English.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 08, 2015
Toyota.... even Boko Haram once had white ones ...

Anyway they are produced in SA...who knows grin
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:55am On Oct 08, 2015
Good
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by otukpo(f): 7:18am On Oct 08, 2015
I wanr to know too..
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by jordyspices: 7:32am On Oct 08, 2015
United states indirectly supplying arms nd ammo to isis just like Nigeria supply d boko boys cry
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by Acjohn(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2015
They should ask me I have the answer.

are they the once that do the supply after manufacturing?

make them go sit dawn
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by DjAndroid: 7:50am On Oct 08, 2015
Perfectwazobia:
Toyota Toyota Toyota. ..Answer ooo
IT IS OBVIOUS YOU DID NOT READ THE STORY BEFORE COMMENTING.
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by RockMaxi: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2015

This is hyprocrisy at the highest echelon, the question should be about how they were able to get such weapons that are of US origin.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by bonechamberlain(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2015
I don't believe this news, u.s can't ask such a dumb question. Isis is a group formed by u.s/israel to make sure that region is constantly unstable.
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by Pavore9: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2015
Iraqi losing so much to ISIS!
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2015
Baseless question, is it the vehicle that is making them lose the fight against ISIS Despite heavy bombardment, they should also ask countries or companies making weapons how their weapons got to the hands of ISIS as well.
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by Lilimax(f): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2015
Story story---STORY!!!
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2015
USA should allow Russia deal decisively with IS
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by LeOstrich: 9:49am On Oct 08, 2015
The US govt handed over 2,125 Humvee trucks, a couple of APC's and MIA1 Tanks and a shitload of firearms to ISIS last year.

Obama remains a bastard.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by orunto27: 11:56am On Oct 08, 2015
It's business. How I wish they were Chinese, Russian or Iranian Trucks.
Re: U.S. Asks Toyota To Explain Why ISIS Has So Many New Trucks by DaBullIT(m): 5:16am On Mar 26, 2016
I've asked the same question several times

(1) (Reply)

Gen Buhari Have Murdered Nnamdi Kanu As He Fails To Produce Him Today In Court / See What The People Of Kano Did To Buhari, Osinbajo And Saraki / I’m Not Convinced About Chibok Girls Abduction - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.