Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Is God White? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God White? (1115 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God White? by Ignatio(m): 8:01am On Apr 24, 2009
God had is being portrayed in pictures n videos as white. Is there any proving evidence?
Re: Is God White? by Badriyyah(f): 8:54am On Apr 24, 2009
God is NOT white. It's more of a racial superiority thing. White = God. The sad thing is I was watching a Naija movie and they went out of their way to find a mixed race man to play Jesus, but a black man to play the Devil. Horrible.
Re: Is God White? by Horus(m): 9:25am On Apr 24, 2009
Why do every Movie like The 10 commandments, Moses, Ben Hur etc,etc, depict not only Jesus but everyone assocated with him as a white European person?. So-called christian T.V. programs like T.V.N. & The World Harvest Network produce movie shorts, made for T.V. specials and they all show us a white European looking Jesus with long straight hair. Why don't they portray Jesus as he's discribed in the Bible?
Revelation 1:14-15 ; His hairs were white like wool, (Hum, Wooly kinda like mine huh?), and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine Brass ( Hum, now what do brass look like? -White,? I don't think so!!! ) as if they were burned in a furnace, ( Try this, take a piece of brass and burn it with fire and see what it looks like ).
Revelation 22:18-19 in part states If any MAN shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book. And if any MAN shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. ( Don't this mean that even to portray Jesus as something he is NOT, is in essance taking away from this book , which means those who has lied about Jesus's apparence has lost their parts from the book of life and that the plague have been added to them written in the book of Revelation? (Hummmmm )
Re: Is God White? by No2Atheism(m): 10:19am On Apr 24, 2009
@topic

I don't know the answer to the question "Is God White?" and no man does because the bible never gave us that kind of information.

Secondly,

Badriyyah:

God is NOT white. It's more of a racial superiority thing. White = God. The sad thing is I was watching a Naija movie and they went out of their way to find a mixed race man to play Jesus, but a black man to play the Devil. Horrible.

1. What Nollywood did, is caused by ignorance and years of brainwashing by the western media.

2. יהוה is a Spirit i.e. Our Father in Heaven (Creator of Heaven and Earth)  is a Spirit (hence neither black nor white in physical terms), hence the question asked by the thread is something that is never going to be answered, (notice that i choose not to call Him the generic word "God", there is a reason for that; The capitalisation of the letter G in the word God does not change the pronounciation from that of the spelling god).
   Unfortunately, since the pronounciation of a name is more important than the spelling of the name when one is praying to the person in question, hence why i have tried to force myself to stop using the word "God" and instead use the correct name "יהוה" (He told us He has a name) or title "Creator of Heaven and Earth"

3. The only person we can determine His skin colour in the physical sense, is the Messiah (this is because He came in the Flesh and lived amongst men after being born as a descendant of Jacob/Isreal). Hence since the Isrealites had a particular skin colour during the time of the Messiah under Roman rule, then it becomes a little bit easy to deduce what the skin colour of the Messiah could possibly look like. Infact the bible shows us that there is an extremely high probability that the Messiah would have had a "Black skin" or "Negroid features" at the same time that there is an extremely low probability that the Messiah would have had "Caucasian features" or "White Skin", please check the posts on the following threads for my understanding about the most possible skin colour of the Messiah based on the bible.

- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=257235.msg3685799#msg3685799
   - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=261362.msg3724851#msg3724851
   - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=257235.msg3684752#msg3684752

4. The name[i] Jesus Christ [/i]was derived from a Greek name, common sense and original bible records shows that the Messiah could not have been called a Greek Name Jesus Christ, because the english name Jesus Christ was derived from the greek name " Ιησούς Χριστός" (Iesus Khristós) and since that name "Jesus Christ" does not really have an authentic ancient "Hebrew/Aramaic" original name of the Messiah from which it was translated to Greek and then English,  the questions becomes:

- What was the original Hebrew/Aramaic name of the Messiah
  - If the original Hebrew/Aramaic name of the Messiah is translated to English and Greek, would we still get the same name spelled and pronounced as "Jesus Christ" or Ιησούς Χριστός.

Check the following link for further details on this highly sensitive and dangerous subject https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=261362.msg3724851#msg3724851

5. I have encountered scorn and ridicule even from so called bible believers when i point out things that i have also come to understand as per name and color of skin of the Messiah.

6. The bible shows that the Devil/Lucifer was very beautiful, while the Messiah was not good looking at all, hence trying to paint the Messiah with a good looking/beautiful image of a man (white man in most cases today) is just mere heresy that has no biblical backing whatsoever ,

7. The Devil is a spirit (so does not have a body), although it is possible for the devil or demons to possess a body of an animal or man, hence going strictly by scripture, the Devil does not have physical colour in the sense that we understand the colour of the skin.

Hence going strictly by the bible, the Devil does not have a skin colour, (he's neither white nor black in the physical sense)

8. Even common sense/science/gene research point to the conclusion that Caucasians have recessive genes when compared to Negroids genes, hence common sense shows that Adam and[b] Noah[/b] would have been people that we would classify as "Black People" (since they would have had a combination of both recessive and dominant genes) for everybody else (black and white) to have descended from them.

9. The colour of the skin of the Messiah has nothing to do with the issue of salvation, (hence I am not too worried about it), however the Real Name of the Messiah has everything to do with Salvation, because the Bible makes me to understand the importance of His name, hence a bible scholar asks what the heck happened when someone changed the name of the Messiah to "Jesus Christ/Ιησούς Χριστός/Iesus Khristós".
       By the way please note that the word "Christ" is actually a "title" meaning "The Annoited" hence its not actually a name. Hence the question becomes:

- What name did the Angel tell Mary (Miriam) to call the Messiah.
- Did the Angel speak Greek or Hebrew or Aramaic to Mary (Miriam) while telling her the name of the Messiah.
- What language did Mary (Miriam) use to communicate with the Angel.
- What name was the Messiah called while He was still on the Earth as a descendant of Isreal, living under a Roman occupation.
- what name did the Apostles Peter, John, James et al and Paul call the Messiah while they were still alive.
- Since a name does not change whether one speaks English, French, Greek, German, Yoruba or otherwise then why and who changed the name of the Messiah to a greek name.

10 Above all things, Salvation depends entirely on the Real Name of the Messiah, just as baptism of converts depends entirely on the Real Name of the Father, Real Name of the Son and the Real name of the Spirit.

So people please let us ask questions like the Bereans and stop believing and following dogmas that can lead to our spiritual destruction and lack of growth.
Re: Is God White? by MrCrackles(m): 10:24am On Apr 24, 2009
Topic

I dont know!
Re: Is God White? by dafidixone(m): 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2009
God had is being portrayed in pictures n videos as white. Is there any proving evidence?

Can you give at least two examples where God is potrayed as white.

God is a Spirit.
Re: Is God White? by toneyb: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2009
When you accept the White man's god then that god definitely has to be a white deity, when our African ancestors where praying to their own gods they thought of them or imagined them as blacks like them. when most people close their eyes and pray to Jehovah or Jesus the image that comes to their minds is that of a white deity, no black person ever imagines a black deity when ever he closes his eyes to pray to Jesus. So yes the Judeo-Christian deity is white.
Re: Is God White? by natty666(m): 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2009
Hi men, Look into the mirror, the being u will see is his image.  He created man in various colours to show the glory of his work.

Blackpriest.
Re: Is God White? by ronni(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2009
no man can tell the exact colour of god. ;d ;d
Re: Is God White? by natty666(m): 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2009
Is always from the voice of Men that the praises of God comes.
Re: Is God White? by SeanT21(f): 11:15pm On Apr 24, 2009
Why do I care??

All I care about is getting to heaven.
Re: Is God White? by dalaman: 12:35am On Apr 25, 2009
IMO most people believe that God is white. I don't think that people Imagine the picture of a black person when they think about God.
Re: Is God White? by natty666(m): 6:37am On Apr 25, 2009
Man, I see God as black as myself for his name is OLODUMARE which no book or white men taught me. The traditional concept and believe is the best of my African heritage.
Re: Is God White? by Horus(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2009
This concept of a white God have been instilled in the mind of people by caucasian propaganda (Movies,Books). It may be permissible for the caucasian to teach occupational knowledge, jobs, and trades, along with mathematics (a universal science that speaks for itself), and subjects that no one can be deceived with. However, not subjects like history, religions, origins, etc. They will not and sometimes cannot give others the facts about these subjects. What can they teach anyone about morals and the best way of life, when they are those who destroyed real knowledge, morals and the best way of life? They did this by suppressing and murdering darker people, lying to divide others, creating ignorance, stealing land, cultures, natural resources and heritages.

(1) (Reply)

No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community / Christ Victory Over Satan And His Kingdom / Homeless Boy Wows Judges On Korea's Got Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.