Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community (1111 Views)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / It's A Sin?for A Pastors Or Alfas To Be Talking To Someone In This Way? / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by EdetOkon: 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2009
Although it might surprise you, the number of people in Nigeria who are combining Christianity and Islam is increasing although this two religions are clearly uncombinable. Whats your take on this.
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by noetic15(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2009
considering the enormous differece between islam ad xtianity. . . , , do u tink these folks are on the right path?
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by olabowale(m): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2009
they are just as wrong as being plainly christians! come to think of it, they are on the wrong path like noetic is with his sutana!
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by jagunlabi(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2009
Atleast, chrislam is trying to unite nigerians, instead of keep ing them separate and at each other's throats.Thumbs up to chrislam for that.
The adherents of both christianity and islam have a lot to learn from these folks.

United we stand, divided we fall. smiley
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by noetic15(m): 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2009
olabowale:

they are just as wrong as being plainly christians! come to think of it, they are on the wrong path like noetic is with his sutana!

where did u get this sutana idea from? grin

if christians are on the wrong path. , . who then are on the right path?
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by AKO1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2009
Edet Okon:

Although it might surprise you, the number of people in Nigeria who are combining Christianity and Islam is increasing although this two religions are clearly uncombinable.

Do you have any statistics to buttress your claim? If not please make it clear that your assertion is based on your personal experience and context.
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by EdetOkon: 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2009
A_K_O:

Do you have any statistics to buttress your claim? If not please make it clear that your assertion is based on your personal experience and context.

@ A_K_O
If you don't believe me, then go to wikipedia and type in Chrislam or rather google the word Chrislam, you will find that Nigeria is the main centre of Chrislamism in the world.
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by AKO1(m): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2009
Edet Okon:

@ A_K_O
If you don't believe me, then go to wikipedia and type in Chrislam or rather google the word Chrislam, you will find that Nigeria is the main centre of Chrislamism in the world.

Seen.

But there is nothing in the wikipedia article that suggests that the number is increasing.
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2009
chrislam has been around for a while.

its not a new thing.
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by EdetOkon: 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2009
tpia.:

chrislam has been around for a while.

its not a new thing.

Its certainly not a new thing. I wonder which god they worship.

@A_K_O
I didn't say that wikipedia says their number is increasing although from what i've read i know its increasing( I actually read it from a newsmagazine).  I only directed you there to show you that chrislamism actually exists because i thought you did not believe that there is anything like Chrislamism. The wikipedia article on chrislamism is actually very poor and is written about one religious group that combines both religions. Did you google it as i told you, you will discover that although Chrilsamism is happening in other parts of the world It is perculiar to Nigeria.
It will be hard to get statistics because many of them are not organised like other religions and the combine their believes at varying degrees. Another thing, many of them won't want to be branded Chrislamic.
Re: No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community by vanitty: 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2009
How will you combine the truth + false, waste of time if you ask me undecided, I wonder how they handle the holy trinity, Jesus,e.t.c

(1) (Reply)

Praise: The Sickle For Harvest / God Is Not Wanting Anyone To Perish / St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.