Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government (23494 Views)

Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday / Abdulmumuni Abiola: Yorubas Killed My Father, Shared His Meat – MKO Abiola’s Son / MKO Abiola's Grave 18 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by ifedayoifedapo(f): 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
where were you when we were looking for a president. You made a good point. I feel your name will come out as a minister. follow up with d next list pls. we need people like you in politics kiss
baby124:
OYO,and Osun should have a shared regional airport. Ekiti and Ondoshould also have a shared regional airport. While Abeokuta should have a cargo airport with Lagos having the international airport serving Lagos and Abeokuta
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by molas02: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
emamos:
lalasticlala
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by cjrane: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=warrior01 post=38812751][/quote] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by onyi25(f): 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]just lemme know when they start recruiting.
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by mazeltov(m): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
onyxo76:
how many minutes is ekiti to ondo state, less than 30 minutes....does every city in uk have its own airport?
the distance from ekiti to ondo state might be even 20 minutes but it doesn't mean that the distance from the airport to the final destination of goods within ondo state is also 20 minutes. Moreso, you have not proven to me why it is good for two states should be sharing one airport. Will it boost the economy of the two state or generate more employment? As you can see, it is not economically advisable at all. Secondly, you dnt need to compare Uk with Nigeria is this case. Uk has wide and well planned transportation system than nigeria.
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by onyxo76(m): 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
mazeltov:
the distance from ekiti to ondo state might be even 20 minutes but it doesn't mean that the distance from the airport to the final destination of goods within ondo state is also 20 minutes. Moreso, you have not proven to me why it is good for two states should be sharing one airport. Will it boost the economy of the two state or generate more employment? As you can see, it is not economically advisable at all. Secondly, you dnt need to compare Uk with Nigeria is this case. Uk has wide and well planned transportation system than nigeria.
i quite agree with your point but then are these states ripe for such a capital project bearing in mind that there are more pressing needs currently.
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by DaBullIT(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
francizy:

This is the most senseless and most idiotic post I've ever seen in my life. Congratulations, you've broken a record..

Maybe if you tell me where i am wrong, or where i wrote something senseless or why you think this comment is idiotic, we can learn from each other ?
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by DaBullIT(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
omonnakoda:

Can you read

Of course i can, what seems to be the problem ?
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by enitiObanke(m): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
fatiaanu:
This is white elephant project and north east wind that blow no man good. The airport in Ibadan is under utilized, why wasting public fund and make workers to suffer untold hardship for non payment of salaries. Mr Governor; pls pay salary and abandon this project. Don't use bail out fund to complete this project, i strongly advice you sir.

Osun workers are not smiling.

.... So are the airports in ilorin and akure. No airport within a 3hr driving distance from Lagos can be commercially viable in the next 15yrs.
Gov Rauf this airport is an absolute waste of scare resources. Anyway, I no too blame am,..... I blame the structure of Naija that doles out billions of Naira every month to states,......oil money!!!
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Chibokgame: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
And will be the only airpot in WEST AFRICA with facilities
(Hanger)
to service all kinds of airplanes .

Always the usual claims:
Akwa ibom airpot that Same claims
Bayelsa airpot Same claims.

Nigerian states with comparison in west Africa, but yet most if these African countries are doing far better.
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by chidinwachukwu(m): 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
I've never hidden my love for PMB and my support is undivided,

Aregbesola has done many things that aren't exactly applaud-able and I have always defended

But this news is a big fat lie

70% of the work has not been done

There's no way that airport will be ready by may

I know because I was around that city during sallah and no work has been done since February during campaign

I also want to point out that this statement, this promise is credited to Air Commodore Hyacinth Eze not Aregbesola, so in the future wailers don't come and twist the story

And for ibos , your kinsman is chopping from Osun states money and Yorubas are not complaining, this goes to show that Yorubas hate no tribe and are willing to work with anyone who shares the same dream, goal or passion

Ewu it's only the name of the man handling the projects,you saw.Are their no yoruba pips handling major oil installations in both southeast and SouthSouth?,and we have never made noise about it You are so pathetic,and also tribalistic,always chasing shadows of an igbo,and leaving the substance of the news
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by PenSniper: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
macolino:
Abeg no be person wey chop belle full go use flight? Ogbeni pay your workers.. Make we dey watch na..FTC

Mind your own business. Keep off our affairs. Weep not for me Argentina !
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by enitiObanke(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Stup1d talk-actives. International airport in deed. All local airports in Nigeria is called international airport why? SOMETHING THAT IS NOT UP TO A TRAIN STATION IN A FELLOW THIRD-WORLD COUNTRIES LIKE CHINA AND BRAZIL.

Guy, seriously you call China a 3rd world country? Abeg wetin you smoke If China is a 3rd world country, the entire Africa continent must be15th world.
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by mazeltov(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
onyxo76:
i quite agree with your point but then are these states ripe for such a capital project bearing in mind that there are more pressing needs currently.
No, you know, our leaders lack focus and cordination. A state whose local economy is not viable enough needs no airport. The money bieng used to build airport can be used to empower the masses and this will go a long way improving the welfare of the people , creating more employment, increasing thier per capita income hence, boosting the economy of the state and then the need to build airport would arise. That airport will soon turned to amusement park where by pupils will be going there for excursion
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by DaBullIT(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
What in my comment warrants this insult ?? I am trying to be NL Born again, do not force my hand , I am only emphasizing that as long as we are together , we can work together , So Please stop the insults, clearly out of hatred you are all missing the point, The AIRPORT can not be completed at the stipulated time and the work progress is not up to 70% so,

Stop the insults now
chidinwachukwu:

Ewu it's only the name of the man handling the projects,you saw.Are their no yoruba pips handling major oil installations in both southeast and SouthSouth?,and we have never made noise about it You are so pathetic,and also tribalistic,always chasing shadows of an igbo,and leaving the substance of the news
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
enitiObanke:

Guy, seriously you call China a 3rd world country? Abeg wetin you smoke If China is a 3rd world country, the entire Africa continent must be15th world.

my brother, china is a third world. u need to educate yourself more and watch less AIT. JUST TYPE THIRD WORLD ON GOOGLE, U WILL SEE CHINA INSIDE.
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by laudate: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
teebaxy:
it's not proper as a state to rely or depend on other state, you forget what happen between oyo and osun concerning lautech teaching hospital. You also did not consider the economic benefits the other state are deriving from this airport. For Instance, if u are a father would you use all your hard earned money to eat? Let us appreciate this man for this wonderful project, even though I no about of public funds would have been stolen. There is no Saints anywhere.... We are just trying to overlook somethings ni

I want to believe you are just joking. undecided Since when has an airport become the private property of a state? Are airports not supposed to be set up as commercial enterprises meant to generate revenue and profit, from its operations? Are they not meant to facilitate ease of travel? Now tell me why any person should think that by using an airport located in another state, he is relying on depending on the other state??

Secondly, your use of LAUTECH Teaching Hospital as an example, is heavily flawed. Did people from Oyo State go to LAUTECH Teaching Hospital and they were denied treatment? Did patients from any of the states offer to make payment for consultation and treatment, yet they were denied access to medical care? So what exactly is your point?? Do you think that even when you site a public enterprise within a state., members of different communities located within that state cannot fight over the use or the facilities of that public property?? shocked shocked What an archaic point of view!!

Akure airport has not made any tangible profit since inception, because it has been heavily underutilised since it was built. We are waiting to see how Ekiti airport will make the kind of profit that Akure airport has been unable to record, ever since it was built! angry Fayose just wants to waste the scarce, hard-earned resources of the state in setting up an airport in Ekiti! Simple! undecided
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by laudate: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
mazeltov:
lolz, if i get you clearly, you mean two independent states should the same transportation system. As in, If I want to fly goods from China to Ekiti state and when the goods land in Ekiti state; i would have to look for another means of transportation to move the goods to its final destination in my own state. Lolzz please your advice is not economically wise at all. If other governors have been thinking like this, there wouldn't have been much development in their states. Is it a bad thing for each state to have its own airport?

Every state cannot have an airport, simply because they think it is fashionable. Yes, if you fly goods to Ekiti State you would have to look for another means of transportation to get it to its final destination. That is what happens in different parts of the world. angry

It is a bad thing for each state to have an airport, when they do not have enough state resources, financial muscle or commercial activities to justify the need for an airport! Is an airport now a pair of jeans, designer handbags, custom made suits or ankara slippers, that everyone has to obtain in order to belong to an exclusive club? shocked
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by onyxo76(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
mazeltov:
No, you know, our leaders lack focus and cordination. A state whose local economy is not viable enough needs no airport. The money bieng used to build airport can be used to empower the masses and this will go a long way improving the welfare of the people , creating more employment, increasing thier per capita income hence, boosting the economy of the state and then the need to build airport would arise. That airport will soon turned to amusement park where by pupils will be going there for excursion
good so we are of the same opinion then, heard that fayose in ekiti is embarking on something similar.
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by dododawa1: 3:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
(1)Tribalism apart, OGA pay worker salary first (2)osun don't need airport,one is in DUGBE in ibadan,close to osun
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by mazeltov(m): 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
laudate:

Every state cannot have an airport, simply because they think it is fashionable. Yes, if you fly goods to Ekiti State you would have to look for another means of transportation to get it to its final destination. That is what happens in different parts of the world. angry

It is a bad thing for each state to have an airport, when they do not have enough state resources, financial muscle or commercial activities to justify the need for an airport! Is an airport now a pair of jeans, designer handbags, custom made suits or ankara slippers, that everyone has to obtain in order to belong to an exclusive club? shocked
you are mixing two different things here. Sharing airport by two states is a different case study and economic neccesities of airport in the state is another thing so they are two different things to comment on. More so, I have made about three comments on this thread so if you follow them up, you wld see that we are on the same page.
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Holamidhe(m): 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
This man dey craze, no be the same airport wet dey beside my school ....Abeg na big lie

This man is crazy it is not the same airport beside my school ....it a lie...I see it everyday and work has stop since...Our governor again ....smh

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Aregbesola is the most useless and evil governor in the history of this country. His workers are dying of hunger, some of them have attempted suicide over their unpaid wages, and all this while he has callously diverted the monies to fund dubious projects at grossly inflated costs. This is the limit of wickedness and insensate leadership.

Hope everyone can see the fruit of the APC 'change' agenda.
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by dannybee(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
Joke of the century
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
Too many folks ain't paying attention to the OP. The airport is not your conventional type of airport a la Ibadan, Akure and Asaba et al but A CARGO AND AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE HUB! Carefully midwifed it should positively impact the State's economy given the agric sector push The Gov has initiated. I think the project holds promise should the private sector dig in very well in food cultivation. If the quality is right the Lagos and foreign markets will make Osun Farmers smile to the Bank!
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by laudate: 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
odeotito:
Too many folks ain't paying attention to the OP. The airport is not your conventional type of airport a la Ibadan, Akure and Asaba et al but A CARGO AND AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE HUB! Carefully midwifed it should positively impact the State's economy given the agric sector push The Gov has initiated. I think the project holds promise should the private sector dig in very well in food cultivation. If the quality is right the Lagos and foreign markets will make Osun Farmers smile to the Bank!

Guy, leave dat side abeg! He is just giving a big name to a silly project that he should not have embarked upon in the first place!!

Did anyone tell him that Ibadan airport cannot handle cargo?? Did anyone inform him that aircraft maintenance activities cannot be carried out in Ibadan airport? Wasn't that the same airport where the old Nigeria Airways and many private, independent airlines used to conduct maintenance checks on their aircraft?

In fact, until last year some old unserviceable aircraft were still parked there after several fruitless maintenance activities which did not yield any fruit had been conducted on them! cheesy

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
I wonder what is so special about naming it MKO Abiola ,if ogun state can't built an airport for him wetin come be Aregbesola own
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by ifyan(m): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
Badgers14:
Hope the governor is not eyeing another substandard airport.. It baffles me how these guys travel outside the country and see good stuffs but yet they come back and build rubbish.... (speaking of Asaba airport)

Anyways just observing them from on top of a speeding molué cool

I love this bro.

You know. .........
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by mbulela: 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
You read some crap and silently wait for a disclaimer.
Governance in this country is appalling.
This is a man that has not paid salaries talking of building an airport.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by mbulela: 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Badgers14:
Hope the governor is not eyeing another substandard airport.. It baffles me how these guys travel outside the country and see good stuffs but yet they come back and build rubbish.... (speaking of Asaba airport)

Anyways just observing them from on top of a speeding molué cool
Until he pays salaries, he should not even be talking of building motor parks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by fuckerholic(m): 5:24am On Oct 10, 2015
All the governors want to embark on big project whether its necessary or not just to embezlle if not, tell mW the importance and relevance of an airport in osun state ? It's just like having an airport in Ogun or ibadan where Lagos is very close and draws the air traffic and passengers. Next thing now is to hear that aregbe bought private jet and then you will realise he just built and airport for himself with state fund. NIGERIA ! ! !

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by MCMLXXVI(m): 12:58am On Sep 05, 2016
2016 now. Where is the airport?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo / The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari / Inside Saraki’s ‘secret’ Meeting With Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.