Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF (22072 Views)

Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' / "Call Obasanjo, IBB To Beg Enyeama To Return" - Nigerians React To Ezenwa's Play / ‘Recalling Enyeama To Eagles Can Cause Bad Blood’ - Adegoke Adelabu (2) (3) (4)

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by hyxt05(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2015
mattfeuter:

what about a certain JOHN TERRY of ENGLAND grin grin
John Terry's case is different and the main reason of him quitting england is the case he had with English FA on racial abuse of Anton Ferdinand. he felt the FA betrayed him
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by nature4c: 11:46am On Oct 09, 2015
He still our Hero whetheee U beged him or not

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:48am On Oct 09, 2015
abitex577:
The truth remains Oliseh and NFF were poor in handling this captaincy issue. For a player that served his country for 13yrs and is the captain of the team, you don't just wake up and relieve him of the position because he reported late to camp. He ought to be carried along in the leadership change process, and his new role be clearly explained to him before going public with the changes.

Did he carry them along about his mum condition and death before the Tanzania match? That's when the problem started jare....

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2015
neolboy:

you b mumu, y fooling urself

When likes of John Terry. Carlos Teve, Ronaldinho were dropped and the world didn't collapse.

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Bluffly: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2015
damton:
Mr. Enyeama should move on and the super Eagles should move on . case settled.
Gbam

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2015
onos1979:
u don't know, and u will never know
When likes of John Terry. Carlos Teve, Ronaldinho were dropped and the world didn't collapse.
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Akan(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2015
Oliseh has been trying to carve out a living in Belgium in the name of coaching a non existent club or an agent to some invisible footballers. He gets the opportunity to manage Nigeria and that gets to his head, treating an established pillar of Nigeria football with disdain and disrespect. Why should Enyeama take that rubbish from him.

Not even a condolence message to the bereaved but rather he begin dey firm oga for Enyeama. Abeg Enyeama go and prosper, Oliseh go and die. Unamikot
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by all4gud(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2015
All for good...

QUARRY FOR SALE.
Features are:
Seven hectres of land,
40 km of stone,
good access road, located in Apo, Abuja,
Price is N55 m (negotiable).
For more info call 09050895857. Referral Fee Available Please rebroadcast.
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by mayorkyzo: 11:52am On Oct 09, 2015
Atlantian:
Until your mother dies, you will not understand what it means to bury your mother on a saturday and rush out to meet a team in overseas the next 48hrs. If I was Vincent, I would not have gone there at all, especially when my coach did not even care to attend my mother's burial nor send consolatory message. There is something money and patriotism can not help with, and that is the lost of a mother.
na your mama go die...idiot

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by snilpall(m): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2015
kennosklint:
Who is eyeama.he go nd die respect ur boss no mata wat...

ur post portrayed u.......
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2015
MrImole:
Enyeama is the wise version of you.

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by kennosklint(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2015
snilpall:

ur post portrayed u.......
ok...
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by lebete3000: 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
VickyRotex:
#BringBackOurEnyeama cry undecided

But, I'm glad he's gone sef, greater heights awaits him. cool

My sister ds country isn't worth dying for jarey...I just hope d emotional trauma won't spill over to his club duty...Naija sabi destroy pesin career na why people no wan rep again be dat....useless country!
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by TolaniLuv: 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
sukkot:
you black people are annoyingly emotional. just a few weeks ago you were all yabbing keshi. now only after one game loss from oliseh you are begging for keshi back. black man has no brain but thinks with his emotions. same way i observe black people talk about politics. no brains just emotions. yall are like some PMSing women.

I'm black but, you are right! We no get brain.
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by TolaniLuv: 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
Please who begged NFF to beg Vincent? Let start traininin new GK 13 years is enough tho.
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by mattfeuter(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
hyxt05:
John Terry's case is different and the main reason of him quitting england is the case he had with English FA on racial abuse of Anton Ferdinand. he felt the FA betrayed him

Yes but have you forgotten that he was stripped of his captain armband too?
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
kennosklint:
who is enyeama?? Enyeama is best gk nigeria has ever had

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Goke7: 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
This statement by nff gives credence to what some of us believed that the hand of nff was all over the issue starting from the kaduna palaver. Oliseh only acted on behalf of nff to complete the job shikena.

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
-
enyeama afantastic footballer no doubt abt that
Bt am in support of N F. F on dis.
Firstly we should be able to respect our own
( Coach olishe) takes evry blame for the poor performances of team even wen d players are at fault. Eg morinho
enyeama woulndt have tried what he did with his club or any European coach.
Or even with any of ex international who has coached eagles in d past. Saisia keshi & d rest.
U can proof me wrong.
A captain leads by example u don't talk back to ur coach . He said no need for question sit down let discuss our game plan bt he insisted in asking & dat was d end.

olishe hastily decision abt d captain might be a mistake on his part but if he has kept quiet and enyeama has his way dat would have been a disaster.
Other players wil try such d coach and impunity in d dressing room is not allowed.
I hope he changes his mind and come to playing for d national team.
My opinion anyway..

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by lebete3000: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
4tune490:
They wanted him out unfortunately for OLiseh he allowed him self to be used as an instrument now he must face the music if the team fail to deliver. Oliseh isn't smart as I thought

He's simply dancing to the tune of his Ogaz @d top nah.
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by DeRay98(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
From what I gathered so far from this event, I will state the following:
Enyeama is longest and most consistent goal keeper eagles have ever had. The most successful goal keeper too.
The frequent changes of managers (Chief Coach) and consistent NFF infighting during change of leadership means that such long serving players no longer have the respect for authority. Having been so successful as national player and surviving several unnecessary issues in the football admin mostly due to their personal interest the enthusiasm of the long serving players wane out.
On the current issues, Oliseh is fighting for time to get his team ready for great things and considering the fact that NFF wasted too much before appointing him, he is under pressure to deliver. Hence, he needs to be firm from the start in order to get the players used to his style. Both Oliseh and NFF are aware that Enyeama reached Belgium early enough but turned camp late. The players from Nig were having visa problems hence there was only one keeper(Ikeme) in camp. That Enyeama went for his mum's burial was not the issue but he got Belgium in time but reported late to camp and by then the coach would have made alternative plans for Musa who captained against Tanzania (when Enyeama was excused to go home after his mum died) to hold on the captaincy. Enyeama lateness was going to disrupt their plans. Then, he challenged the coach for announcing Musa as the Captain ( it may have been a temporary plan for these matches they have this week) that is where enyeama missed it. Besides, Enyeama is no longer the future of the team, we need to start building the confidence of the younger players by giving them responsibility and opportunity to grow. If we keep depending on the aging players we may find ourselves in a vacuum when they suddenly run out of form due to age or injury. This was the case when Enyeama and Ejide came to camp 2002. Ike shurunmu struck by iñjury and the inexperienced Ejide was called up preparatory to 2002 WC. His lack of exposure and experience showed in friendly against Scotland as he was jittery. He was later called up before Shorunmu recovered for the WC. It took years of inconsistent performances before Enyeama and Ejide gain confidence and consistency in goal. It's possible that both parties could have handled the situation better but the pressure on Oliseh and NFF would not allow them handle indiscipline with kids glove. Longevity in service is no excuse to challenge your coach in a crucial time as this. Enyeama has been coolheaded for years but he has also had issues with previous coaches ( Siasia and Keshi) under similar circumstances. He needs time off national team pressure to concentrate on his club career as aging is not his side save because he is a goal keeper.

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by hyxt05(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
mattfeuter:

Yes but have you forgotten that he was stripped of his captain armband too?
Yeah you are right he lost his captain band too. i was just talking of the main reason he quit. Enyama should have stayed, that is if what coach olisea said is true
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Kulas: 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nonsensical nonsense from NFF.So all the while NFF heard that they is quarrel in the camp,what did they do,didnt they suppose to call Oliseh immediately and caution him and told him to revert the captianship atleast for now.They all keep quiet because Stu.p.id Oliseh give it to Hausa man and Hausa man is also in power.None of the NFF members want to speak the truth,least he will be victimized by the Hausa man.Shame on NFF.Oliseh must pay for this injustice and wickedness.Enyeama cannot be treated like this.
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by damosky12(m): 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
I still believe there is a kind of politics in sacking Keshi only to employ Oliseh. How on earth will you sack a medical doctor with several years of experience from a standard hospital only to employ an IT student with the excuse that he has a foreign assistant? That's a risk!
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by eyenibibio(m): 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
mayorkyzo:
No need to beg him...no single player is greater than a team..players and coaches have differences doesn't mean e would walk out on the team...can he walk out on his club if he has issues...players being disrespecting national teams since forever...
His club wouldn't treat him as poorly as Oliseh did! The analogy is totally uncalled for!
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by ewosk: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
OLISEH MESSED UP

Just read an interview which he gave after the row saying that Enyeama lied no other detail; but said his action to strip Enyeama of his captaincy was because Enyeama told him when he just took over that he would retire soon... So for that reason he wanted to build on those not retiring.... myopic thinking from the coach i hope the Super Eagles wont struggle to get a replacement... Our midfield is still unsteady after Okocha retired

Enyeama deserved more than this
https://www.nairaland.com/2651722/some-facts-vincent-enyeama
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Atlantian: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
mayorkyzo:
na your mama go die...idiot
No, your mother will die bro cos mine already died so I understand what I mean. When yours die, and your so called Boss or friend dont call or pay homage you will understand what Vincent Enyama went through. Useless son of a nobody.

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by ceejay80s(m): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
dotna:
grin cheesy cheesy

The Eyeama i have watched on tv and on pitch is humble and always making sure the team stays together.

NFF should try and understand he just lost his dearest mum. They were even meant to offer him leave of absence to face family.

After all i believe there's a power behind family support that will lift his mood to give his all in attending national duties.
We know say some NFF oga's take their mama do juju, so dem no go see wetin we and our 1st choice keeper dey see
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by dayowunmi(m): 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
what position are we on the FIFA ranking @present? by the time oliseh finish with super eagles ehn, we will be ranked together with teams like Macedonia, Armenia and co. goalkeeping is a sensitive position, very important and crucial, if u don't get that place right, the teams suffer, experiment with other positions don't try that with goalkeeping, if its true oliseh asked security to whisk out enyeama then that's bad and immature of him. he wants to stamp his feet as coach but he's been excessive with it, he's likely going to be like Andre villas boas at Chelsea. oliseh is not likely to win anything with an inexperienced keeper especially as our defense is not the best neither is our midfield super. I wish him success though.

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by confun: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yomboy4ever:
-
enyeama afantastic footballer no doubt abt that
Bt am in support of N F. F on dis.
Firstly we should be able to respect our own
( Coach olishe) takes evry blame for the poor performances of team even wen d players are at fault. Eg morinho
enyeama woulndt have tried what he did with his club or any European coach.
Or even with any of ex international who has coached eagles in d past. Saisia keshi & d rest.
U can proof me wrong.
A captain leads by example u don't talk back to ur coach . He said no need for question sit down let discuss our game plan bt he insisted in asking & dat was d end.

olishe hastily decision abt d captain might be a mistake on his part but if he has kept quiet and enyeama has his way dat would have been a disaster.
Other players wil try such d coach and impunity in d dressing room is not allowed.
I hope he changes his mind and come to playing for d national team.
My opinion anyway..
this is the best response av read so far, as much as I love enyeama, I dislike his present actions, though d coach was also wrong, bt abeg he is d coach, let him finish wat he wants to say ,den u can raise ur points, not for u to start dragging words wit ur coach in d presence of the other players for that matter, nonsense and ingredients..... And den for him to start showing some emotional stuffs on social media so dt Nigerians can pity him and hate d coach isnt manly enough..haba...for him to start ranting on social media dt he had served d nation faithfully, in rain and in sun...bla bla bla...na God use u bro..(..my principle in life is ds, if am fortunate to help u or make u happy in any way, abeg na God use me o, I don't need any appreciation from u, if I no make myself available, walahi, God go use anoda person), bt again all ds enyeama's action could be due to d pain of his mums death because I used to know him as a humble person on d pitch....whatever sha, 2 wrongs can't make a right, enyeama, God be wit u, its actually not easy, especially if na mama die...not easy at all.
Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by skyisthelimit(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
Enyeama is mourning and should not have been invited for that game because he was not in the best frame of mind,it was just a friendly game...even like this whole beef was brewing up before now..let both coach and player resolve this thing personally with maturity as the country is bigger than both of them...the team or and country presently don't need all this negative energy.

Re: We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF by Adeyinka1758(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
kennosklint:

Mumu talk, so he didn't respect his boss by coming to camp immediately after mom's burial...

Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele / Salah Has 4 Yellow Cards In His EPL Career, 3 Of Them For Taking His Shirt Off / Tottenham Fan Arrested For Throwing Banana At Aubameyang

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58