Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April (1866 Views)

Poll: 3 crucial points are going to. . .?

Manchester United: 71% (10 votes)
Tottenham Hotspur: 21% (3 votes)
Draw: 7% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Leicester City Vs Manchester United (5 - 3) On 21st September 2014 / Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 8th May 2013 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich (2 - 1 ) On 25th April 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by SamMilla1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2009
manmustwac:

Mister Dutch Man do u even know where Old Trafford is? And u claim to support that team. Why don't u stick to your OWN FORUM or is so quiet there taht u have to come back to nairaland?

You can rant all you want.
The last time i checked, i have spent over 14 months on nairaland before you opened your first yahoo mail.
What does this have to do with ? .
Are you Jealous?
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by switch47(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2009
manmustwac:

Mister Dutch Man do u even know where Old Trafford is? And u claim to support that team. Why don't u stick to your OWN FORUM or is so quiet there taht u have to come back to nairaland?
 For some one with slight eye defect your user name could be mistaken for MUMU must wack-----Na sam milla you dey follow yarn like that------wetin carry gist enter say your team (i like spurs though) gave up a two goal lead at old trafford----Sammy does not know me with this ID its coded but i can tell you that one na fucckk up----if to say you be chelsea fan to God i 4 fire you non stop!! you fuckc up!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed who you be sef??
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by Dammyray(m): 8:07pm On Apr 25, 2009
Them go die self my brother
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by Cristalz(f): 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2009
Jairzinho:

Tottenham's probably the crappiest side in the EPL  tongue tongue tongue tongue

Even if the referee gave a wrong penalty,what about the 4 other goals
Just makes life harder for us  cry cry cry cry

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!!  kiss kiss kiss kiss[/center]

Sensible question.

@kelly_hand
 So what if Webb gave a wrong call, did he say if any Tottenham player scored against United they would get a red card? I mean, 4 goals?? Come on.  .  .that just shows the team is lame.
 If every team refused to fight after a wrong call by a ref, West Brom or Hull City should be in the UCL!!
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by nyabinghi(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2009
Why do people think shallow. Gomes was even lucky to be on the pitch, he should have been sent off. United scored 5 clean goals. Anyone who is unhappy should go jump in the lagoon. United is class, take it or leave it.

Why do fergie keep putting us in a mess with his asinine rotations. Nani should be shot.
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by Cristalz(f): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2009
Nani wasn't all bad. . .Rafael was also having a shaky game defensively.

Fergie took him off for O'Shea to make sure that RB was properly covered.
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by nyabinghi(m): 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2009
Fabinaski will concede 6 goals before half time. United all my life
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by nyabinghi(m): 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2009
fabianski i mean
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by baslone: 9:21am On Apr 26, 2009
Harry Redknapp and his assistants protested furiously that the
penalty that let Manchester United back into the game should never have been given.

The Tottenham Hotspur manager and his assistant, Joe Jordan,
were seen remonstrating with the referee Howard Webb in the
tunnel at full-time, arguing that Heurelho Gomes had reached the
ball when felling Michael Carrick from Wayne Rooney's searching
pass. "He's got a hand on the ball – it was a terrible decision," Redknapp
fumed. "It was a gift that United didn't deserve and it put them back
in the game. Without that bit of help from the ref, I don't think United
would have come back. If [Webb's] the best referee in the country, I
wouldn't like to see the worst one. Once again, we've been the victims
of a poor decision that has changed the course of a game."

Replays suggested that Webb's eyesight was anything but poor. In real time
the goalkeeper appeared to have been harshly penalised, yet slow motion showed
Carrick reaching the ball first and getting a touch to take it away from Gomes before
being brought down. All the same, Sir Alex Ferguson conceded United had been lucky.

"I think we might have been a bit fortunate with the penalty, but football
is funny that way," he said. "We got a break today, but at Wembley last week
we were denied a penalty. We had been too casual in the first half. We played
into Spurs' hands and deserved to be behind, but once we got the first goal we
were electric. Carlos Tevez was responsible for the extra energy in the second
half, but Wayne Rooney was fantastic. The energy and drive the boy's got is amazing."

nyabinghi:

fabianski  i mean

It's only in EPL and Old trafford Football can be funny.
Omo open your eyes. Their match na champions league. You'll have
to work for your goals without the assistance of a 12th player. Everybody
eyes don open tay tay.
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by larayat(f): 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2009
up man u.
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by manmustwac(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2009
switch47:

For some one with slight eye defect your user name could be mistaken for MUMU must wack-----Na sam milla you dey follow yarn like that------wetin carry gist enter say your team (i like spurs though) gave up a two goal lead at old trafford----Sammy does not know me with this ID its coded but i can tell you that one na fucckk up----if to say you be chelsea fan to God i 4 fire you non stop!! you fuckc up!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed who you be sef??
Mister Switch 47 i be human being like u. I think u beta switch off and cool down.
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by chidichris(m): 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2009
the refree won the game. the powers of the whitle and cards did the magic.
epl is really missing jose mourinho the only guy who cld make fergie keep quiet and make refrees to be at alert always.
shame to the officiating in epl.
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by manmustwac(m): 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2009
Sam Milla:

You can rant all you want.
The last time i checked, i have spent over 14 months on nairaland before you opened your first yahoo mail.
What does this have to do with ? .
Are you Jealous?
Are you sure? And when did i open my first yahoo mail then? Dose it matter to me if you've been around 14 months b4 me? And no mind me i just dey vex coz we lost the match. Am sorry ok.  wink
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by slimghost(m): 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2009
Pls Pls Pls, that boy Nani should be sold off immediately. He is not fit to be a UTD player, he cant finish, cant dribble, aint good in the air, looses possession too often, cant do anything except his crosses.
Re: Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April by elcid: 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2009
@Mancs,

Boro had a clear penalty call disallowed when Bendtner touched the ball in front of Chris Foy . He was offside a few minutes earlier but the goal was given.
The same Bendtner scored a legit goal against Liverpool but was ruled offside.
But since it's not United no one will raise hell. No one would mention that Palacios should have been sent off on Saturday in the 9th minute for the 2 footed lunge on Ronaldo. And that a 10 man Spurs at OT would have had their work cut out.

The lazy man's excuse for failure will always be that the man who succeeds is favored or was born with a silver spoon. It's the same reason we blame colonialism for our own failures when other nations are on the verge of becoming world powers.

Let them keep blaming penalties and refereeing decisions for their failures.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hazard V Kagawa. Players To Watch Out For Next Season / Open Letter To Arsene Wenger / Ujah Off To Mainz!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.