Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4765300 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2018
SoapMactavish:

Yes o, I've got MSc Psychology. Did a contract job that wasn't worth it for 2 years of my life, I got tired, resigned, and managed to buy a car I plan to use for the e-hailing business, and someone is here saying "it's the fault of people that do it full time", like good jobs are readily available or driving people around and taking orders from rude riders is such a spectacular thing to be desired.

In this country, there are just too many insensitive and unintelligent people in better positions. That's why nothing works.

Me self get B.Tech (Hons) grad in 2006 and av bin working on the island in a vast company. Resigned in 2017 and av bin doing uber just once a while, am not really consistent with it then but now av made up my mind really going fully uber now. GOD BLESS MY HUSTLE

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drestoneokuta(m): 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2018
luxy44:

A ride in a corolla or Hyundai with a NOISY WHEEL is good and shouldn't come cheap right? The driver isn't happy so he resorted to cheating right? Are you supporting fraud? The problem isn't uber or rider, the problem is you and other drivers that turned ride-sharing into a full time employment.
exkiss me Sir una go order driver to pass through road that is filled with potwell yet u want a PERFECT car all the time, for how much self. Make una no shake table oo.
As for cheating am against it, how God wan take bless that kind hustle?

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drestoneokuta(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:

Me self get B.Tech (Hons) grad in 2006 and av bin working on the island in a vast company. Resigned in 2017 and av bin doing uber just once a while, am not really consistent with it then but now av made up my mind really going fully uber now. GOD BLESS MY HUSTLE
Amen, It's high time some rude riders need to know that we drivers self pass in front of school gate.
Na who sing that song self "no use wetin I dey do dey laugh no condition is permanent, padi no take the job wey I dey use dey laugh oo all fingers are not equal" grin grin wink

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
Uber is just for a while, to get back on my feet

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LCWind(m): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
Niketrouble:
Hello All

AA driving school ikeja charges 55k for their driving lessons,pls is it worth it or can anyone recommend another good option around ikeja......Sorry for derailing,I need a quick answer

I charge 70k and will teach you with your own car.
The benefits are.
1) you won't need to pay to get your drivers license after learning as the 70k already covers that(NB: DL is 5years validity).
2) trainings are pre-scheduled to your convenient time.
3) temporary drivers license will be ready before you complete your training.
4) you get to seldom choose the route you will like to test your improvement with your trainee sitting beside you.

Mobile 08180387445

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
drestoneokuta:

exkiss me Sir una go order driver to pass through road that is filled with potwell yet u want a PERFECT car all the time, for how much self. Make una no shake table oo.
As for cheating am against it, how God wan take bless that kind hustle?

Lol, I don't live in the village...no such roads on my route
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
luxy44:

Lol, I don't live in the village...no such roads on my route
But the vehicles don't stay on your route alone, so you should understand that they go to very bad places.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
slamstanlee:
click on ur Google map, while ur location is on. Dont input any destination. The little blue dot is where u are, click on the dot. A blue command page will appear, at the bottom left of the page, find "calibrate compass" click on it. If ur compass is accurate it will say: compass accuracy: HIGH. If it is not, den u have to do d tilting/calibrating.

Disclaimer; most low ends tecno, infinix phones dont have compass

Compass accuracy says low. I Don try calibrate tire, mbanu.
If got the process right it should change to high ko?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
brogxy:

But the vehicles don't stay on your route alone, so you should understand that they go to very bad places.
U even get time dey reply this one, shebi he sabi report. Why is he here wining?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
medd422:

U don’t have a problem, I have done this before at iyana oworo bustop. It was early in d morning, I was trying to get some passengers to ajah to make up for my fuel but a particular policeman forced his way into my car and told me to park. He started demanding for my key. He said if I don’t give him d key, he won’t listen to me. I stylishly removed the car key from d bunch of keys while I was still pleading with him and gave him d rest. The foolish guy just left me there to go arrest another car. In his mind, he’s impounded my car. I just enter my car and drove off. Na my house key I give am

Yo, this cracked my ribs

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 6:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
shollywendy1:

Which market ?. Why hyping Nigerian police this way?.
This is Nigeria where police go they threaten u on top offence he doesn't have any idea about as an officer.
So far the guy fit summons courage drive his car away, case closed. Nigerian police na shit
#faints
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
My People sorry to bother you but I need suggestions. I have an offer, a 2003 corolla straight from apapa warf ( infact I fixed the plate number yesterday) and fully insured with a weekly target of 25k. Should I take it up with uber ?.

Note: am Not too familiar with Lagos route.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2018
nosanovia:

I do not agree with you that 90% of then are fraudulent, the new uber app is the problem, its only comparable with Iphones, Uber have even recently been telling all drivers to get iPhone 6 and above. The Techo and infinix brand are guilty of this location change or zig zag movement, its happens when drivers update their phone operating system, without calibrating their compass on Google map. And most of them are not even aware of this. To drivers in the house please learn to recalibrate your compass as often as possible......God bless your hustle.

Yes infinix don't have compass and therefore can't be calibrated and that is the reason you will have problem using it with uber because you will get a zig zag movement if you check your trip details but there is a trick to calibrate such phones
You can google it for better understanding
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LCWind(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2018
0taPiaPia:
My People sorry to bother you but I need suggestions. I have an offer, a 2003 corolla straight from apapa warf ( infact I fixed the plate number yesterday) and fully insured with a weekly target of 25k. Should I take it up with uber ?.

Note: am Not too familiar with Lagos route.

Take it up. Add me on whatsapp 08173930660 if you need further assistance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
Gentlelife50:

U even get time dey reply this one, shebi he sabi report. Why is he here wining?

I was about to say the same thing... Lolz.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phargbemmy(m): 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2018
check my CV, nearly 75% of those that drive on both platforms have one way of the other work in corporate organizations.

We all driver to get by. That I concentrate my energy on e-hailing does not mean I a none entity.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drestoneokuta(m): 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2018
Phargbemmy:
check my CV, nearly 75% of those that drive on both platforms have one way of the other work in corporate organizations.

We all driver to get by. That I concentrate my energy on e-hailing does not mean I a none entity.

This is intimidating, plus abeg na who do your C. V 4
You? E make sense, you fit help me do my own?
Hustle we pay off my brother
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
jayooh:

This?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shady2royce(m): 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
Please I need urgent answer to this question, I have my car can Uber provide me a driver? Or how does the process go. Please put me through
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MobilityExpress: 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
Niketrouble:
Hello All

AA driving school ikeja charges 55k for their driving lessons,pls is it worth it or can anyone recommend another good option around ikeja......Sorry for derailing,I need a quick answer

55k? Oh wow, interesting. Hmm, for 55k, i can teach you how to drive with a luxury car with fridge, dvd, reverse camera, navigation system, rear sensors, heated seats, massage seats, rear entertainment console...lots of other tech too long to list...and a/c as cold as Russia etc grin. This way you’re not just learning how to drive, but learning how to drive a luxury car and operate its tech. So when you get your own Porshe assurance you won’t park it at home like @ChefChi because she doesn’t know how to drive a luxury car cheesy

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2018
LCWind:

Take it up. Add me on whatsapp 08173930660 if you need further assistance.

OK Boss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2018
All you these MSc guys... Why sound so entitled? grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drestoneokuta(m): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
frugal:
All you these MSc guys... Why sound so entitled? grin
Because in a sane clime where everything works I should be a professional in my discipline and not having to be a taxi driver to survive!!!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sconp: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2018

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sconp: 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
Phargbemmy:

I would suggest you take down your CV. Contains a lot details which shouldn't be up here.

It's also surprising you got your B.Sc in two years 2004-2006 and no other education background written.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2018
drestoneokuta:

Because in a sane clime where everything works I should be a professional in my discipline and not having to be a taxi driver to survive!!!
There he goes again... Sounding so entitled grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
slamstanlee:
if dem catch u for mm1, are lucky. 10k
Last night i carry one vehicle owner go rescue her car. Mm2 50k. She said this is d 4th time she is paying to get her car back. Mm1, mm2 and international airport combined. Same driver.
As we are heading back to mende where i picked her, the moment we got to ikeja bridge she ask me to turn back so she can tell d driver something.
We got there, now they were putting air back in the deflated tires. At that spot she took the car keys from d driver, then his phone.
That's how he lost everything. Smh

But, nawa to that driver o. na only him waka come ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drestoneokuta(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
frugal:

There he goes again... Sounding so entitled grin
and that isn't a crime my friend

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
jayooh:

yes boss. What phone make sir?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
shady2royce:
Please I need urgent answer to this question, I have my car can Uber provide me a driver? Or how does the process go. Please put me through

You'll have to search for a driver your self.
I can help you out just mail me ur number let's talk
wisemarhn@gmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
That fellow that mention school and legs with noise won collect curse abi? Shock, linkage, pad nah 1k abi? Is it the copy and paste being practice in our educational system or certificate is an equivalent to success in life now? We need to get some things straight, we all long for good things, but you just have to do what you have to do to get by as long as you hurt no man... I am yet to see what is wrong with the business or driving in question, we all have choices, at the end make most of your time and let it count. If you know how many salary earners that are owning me or getting pass for free, I'm even chatting with one now, that does not mean it is bad to live on monthly salary, just do what works for you. Life is dynamic, uber/taxify may not last forever, rip what you can from it before it got bursted and move on to the next level, generation come, generation go, many peeps are no longer in this country, what most people do out dia to get by is ok by me as long as they are surviving, washing plate or cleaning the toilet, who cares? When they come home, they are good, they have a project going for them and we somewhat envy them, registered nurse till sells in US or Canada.

And for the drivers complaining about rude riders, its the way you dress and present yourself you will b address (When u will b wearing short nd slippers as if u want to take breeze outside, wot do u expect?). Phone conversation is enough to tell what's in front of you, if you are not please wit the sound from the other end, don't embark on such trip. Casual dressing or official, look smart and good, let your manner of approach command respect... A lady once yell at me on d phone "Where are you", my answer to that was, madam! Nah fight you want abi ride? you are shouting, she gentle throughout the trip and I collect my 5 star sharp, we need to understand, we r living in time of frustration transfer, it have nothing to do with the job, just know you have to treat some aro patients along the job (ask danfo drivers). The business being matter of time or not, we have EDC, GIG,YSG doing transport business for ages, haulage is a good one too, so anyone that feels like sitting in front of computer can go ahead, set up a cyber cafe or auditing firm, but please don't ever look down on what another man does for a living (Shit business nah serious business too)

Note:- Average Nigerians don't have up to 500k in their bank account, so if you do, smile and b grateful, think smart, things will get better Msc or not, the brain remains unlimited, eduction is meant to enlighten and enrich the mind, putting money in your pocket is just a by-product.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2018

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.