Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4758512 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (5693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
Gentlelife50:
Got this request in ikoyi while I was in Lekki, I was reluctant at first but didn't want to cancel so it won't affect my activity score. I waited for the rider to cancel she didn't I had to call and she begged me to come. I told her I will pay for tolls she said no problem that she'll pay me back it took me almost an hour to get to falomo she was just waiting patiently and gave me 1k as compensation and for the toll, how nice of her.
Done with the trip and I earned almost 7k from the trip plus the tip. Tips here and there today na Waoo.
Going home now.
I no do again.
grin
Tomorrow is another day.

Making sense earnings, I don't know how you guys do it.

My earnings today cry

Newbie tho

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
Just two days on uber,what do you guys think?

Note: I'm running both taxify and uber and I'm just less 3 weeks on taxify

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
fleet sale.
Contact. +234 805 322 1724
The cars are in ibadan
how much
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
toomush:

My earnings today cry

Newbie tho
You're trying my brother, besides it's not always like that everyday
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 11:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

mileage 38,000km (22,000miles) and seals are broken? It's either nissan is a yeye car, or stalion motors is a lipsrsealed company cheesy

+234 803 237 0718

Book the car for inspection make we confirm.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
Rollitout:
How do I forcefully set Trip destination request
Lol, Africa no deh gree
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
Rollitout:
How do I forcefully set Trip destination request

You just can't, so quit trying...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 11:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
toomush:

My earnings today cry

Newbie tho
You probably did not go tru the thread very well, anyway let me answer ur question.
1. Pray hard before you leave ur house and starting of trips

1.1 Start early: 4:30am get up and set destination.

2. Positioning: Example you can't stay inside mushin and expect island trip, you will get Festac and Ago. Ask Gentle will explain beta

3. Trip Chasing: You must ve heard us talking about about surge, yes chase it, one thing with surge is that even if it's gone when you got there, just hang around you must get trip, because some smart ass riders, won't request till the surge is over. One rider told me he has been requesting for the past two hours and canceling because he doesn't want surge trip, stingy guy doesn't want drivers to smile. On that note chase wisely some are not worth it.

4: Pepe and Salt: ask the taxiappguy about it grin grin grin joking please don't come for me

5. Make friends: always try to keep in contact with some nice riders, I have this lady I take to her office every morning at V.i

6. Stanley this space is for you

7. Romeo

8. Chuck

9.Gentle

9.1 Tgirl

10. Always keep contact with ur follow drivers, they will teach you there own tweaks they use, we learn everyday, that's why some of us are here everyday.

That said, some days are so bad you will probably prefer not coming out that day than come out and not get trips, or get useless trip grin grin grin grin grin

Would ve added Gazzuzz buh he doesn't river anymore grin grin grin, I remember when he told us he made, 7k from 7pm to 11pm, that made me seat up grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 11:53pm On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Drivers, fresh meat don land grin

Carry dey go we no chop! undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 12:01am On Oct 31, 2018
Megadrop:
Bros, I am talking from experience, riders cancellation and drivers cancellation accounts for one being blocked. They feel that most riders cancel after they must have spoken with the driver and he or she declines the trip. I was blocked on independence eve when I was just completing my 18th trip. The message was communicated to me that night via sms immediately I swiped to complete a trip. Consequent upon that I was made to go through a mandatory course for those that were blocked and in the cause of that I was also made to understand that all I stated in the foregoings or rather in my earlier post on cancellation counts including your city of operation. Furthermore, on enquiry same thing was also sounded into my ears at the greenlight hub.

Confirm!
I was at the Hub on Monday and the very fine geh with pretty face and sweet voice giving us lecture said it too...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 12:24am On Oct 31, 2018
I was at the Greenlight Hub on Monday to complete my registration and training...

Close to 30 men seated in that room and I felt like I was the only one who doesn't need this training...like they didn't know I graduated from University of Nairaland, 80% of what she talked about are things I already know about.

Looking at the faces of some of these guys and the question some of them asked shows their level of naivety

There's this guy with a fake yankee accent, he asked the world's dumbest question...

"CAN UBER DRIVERS CARRY CORPSE?"

He even asked it twice...at different times during the training.

I was hoping to meet one or more nairalanders who too are visitors to this thread...I asked about 8 guys and none of them know about this thread...3 don't know about nairaland at all at all...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 2:06am On Oct 31, 2018
brogxy:

That means your riders cancellation was really high.
Chai! I counted my riders' cancellation for today. A whole 11
Yes na, riders cancellation was high. The thing pain me cos I was close to wining the independence bonus of 7k. Some mumu riders will always cancel based on the undermentioned. 1. If you delay in calling them after accepting their request. 2. If ur location is far from their pickup point and they can't wait cos they are in a hurry( most times Uber will display 2mins ETA to them while the driver will be seeing 5mins and when you accept it it changes to 8mins. Me, I look out for two things when accepting incoming requests and they are ETA and distance to pickup location. Then after accepting I will check to see the riders rating so as prepare myself on how to deal with the rider.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 2:32am On Oct 31, 2018
ifyeez:
You probably did not go tru the thread very well, anyway let me answer ur question.

2. Positioning: Example you can't stay inside mushin and expect island trip, you will get Festac and Ago. Ask Gentle will explain beta

3. Trip Chasing: You must ve heard us talking about about surge, yes chase it, one thing with surge is that even if it's gone when you got there, just hang around you must get trip, because some smart ass riders, won't request till the surge is over. One rider told me he has been requesting for the past two hours and canceling because he doesn't want surge trip, stingy guy doesn't want drivers to smile. On that note chase wisely some are not worth it.

4: Pepe and Salt: ask the taxiappguy about it grin grin grin joking please don't come for me

5. Make friends: always try to keep in contact with some nice riders, I have this lady I take to her office every morning at V.i

7. Romeo

8. Chuck

9.Gentle

9.1 Tgirl

10. Always keep contact with ur follow drivers, they will teach you there own tweaks they use, we learn everyday, that's why some of us are here everyday.

That said, some days are so bad you will probably prefer not coming out that day than come out and not get trips, or get useless trip grin grin grin grin grin

Would ve added Gazzuzz buh he doesn't river anymore grin grin grin, I remember when he told us he made, 7k from 7pm to 11pm, that made me seat up grin
Well spoken bro. Not necessarily starting early, most times I don't start early but I finish very very well. My area dey surge all the time. Island trips can be gotten from Mushin cos of its proximity to V.I, I have done quite a number from there. Positioning is the master key in this work and this work doesn't expect one to be lazy. Don't wait too long in one place waiting for request, always change position. You can't sleep in ur car all day under the tree and expect good returns lailai. Target long trips and surge(not scam surge o) cos its the ultimate. Always check ur map before embarking on any trip especially trips to the mainland for traffic update and its not every trip(area) you see u jump at. Be wise in this work.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 2:37am On Oct 31, 2018
toomush:

My earnings today cry

Newbie tho
Well done bro. Gradually, u will get there, Rome wasn't built in a day and pikin must crawl before he walk abi. Encourage yourself and don't be lazy.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by joeokoriem: 6:44am On Oct 31, 2018
Please house where is Romeo3 I've missed that dude. Why is he hidden. Did he eat someone's money. Ogunvic I can understand but romeo I still don't get it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 8:25am On Oct 31, 2018
I must chop Taxify salary bonus, at least for the first time, they even made it fair.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 8:32am On Oct 31, 2018
Gentlelife50:

You're trying my brother, besides it's not always like that everyday

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ore16: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2018
Detail about Uber experience in Lagos :

Uber does not consider driver in taken decision against the driver .
The rating system is not better for the driver/Partiner
Take for instance you are the owner of your vehicle and you carried rider after greeting and nice talk the rider want you to speed up against traffic and you refuse , it will affect your rating and if rider gave you poor rating continuosly , Uber will not asked you your own story they belief whatever rider rate you is true in Nigeria .

Please I want anybody on Uber platform to share his experience.

If you want to use your car think twice . It is not profitable as people claim it is .

Let people on the platform come on line and do analysis of how to make the money they are claim .

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2018
ifyeez:

7. Romeo

8. Chuck

9.Gentle

9.1 Tgirl

Thanks for the heads up, I will put in more effort.

I do network with drivers, have met alot of them on the road.

About salt and pepper, I have met two drivers that are using it, they are not bothered, they say they only like 3 trips and they will be "alright"

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 8:40am On Oct 31, 2018
Megadrop:
Well done bro. Gradually, u will get there, Rome wasn't built in a day and pikin must crawl before he walk abi. Encourage yourself and don't be lazy.

Thanks bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ore16: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2018
toomush:

My earnings today cry

Newbie tho

U are making #7000 plus on 7 trip how is profitable to you . U AVE not meet rider that will give you 1 rating despite being nice to them . If the rider that you went to pick at Ikoyi from Lekki is not good tell me how do you compensate for your fuel that you will used to carry the rider . Who is at loss . Uber will still deduct their 25per cent immediately . With the lowest money they are charging .

Out of the trip you will carry rider of shortest distance of 300 and Uber will still deduct their money . U own your car and still u do not know the rating they will give u and Uber belief in this rating without consider the driver/Partiner .

Bro pls mind you wear and tear of the vehicle and servicing are real and no vehicle in Uber platform that work within a month without visiting mechanic workshop for check up .

Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 31, 2018
ore16:

U are making #7000 plus on 7 trip how is profitable to you . U AVE not meet rider that will give you 1 rating despite being nice to them . If the rider that you went to pick at Ikoyi from Lekki is not good tell me how do you compensate for your fuel that you will used to carry the rider . Who is at loss . Uber will still deduct their 25per cent immediately . With the lowest money they are charging .

Out of the trip you will carry rider of shortest distance of 300 and Uber will still deduct their money . U own your car and still u do not know the rating they will give u and Uber belief in this rating without consider the driver/Partiner .

Bro pls mind you wear and tear of the vehicle and servicing are real and no vehicle in Uber platform that work within a month without visiting mechanic workshop for check up .

Thank you
People know about all these but I don't think anyone forced you to drive on Uber.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ore16: 9:02am On Oct 31, 2018
toomush:

Thanks for the heads up, I will put in more effort.

I do network with drivers, have met alot of them on the road.

About salt and pepper, I have met two drivers that are using it, they are not bothered, they say they only like 3 trips and they will be "alright"

Pls does you guys have watps chat if I can join for further discussion .

I joined Uber last month due to loss of my job and I had done over 100 trip . But my experience is that the job is not profitable except you have special customer off Uber or taxify .

The major one that pain me most is I carried a rider from park view Estate Ikoyi to Abule Egba, we spent 2hours 45minutes even the rider was tired of traffic . At the end of the trip Uber charge #4560 and deducted 1000plus which is 25percent . I used #2000 fuel . I can do any work again after the trip . Where is gain in d business . Wear and tear of the vehicle is also there .

Guy is any place I can do drop and chatter off Uber .

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by joeokoriem: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2018
ore16:

I joined Uber last month due to loss of my job and I had done over 100 trip . But my experience is that the job is not profitable except you have special customer off Uber or taxify .

The major one that pain me most is I carried a rider from park view Estate Ikoyi to Abule Egba, we spent 2hours 45minutes even the rider was tired of traffic . At the end of the trip Uber charge #4560 and deducted 1000plus which is 25percent . I used #2000 fuel . I can do any work again after the trip . Where is gain in d business . Wear and tear of the vehicle is also there .

Thank you
what car do u drive

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 9:47am On Oct 31, 2018
22Mikey:

Why were you blocked?

I could not login, so I visited the Maryland office and they open another account for me, only for them to blocked me after 3days saying account conflict.. Till now... I really don't understand what they meant. Anyways I visited their office again and they claim the first acc is been used while I'm using the 2nd acc. How possible is that.

Theire final reply was ' sorry you can't driver own uber again. Then I walked out of their office saying bye bye to 25%
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2018
ore16:

Thank you

It's crazy right.

I also drive on Taxify, so far Taxify been paying me, I just say make I try both of them at the same time to decrease my waiting time, anyone that comes first I go for it

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TY4succex(m): 11:36am On Oct 31, 2018
Kasby2233:
I need car O,either for rent or HP. I'm on both Uber and taxify, u can reach mi on 09098627201

Are you still interested? Send mail to me if yes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TY4succex(m): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2018
darmilolah:
I am an experienced driver with 4.6+ Rating. I need a corolla, yaris, Kia, Hyundai, city, Civic car to work with on rental. If you have any of these cars available or you know anybody with a car. kindly call or whatsapp Me on 08030434610

Are you still interested? Send mail to me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sam2kenny: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
I was at Uber office yesterday and was given a link for online test, I'm meant to go back on Thurs but will be out of town till Sunday. Is it possible for me to go on Monday?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
ore16:

Thank you

Dru23! is that you? grin grin grin

Na joke i dey oooooooo

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2018
ore16:

Thank you

Bro, it maybe the car you are using is drinking your fuel. I have been driving since morning on 1k fuel, I still get half tank.

From experience my car gives 5k on 1k fuel.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
toomush:

Bro, it maybe the car you are using is drinking your fuel. I have been driving since morning on 1k fuel, I still get half tank.

From experience my car gives 5k on 1k fuel.
this table you are shaking, hmmm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (5693) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.