Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1099) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4752074 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waks1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
Megadrop:
Both riders cancelled trip and drivers cancelled trip accounts for one being blocked. In addition to that make sure that your cancellation rate is max 7% all tru the week cos Uber starts counting from Monday till Sunday and at the end if your cancellation rate exceeds the city's preferred cancellation rate you will be blocked. According to Uber every city in operation has its own laid down cancellation rate and drivers mustn't exceed it or else they be blocked.
Is there anywhere to check these cancellation rate on this new app update?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by damirex4real(m): 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
This is for people that want to get fresh driving license

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
I am going to pick this rider from the sea.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
oladee13:
Good day everyone,

Nice thread here. I have been looking into Uber for a while now as a side hustle but not as a driver but a partner. I intend to register my car on the uber platform and have someone drive it while my wife manages it. I am would like to read your experiences on such ideas as well as the potential drawbacks. Also i would like to know how to go about it... as a matter of fact, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Drivers, fresh meat don land grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
tukopy:

My friend, assumptions leads nowhere.

What does the like do to ones profile, because I have no idea

You tell me, you are the one that came to a public forum intended for all things e-hailing to wish yourself a happy birthday. What response where expecting from complete strangers? narcissistic much cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
Gazzuzz, please do u know of a good mechanic that deals on nissan cars...
Had to service my car and i took it to stallion, i was given a bill of roughly 120k but paid 102k due to discount. Went to pick up my car after servicing only for them to come up with a fresh list of things i need to do and this time its 108k....

Kindly find attached.

The first picture is the one i paid for while the second the is the fresh list

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
waks1:

I was also going to ask the same question because most of what brogxy was quoting was in line with the old App but is there a way to monitor on this new app cos these days I dey cancel trips sere sere...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2018
iyaegin:

I was also going to ask the same question because most of what brogxy was quoting was in line with the old App but is there a way to monitor on this new app cos these days I dey cancel trips sere sere...
soon they go cancel you. Xmas is coming, guard your uber. If you know...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dzeph1: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2018
zigziggy:
Yes just make sure you are not presenting a fake TDL
What is TDL?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2018
Dzeph1:

What is TDL?

Temporary Drivers License

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
Dovehorizon:
Gazzuzz, please do u know of a good mechanic that deals on nissan cars...
Had to service my car and i took it to stallion, i was given a bill of roughly 120k but paid 102k due to discount. Went to pick up my car after servicing only for them to come up with a fresh list of things i need to do and this time its 108k....

Kindly find attached.

The first picture is the one i paid for while the second the is the fresh list

mileage 38,000km (22,000miles) and seals are broken? It's either nissan is a yeye car, or stalion motors is a lipsrsealed company cheesy

+234 803 237 0718
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

mileage 38,000km (22,000miles) and seals are broken? It's either nissan is a yeye car, or stalion motors is a lipsrsealed company cheesy

Me thinks yeye dey smell. Hmmm
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Bros, Abeg which toll be #500?
Lekki and airport

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2018
Megadrop:
Both riders cancelled trip and drivers cancelled trip accounts for one being blocked. In addition to that make sure that your cancellation rate is max 7% all tru the week cos Uber starts counting from Monday till Sunday and at the end if your cancellation rate exceeds the city's preferred cancellation rate you will be blocked. According to Uber every city in operation has its own laid down cancellation rate and drivers mustn't exceed it or else they be blocked.
Log into your driver's account on your browser, you will see your cancellation rate there. There is nothing like rider's cancellation

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
brogxy:

Log into your driver's account on your browser, you will see your cancellation rate there. There is nothing like rider's cancellation
waks1:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
iyaegin:

Don't cancel request sere o.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dzeph1: 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2018
ebiye55:

Temporary Drivers License
Ok thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2018
Megadrop:
I make sure I don't cancel more than 2 per day
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
How can I make uber not go give me UBERX again

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
Chuwaa:

I just de laugh you. You should know when Gazzuz is being sarcastic.

I'm new here and I see his name as the most refrenced on this thread that is why I directed the question to him...

in your honest opinion what is your view about the two vehicles I mentioned.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
Exactly my thought, oil seal cant be broken at this point cus i know how i drive, meanwhile its a 2013 suv and bought brandnew in 2013.
I think they wanna play a fast once hence my decision to look for a competent mechanic to check it out.
December is around the corner and they are lookinf for where to get more income. The 102k they have taken from me is okay, let someone else check this out.

GAZZUZZ:

+234 803 237 0718
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
WinningSun:

I'm new here and I see his name as the most refrenced on this thread that is why I directed the question to him...

in your honest opinion what is your view about the two vehicles I mentioned.

Both Cars are not suitable For Ehailing, the cost of maintenance will drain all earnings.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
brogxy:

Bros, I am talking from experience, riders cancellation and drivers cancellation accounts for one being blocked. They feel that most riders cancel after they must have spoken with the driver and he or she declines the trip. I was blocked on independence eve when I was just completing my 18th trip. The message was communicated to me that night via sms immediately I swiped to complete a trip. Consequent upon that I was made to go through a mandatory course for those that were blocked and in the cause of that I was also made to understand that all I stated in the foregoings or rather in my earlier post on cancellation counts including your city of operation. Furthermore, on enquiry same thing was also sounded into my ears at the greenlight hub.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
Megadrop:
Bros, I am talking from experience, riders cancellation and drivers cancellation accounts for one being blocked. They feel that most riders cancel after they must have spoken with the driver and he or she declines the trip. I was blocked on independence eve when I was just completing my 18th trip. The message was communicated to me that night via sms immediately I swiped to complete a trip. Consequent upon that I was made to go through a mandatory course for those that were blocked and in the cause of that I was also made to understand that all I stated in the foregoings or rather in my earlier post on cancellation counts including your city of operation. Furthermore, on enquiry same thing was also sounded into my ears at the greenlight hub.
That means your riders cancellation was really high.
Chai! I counted my riders' cancellation for today. A whole 11
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
Got this request in ikoyi while I was in Lekki, I was reluctant at first but didn't want to cancel so it won't affect my activity score. I waited for the rider to cancel she didn't I had to call and she begged me to come. I told her I will pay for tolls she said no problem that she'll pay me back it took me almost an hour to get to falomo she was just waiting patiently and gave me 1k as compensation and for the toll, how nice of her.
Done with the trip and I earned almost 7k from the trip plus the tip. Tips here and there today na Waoo.
Going home now.
I no do again.
grin
Tomorrow is another day.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2018
iyaegin:

They cancelled me oooo, but I am back to field. Though still match rusty.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
brogxy:

Lekki and airport
Okay
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
oladee13:
Good day everyone,

Nice thread here. I have been looking into Uber for a while now as a side hustle but not as a driver but a partner. I intend to register my car on the uber platform and have someone drive it while my wife manages it. I am would like to read your experiences on such ideas as well as the potential drawbacks. Also i would like to know how to go about it... as a matter of fact, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

From where did you start the thread. It's obvious you didn't read. Let me help you. Go back to at least page 850 and read along, you'll get all your answers.
Nobody is ready to spoon feed you now. No time.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2018
slamstanlee:
with 70% completion rate everybody is a winner.

Not necessarily, I deh 52% so. Monday morning was annoying with un-doable trips

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
Gentlelife50:
Got this request in ikoyi while I was in Lekki, I was reluctant at first but didn't want to cancel so it won't affect my activity score. I waited for the rider to cancel she didn't I had to call and she begged me to come. I told her I will pay for tolls she said no problem that she'll pay me back it took me almost an hour to get to falomo she was just waiting patiently and gave me 1k as compensation and for the toll, how nice of her.
Done with the trip and I earned almost 7k from the trip plus the tip. Tips here and there today na Waoo.
Going home now.
I no do again.
grin
Tomorrow is another day.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
Is this good or I should try more, I av 2hrs of drive time left

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
How do I forcefully set Trip destination request

(1) (2) (3) ... (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: jstburner(m), ruem and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.