Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748337 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43am On Nov 21, 2018
chucsmoore:
Me enjoying uber, LOL. i dont do uber. i only do taxify. Have u ask yourself how taxify started. The brains behind taxify Nigeria started from a very small office with little capital back in 2015. within the space of 3 years They ve grown so big that they are giving uber run for their money. The success of a business is not determined by its financial capacity but by mental capacity of the brains involve. i have seen companies ( private, national and multi-national that invested alot of money into their business but ended bankrupt. knowledge is more important than finance. i am talking from experience.

They were the only competition uber had. it was easy to vote APC when PDP was misbehaving.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin007: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2018
Drunice23:

Like Vladimir Putin?.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by PuZZyNegro: 8:40am On Nov 21, 2018
sharzy:
Iffa hear "Glo network poor for mainland" i will advise the dude to go for Airtel or better still get Spectranet wifi

Airtel and MTN is better than spectranet. I will advise Smile instead. Spectranet relies on air/wind to work and may not work well inside a locked car

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 8:45am On Nov 21, 2018
Vividly, I remember 2 years ago, Uber was very classic, exotic cars with 5 star drivers come to pick you up, jeeps come to pick you up, sweets and were offers to you by drivers, water and pnuts were offered to you by drivers, I used to be one of those great drivers on uber. Uber grew so strong and enjoyed monopoly, they disregarded, maltreated drivers and became a small g god that wasn't accessible. We woke up one morning at the close of 2016 to read on news that uber slashed their fares by 40% without considering the cost of car purchasing an exotic vehicle and maintaining it. I am one of those drivers who sat and made sure uber paid for their sins. By doing so, we swept to taxify abandoned Uber with their rediculus fares and maltreatment. We made sure riders got limited access to rides when needed.

This affected uber so much that their office moved from Ikoyi to Maryland. For the first time, I saw uber running adverts and begging for partners and drivers at every shoprite in Lagos. Uber standard dropped so much that today they accept cars low as 1997 models as against 2008 models when they started. I call this "Collapse of an Empire".

Taxify capitalised on the errors of Uber, then promised diver/partners better treatment and income.

In less than a year, Taxify became a scam to drivers, roled out un-achievable incentives/promos, poisonous rating system, deducting their 15% from toll gate money, not rewarding a driver when a rider dosent pay fare or complete fare on a cash trip, blocking of drivers without proper investigation on allegations laid and poor GPS coverage.

As if these wasn't enough, we woke up on 16th Nov, 2018 to read that taxify has further reduced their fares by 15%. To most riders ,it's a welcomed development, while to most drivers, it's modern slavery.
I no longer drive with Taxify, but my advice to all are as follows...

In the next 4 months, expect more downgraded cars to come pick you up on trips, expect cars worth the rediculus fare charged by Taxify such as 1994 model of cars which would be worse than yellow cabs.

Expect more cancellations and rejection of trips from drivers to and from forbidden areas such as satellite Town, Abule-egba and arears with bad roads and terrible traffic. Reasons because, it's not worth the stress on cars.

Partners expect a reduction in your weekly remittance money. For instance, 15000 to 25000 weekly at most. If you can't accept that, drive your car yourself .

Lastly, until Taxify decided to learn and accept that drivers are the life wire of the business , your days in Lagos are numbered .

Cheers
Copied

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:51am On Nov 21, 2018
styveke:
Vividly, I remember 2 years ago, Uber was very classic, exotic cars with 5 star drivers come to pick you up, jeeps come to pick you up, sweets and were offers to you by drivers, water and pnuts were offered to you by drivers, I used to be one of those great drivers on uber. Uber grew so strong and enjoyed monopoly, they disregarded, maltreated drivers and became a small g god that wasn't accessible. We woke up one morning at the close of 2016 to read on news that uber slashed their fares by 40% without considering the cost of car purchasing an exotic vehicle and maintaining it. I am one of those drivers who sat and made sure uber paid for their sins. By doing so, we swept to taxify abandoned Uber with their rediculus fares and maltreatment. We made sure riders got limited access to rides when needed.

This affected uber so much that their office moved from Ikoyi to Maryland. For the first time, I saw uber running adverts and begging for partners and drivers at every shoprite in Lagos. Uber standard dropped so much that today they accept cars low as 1997 models as against 2008 models when they started. I call this "Collapse of an Empire".

Taxify capitalised on the errors of Uber, then promised diver/partners better treatment and income.

In less than a year, Taxify became a scam to drivers, roled out un-achievable incentives/promos, poisonous rating system, deducting their 15% from toll gate money, not rewarding a driver when a rider dosent pay fare or complete fare on a cash trip, blocking of drivers without proper investigation on allegations laid and poor GPS coverage.

As if these wasn't enough, we woke up on 16th Nov, 2018 to read that taxify has further reduced their fares by 15%. To most riders ,it's a welcomed development, while to most drivers, it's modern slavery.
I no longer drive with Taxify, but my advice to all are as follows...

In the next 4 months, expect more downgraded cars to come pick you up on trips, expect cars worth the rediculus fare charged by Taxify such as 1994 model of cars which would be worse than yellow cabs.

Expect more cancellations and rejection of trips from drivers to and from forbidden areas such as satellite Town, Abule-egba and arears with bad roads and terrible traffic. Reasons because, it's not worth the stress on cars.

Partners expect a reduction in your weekly remittance money. For instance, 15000 to 25000 weekly at most. If you can't accept that, drive your car yourself .

Lastly, until Taxify decided to learn and accept that drivers are the life wire of the business
, your days in Lagos are numbered .

Cheers
Copied

shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:56am On Nov 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

They were the only competition uber had. it was easy to vote APC when PDP was misbehaving.

Sir, You want us to vote back d incompetent pdp that almost Looted our Country dry. Taxify remains d viable option till I retire and hang my boots

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:58am On Nov 21, 2018
chucsmoore:
Not all that glitters are Gold. U never know d kind problems they are going through. Money without peace of mind. Is that one money ? Most of their children are useless. Is either they are addicted to one to thing or d other. Bro there is nothing like clean money. I don’t want dirty money. Because there are always repercussions. Karma is real. Except d grace of d almighty God is just there to cover up for your sins.
nice one bro.corruption is just wired into some people's bloodstream. Imagine what that one was saying.God bless you bro.honest money brings peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2018
Deen112:

This advise is applicable to those that can afford to drive themselves but are forming boss because they want to be able to tell peeps that they the have drivers on the platform.
Nice one bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2018
Sukosam:
Senior men in the house. My name is Sukosam, a highly efficient, experienced, honest, and trustworthy driver with Uber. Pls I need a car on rental basis. Available partners in the house can reach me on 07051211691(call or what's app), and I can assure you that you got absolutely nothing to worry about with me. Tks
I agree totally
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2018
Enyinne:
grin serious one
at least you guys have something in common grin.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 11:14am On Nov 21, 2018
jarkbauer:

Best thing that can happen to transportation is for a govt to give us ability to invest into public transport franchise.

I thought I was the one only one that think this way. So many times I see the BRT cruising on their lane with sure riders at every b/STOP and I wish the govt could allow ordinary citizens invest one or two BRT buses on that platform.
But it's a jungle out there

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by karadjorje: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2018
Toyota Camry 2004 bought 2 months ago up for uber/taxify HP. Deposit of 500,000 required, 40,000 weekly,2 guarantors business or salary earner. Please only contact me if you meet the above requirements.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
karadjorje:
Toyota Camry 2004 bought 2 months ago up for uber/taxify HP. Deposit of 500,000 required, 40,000 weekly,2 guarantors business or salary earner. Please only contact me if you meet the above requirements.

We have a rookie

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adeeva06(f): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
Brilliant.

Enyinne:
That's the story u can tell the less entrepreneural buddies and not us who are practising It in the real world. It's called mind game. Financial knowledge without a well balanced account is like dreaming on bicycle.Your enjoying uber today ,imagining their huge profit is cos they invested huge funds. Every business needs that finance and not just knowledge to grow it .if for financial knowledge, many young guys u see driving uber won't be doing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
karadjorje:

any driver with 500k in his acc will not do uber.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adeeva06(f): 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Be realistic nao...

karadjorje:

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 1:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

any driver with 500k in his acc will not do uber.

Oga Gazzuzz, pls share ideas. Like what businesses would such a driver do?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
frugal:

Recruit drivers from the village. Recycle them every 6months when they start becoming pros. Problem solved grin. Buy me a beer later cheesy

Legenda-r-y
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by raykas(m): 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2018
You better go and sell your car instead of putting on Hp, well you can as well take your brother to Uber office for drivers training and give the car on hp to him to deliver 40k weekly for you. Drivers are not slave or Atm machine.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2018
karadjorje:

walahi you can't get anyone for this offer except you are realistic with your terms and conditions.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

some riders hate the corrola and religiously give it 1star.

Especially the 03-07 model. The day a carried a rider with 2012 corolla eh, I wished I had dash cam to record how joyous she was. She just deh rant about the popular corolla.
Different strokes 4 different folks

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
Carshopper:

I never see rider rejecting Kia rio ... I also drive one oo..so please where u get this stats from...
They do, those one with entitlement mentality that cannot afford to buy 2 wheelers.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adeniyiHansome(m): 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
Tgiirl:

Price of corollas are now dropping due to the rate that naija used are up for sale almost everywhere in Lagos.

Dead corolla cars lol....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adeniyiHansome(m): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
Damage like this...

toomush:

Gokada is already doing slight damage.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
TheCar:

If KIA RIO is my official ride, I wouldn't resign.

I DIDN'T USE MY MONEY TO BUY IT, SERVICE IT OR REPAIR IT. wink wink wink

Also "IF" given the option, a KIA RIO wouldn't be my official ride. grin

Boss boss, kia Rio not that bad. I drove one for 6 months.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
lagostaxiguy:

There you go again, birds of same feather supporting each other , i never said i wanted a case, Uber should just train drivers better, i am also a seldom driver on the platform which is why i brought the topic up here, I have already called the driver in question and he was apologizing which i have recorded , i aksed him over the phone if my wife told him she was married and he acknowledge but according to him he was only trying to be friendly and realized he took it too far by asking for a hug at the end of the trip. I don't have time for any case so idiot like you looking for proof can take a back seat.

Haven't you ever heard of the punchline "you lack home training". Not everyone allows the training to pass through them, uber have tried their utmost but pervs will be pervs.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
jayooh:

Boss boss, kia Rio not that bad. I drove one for 6 months.

My Chairman,

I didn't say Kia Rio is a bad car.

I will not pick a Kia Rio ahead of a Toyota Corolla.

Dem dey compare Kia Rio with Toyota Corolla.

How is the other side? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
Me and my super partner. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
adeniyiHansome:

Damage like this...

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
Gokada is seriously gaining grounds. I never heard about them, but noticed their green helmets. If you drive from Maryland to airport, you'll see so many of them with riders and luggages.

I just downloaded mine today. I wanted to go to Osborne from Mtn office behind Zenith bank Aromire road Ikoyi.

Uber was 480, Taxify 550. Gokada 200.
I went with Gokada sharp sharp. We beat the usual Osborne traffic.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
julietromeo:

Its a good deal for both parties if its a direct tokunbo without any issue. But you must be an experienced driver to handle hire purchase. Don't dare it if you are a new driver.
You sound really confident in your opinion, which means you know what you're saying. Please which type of deal is best for new driver-partners?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
JABB:

Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception

Does the Soul die?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Snrman1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.