Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,759 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4840700 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) ... (5714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 1:59am On Dec 24, 2018
Result

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 2:23am On Dec 24, 2018
franksam2009:
but come to think of it, I think you and dru3 are right, no matter what or how much you reduce it to, drivers will always complain, the hardworking drivers are not on nairaland, the drivers should put theirselves on the car owners shoes for a minute, money does not fall from heaven on, a car owner worked hard for months to save up millions in other to acquire a car it will take years to recover his money on Uber oo , ND a driver will just come from nowhere collect ur hard earned car and wants to make same amount with the car owner SMH,,

Bro. There are too many stupid people in the world. Too many lazy people. We all have lazy relatives. We all have that relative that always reasons left. Imagine that person as an uber driver. They will make excuses for Africa.

Uber driving is peculiar. Not everyone can do it. Funny thing is those that cannot do it are blocking the view of those that can. Unserious people exist in every facet of life. Let the mentality that every uber driver is perfect and sane, stop. You see them complaing no request no request but go to any shoprite and you will find over 50 uber and taxify drivers parked there and gisting. Doing nothing. Waiting for request to come to them instead of being proactive with their positioning. How many people come to shoprite and where is their likely destination except short distances? How will they get request? There will be surge in Surulere and Yaba in the morning, but you will see 25 - 30 uber drivers on airport queue waiting. Waiting for what and who exactly? How many flights come in by that time? How will they get request? These are verifiable facts.

Many people don't have sense. You and I know this fact. How can you give a corolla to someone that doesn't have sense and expect him to deliver? Many of the uber drivers that are making this money have the same mindset, which is being their own bosses. So they know they cannot drive a car forever. That's why they hustle hard, make money, and invest in other stuff. But when someone that doesn't have sense is given the sharpest tools, he won't achieve nothing. How can someone wake up by 8am, start work by 10am and close by 6pm and still expect to meet up? There are very simple traits of hustlers that are inherent in them. It cannot be learnt and it cannot be taught. A hustler will always find a way. A non hustler will always complain.

There is always a surge most mornings in Lagos even before this seasonal surge. A surge occurs because riders outnumber drivers and why won't they be outnumbered when they are sleeping?

See people making money these past few weeks and posting results. I can still tell you that there are drivers here who did not still meet up with their rentals this same week that ended because they are fuckingly lazy. Try as much as you want to demonize dru23. He is saying the truth. It's just that majority of Nairaland drivers are too daft and lazy and will do anything to defend themselves including logging in with the various accounts they use for car begging, and liking their own posts when the truth is hit on their head.

Partners should wise up. If there was no money in this business the companies would have folded up. Drivers are the problem. All a partner should do is make sure his cars are in perfection before giving them out and watch the pattern of those drivers. Sack anyone who sleeps too much. If everyone slept as much as they do, things won't work out.

Give a lazy man the sharpest tools and send him to farm. He will still find a way to complain.

I know a guy on HP. He sleeps all day. But works all night. He owed his landlord. Because he prioritized paying his HP rental than his house rent. Sacrifice. He had a goal. Now he has paid off the car. These ones here want to pay 25k, sleep all day, eat the best food, have enough airtime and data for rubbish, flex, and be patted on the back for being a driver. Rubbish. Change your hustle. Return that car.

I won't stop exposing them.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:39am On Dec 24, 2018
Fahrenz:

Bro. There are too many stupid people in the world. Too many lazy people. We all have lazy relatives. We all have that relative that always reasons left. Imagine that person as an uber driver. They will make excuses for Africa.

Uber driving is peculiar. Not everyone can do it. Funny thing is those that cannot do it are blocking the view of those that can. Unserious people exist in every facet of life. Let the mentality that every uber driver is perfect and sane, stop. You see them complaing no request no request but go to any shoprite and you will find over 50 uber and taxify drivers parked there and gisting. Doing nothing. Waiting for request to come to them instead of being proactive with their positioning. How many people come to shoprite and where is their likely destination except short distances? How will they get request? There will be surge in Surulere and Yaba in the morning, but you will see 25 - 30 uber drivers on airport queue waiting. Waiting for what and who exactly? How many flights come in by that time? How will they get request? These are verifiable facts.

Many people don't have sense. You and I know this fact. How can you give a corolla to someone that doesn't have sense and expect him to deliver? Many of the uber drivers that are making this money have the same mindset, which is being their own bosses. So they know they cannot drive a car forever. That's why they hustle hard, make money, and invest in other stuff. But when someone that doesn't have sense is given the sharpest tools, he won't achieve nothing. How can someone wake up by 8am, start work by 10am and close by 6pm and still expect to meet up? There are very simple traits of hustlers that are inherent in them. It cannot be learnt and it cannot be taught. A hustler will always find a way. A non hustler will always complain.

There is always a surge most mornings in Lagos even before this seasonal surge. A surge occurs because riders outnumber drivers and why won't they be outnumbered when they are sleeping?

See people making money these past few weeks and posting results. I can still tell you that there are drivers here who did not still meet up with their rentals this same week that ended because they are fuckingly lazy. Try as much as you want to demonize dru23. He is saying the truth. It's just that majority of Nairaland drivers are too daft and lazy and will do anything to defend themselves including logging in with the various accounts they use for car begging, and liking their own posts when the truth is hit on their head.

Partners should wise up. If there was no money in this business the companies would have folded up. Drivers are the problem. All a partner should do is make sure his cars are in perfection before giving them out and watch the pattern of those drivers. Sack anyone who sleeps too much. If everyone slept as much as they do, things won't work out.

Give a lazy man the sharpest tools and send him to farm. He will still find a way to complain.

I know a guy on HP. He sleeps all day. But works all night. He owed his landlord. Because he prioritized paying his HP rental than his house rent. Sacrifice. He had a goal. Now he has paid off the car. These ones here want to pay 25k, sleep all day, eat the best food, have enough airtime and data for rubbish, flex, and be patted on the back for being a driver. Rubbish. Change your hustle. Return that car.

That's why we are where where where cheesy

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 7:17am On Dec 24, 2018
Fahrenz:

I think this is one of the best post I have read in this thread.

Ignorance and lack of basic skills to success is a problem to many drivers.you wont blame them though,as you canot give what you don't have.

I drive my own car and I drive btw 3-4 days in a week. Any day I chose to drive I wake up by 4am and by 4:30 am, I am set.i on my app and in less than 5mins I will just get an island trip.by 5:30 I am already done with one trip and most times from the island especially from 1004 estate u will get an airpot trip.between 5 and 6 :30 am I would have made between 5-6k.

I do not wait in the airport at that time. I rush to Maryland or ogudu.i definitely must hit a trip. And so on.

Drivers need to be sharp and proactive as u said. You cannot be sleeping or wake up late or go gisting in shoprite and make money.

Any day I drive I eat full meal just once,which will be around 10 pm or 11pm when I get home. I do not for one minute park to go an eat. I just usually buy 200 naira plantain chips and water and I am good to go for the day.

Most drivers need to train them selves on target achievement and focus on achieving it.though all cars are not same and all days are still not same. But the truth is ,if you learn to position you self,u will always make money.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Grupo(m): 7:20am On Dec 24, 2018
Fahrenz:

Why do you have this air of superiority around you? See the way you are calling everybody names, because you think you are exceptional driver.

Now, going by your logic, a young chap who works in an oil company and makes your yearly income in a week can also call you a lazy and stupid man after all, if you were not lazy and stupid, you should have been working in an oil company like him.

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Grupo:

Why do you have this air of superiority around you? See the way you are calling everybody names, because you think you are exceptional driver.

Now, going by your logic, a young chap who works in an oil company and makes your yearly income in a week can also call you a lazy and stupid man after all, if you were not lazy and stupid, you should have been working in an oil company like him.

You are wrong here.

There is dignity in Labour.

Some persons who do other jobs earn more than oil workers in some instances.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 7:27am On Dec 24, 2018
Grupo:

thats your logic.

Why would you compare a driver with someone who isn't a driver?

If you think I have an air of superiority that's your business. I couldn't care less. I am exceptional and there is nothing you can do about that.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 7:27am On Dec 24, 2018
Fostercat:

You are wrong here.

There is dignity in Labour.

Some persons who other jobs earn more than oil workers in some instances.
thank you. He's comparing apple with oranges.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 7:29am On Dec 24, 2018
Fostercat:

I think this is one of the best post I have read in this thread.

Ignorance and lack of basic skills to success is a problem to many drivers.you wont blame them though,as you canot give what you don't have.

I drive my own car and I drive btw 3-4 days in a week. Any day I chose to drive I wake up by 4am and by 4:30 am, I am set.i on my app and in less than 5mins I will just get an island trip.by 5:30 I am already done with one trip and most times from the island especially from 1004 estate u will get an airpot trip.between 5 and 6 :30 am I would have made between 5-6k.

I do not wait in the airport at that time. I rush to Maryland or ogudu.i definitely must hit a trip. And so on.

Drivers need to be sharp and proactive as u said. You cannot be sleeping or wake up late or go gisting in shoprite and make money.

Any day I drive I eat full meal just once,which will be around 10 pm or 11pm when I get home. I do not for one minute park to go an eat. I just usually buy 200 naira plantain chips and water and I am good to go for the day.

Most drivers need to train them selves on target achievement and focus on achieving it.though all cars are not same and all days are still not same. But the truth is ,if you learn to position you self,u will always make money.

Thank you. Someone sees the point.

No day is the same. If my week
Days have been bad, I make that up on the weekend. I have never made below 90k weekly after commission and fueling

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sola12(m): 7:35am On Dec 24, 2018
Merry xmas house , pls i want to tint my car ,can anyone link me ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 7:35am On Dec 24, 2018
ofime123:
Bros do u have any idea why my inspection report refuse to upload in uber? It keeps telling me not uploaded properly and pls can I use same inspection for taxify also? Pls I need to start work asap cus I just bought the car and am broke pls help a brother here.

Open the document on your phone, do a screenshot of the first page, I believe shows your details and a PASS confirmation. Attach on the app, it shouldn't take more than 12 hours, this holidays I'm not sure though. I did same and was successful

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2018
franksam2009:
but come to think of it, I think you and dru3 are right, no matter what or how much you reduce it to, drivers will always complain, the hardworking drivers are not on nairaland, the drivers should put theirselves on the car owners shoes for a minute, money does not fall from heaven on, a car owner worked hard for months to save up millions in other to acquire a car it will take years to recover his money on Uber oo , ND a driver will just come from nowhere collect ur hard earned car and wants to make same amount with the car owner SMH,,

Hardworking drivers are not on Nairaland
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2018
ebiye55:

True.
Very true.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2018
Gentlelife50:
Everybody dey post dashboard make I follow post my own too.
I no sabi work sha,
Bro nice one.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2018
xana101:
My uber this week N121k
Taxify N81k
Total 200k for d week, thanks to surge wink
Nah this kind money dem dey call “GBOLA” grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 7:56am On Dec 24, 2018
brogxy:
I hope I am one of the mighty warriors on the platforms. Christmas please come all months of the year.
sure wink

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tapout(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2018
chucsmoore:
processing time are usually 2-4 weeks for temporal drivers s licence and 1-3 months for permanent one. But u will given a signed and stamped note to enable u drive same day at FRSC office. U tender that to police and law enforcement agents as a proof that your drivers license is under process.

Thanks.. One more thing the license was first gotten in pH and last time I renewed it was in pH... I'm currently in lagos

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2018
ofime123:
Bros do u have any idea why my inspection report refuse to upload in uber? It keeps telling me not uploaded properly and pls can I use same inspection for taxify also? Pls I need to start work asap cus I just bought the car and am broke pls help a brother here.

Do the upload on their web portal and not from the app.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tapout(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:

2 weeks to a month. I know you from IMSU.

okay thanks...

Or really?? what part of imsu?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 8:16am On Dec 24, 2018
Thanks
ebiye55:

Open the document on your phone, do a screenshot of the first page, I believe shows your details and a PASS confirmation. Attach on the app, it shouldn't take more than 12 hours, this holidays I'm not sure though. I did same and was successful
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 8:33am On Dec 24, 2018
Fahrenz:

If after all these your epistles and you still give a dead car to a driver, you are a mad man! Pure mad man! Noise Maker...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 8:50am On Dec 24, 2018
Your making sense but u know truth is bitter and no one is ready to listen to it .It's as if ur exposing their private affairs hence the attack to shut u up.We partners knows all those tricks and more ,It's left for us to do the needful .
Fahrenz:
on a verysew serious note. If uber alone has 20000 registered drivers and only 9000 active, that only means that 11000 uber drivers are without cars and looking for one to drive.

I see no reason why anyone on this forum should allow a few 100 drivers with no experience apart from typing and those that can't even make 60k a week - to give conditions. How can someone open his mouth asking for a corolla for 25k? Give them the corolla for 20k, they will still default. One should stop paying them any attention. The fact is that drivers make more than partners. Serious drivers. Car owners should be tighter with driver screening. Weed out the lazy asses and give your car to someone who has a purpose in life

One wrote one useless article the other day, claiming a driver goes home with 2k weekly.

Really, how much does a driver spend on food, data, phone calls and car washing in a week?

The truth is that 1gb of data is enough for a week and Max 2k airtime. This is business. You don't use business money for personal downloads and calling friends and family.

Then feeding. Tf are you eating 3k food a day for?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:56am On Dec 24, 2018
Pls where is my man Romeo
Or Is he using an alternate moniker grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:49am On Dec 24, 2018
Fahrenz:

In as much as I agree with your post, its seems like you are missing the big picture. Drivers should be carried along in the scheme of things. Taxify should enable to carry drivers along, places that use to be 2300/2500 is now 1300, thou surge is on the high side, but when the party is over and d surge is down, are they going to revert to normal price? I feel everyone should work in accordance to his/her target, its not necessary you wake by 4 or 8am, it all depend on your goals.

But one thing I know, a divided house can never stand and a drop in price again, won't b doing any good to the driver.

Please we can pass our messages across without calling each other names, the essence of the platform is to enlighten each other, disagree and agree

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:50am On Dec 24, 2018
Fahrenz:
its not a scam. Driving isn't for everyone. If you understand that fact, every other thing comes easy.
Do you make up to 120k weekly on taxify?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2018
Fahrenz:

Thank you. Someone sees the point.

No day is the same. If my week
Days have been bad, I make that up on the weekend. I have never made below 90k weekly after commission and fueling

Eskiss sah...hope Aseju never enter for here abi n.a. Hybrid I dey drive.....how mush come be ya fuelling n.a. brosss

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:05am On Dec 24, 2018
pope191:

In as much as I agree with your post, its seems like you are missing the big picture. Drivers should be carried along in the scheme of things. Taxify should enable to carry drivers along, places that use to be 2300/2500 is now 1300, thou surge is on the high side, but when the party is over and d surge is down, are they going to revert to normal price? I feel everyone should work in accordance to his/her target, its not necessary you wake by 4 or 8am, it all depend on your goals.

But one thing I know, a divided house can never stand and a drop in price again, won't b doing any good to the driver.

Please we can pass our messages across without calling each other names, the essence of the platform is to enlighten each other, disagree and agree
Bros u even get time to dey reply this one, yes all drivers here are lazy and unserious.
He is just mad that drivers are posting fat earnings.

So those drivers that went on strike were all nairalanders?
He just open mouth and talk anyhow

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:08am On Dec 24, 2018
ebiye55:

Those posting earnings of almost 200k are also not hardworking? Oya post yours let's see your 1m after commission

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:39am On Dec 24, 2018
iyaegin:

Eskiss sah...hope Aseju never enter for here abi n.a. Hybrid I dey drive.....how mush come be ya fuelling n.a. brosss

angry This platform done cast, still manage to crack a smile after my special customer tie me down, ogba to agungi to and fro 10k. Can't resist her and she will take my till 3/4. I just deh boil inside
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by JMystique(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2018
Please what are the things involved in the Uber test?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2018
pope191:

You are right in your submission,but this business is target driven.

There are peak periods and drivers must target the periods to make more money in lesser time.

If a driver have a good car,then the driver have NO REASON not to meet up with paying the car owner weekly and timely too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fostercat(m): 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2018
pope191:

angry This platform done cast, still manage to crack a smile after my special customer tie me down, ogba to agungi to and fro 10k. Can't resist her and she will take my till 3/4. I just deh boil inside

Ogba to agungi 10k? If no traffic,It is cool. But if there is traffic enroute,You just did Father Christmas. Anyways it's a season of giving cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) ... (5714) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dapotemi and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.