Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,181 members, 7,864,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4895434 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) ... (5722) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Delaw2011(f): 11:42am On Feb 15, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2019
scarcity of riders have turned you to business analysts.

Reduce prices further= no drivers will work.

Expand to smaller states = few riders (unprofitable)

More riders in present states = Ehailing will turn to kabu kabu last last.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
scarcity of riders have turned you to business analysts.

Reduce prices further= no drivers will work.

Expand to smaller states = few riders (unprofitable)

More riders in present states = Ehailing will turn to kabu kabu last last.

Whats the solution, in your opinion?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
I just drop off Tobi of big brother...sharp sharp guy.
Fast fast we don ikoyi
I don't waste time on d road. I want to get the job fast fast.
Stop complaing and get d job done.
Pictures coming up folks
I love this job..
American dreams Yolo!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunapawizzy: 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2019
tunapawizzy:
How can a partner register a bank account where uber should deduct their cash should u have to balance dem at d end of d operational week. How correct is it that one should have a valid mastercard/visa card atm for d account?
Can someone kindly help with this

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
I love freebies smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kellistrans: 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
Dedicated drivers needed in Abuja for uber and taxify to remit 30k weekly for corollas and a Hyundai elantra. Serious drivers who don't give excuses only. Call 08133673004
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olalekan90(m): 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2019
This hustle don cast abeg..Let me keep pushing my cv harder

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2019
If uber and taxify can reduce price so more riders can come onboard and reduce their percentage to maybe 10%.
izzou:

Thats just the way I see it

Even the guy suggesting that they spread to other states will still get the same result. Before 4 months,corollas and Camry's will litter everywhere. And the complain of saturation will suffice

Let taxify and uber try and increase the number of riders on the platform. And also surges should be included intentionally for some particular locations and some particular periods of the day.

Yes, the prices are ridiculously low, but it will be profitable for me if I have more trips on low fares than having few trips on low fares
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
Mjosh1000:
Its not everyone that can afford uber/ taxify, so the make more customers they need to slash down price by doing that drivers partner get to suffer, the best way out of this is to expand the business so Lagos won't be chocked with to many partner driver

Which other metropolis in this country has close to the population/business volume of Lagos state? The answer is none. Uber's business has peaked in Nigeria, effectively.

Drivers who are not really tech savvy or lack the stamina to drive 12 hours everyday will gradually drop off the platform (they drop faster when on hp/rental). The system will soon reach an equilibrium where only the die-hard cabbies make reasonable income.

The middlemen ruined the hustle, in my opinion. Portfolio-businessmen (rentseekers) with zero business ideas and 'fleetmanagers'. That's why real cities regulate the business and protect the little guys who do all the work from exploitation, but nobody has time for that in Nigeria. City officials are busy stealing and extorting cash from all manner of vulnerable people to actually do their jobs.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2019
Kellistrans:
Dedicated drivers needed in Abuja for uber and taxify to remit 30k weekly for corollas and a Hyundai elantra. Serious drivers who don't give excuses only. Call 08133673004

Drive the cars yourself. Where will one get 30k to give u in Abuja? No riders and the business is going down. Get that.20k or less

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2019
BillGoldberg:
Drivers, its my view that we have to learn to protect our selves from these riders. Its not about pride but about self worth and esteem. These riders are becoming something else oo.

Drivers why do you guys beg for rating and make these riders think rating is a gold mine?

I was at Oworo this morning and a worthless, useless slay queen youth corper requested me.

Me: Hello Ma, You requested and am at your location.

10 minutes later, I called rider again to remind her am waiting.

Rider: Oga wait na. I ordered you and am paying you.

20 minutes later, rider appeared in her corper dress with heavy make up.

Rider to boyfriend: Why are these drivers always in a haste? Taxify has to start removing all these nasty drivers that are not ready to drive and serve.

Me: Why was your father in a haste to give birth to you and gave birth to a morron? You know your mother should have thrown you away and kept your placenta?

Rider: You are a fool

Me: Your Papa

Rider: I will report you

Me: Let me share hotspot and make it faster for you. Animal.

Before her, I cancelled the ride. No time. I matched my throttle and started disappearing.

I saw her turn red and looking for a stone to use on my car

The thing really pain her well well.

That's why i will never drive on Taxify platform.

cancellation fee sure die on Uber.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2019
1johnjohn:
Fast fast we don ikoyi
Pictures coming up folks
I love this job..
American dreams Yolo!

you pick am, you drop am e pay with card no tip. What again?

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EverythingCars: 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2019
bily:

We see things differently, which is actually a good thing.

I am a car owner, and if I were to engage a driver on Uber, I choose to see him as a partner and not an employee. It doesn't in anyway affect the terms of the contract we sign together.

Once there's no default, no wahala.

Hello Bily, can I call you or chat on whatsapp? My contact is on my signature.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EverythingCars: 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2019
bily:

We see things differently, which is actually a good thing.

I am a car owner, and if I were to engage a driver on Uber, I choose to see him as a partner and not an employee. It doesn't in anyway affect the terms of the contract we sign together.

Once there's no default, no wahala.

Hello Bily, can I call you or chat on whatsapp? My contact is on my signature.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 4:58pm On Feb 15, 2019
After working till 10pm for the first time yesterday. I decided not to leave my house till 10am today. Exactly 10am I went online while I was dressing up, a request came in and the guy was heading to idimu from Abraham adesanya. I already told myself and God that i want to be back home before 3pm. We got to idimu some minutes past 12. Gbam the fare was 6k. Got a request immediately and it reads 4mins away, long trip of about 90mins. Called the rider. She was going to Abraham adesanya...... I was very happy. Got to Abraham adesanya by 2pm. Gbam fare was 5k. I just went to my barber for a nice haircut. Bought fuel inside the gen keg and headed home. Got home 3pm. Happy election guys. Uber continues on Sunday.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2019
mistadayo:
After working till 10pm for the first time yesterday. I decided not to leave my house till 10am today. Exactly 10am I went online while I was dressing up, a request came in and the guy was heading to idimu from Abraham adesanya. I already told myself and God that i want to be back home before 3pm. We got to idimu some minutes past 12. Gbam the fare was 6k. Got a request immediately and it reads 4mins away, long trip of about 90mins. Called the rider. She was going to Abraham adesanya...... I was very happy. Got to Abraham adesanya by 2pm. Gbam fare was 5k. I just went to my barber for a nice haircut. Bought fuel inside the gen keg and headed home. Got home 3pm. Happy election guys. Uber continues on Sunday.

Lucky u

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
What is e-hailing turning into? Everybody wants to ride on Uber and Taxify smh. How can one drive a distance of 800m for a pickup only for the trip to be less than 1km and if one keeps cancelling Uber will come with their wahala. Uber and Taxify has to increase their fare on short trips. These days nobody wants to enter Okada and keke anymore or even trek na Uber sure pass especially when trip estimate says between 500-600.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2019
mistadayo:

and you gave up after that? Nah wa.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2019
Make una vote Wisely 2mao

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
Anyways I did not give up. I went home to enjoy the election with my wife. I drive my own car sir.
GAZZUZZ:

and you gave up after that? Nah wa.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EverythingCars: 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2019
TheCar:

Wow,this is quite story.

I believe the red flag started showing when he start giving stories after the 2nd week.

Depending on the form you gave the Guarantors to sign, you can actually hold them responsible for all damages done to the car.

Do you call them to confirm they actually signed the documents and understand what they signed. Do you have a copy of their work ID?

Kindly put a call across to them to produce the driver within (stated hours, days or weeks) to come face the music. If they don’t, get FSAR or any other respected force aside police to their office address and demand full payment for repairs of your damaged vehicle.

Or you can simply tell the guarantors they have some days, weeks to repair your damaged vehicle or they will not only find themselves in the Labour market, they will also be behind bars.

Have a good mechanic inspect the car, get a quote of necessary OEM spare parts needed to fixed the car plus workmanship fee. Send the bill to the Guarantors and give them deadline which failure to comply you can have them reported to their company Human Resources as a debtor and you could have your money deducted at source (Before they pay their monthly salary) or the company pay you upfront whereas they deduct it from the guarantors monthly salary.

That’s one of the essence of having a good and verifiable guarantor before giving your car key to the driver.
Boss check your mail. Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Trsrrs: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
Please help ,I have uploaded my license and picture on Uber app but is still saying pending approval after 48hours .am I suppose to go to there office to fasten that process ? because I have not even gotten email of there online test
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2019
1johnjohn:
Fast fast we don ikoyi
Pictures coming up folks
I love this job..
American dreams Yolo!

I guess we can now fry chips for you cos you picked up Tobi of big brother.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
Seun360:

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Maax23: 7:51pm On Feb 15, 2019
Seun360:

you do not know how it feels when you pick up a Star. smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 377: 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2019
Hmmmm today is wonderful, I got request from olawepo hasheem street ojo elegba to mushin. 7500, immediately I got another request from their to badagry 45000. Then i got anothet one from badagry to ketu,27800 then from ketu again to alaba international market, 12300. I rested at one joint with a plate of isinkwobi and big stout. At about 3pm took up again to volks then from volks got another request to sowore street in abulegba 14600, after that I got another request 16 minuits to pick d rider. We started d trip to Mary land. We where just gusting and laughing out loud. To d extent one lastma officer said we are causing people distraction. So when I dropped him off. He gave me cheque of 16000 and collected my CV cos I always have my CV with me. He said he likes my humbleness that he will help me. According to him he works in an embassy. Canadian embassy. He said they need admin officer that I should be praying hard. So folks please pray for me oh. If the job works I will discuss with the Canadian people to bring cars in Nigeria for Uber. So u guys will have enough cars to drive.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 8:08pm On Feb 15, 2019
377:
Hmmmm today is wonderful, I got request from olawepo hasheem street ojo elegba to mushin. 7500, immediately I got another request from their to badagry 45000. Then i got anothet one from badagry to ketu,27800 then from ketu again to alaba international market, 12300. I rested at one joint with a plate of isinkwobi and big stout. At about 3pm took up again to volks then from volks got another request to sowore street in abulegba 14600, after that I got another request 16 minuits to pick d rider. We started d trip to Mary land. We where just gusting and laughing out loud. To d extent one lastma officer said we are causing people distraction. So when I dropped him off. He gave me cheque of 16000 and collected my CV cos I always have my CV with me. He said he likes my humbleness that he will help me. According to him he works in an embassy. Canadian embassy. He said they need admin officer that I should be praying hard. So folks please pray for me oh. If the job works I will discuss with the Canadian people to bring cars in Nigeria for Uber. So u guys will have enough cars to drive.
lie lie hahaha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
377:

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2019
Seun360:

Look
Like I.care...
I no.pray make I.meet u.
Bad energy stay away

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
Maax23:
you do not know how it feels when you pick up a Star. smiley

Star ko moon ni...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
I love this job ...Like when something good is.
On my table... u need.to.be happy with ur self.
Yes I pick Tobi
Yes.he paid with card
Yes.It's cool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) ... (5722) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.