Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4745397 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
mrphysics:

lol, same story. Today, I decided to retrieve my car after long patience and tolerance. Trying to help a friend isn't really a good thing in this part of the world. So many scary experience giving a car out for ehailing business here in Abuja. Driver only made full payment three times in the last 6 months. From one story to another. I was patient. They was week, about last 3 weeks that he didn't remit at all (the story of why he failed to remit is something I don't even want to talk about). Because it's my friend, I told him to be remitting only 25k weekly. He was struggling and I wanted to help. We agreed 30k last year, so he told me that i should please reduce it to 25k from january this year. Seeing he is my friend and in need, I accepted. I have 3 source of income and ehailing is the least. I just told him to be committed. Yet he wasn't. I can't even mention the amount he is owing me. This guy owes over 50k and sends whatever he decides to send.

I am just ashamed of myself typing how I became a fool to help someone. All the opportunities he missed and how jobless he has become now.

Finding someone good is indeed very rare. Sincerity and honesty is a rare value among Nigerians. It's just scary, hope i can get over it and be able to trust someone again.
You brought friendship ties into the business as a means to help, you should have seen yourself offering charity or poverty alleviation program instead of running ehailing business. 2 weeks payment default is the limit to which you would have retrieved your car.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ubdrx: 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2019
2007 Corolla Available on Rental
Returns; NGN30,000.
CONDITIONS:
1)1 very suitable guarantor
2)Ride-hailing experience
Interested guys should send phone number and evidence of previous activity to ubpair4me@gmail.com for more information
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Horlickz77(m): 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2019
ChriisDiamond:

Hi, So sorry for the bad experience...
Contact me via the email on my signature. I may have a proposal for you.
I need a car for hire purchase or rentals too,please do you have any one you wanna give?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2019
dpumppy:
I need an Advise. I have interest in driving a car for a commercial purpose (Uber/Taxify) but I currently do not have a car off my own and couldn't afford one at the moment. A friend introduced me to his friend who import cars and he's willing to do business with me by giving me one of his Tokunbo car (Corolla 2006) on the platform of hire purchase to pay the sum of 3.5m which will spread over 2 years with the initial payment of 300k. I would like to know if it is reasonable enough cos I have no experience in this business. I need an advice from experienced drivers here too know if it is worth it.

All i can tell you is. Dont do it if ehailing will be your only soucre of income cos u might end up losing the car and your 300K in the fisrt few weeks.. this advice is coming from a car owner and experinced driver...

This january and February alone, i ve retrieve my car twice from two diff drivers cos of Stories and not remitting

Parked one car at home and driving the other myself and i can tell you that earnings are getting harder by the day.. been thinking of selling off those cars and start a fresh buzines with the fund.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2019
Tgiirl:

All i can tell you is. Dont do it if ehailing will be your only soucre of income cos u might end up losing the car and your 300K in the fisrt few weeks.. this advice is coming from a car owner and experinced driver...

This january and February alone, i ve retrieve my car twice from two diff drivers cos of Stories and not remitting

Parked one car at home and driving the other myself and i can tell you that earnings are getting harder by the day.. been thinking of selling off those cars and start a fresh buzines with the fund.
wow!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dpumppy(m): 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
Really confused right now. As a fresher in this business, how much do you think I can make in a week. Working day and night.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2019
dpumppy:
Really confused right now. As a fresher in this business, how much do you think I can make in a week. Working day and night.
1k daily on rental and HP, while 35K Weekly if u are a car owner excluding car service an repairs

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chidekings(m): 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
People have short memories.

When Uber first came out - the drivers had a much bigger split.

It was a part of a deliberate strategy to build the product. Social media companies do this too.

Facebook for a long time, had no ads (or very very minimal).

You build up a product (the user base).

Then you monetize it.

Uber began squeezing down the split. They released a sparkly press release “In order to better serve our riders we must modify our rates blablablabla”

Typical PR nonsense.

Drivers barked. But barks don’t matter.

Uber squeezed again. Another press release.

Drivers barked. But again - barks can’t change their fate.

Mark my words: you will never, ever, ever, get rich driving for Uber.

You might make a decent living, but so long as price competition exists, neither a career as a driver for Uber or Lyft will enable you to retire early and sail into the sunset on your Uber funded Yacht.

Their whole game is precipitated on being cheaper than cabs (and cleaner/nicer of course). But mainly cheaper.

The system will always be engineered for Uber or Lyft to win, not you the driver.

Copied from quora

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 377: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2019
chidekings:

It was a part of a deliberate strategy to build the product. Social media companies do this too.

Then you monetize it.

Uber began squeezing down the split. They released a sparkly press release “In order to better serve our riders we must modify our rates blablablabla”

Typical PR nonsense.

You might make a decent living, but so long as price competition exists, neither a career as a driver for Uber or Lyft will enable you to retire early and sail into the sunset on your Uber funded Yacht.

Their whole game is precipitated on being cheaper than cabs (and cleaner/nicer of course). But mainly cheaper.

The system will always be engineered for Uber or Lyft to win, not you the driver.

Copied from quora
I keep on telling people that uber work is just keep body and soul together and hunt for better living. If u want make a better life please forget it on Uber continue praying God should help u nd give u something better. My one kobo advice.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dpumppy(m): 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
As a new Rider, does that mean that i shouldn't apply.

ubdrx:
2007 Corolla Available on Rental
Returns; NGN30,000.
CONDITIONS:
1)1 very suitable guarantor
2)Ride-hailing experience
Interested guys should send phone number and evidence of previous activity to ubpair4me@gmail.com for more information
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dpumppy(m): 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2019
I thought its very lucrative listening to comments of riders
franksam2009:
1k daily on rental and HP, while 35K Weekly if u are a car owner excluding car service an repairs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2019
mrphysics:

lol, same story. Today, I decided to retrieve my car after long patience and tolerance. Trying to help a friend isn't really a good thing in this part of the world. So many scary experience giving a car out for ehailing business here in Abuja. Driver only made full payment three times in the last 6 months. From one story to another. I was patient. They was week, about last 3 weeks that he didn't remit at all (the story of why he failed to remit is something I don't even want to talk about). Because it's my friend, I told him to be remitting only 25k weekly. He was struggling and I wanted to help. We agreed 30k last year, so he told me that i should please reduce it to 25k from january this year. Seeing he is my friend and in need, I accepted. I have 3 source of income and ehailing is the least. I just told him to be committed. Yet he wasn't. I can't even mention the amount he is owing me. This guy owes over 50k and sends whatever he decides to send.

I am just ashamed of myself typing how I became a fool to help someone. All the opportunities he missed and how jobless he has become now.

Finding someone good is indeed very rare. Sincerity and honesty is a rare value among Nigerians. It's just scary, hope i can get over it and be able to trust someone again.

I can relate to this.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Niiade(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2019
dpumppy:

Its not lucrative, Its just a means to an end

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
dpumppy:
it's lucrative na, depending on what you mean by lucrative grin grin, 1k times 7(although sometimes it's more than), is 7k per week,, it will be much better if you are a bachelor, u LL be able to save alot
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
franksam2009:
it's lucrative na, depending on what you mean by lucrative grin grin, 1k times 7(although sometimes it's more than), is 7k per week,, it will be much better if you are a bachelor, u LL be able to save alot
although I'm not a driver yet, I'm just saying 4rm people's complaint I put together
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2019
dpumppy:

Please disregard his comment, he is only experienced on naira land not e-hailing

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 6:37pm On Feb 19, 2019
franksam2009:
although I'm not a driver yet, I'm just saying 4rm people's complaint I put together

Wait till you join the system to fish out advises na... E-hailing isnt exactly how you read it on Nairaland oo.. You are giving advice base on input from less than 1% of the population of partners in the system..
Please wait till you are in the system..
Thank you

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2019
chidekings:

Then you monetize it.

Typical PR nonsense.

Copied from quora

Na so.
I owe you Orijin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
franksam2009:

Truth
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2019
Where is that 150k per week guy?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mjosh1000(m): 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hiding in his shadows
GAZZUZZ:

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by julietromeo: 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Its 120k Sir.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2019
Got a car for 25k..today is third week.
Nothing has come easy.
Thank God. Tips yapa

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2019
franksam2009:
oga please tell us what happened to the car before and after so we can all learn from it
moral of story is always use synthetic oil for your cars and be grateful to your mechanic.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segzyndpep(m): 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
1johnjohn:
Got a car for 25k..today is third week.
Nothing has come easy.
Thank God. Tips yapa

Can you share tips on whatsapp?coming on board after election.07063896089
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by icze(m): 11:32pm On Feb 19, 2019
Please if you are driving your own car do you really need to have current account if you want to receive money from uber?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 12:28am On Feb 20, 2019
icze:
Please if you are driving your own car do you really need to have current account if you want to receive money from uber?

Yes pls..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stake2odds: 12:42am On Feb 20, 2019
franksam2009:

That's relatively low and one would then ask why risk so much to make so little, I want to share this here just for comparison, last year while going thru the business thread, I stumbled on a guy who created a post that he needed a loan of 20k payable in 3 months, as a loan officer with over 18yrs experience in the bank, I got attracted with his sincerity to pay 20k in 3months, some others would have said just one month in other to attract creditors, I opened the thread and read thru it and he said he wanted to start a mobile phone accessories business (mobile as in, he will be using a wheel barrow) I contacted him and after talking to him for abt 30mins, I decided to dash him the money but won't let him know until after a month , next day I Transfered the money to his account, he called to thank me and bla bla bla, after a month he called to know of he could pay part of the money and I said, I'll rather wait until the 3months expires, I obviously wasn't going to take the money from him, time flew and it was the 3rd month, he called again that he has the full money and was ready to give me additional 10k making it 30k , that's when I told him I dashed him the money and I'm very impressed with his honesty and hardwork, for the first time I told him I wanted to meet and discuss with him, I met him two weeks ago and this guy has a perfect record keeping, I went thru the rough book myself and I discovered that on a bad day, removing expenses this guy makes an average of 3k - 5k daily and a minimum profit of 100 naira on anything sold, profit can be as much as 500 to 1k. I told him to come see me if he would like to expand but he declined. That's said, going by the quoted msg, if the uber driver makes the quoted daily, is it then worth the stress and risk of driving round Lagos? Note: I have 6 vehicles, 4hp and two rentals, I've been lucky not to have bad drivers because I'm not greedy and I ensure repairs and services are carried out as at when due. Can someone please give an accurate figure a driver can earn monthly driving on uber. Thanks

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by umall41(m): 12:57am On Feb 20, 2019
My Oga, madam, greetings to you all,.
Plz I need your professional advise. I have options of two cars to use on uber/taxify platform, wish one should I go for, Toyota Camry 2005 model or Toyota matrix 2005 model.
I have been on Uber /taxify for few months on weekly rentals but I want to buy my own car from family friends on installmental and this is the option I have. Immediate response we be appreciated. God bless you all.
Thanks ma/sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:37am On Feb 20, 2019
Stake2odds:

That's relatively low and one would then ask why risk so much to make so little, I want to share this here just for comparison, last year while going thru the business thread, I stumbled on a guy who created a post that he needed a loan of 20k payable in 3 months, as a loan officer with over 18yrs experience in the bank, I got attracted with his sincerity to pay 20k in 3months, some others would have said just one month in other to attract creditors, I opened the thread and read thru it and he said he wanted to start a mobile phone accessories business (mobile as in, he will be using a wheel barrow) I contacted him and after talking to him for abt 30mins, I decided to dash him the money but won't let him know until after a month , next day I Transfered the money to his account, he called to thank me and bla bla bla, after a month he called to know of he could pay part of the money and I said, I'll rather wait until the 3months expires, I obviously wasn't going to take the money from him, time flew and it was the 3rd month, he called again that he has the full money and was ready to give me additional 10k making it 30k , that's when I told him I dashed him the money and I'm very impressed with his honesty and hardwork, for the first time I told him I wanted to meet and discuss with him, I met him two weeks ago and this guy has a perfect record keeping, I went thru the rough book myself and I discovered that on a bad day, removing expenses this guy makes an average of 3k - 5k daily and a minimum profit of 100 naira on anything sold, profit can be as much as 500 to 1k. I told him to come see me if he would like to expand but he declined. That's said, going by the quoted msg, if the uber driver makes the quoted daily, is it then worth the stress and risk of driving round Lagos? Note: I have 6 vehicles, 4hp and two rentals, I've been lucky not to have bad drivers because I'm not greedy and I ensure repairs and services are carried out as at when due. Can someone please give an accurate figure a driver can earn monthly driving on uber. Thanks

A good Uber/Taxify driver (on rentals) earns about #400 per hour worked; for himself/herself, all expenses considered. If the driver is the owner of his/her car, earnings doubles to #800 for every hour worked. This hourly rate earnings reduce at off-peak seasons and increase at peak seasons, but not by much

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:39am On Feb 20, 2019
umall41:
My Oga, madam, greetings to you all,.
Plz I need your professional advise. I have options of two cars to use on uber/taxify platform, wish one should I go for, Toyota Camry 2005 model or Toyota matrix 2005 model.
I have been on Uber /taxify for few months on weekly rentals but I want to buy my own car from family friends on installmental and this is the option I have. Immediate response we be appreciated. God bless you all.
Thanks ma/sir
With other things being equal, go for the matrix

(1) (2) (3) ... (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.