Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757679 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 2:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
pope191:

Lol! Nah u get Ikorodu, nah E d thing carry come, but as fate will have it, I got Yakoyo from round abt.... And I stay ard Omole, lazy me cheesy I'm on my couch now till 5/6 b4 stepping out to look for d remaining 3600... Nap say make I take em today.

The funny aspect about the ikorodu trip. When the request came in, I thought it was Obafemi Awolowo road, so I didn't even bother to ask, cos I have zero it down to Ikeja, not knowing they is another Obafemi Awolowo road in Ikorodu. When the rider say its the one at Ikorodu, I almost pull over while shaking my head, ha! Ikorodu.... But I can't risk 1 *, so I had to proceed for the love of *.

Lol

I am sure you like the money and the Obafemi awolowo road in ikorodu
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
pope191:

Ikorodu get position ooo... If I have been dia I only drove out empty once, patient is the key, that BRT side, you will get request from someone that have waited on the queue like forever.

There is no day I don't take rider out of ikorodu.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
darmilolah:

Lol

Sure
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YorubaEmir: 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
Please guys. I’m tired of using my airtime and T-Fair to link car owners and drivers . I understand how bad the economy is but it will no longer be at my expense. If you’re a driver on Uber or taxify in Lagos, in need of a car and can deliver #30k without stories , you can call 09056557300 or WhatsApp 07068097535
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
pope191:

Ikorodu get position ooo... If I have been dia I only drove out empty once, patient is the key, that BRT side, you will get request from someone that have waited on the queue like forever.

You mean the Brt at garage rite?

That na my problem bro I know just like dey siddon..then if I stay 20 min no request I dey like just start they move..but then I know things have changed drastically from about a year now since I drove...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
Earthbound:
Uber/taxify Drivers: Get A 2006 Toyota Corolla For Only 135k Down Payment!
Pay 25k weekly for 18 months Call me on 07041748587
Only a maga will accept such offer.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
Funny guy
shocked shocked shocked

What is he doing here?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
Chae:
Request no gree come o, I stay for magodo for an hour nothing, now in bishop aboyade kpmg for lik 2hours notin, kilode

I decided to shut down tools until the presidential election is over cos i envisaged low patronage.

Seems i made the right call.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
QuitNotice:
shocked shocked shocked

What is he doing here?
He only quoted me.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2019
where is dru?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
Seun360:

He only quoted me.
Yeah, got that. He actually reacted to your mention. Strange to see his comment tho
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
dpumppy:
Really confused right now. As a fresher in this business, how much do you think I can make in a week. Working day and night.
You mean 24hrs on, 24hrs off?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2019
With all the yarn i been dey read here now, will you guys advice a 27 year old, who just quit his job because his coy hasn't pay for 3 months to venture into uber or get a mini van 14 seater bus to convey people to and fro work everyday (for instance :during the early morning rush hours 6-6.20am(Mangoro) and in the evening 5-8pm( Obalende & VI)?
People i spoke with said its a profitable venture if i can manoeuvre my way and make few friends with the Agberos (even though am not parking at their garage) and have time to dabble into other stuffs, since its not a full day hustle. Help a brother out senior men.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
Man came down from his car to defend a defenseless woman who was being beaten by a tricyclist.

According to Instagram user who shared the post wrote :

What a shame! I wonder why these keke and danfo driver's think it's okay to do this simply because some have no choice than to ride in their means of transportation. I'm honestly so gutted because this is not the first time I've seen stuff like this happen.

Source :
http://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/02/good-samaritan-man-came-down-from-his.html?m=1

My comment was that the cyclist could be on his right you know, may be the woman was the 1st to insult the cyclist, if u are a taxify or uber driver you will understand better... some riders are just too silly, they can go to any length to get u angry and as a driver u must respect ur riders even when they are rude to us.
I can't blame the cyclist for punishing the woman

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
[quote][/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
Chae:
Request no gree come o, I stay for magodo for an hour nothing, now in bishop aboyade kpmg for lik 2hours notin, kilode

Are u sure u have data ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chae: 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
Seun360:

I decided to shut down tools until the presidential election is over cos i envisaged low patronage.

Infact my taxify no gree bring request since morning, just saw driver didn't respond twice of which I didn't hear d alerted sound. No b small tin o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
Seun360:

I also made this choice, millions of people travelled before the election was postponed and they have not come back yet
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chae: 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
pooozeee:

Are u sure u have data ?
Full data oga

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
Chae:

Infact my taxify no gree bring request since morning, just saw driver didn't respond twice of which I didn't hear d alerted sound. No b small tin o
What network are you using for data?
Airtel 4g sure pass nowadays, 9mobile has cast
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
darmilolah:

Lol

Lol! Trip fail somewhat on my way back, but 2600 to Berger, at all at all nah em bad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
chidekings:
People have short memories.

When Uber first came out - the drivers had a much bigger split.

It was a part of a deliberate strategy to build the product. Social media companies do this too.

Facebook for a long time, had no ads (or very very minimal).

You build up a product (the user base).

Then you monetize it.

Uber began squeezing down the split. They released a sparkly press release “In order to better serve our riders we must modify our rates blablablabla”

Typical PR nonsense.

Drivers barked. But barks don’t matter.

Uber squeezed again. Another press release.

Drivers barked. But again - barks can’t change their fate.

Mark my words: you will never, ever, ever, get rich driving for Uber.

You might make a decent living, but so long as price competition exists, neither a career as a driver for Uber or Lyft will enable you to retire early and sail into the sunset on your Uber funded Yacht.

Their whole game is precipitated on being cheaper than cabs (and cleaner/nicer of course). But mainly cheaper.

The system will always be engineered for Uber or Lyft to win, not you the driver.

Copied from quora
You're on point, boss. Uber's selling points are as follows;
-Easy to book
-Cheap
-Luxurious
-Convenient
-Quality customer service and
-Executive
I personally don't see which one of those favour the driver.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
gobuchinny:

You mean the Brt at garage rite?

That na my problem bro I know just like dey siddon..then if I stay 20 min no request I dey like just start they move..but then I know things have changed drastically from about a year now since I drove...

Yes!/you have to get use to that, maybe the era of back to back will come back soon... But the rate at which people are putting cars on the platform, it is well. Like I always say the market will regulate to car owners driving their cars and if you can't drive, u stay on the fence, to make 10k now is like following 8-5 workers to work and closing with them, money is not in circulation and people are just managing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
pooozeee:

I also made this choice, millions of people travelled before the election was postponed and they have not come back yet

Somewhat I agree with you, but I feel people are yet to recover from the expenses/bills they have to pay in January... House rent, school fee's, some religious body even take first fruit of the year, election wahala all this put together make things come slow.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
pooozeee:
Man came down from his car to defend a defenseless woman who was being beaten by a tricyclist.

According to Instagram user who shared the post wrote :

What a shame! I wonder why these keke and danfo driver's think it's okay to do this simply because some have no choice than to ride in their means of transportation. I'm honestly so gutted because this is not the first time I've seen stuff like this happen.

Source :
http://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/02/good-samaritan-man-came-down-from-his.html?m=1

My comment was that the cyclist could be on his right you know, may be the woman was the 1st to insult the cyclist, if u are a taxify or uber driver you will understand better... some riders are just too silly, they can go to any length to get u angry and as a driver u must respect ur riders even when they are rude to us.
I can't blame the cyclist for punishing the woman

No matter what the rider did, the cyclist has no right to assault his rider especially a woman unless he can prove his defending his own life as regards being assaulted himself..the cyclist is lucky he can be charged to court if the woman presses. the courts don't take likely to assault especially when the opposite sex is involved hence the domestic violence law enacted in lagos and some states.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
pope191:

Lol! Nah u get Ikorodu, nah E d thing carry come, but as fate will have it, I got Yakoyo from round abt.... And I stay ard Omole, lazy me cheesy I'm on my couch now till 5/6 b4 stepping out to look for d remaining 3600... Nap say make I take em today.

The funny aspect about the ikorodu trip. When the request came in, I thought it was Obafemi Awolowo road, so I didn't even bother to ask, cos I have zero it down to Ikeja, not knowing they is another Obafemi Awolowo road in Ikorodu. When the rider say its the one at Ikorodu, I almost pull over while shaking my head, ha! Ikorodu.... But I can't risk 1 *, so I had to proceed for the love of *.

Guy, na Camry, Big Daddy u dey drive?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:
With all the yarn i been dey read here now, will you guys advice a 27 year old, who just quit his job because his coy hasn't pay for 3 months to venture into uber or get a mini van 14 seater bus to convey people to and fro work everyday (for instance :during the early morning rush hours 6-6.20am(Mangoro) and in the evening 5-8pm( Obalende & VI)?
People i spoke with said its a profitable venture if i can manoeuvre my way and make few friends with the Agberos (even though am not parking at their garage) and have time to dabble into other stuffs, since its not a full day hustle. Help a brother out senior men.

Baba go for a 14seater bus. Uber/Taxify don cast plus no be only Agbero for the route wey u intend to run u go need make friends with, include Lastma, Police and ViO, too.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
gobuchinny:

No matter what the rider did, the cyclist has no right to assault his rider especially a woman unless he can prove his defending his own life as regards being assaulted himself..the cyclist is lucky he can be charged to court if the woman presses. the courts don't take likely to assault especially when the opposite sex is involved hence the domestic violence law enacted in lagos and some states.
I'm not taking side Sha, I am just learning just in case,.
So is the driver supposed to sit or fold arms and watch while being assaulted by the woman, or scream for help from passerbys lol

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
Seun360:

welcome my friend, i already made that call since last week in January after doing my maths.

most businesses are on hold becos of unforseen gov policies, if Atiku wins he might change some policies and if Bubu wins he might stick to d previous policies. so now is an uncertainty fight.

i parked partner car and I informed him i dont wanna owe him, so after Election if he is still going to give me d car i will definately call him. and lo and behold he said once election is over dat he will gladly welcome me back.

note I drive a manual 09 corrolla �

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
franksam2009:
I'm not taking side Sha, I am just learning just in case,.
So is the driver supposed to sit or fold arms and watch while being assaulted by the woman, or scream for help from passerbys lol

If his being assaulted then he can defend himself of course a woman's punch power is not as a man so it's expected of him to prevent the assault and probably restrain than attacking her but honestly if he assaults her equally in the name of defending himself from her assaults that's not bad or rather if his charged to court he can be defended but must prove beyond reasonable doubt that he was being assaulted by the lady and felt his life was in danger but the issue is if his assaulting her because of her verbal abuse shocked that's a no no grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2019
Oluwabengz:

Guy, na Camry, Big Daddy u dey drive?

Nah
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
Who have seen the video of the fight that broke out between uber/taxify drivers and airport cabs drivers. The video is on instablog

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) (1367) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Kaymaxi2222(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.