Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4798324 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 8:09am On Mar 09, 2019
nwizu042:

Which car? Mileage? Pictures?
Don't just throw words around... cheesy

Toyota corrola 07. Very sharp, rugged and sound. I will give it to a family member and resume my business. This Uber side hustle has been bastardized. Only those with strong mind and no food on the table can continue with this ehailing.

Only a hungry man will do a trip of 3300-3500 from Ogba to Lekki with 4 people as riders! Check the cost of fuel, check repairs, check tolls, check data, check taxify commission!

If those riders were jumping bus, do you know it will cost them at least 800 naira each to get to there destination in Lekki?

Most drivers because of no job and limited options, jump on it because they don't really know what they are doing to owners car. Suspension, shocks.... Etc!

Who pays money you wasted on fuel to go and pick up? Do you know the useless and dangerous places this riders live? Most times, they make you wait and later cancel.

Even Baba Kabiru or Baba Mulika cannot accept lesss than 7-10k to dp this dirty job. Uber and Taxify drivers wake up. You are under bondage. I think I maybe done driving. Even if I must, it will be with my Old Volvo and only on weekends.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigdam(m): 8:12am On Mar 09, 2019
2004 Toyota Corolla on Rental
@ NGN25, 000 weekly payment

CONDITIONS:
1) 1 Guarantor
2) Experienced on the platform

Interested individuals should text or call or whatsapp 08132492726 with name and location. Preferably gbagada, ojota, Maryland & Ikeja ,ojodu axis

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18am On Mar 09, 2019
Bigdam:
@ NG N25, 000 weekly payment

CONDITIONS:
1) 1 Guarantor

Interested individuals should text or call or whatsapp 08132492726 with name and location. Preferably gbagada, ojota, Maryland & Ikeja ,ojodu axis

better just sell the car.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 8:48am On Mar 09, 2019
darmilolah:

I burn that 1k fuel to my bed every night. Some days I am lucky to get a trip to ikorodu

Those people living in ikorodu don't use Taxify or Uber regularly due to the severe traffic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2019
xana101:
how do u guys go home daily. I stay far too. Going home is my challenge. I live around LASU.
During my early days of hustle on rental, If I don't won't to burn fuel I sleep inside d car and continue work the next day till I get trip going home. I have my roll on, tooth paste and soap to watch my face inside d car. But now l don't do that anymore, old things have passed away, all things have become new grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 8:59am On Mar 09, 2019
BillGoldberg:

Toyota corrola 07. Very sharp, rugged and sound. I will give it to a family member and resume my business. This Uber side hustle has been bastardized. Only those with strong mind and no food on the table can continue with this ehailing.

Only a hungry man will do a trip of 3300-3500 from Ogba to Lekki with 4 people as riders! Check the cost of fuel, check repairs, check tolls, check data, check taxify commission!

If those riders were jumping bus, do you know it will cost them at least 800 naira each to get to there destination in Lekki?

Most drivers because of no job and limited options, jump on it because they don't really know what they are doing to owners car. Suspension, shocks.... Etc!

Who pays money you wasted on fuel to go and pick up? Do you know the useless and dangerous places this riders live? Most times, they make you wait and later cancel.

Even Baba Kabiru or Baba Mulika cannot accept lesss than 7-10k to dp this dirty job. Uber and Taxify drivers wake up. You are under bondage. I think I maybe done driving. Even if I must, it will be with my Old Volvo and only on weekends.

Now that there is no job, is it not better to be managing what u av at hand ?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segzyndpep(m): 9:08am On Mar 09, 2019
eherbal:
i do pick and drop o. Ikorodu peeps dey prefer danfo than uber. At least #1600 is certain.

But na 300 hundred per person how does that makes 1600?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2019
BillGoldberg:
1k fuel everyday to Gberige, Ikorodu, Ota or whereever that is does not sound smart to me. Is it not better to use that 300,000 to get a self contain at Ifako or Ogba? At Gazzuzz side, one can get a self contain for 200k. At College road, one can get a room and parlour for 300,000.

Why I said its not smart is because if you times 1,000 by 365 in a year.... thats 366,000. Not to talk of the risk of travelling that side at night, increasin the mileage of the car more and finally.... Heavy traffic! Quality of life is important in this job. Most of you already stayed in traffic all through the day. Why stay in more traffic at night? This job is no longer as it used to be. Am dashing out or selling of my car to any close friend (Don't even have) or Family (Most likely). Let me do better things with my life.

Do you think it's every driver that can fit into self contain?

Do you think it's every driver that pay rent?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2019
chucsmoore:
During my early days of hustle on rental, If I don't won't to burn fuel I sleep inside d car and continue work the next day till I get trip going home. I have my roll on, tooth paste and soap to watch my face inside d car. But now l don't do that anymore, old things have passed away, all things have become new grin

Me too. I tell people that i have paid my dues. Not every driver can afford to burn that 1k fuel to their bed.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segzyndpep(m): 9:17am On Mar 09, 2019
eherbal:
i stay in ogijo area

God will help us.we don enter one chance call Nigeria
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 9:18am On Mar 09, 2019
Rollitout:

Those people living in ikorodu don't use Taxify or Uber regularly due to the severe traffic

Says who sir? For the past 18months. I don't think I have left ikorodu without rider more up to 3 times and days I left without rider. Maybe I have an appointment in town that I can't wait.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19am On Mar 09, 2019
darmilolah:

The point is you pay the high cost of living without knowing it.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2019
darmilolah:

Says who sir? For the past 18months. I don't think I have left ikorodu without rider more up to 3 times and days I left without rider. Maybe I have an appointment in town that I can't wait.

drivers who live in festac, aja egbeda also do the same every morning..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

ikorodu people will come for you soon....

But seriously if mostpeople do simple math on the number of hrs they spend in traffic, the cost of repairs and the quality of life and brain drain you will just jeje pay 1m for a room and parlour in lekki

I do understand the bolded but most can't help it. Will you tell somebody that God have change his or her status from Tenant to Landlord to abandon his or her house to pay rent for a cubicle?

More so, Ikorodu is not what you people see it. Ikorodu is not far but the Danfo buses in ketu made going to ikorodu at certain time an issue. Ikorodu to mile 12 is 18km.

55-65% of people in ikorodu live in their own house. Comfortable house o and a good environment not the type of house that this is no good vent and children don't have compound to play.

There are more butty kids in ikorodu than on mainland. Good cheap schools. Not the 2 bedrooms schools that is common on the mainland.

Gazzuss, let me ask you why did you want to move to Ibadan and work in Lagos? Is ikorodu not closer to Lagos than Ibadan?

Some of yoù also think rent is cheap in ikorodu. Well, depends on which side of ikorodu.

Standard new 3bed in Ebute, Aga, Ipakodo and part of ibeshe area like 700k/per year. I have a rider around Domino that her tenant pay 1m for 3beds. Some Estates around Commentary going to Igbogbo. 3beds is not less than 1m.

Ikorodu is not what you guys think o.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Niiade(m): 9:51am On Mar 09, 2019
darmilolah:

I do understand the bolded but most can't help it. Will you tell somebody that God have change his or her status from Tenant to Landlord to abandon his or her house to pay rent for a cubicle?

More so, Ikorodu is not what you people see it. Ikorodu is not far but the Danfo buses in ketu made going to ikorodu at certain time an issue. Ikorodu to mile 12 is 18km.

55-65% of people in ikorodu live in their own house. Comfortable house o and a good environment not the type of house that this is no good vent and children don't have compound to play.

There are more butty kids in ikorodu than on mainland. Good cheap schools. Not the 2 bedrooms schools that is common on the mainland.

Gazzuss, let me ask you why did you want to move to Ibadan and work in Lagos? Is ikorodu not closer to Lagos than Ibadan?

Some of yoù also think rent is cheap in ikorodu. Well, depends on which side of ikorodu.

Standard new 3bed in Ebute, Aga, Ipakodo and part of ibeshe area like 700k/per year. I have a rider around Domino that her tenant pay 1m for 3beds. Some Estates around Commentary going to Igbogbo. 3beds is not less than 1m.

Are you serious, what's rent like around Obafemi Awolowo (Radio Side) after you pass oke ota ona

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I know this. Infact me and my neighbour have done the calculation before. The point is we all can't live in Yaba, Lere and Ikeja.

Can a family man of 5 on rental afford 2-3beds on mainland?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:55am On Mar 09, 2019
BillGoldberg:
1k fuel everyday to Gberige, Ikorodu, Ota or whereever that is does not sound smart to me. Is it not better to use that 300,000 to get a self contain at Ifako or Ogba? At Gazzuzz side, one can get a self contain for 200k. At College road, one can get a room and parlour for 300,000.

For the first time in your life you are right u knw.
This is just simple calculations.
People ll stay in a dirty area with less security and still spend money dat will be enough to get a good apartment in a well secured environment . SMH

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 9:56am On Mar 09, 2019
Niiade:

Are you serious, what's rent like around Obafemi Awolowo (Radio Side) after you pass oke ota ona

For 2 beds that is close to that awolowo road. It's 300-350k

If it's enter inside. You can get 250k

Total package for 2 beds close to awolowo main road will be like 450k or a bit less than 500.

Total package for 2beds in radio will be like 350-400k.

Note that this are standard house with good light, water and packing space.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2019
darmilolah:

I know this. Infact me and my neighbour have done the calculation before. The point is we all can't live in Yaba, Lere and Ikeja.

Can a family man of 5 on rental afford 2-3beds on mainland?

He isn't saying one should pack his family to the mainland. The point is it is cost effective to look for another alternative

When I started, I knew an uber guy that rented a room in Langbasa. He told me they were three that came together to rent it. The sole purpose is to find a place to lay their heads at night, and also to work more

The three of them had a family and were car owners.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DJperdurabo: 10:07am On Mar 09, 2019
darmilolah:

Always calm down, take a deep breath and think incisively on what someone is trying to pass along even though they may not have passed the message across in a manner that makes it comprehensible (some folks are naturally challenged with how to clearly express their [bright] ideas in speech and writing; function of genes they inherited...no fault of theirs) before retorting. If you do this, you'd learn more and understand people better.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 10:08am On Mar 09, 2019
Bigdam:
@ NGN25, 000 weekly payment

CONDITIONS:
1) 1 Guarantor

like seriously? How can u possibly buy a car for millions of naira and put it up for 25k weekly,. Beta sell that car and do something else with d money

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 10:08am On Mar 09, 2019
izzou:

He isn't saying one should pack his family to the mainland. The point is it is cost effective to look for another alternative

When I started, I knew an uber guy that rented a room in Langbasa. He told me they were three that came together to rent it. The sole purpose is to find a place to lay their heads at night, and also to work more

Me and a friend gave this a thought but didn't eventually work on it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DJperdurabo: 10:09am On Mar 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Someone who thought "deeper" before retorting.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DJperdurabo: 10:09am On Mar 09, 2019
izzou:

Another thinker.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by DJperdurabo: 10:11am On Mar 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

This is the crux of the matter.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 10:17am On Mar 09, 2019
darmilolah:

Me and a friend gave this a thought but didn't eventually work on it.

An alternative is always better.

The first day I went for taxify training, I met a driver and he told me how he started. He never went home at night. He always made sure he slept on the island(cant remember the arrangement he made). He said he only went home around 10am to 11am to freshen up and for other stuffs...

The point I want to bring out is that he found an alternative instead of blowing empty home, increasing the mileage of the car, and increasing chances for repairs without gaining anything

When I met him, he was on HP. It remained 5 weeks for him to complete it

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2019
darmilolah:

It's good to own your own property. Sometimes it is not wise living in it. You are better off collecting rent for it and living somewhere else. But let's not derail the thread.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 11:05am On Mar 09, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by segzyndpep(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2019
darmilolah:

You are very correct
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2019
By ordering a vehicle history report from us, you can remove most of the guesswork to determine if a used car has been involved in accidents or had major repairs that may not make it worth your investment.

Diagnose and Run a history check on your Car To Know Internal Problems
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Make An Informed Decision With Our Comprehensive Vehicle Report

Confirm Your Custom Papers with us Today

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away..

https:///+2348060365068

Custom Document Verification

https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom
https://www.nairaland.com/4920896/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom

Contact us on Whats-app now directly . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 11:54am On Mar 09, 2019
2007 Hyundai Elantra available for Hire Purchase, car was registered last October and used for less than six weeks. If interested contact me via email.

A fair deposit is a must

Contact- bizzeze@gmail.com

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stake2odds: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

It's good to own your own property. Sometimes it is not wise living in it. You are better off collecting rent for it and living somewhere else. But let's not derail the thread.

Only few will understand the logic behind this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Johnchrix(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.