Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4774302 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kyikye123: 5:42pm On Mar 14, 2019
Am Joshua uber Taxify driver I need car for rental or hire Puchase i stay at Agege lagos this is my contact details 09090147056 09099072295
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:48pm On Mar 14, 2019
franksam2009:
people fighting for union are either silly or definitely are not the owners of their cars,, imagine after spending ur hard earned millions to purchase a car, some idiots will now want to tell you wen to work and when not to, for their own selfish reasons ..
Second thing is tolls, unions in Lagos seems they can't survive without collecting tolls, how LL u feel when agbero start collecting tolls from every ehailing driver all in d name of union and security?

I was at frsc office yesterday waiting to collect some stuff nd I was having a gist with a woman der, nd she was like since I'm into ehailing dat I should plz get her some trusted drivers 4 her and a college and I'll have to stand 4 Dem nd run all procedures 4 Dem, I just laughed nd stylishly declined.
People are buying cars like pure water all in d name of ehailing.
Anywhere I go people ll be like bro I want buy car for Uber, wetin be d procedure.

My point is hundreds of cars join Uber on a daily basis, where as the riders are not increasing, Uber/taxify ll hv no choice but to reduce the fares in order to woo more riders in..
If ehailing is not paying as you wanted plz drop ur rental car and look for other business to do Biko

Lol, the last time I checked, you are yet to complete a trip, if you felt you know better than peeps that has completed 700, 1k, 2k trips I wish you well... I remember when Gazzuz used to post how he close and quickly use his sharp Avansis to make some good reasonable quick cash wrt time input... If he tries it now? Baba 4 d boiz go follow drivers sleep for farmcity, nah 12 noon he go reach office d next day. Las las circle is inevitable

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:57pm On Mar 14, 2019
KakiP:
Finally if you look at it well, it is not worth stressing oneself and ones car to get involved in this Uber/Bolt thing. I fully support a boycott or any measure to make sure drivers are protected.

I always look at other drivers too when I’m driving and mere looking at their faces you can tell that they are hanging on to do this because they need to put food on their table not because it’s profitable. It is not meant to be so.

Yesterday I witnessed a driver dose off at the traffic light at Bar Beach. I have also had conversation with other drivers trying to know how much they’ve made for the day, as at 2pm of the day, 3 trips at most totaling about 2,400 “na like this we go dey dey”?

Like someone said earlier the drivers are enslaved and they may not realize this because of the kind of hunger in the land.

Don’t forget this that as drivers we still have the power to change the game but it will need a little sacrifice and commitment.
Don't mind them, if you complain they tag you lazy or tell you to quit.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 6:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
franksam2009:
people fighting for union are either silly or definitely are not the owners of their cars,, imagine after spending ur hard earned millions to purchase a car, some idiots will now want to tell you wen to work and when not to, for their own selfish reasons ..
Second thing is tolls, unions in Lagos seems they can't survive without collecting tolls, how LL u feel when agbero start collecting tolls from every ehailing driver all in d name of union and security?

I was at frsc office yesterday waiting to collect some stuff nd I was having a gist with a woman der, nd she was like since I'm into ehailing dat I should plz get her some trusted drivers 4 her and a college and I'll have to stand 4 Dem nd run all procedures 4 Dem, I just laughed nd stylishly declined.
People are buying cars like pure water all in d name of ehailing.
Anywhere I go people ll be like bro I want buy car for Uber, wetin be d procedure.

My point is hundreds of cars join Uber on a daily basis, where as the riders are not increasing, Uber/taxify ll hv no choice but to reduce the fares in order to woo more riders in..
If ehailing is not paying as you wanted plz drop ur rental car and look for other business to do Biko

And this post rite here is the reason why there wont be progress in e hailing...if I recall you said you haven't driven yet on the platform so all the experience you have is what you have read here...bro you sud drive and really understand wetin the drivers dey face..it aint pretty

Its really surprising to me how people envy others but don't know the price paid to achieve the enviable success..Uber drivers the world over have unions..i mean in the UK, US, France..ok make we leave developed countries find our own mate..Kenya, Uganda, South Africa..just name it...How much is the money that you will contribute to the union that wont make you eat again..yes the corruption part is true but then you hold the leaders accountable...

Uber drivers in Kenya went on strike when the fare was cut to 35 shillings per km..they called off the strike when it was increased to 42 shillings per km..Uber drivers in Mumbai went on strike and the transport minister shocked had to intervene grin..80% of their demands were met..mind you india`s case was pathetic..as is the case in Nigeria now..extremely low fares because of more drivers entry into e hailing so the companies crashed the price because demand and supply chain was broken in the market dynamics...

Uber drivers in the Uk won a landmark case that gave them rights to be classified as workers rather than self employed..the ruling meant drivers are now entitled to holiday pay, paid rest breaks and national minimum wage grin

Uber driver in France, Usa, Uk, just name it have all gone on strike at some point or the other yet we will be here calculating what these drivers earn per trip and how their lives are better but forgetting that they pay the price everyday for their future.

Uber Nigeria is very happy that there is no Union or if there is, its not pulling its weight..its to their benefit because for them divide and conquer is the strategy they employ even if the union wants to take shape..they understand the power of a unified voice..the power to hold the company by their jugular or balls..not just holding it but squeezing the life out of it grin

I picked a rider when i was driving,the man told me his a full time uber driver in the Uk..he was on holiday in Nigeria shocked shocked..FULL TIME UBER DRIVER...can uber driving in Nigeria save you enough money to go on holiday to Togo?

We must wake up as these companies are exploiting the drivers..instead of complaining this is the step to take..our brothers in other countries have shown us the blueprint and they r reaping the rewards..there is no other way..

i have nothing to gain from these suggestions but as an ex driver its annoying to me the level of exploitation...if we cant think in this pattern then please lets stop complaining and endure the slavery and if you cant endure then QUIT

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jidowu84: 6:23pm On Mar 14, 2019
The slavery continues. I wish u all well in building Uche's dream.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Don't mind them, if you complain they tag you lazy or tell you to quit.

Thought I was the only feeling like this cos I'm a newbie started last month.
Took a guy from kilo nnobi to Doyin orile # 600 rider shout say yellow cab dey always change him 1200 every time he works late that his boss ordered taxify for him.
My I just dey drive dey go house dey look those yellow cab baba's like super star.
I was told I can net 250k every month but with this rare fear dey grip me
I better begin find alternative

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 6:59pm On Mar 14, 2019
BAZ001:

Took a guy from kilo nnobi to Doyin orile # 600 rider shout say yellow cab dey always change him 1200 every time he works late that his boss ordered taxify for him.
My I just dey drive dey go house dey look those yellow cab baba's like super star.

sorry for the experience bro..was that the only trip you took today? and what time of the day did you resume?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2019
Talk2tobo:
any uber/taxify driver around amodu bello way .. My tire got burst and have been stranded here since around 9am... all I need is that wheel spanner that has four mouth
I can be reached on 08168660850

Just make uber request to your location by using the riders app

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2019
There are strategic ways of doing a boycott . It’s not about going on strike for one week or few days. None of that. Picture this: 80% of Uber drivers turn off their apps from 4am-10am on a Monday morning. Then repeat again by 4pm-10pm same day. Ponder on that.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2019
frugal:
There are strategic ways of doing a boycott . It’s not about going on strike for one week or few days. None of that. Picture this: 80% of Uber drivers turn off their apps from 4am-10am on a Monday morning. Then repeat again by 4pm-10pm same day. Ponder on that.

E no go Work because of SURGE... If you know you know grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2019
BAZ001:

I was told I can net 250k every month but with this rare fear dey grip me grin
grin You were told you could net N250 monthly?
Yes you can but with serious hard work, you will see the N250k on your dashboard but you will not see the money grin ( village people like they say on this forum)

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2019
gobuchinny:

How much is the money that you will contribute to the union that wont make you eat again..yes the corruption part is true but then you hold the leaders accountable...

nice write-ups
But I'm not talking about the money or something, but being haraassed by some lowlife agbero all in d name of union,,. Lagos is filled with mad people who disrespect people however they pleases.
Nw dey will be pleading for union but when u give Dem go-ahead dey will now form gangster untop d matter/union. Even local govt agberos LL now use the opportunity to start harassing and collecting tolls from drivers..
Just try imagine someone stops u wen u are on a trip seized your car keys maybe because u broke a rule or something. shocked

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teelacruz(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2019
BAZ001:

@Bolded, Yes you can......

BUT in USA.... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2019
thebigkendo:

E no go Work because of SURGE... If you know you know grin
There will be surge and Judas (romeo3, Pharrell....) among the drivers will sell them out just for the peanut they will get for that period.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 7:39pm On Mar 14, 2019
franksam2009:
nice write-ups
But I'm not talking about the money or something, but being haraassed by some lowlife agbero all in d name of union,,. Lagos is filled with mad people who disrespect people however they pleases.
Nw dey will be pleading for union but when u give Dem go-ahead dey will now form gangster untop d matter/union. Even local govt agberos LL now use the opportunity to start harassing and collecting tolls from drivers..
Just try imagine someone stops u wen u are on a trip seized your car keys maybe because u broke a rule or something. shocked

I doubt the bolded statement will suffice..the union cannot be on the road levying drivers or collecting tolls...no I guess they might require members to pay a token for registration and welfare packages but I doubt their job description will require them levying drivers on the road or collecting some form of toll...uber already does that..

Truth is there will be issues but I believe these issue can be resolved amicably as long as both parties have a common goal..which is driver welfare..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2019
frugal:

Ok but how do you reach the 80%?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 7:45pm On Mar 14, 2019
You dreamers that could not make a strike work last time out want to try again and the drivers struggling to make 5k a day you think they would be ready to off their app and not make money to meet up their rental.
The one reason e-hailing would always be challenged here is because it was never planned for driver rentals yet we have made it a staple and it would always be the stumbling block for progress...i wish everyone the best on their daily hustle.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2019
gobuchinny:

wow @ bolded...positive mind is all we`ve got else person suppose don craze tey tey...even the state of the country is enuff to make someone go bunkers.

But like you said..we gats hold on to the positives to maintain sanity..

Better days ahead.
thats the spirit bro. Take the gain with the pain cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2019
pope191:

I'm not the type dat reason one way, I play around with thoughts till situation gives the perfect view, taxify or uber are not wicked, they have a data base they work on, so once supply is more than demand they reduce price, at the end who bears the burnt? For them, more cars more money as long as demand is reasonable enough (for every drivers cry of no trip, another drivers r sharing the few once and they commission is still at moderation). So reduction favours them as long as they don't reduce their %, can't u see uber is fast taking the space of byke wit 350 trips, where rider we tell u she's going to Akerele from Adeniran Ogunsanya (I was like, seriously? )

Either metaphor or not, the chances of reducing the price is high, right now they r drivers parked somewhere checking dia app often, staring @ 4 trips 2700 since morning, dis can make one appreciate danfo drivers/ keke rider more... There is really nothing uber/taxify can do, cos if with this price, ppl still can't afford the service satisfactory, little traffic, rider starts feeling unease, the worst scenario[b] if things don't pick up in the next four months, they will b decline in driver - partner business, as owners will b force to drive or join the fence gang
sadly inevitable bro.the situation will be brought about by drivers themselves, bit they just don't realise it now embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2019
TuCloz:
Beans and egg; wetin happen?
Riders yaff die today grin
cocoyam dey dia with 2 ishan grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:19pm On Mar 14, 2019
franksam2009:
oga keep your following to yourself biko kiss
lol grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2019
So they want us to work from 5am on Friday to 8pm on Saturday, are we slaves ?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2019
Rollitout:
So they want us to work from 5am on Friday to 8pm on Saturday, are we slaves ?
Don't mind them. They should have said they don't want to give bonuses to drivers but some mumu drivers will keep chasing the bonuses.
Check the rate at which completed rate has increased from 60% to 70%. They must have noticed that some drivers were still meeting up, so they decided to make it tougher.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
brogxy:

Yes you can but with serious hard work, you will see the N250k on your dashboard but you will not see the money grin ( village people like they say on this forum)

You are very correct, you will see plenty money on your dash board but in your pocket there is no money

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by woodrow(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2019
gobuchinny:

And this post rite here is the reason why there wont be progress in e hailing...if I recall you said you haven't driven yet on the platform so all the experience you have is what you have read here...bro you sud drive and really understand wetin the drivers dey face..it aint pretty

Its really surprising to me how people envy others but don't know the price paid to achieve the enviable success..Uber drivers the world over have unions..i mean in the UK, US, France..ok make we leave developed countries find our own mate..Kenya, Uganda, South Africa..just name it...How much is the money that you will contribute to the union that wont make you eat again..yes the corruption part is true but then you hold the leaders accountable...

Uber drivers in Kenya went on strike when the fare was cut to 35 shillings per km..they called off the strike when it was increased to 42 shillings per km..Uber drivers in Mumbai went on strike and the transport minister shocked had to intervene grin..80% of their demands were met..mind you india`s case was pathetic..as is the case in Nigeria now..extremely low fares because of more drivers entry into e hailing so the companies crashed the price because demand and supply chain was broken in the market dynamics...

Uber drivers in the Uk won a landmark case that gave them rights to be classified as workers rather than self employed..the ruling meant drivers are now entitled to holiday pay, paid rest breaks and national minimum wage grin

Uber driver in France, Usa, Uk, just name it have all gone on strike at some point or the other yet we will be here calculating what these drivers earn per trip and how their lives are better but forgetting that they pay the price everyday for their future.

Uber Nigeria is very happy that there is no Union or if there is, its not pulling its weight..its to their benefit because for them divide and conquer is the strategy they employ even if the union wants to take shape..they understand the power of a unified voice..the power to hold the company by their jugular or balls..not just holding it but squeezing the life out of it grin

I picked a rider when i was driving,the man told me his a full time uber driver in the Uk..he was on holiday in Nigeria shocked shocked..FULL TIME UBER DRIVER...can uber driving in Nigeria save you enough money to go on holiday to Togo?

We must wake up as these companies are exploiting the drivers..instead of complaining this is the step to take..our brothers in other countries have shown us the blueprint and they r reaping the rewards..there is no other way..

i have nothing to gain from these suggestions but as an ex driver its annoying to me the level of exploitation...if we cant think in this pattern then please lets stop complaining and endure the slavery and if you cant endure then QUIT

If you pick me and I tell u I'm a full time lyft driver,how can u verify my claim? because someone told u something does not make it true.I wonder who goes on vacation in Nigeria when he can go to the Bahamas.

Truth is,ehailing was not to be a side hustle not the main hustle.the regulators don't want to accept that Nigerians have seen it as a way to put food on the [color=]table[/color].even the privileged ones.

Most people head to the island to make more money forgetting that ehailing was to be done in your comfort zone.you were not expects to inconvenience yourself for someone else.

Anybody on vacation in Nigeria was not spending uber money.ask very well don't just jump into conclusion
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2019
gobuchinny:

sorry for the experience bro..was that the only trip you took today? and what time of the day did you resume?

No that was last night around 1am
I start work 5am most days and 10am some days.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 11:33pm On Mar 14, 2019
BAZ001:

No that was last night around 1am
I start work 5am most days and 10am some days.

So since you started was your daily average? Hope u don't mind my asking
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2019
woodrow:

If you pick me and I tell u I'm a full time lyft driver,how can u verify my claim? because someone told u something does not make it true.I wonder who goes on vacation in Nigeria when he can go to the Bahamas.

Truth is,ehailing was not to be a side hustle not the main hustle.the regulators don't want to accept that Nigerians have seen it as a way to put food on the [color=]table[/color].even the privileged ones.

Most people head to the island to make more money forgetting that ehailing was to be done in your comfort zone.you were not expects to inconvenience yourself for someone else.

Anybody on vacation in Nigeria was not spending uber money.ask very well don't just jump into conclusion

The man is a Yoruba man and he came to see his parents and other family members. .he studied for his PhD in UK and didn't find a job..he told me his a full time e hailing driver..he broke down how he works and the days and particular times of the day he works...he's the one that even advised me to dump the convention navigation app and adopt waze which i did (had never heArd of waze till dat day)..he says he does marathon Friday evening till Saturday morning, sleeps a bit and hits the road by afternoon/ evening till Sunday morning, he does that routine every week cause Friday Saturday he can make double.

He was not lieing bro...I mean y do you lie for some like that..instead someone will lie that they work for the house of commons in UK y lie that you drive uber ..what's he trying to prove? A well spoken man telling me he drives uber? He should be ashamed and lie instead but he spoke his truth and I respeck him for that

He picked interest in me and started asking about how the business was in Nigeria before he opened up..I beleive him..if you follow how much this guy's make vis a vis their expenditure, my brother it won't take you long to save up ticket money to nigeria...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 11:47pm On Mar 14, 2019
woodrow:

Have you landed in like say JFK or Heathrow and requested for uber? Bro does guys r doing fine..I think you should rather ask as I know people that drive for e hailing companies in America and Europe. .there r doing fine brother..trust me..they r doing very fine..

In canada alotta people that ave PR drive uber before they land their first white collar job..alot don't even bother looking again as they comfortable with the pay...please ask and confirm as this is 5he truth

I have a friend whose family is in canada.,he wants to join them in august and uber is what he wants to do first before he lands a white collar job and honestly he doesn't care for the white collar if uber is feeding him..

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 12:10am On Mar 15, 2019
iyaegin:
You dreamers that could not make a strike work last time out want to try again and the drivers struggling to make 5k a day you think they would be ready to off their app and not make money to meet up their rental.
The one reason e-hailing would always be challenged here is because it was never planned for driver rentals yet we have made it a staple and it would always be the stumbling block for progress...i wish everyone the best on their daily hustle.

If this was true why then do uber have the "uber fleet" app for partners? Oh, they expect you to have a fleet of cars you drive yourself?
Why do you think they let you register either as a partner(if you own your car) or partner driver(if you don't have a car)?
Why do they have a platform where drivers and partners connect?

You're deceiving yourself if you feel uber have no idea of the rental/HP system. Even in Yankee, companies give out cars on rental.
We didn't invent this system in Nigeria. It's a system designed and sold to us by uber itself.
Let's stop making excuses for these companies abeg.

These low fares have been their plan all along. They romanced us into flooding the platform with our cars. Remember those meetings we used to have with uber at Sheraton Rd., Ikeja? When was the last time we had such meetings again?
I know people that suffered huge losses after investing up to 10 expensive cars on uber during the days of 2007 and above cars. Uber reduced the year of cars and fares without considering what would become of investors that were sweet talked into partnering with them.

This trend has continued unchecked and unless drivers fight back in a way, they will eventually experience worse than those working at Chinese factories. At least those ones too are earning above minimum wage grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 12:34am On Mar 15, 2019
brogxy:

His post gave me sivia pains. You see wetin this thread dey cause?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 12:35am On Mar 15, 2019
franksam2009:
nice write-ups

The making of MC Oluomo the II

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.