Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757976 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
aaronson:
Engine can be rebuilt or thorough sludge flush can be done as well then he could begin to use sythetic oil.

Not helpful

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
donshaddow:

Mmmmm, was inside shoprite in circle mall trying to get a rider. Up until around 9.03pm got a rider. Got to the exit and was told I'll pay #300 cos it's flat rate after 9pm. There were 2 rider going to the estate just behind circle mall. The trip was #500 and I paid #300 for car park. Was so downcast I had to blow empty to Ipaja. Got to Anthony and I request came in from oshodi going to Ikola. The trip was 2k and rider forgot his phone. Had to meet up with him halfway to give back phone and was tipped 1k again.
All things works for good my brother. This is strictly a taxi business. Don't expect much, when request comes just take it, and if it doesn't just go home and rest. All days are not the same. God bless our hustle.
Blessings bro. Nice one
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Trsrrs: 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
nitigriti:

Not helpful
Before the engine spoil I go don buy newer model car .I hear your advicev
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2019
iyaegin:
You dreamers that could not make a strike work last time out want to try again and the drivers struggling to make 5k a day you think they would be ready to off their app and not make money to meet up their rental.
The one reason e-hailing would always be challenged here is because it was never planned for driver rentals yet we have made it a staple and it would always be the stumbling block for progress...i wish everyone the best on their daily hustle.

Exactly. I've been saying this for close to two years now.

The middlemen who love to sit in their homes/offices and eat uber money are the ones who ruined the party. Not trying to knock their hustle though, Nigeria is basically a rentier economy where everyone would rather live off brokers' fees than do any productive work. That's why we depend on whites to mine and sell our crude oil while we just basically take the proceeds and import everything we need, down to food items, clothing and agricultural products.

Even if uber/taxify did not reduce fares, drivers would still have low trip volume because of the number of rental cars and the high rate of unemployment in the nation. Of course uber saw the flood of vehicles as an economies-of-scale boon so they promptly slashed fares to drive the yellow-cabs out of the market. Can't say I blame them either.

You guys should just suck it up or quit, the union idea will never work, only a regulatory approach will bring fares up again, but I can bet uber & taxify are paying off the politicians/civil servants already.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2019
ysam:
Just Cleared Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2006 Model available for hire purchase, 3.1M
Down payment:required
2 Verifiable guarantor
Interested?:Whatsapp 08067611956, Let's talk

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ysam(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2019
Thank you for your comment.
hazvat:

3.1m ? This is wickedness of the highest order. Except the hireree will pay over 10years with the current trend of request on e hailing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2019
xcaper:
Dear All, please do i need to pay yearly rental fee for vehicle tracking after paying for the initial cost of installation.
Thank you.
Nope. That's a rip off, vehicle tracking is a one off thing. After installation, U don't need to pay any one. I do vehicle tracking too.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by charlezok(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2019
Pete1:
2003 Honda Civic for sale.
Good for e-hailing business and in perfect condition.
Well maintained
Automatic transmission
Leather interior
DVD/Reverse camera
Reason for sale: Have a new car
Price: #600,000
Location: Lagos/Abeokuta Express way by General/Amadeya bus stop.

Am interested. Will contact you. Hope its still available?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2019
franksam2009:
nice write-ups
But I'm not talking about the money or something, but being haraassed by some lowlife agbero all in d name of union,,. Lagos is filled with mad people who disrespect people however they pleases.
Nw dey will be pleading for union but when u give Dem go-ahead dey will now form gangster untop d matter/union. Even local govt agberos LL now use the opportunity to start harassing and collecting tolls from drivers..
Just try imagine someone stops u wen u are on a trip seized your car keys maybe because u broke a rule or something. shocked

Fear of the known abi na u known lipsrsealed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
woodrow:

If you pick me and I tell u I'm a full time lyft driver,how can u verify my claim? because someone told u something does not make it true.I wonder who goes on vacation in Nigeria when he can go to the Bahamas.

Truth is,ehailing was not to be a side hustle not the main hustle.the regulators don't want to accept that Nigerians have seen it as a way to put food on the [color=]table[/color].even the privileged ones.

Most people head to the island to make more money forgetting that ehailing was to be done in your comfort zone.you were not expects to inconvenience yourself for someone else.

Anybody on vacation in Nigeria was not spending uber money.ask very well don't just jump into conclusion

If people are not doing Uber/Lyft full time in UK, USA, India then why the drivers in that country(s) sue Uber or go on strike?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Trsrrs:

Before the engine spoil I go don buy newer model car .I hear your advicev
and the next person to buy will face the wahala grin grin grin.
Anyway buying a good car is just luck and God's grace, forget about weda z tokunbo or Nigerian used
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2019
xcaper:
Dear All, please do i need to pay yearly rental fee for vehicle tracking after paying for the initial cost of installation.
Thank you.
it depends on the tracker they used for you,. I have seen such be4,. But d company should have given you options to choose from na
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 5:57pm On Mar 15, 2019
franksam2009:
it depends on the tracker they used for you,. I have seen such be4,. But d company should have given you options to choose from na
Thats not true bro, Vehicle tracking is my field of expertise, I have 5 years experience and am still doing it. There is nothing like yearly rental when U install tracker in your car. Instead yearly subscription, but that's for fleets and companies who wants to monitor their vehicles on d server. For individual car owner all U need is your phone, tab, etc and you will be able to monitor and control your car with simple SMS codes and internet data. That's all, any other additional fees is extortion.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2019
chucsmoore:
Thats not true bro, Vehicle tracking is my field of expertise, I have 5 years experience and am still doing it. There is nothing like yearly rental when U install tracker in your car. Instead yearly subscription, but that's for fleets and companies who wants to monitor their vehicles on d server. For individual car owner all U need is your phone, tab, etc and you will be able to monitor and control your car with simple SMS codes and internet data. That's all, any other additional fees is extortion.
I have a question though, someone told me to buy airtime on that my tracking SIM tied to tracker. Why is that?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donshaddow(m): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
pope191:

Next time start the trip before going to pay any form of clearance
The trip was on already. The payment was at the exit.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2019
aaronson:
I have a question though, someone told me to buy airtime on that my tracking SIM tied to tracker. Why is that?

You must have internet subscription on the tracker sim and you have to payfor it outside of the hardware/installation cost.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bozz007(m): 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2019
bozz007:
Who will buy my Corolla, tired of this business.

07 Corolla. N1.3m

Price is firm, no pricing. Vehicle is around Ogudu-Alapere

SOLD

In general, the e-hailing vehicle rental business wasn’t really a bad investment but fell short of expectations. It became worse since the turn of the year and I chose to exit before drivers run me mad. I decided to take stock and summarised below:

Cost.
Vehicle purchased in July, 18 (lucky to get a very good deal) – N1m
Repairs and maintenance (tyres, tracker, insurance, servicing for 7 months) – N300k
Total expenditure – N1.3million

Returns.
Total receipts for 7 months from 3 drivers – N586k (average of 83k per month..chai...instead of 120k)
Car retired and sold in March – N1.2m
Total receipts - N1.786m

Net profit – N486k.

Imagine if I was unable to sell the car at a good price, na loss be that.

The current state of the business is manageable for drivers driving their own cars. Between January and February (9 weeks), I received only 120k, which makes an average of 13k per week (even after I reduced rentals to 20k/week). Sharing between drivers and owners on rentals will continue leading to fight, as a driver will only pay after satisfying himself.

Wish y’all good luck, I’ve jumped to the other side of the fence.

15 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2019
bozz007:

In general, the e-hailing vehicle rental business wasn’t really a bad investment but fell short of expectations. It became worse since the turn of the year and I chose to exit before drivers run me mad. I decided to take stock and summarised below:

Cost.
Repairs and maintenance (tyres, tracker, insurance, servicing for 7 months) – N300k

Returns.
Total receipts for 7 months from 3 drivers – N586k (average of 83k per month..chai...instead of 120k)
Total receipts - N1.786m

Net profit – N486k.

The current state of the business is manageable for drivers driving their own cars. Between January and February (9 weeks), I received only 120k, which makes an average of 13k per week (even after I reduced rentals to 20k/week). Sharing between drivers and owners on rentals will continue leading to fight, as a driver will only pay after satisfying himself.

Gospel truth. All through.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
So someone called me this evening and asked if I wanted a hire purchase.

I'm just smiling.
Who dey see cobra dey go use im head play?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2019
aaronson:
All trackers has a simcard slot. It must always be loaded with airtime, if not U won't be able to get SMS notifications of your car locations, reports and other functions. You don't need data on d simcard tied to d tracker. It's only your phone you need data, that is if you want to track your car on the Google maps. There are 2 ways U can track your car. SMS or Internet. SMS base is when you send an sms code to d Sim in d tracker, you instantly get a report of where your car is inform of SMS while internet tracking shows U d location of your car on Google map.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 8:24pm On Mar 15, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

You must have internet subscription on the tracker sim and you have to payfor it outside of the hardware/installation cost.
Nope that's wrong he doesn't need data on tracker Sim, it's only airtime

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
chucsmoore:
All trackers has a simcard slot. It must always be loaded with airtime, if not U won't be able to get SMS notifications of your car locations, reports and other functions. You don't need data on d simcard tied to d tracker. It's only your phone you need data, that is if you want to track your car on the Google maps. There are 2 ways U can track your car. SMS or Internet. SMS base is when you send an sms code to d Sim in d tracker, you instantly get a report of where your car is inform of SMS while internet tracking shows U d location of your car on Google map.
Thanks for the clarification bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by salesforce: 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
bozz007:

Cost.

Returns.
Total receipts - N1.786m

Net profit – N486k.

thank.lord u bought a used car and also good brand for you to have resold at good price.if it was tokunbo na total loss be that.since i had experiencd with seven okadas about nine years ago.all total loss didnt recoup any full payment.for the hire purchase.i gave up on transport biz.

goodluck to.those who are.riding theirs.themselves.

anyway

this is I earned money daily trading binary options volatility indices using this method I found on youtube. watch video on youtube using link in the image.all steps to follow is stated in the video description on youtube.

thank me later !

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 11:04pm On Mar 15, 2019
BAZ001:

Okay let me start like this
I started in February and make 10/12k every day and weekend 30/40 k
But this march Average daily 6/7k
I need help and advise

You haven't been doing bad since you started bro..truth is each day has its own uniqueness except weekend when you prolly always make more than the weekdays.

when I started driving I was lucky because then men just dey flash earnings and useful tips on how to position etc...for me those earnings motivated me cause I saw it was possible..unfortunately now men don tire and are barely scrapping by..i know alotta guys still make money here but prefer to be on a down low and probably because flashing receipts will make investors begin dey flood the business grin

However there r guys here that are well experienced who average 100k gross per week..i suggest you get to know them..ask for their preferred time, meet with them and buy them booze and pick their brains grin...this was the luxury I had during ugunvic and Romeo3 days..as bad as those guys were concerning the fraudulent activities..i learnt a lot from them...honestly at this particular period you need more than knowing how to drive..its so saturated that you need that cutting edge..and that's were experience comes in...

Furthermore, pay attention to your customer service..very important for therein lieth your offline trips and referrals...Nitigriti, chuck Norris, gentlelife, eherbal, darmilolah, fahrenz, pope, deedee, brogxy, ifyeez, medd422, julietromeo, tgiirl, and more guys that i cant think of now r guys with much experience..there r more coded guys killing it or atleast doing decently well but prefer to stay coded grin

goodluck

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phori: 11:05pm On Mar 15, 2019
chucsmoore:
Nope. That's a rip off, vehicle tracking is a one off thing. After installation, U don't need to pay any one. I do vehicle tracking too.

Will love to install a tracked on my car bruhv... U can hit me up on 07061930916..
Gracias
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:44am On Mar 16, 2019
gobuchinny:

You haven't been doing bad since you started bro..truth is each day has its own uniqueness except weekend when you prolly always make more than the weekdays.

when I started driving I was lucky because then men just dey flash earnings and useful tips on how to position etc...for me those earnings motivated me cause I saw it was possible..unfortunately now men don tire and are barely scrapping by..i know alotta guys still make money here but prefer to be on a down low and probably because flashing receipts will make investors begin dey flood the business grin

However there r guys here that are well experienced who average 100k gross per week..i suggest you get to know them..ask for their preferred time, meet with them and buy them booze and pick their brains grin...this was the luxury I had during ugunvic and Romeo3 days..as bad as those guys were concerning the fraudulent activities..i learnt a lot from them...honestly at this particular period you need more than knowing how to drive..its so saturated that you need that cutting edge..and that's were experience comes in...

Furthermore, pay attention to your customer service..very important for therein lieth your offline trips and referrals...Nitigriti, chuck Norris, gentlelife, eherbal, darmilolah, fahrenz, pope, deedee, brogxy, ifyeez, medd422, julietromeo, tgiirl, and more guys that i cant think of now r guys with much experience..there r more coded guys killing it or atleast doing decently well but prefer to stay coded grin

goodluck

Thank you so much Boss
I will go after all of them one by one
Want to sleep now 2:30 am to start again by 5am.
Just dropped 3guys at yaba,they changed location twice from ebutte Metta to yaba and then another location in yaba.
Final destination na one street wey boys plenty they smoke like 20 guys just hanging around different spot.
The rider do transfer show me for him phone but alert no come my own phone I no bother argue or wait, I just zoom off cos I dey fear that area. I Don blow go house fear still dey catch me. I checked online account money no enter.
I know say whala dey as dem dey change destinations but I no know how to discharge them say I no go again.
My mind they say them don scam me but I still dey hope say alert go come for morning...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:49am On Mar 16, 2019
gobuchinny:

goodluck

I also witnessed one golf drive into gutter, left the road and enter gutter, come out dey put hand for head they shout Ahhhh
Few people rushed to help him I no comot for car but I for like ask him if na sleep or na alcohol or village people remote am.
Na so the guy for run into car if na car park for that place. na this two things put fear for me. I begin run go house
But seriously does night driving pay more than day?
If na day time I for use style check my account before zooming off or na Area wey people dey or club.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 3:07am On Mar 16, 2019
BAZ001:

I also witnessed one golf drive into gutter, left the road and enter gutter, come out dey put hand for head they shout Ahhhh
Few people rushed to help him I no comot for car but I for like ask him if na sleep or na alcohol or village people remote am.
Na so the guy for run into car if na car park for that place. na this two things put fear for me. I begin run go house
But seriously does night driving pay more than day?
If na day time I for use style check my account before zooming off or na Area wey people dey or club.
cut your loses bro. Thank God you're OK. That's the most important thing. I've been adviced against night driving, and I think I'll take it. My eyes have seen things doing niteshift. Pls if it's your car, go home to the family every night. Alubarika Na im sure pass.. Best of luck bro. I just dey enter house for my village for ikorodu. smiley

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by woodrow(m): 6:58am On Mar 16, 2019
BAZ001:

Thank you so much Boss
Just dropped 3guys at yaba,they changed location twice from ebutte Metta to yaba and then another location in yaba.
Final destination na one street wey boys plenty they smoke like 20 guys just hanging around different spot.
The rider do transfer show me for him phone but alert no come my own phone I no bother argue or wait, I just zoom off cos I dey fear that area. I Don blow go house fear still dey catch me. I checked online account money no enter.
I know say whala dey as dem dey change destinations but I no know how to discharge them say I no go again.
My mind they say them don scam me but I still dey hope say alert go come for morning...
I congratulate u.some people forget about life while chasing money.the alert that will enter will be more than u expect.cheers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 16, 2019
BAZ001:

Thank you so much Boss

2.5 hrs sleep is not enough. Don't risk innocent lives bro

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 16, 2019
Can someone please make me see a reason why this nasty rider has not been blocked from the platform.
Guess they don't care about the drivers'welfare.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 8:16am On Mar 16, 2019
BAZ001:

how far d alert later enter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Mukah1234(m), jpworld(m), Otunbalai(m), Itsrm(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.