Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4769473 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
izzou:

And how does that affect my hustle?

Na only that rider dey the platform?
Imagine yourself giving ten 1 star per week. And you still position around same rider from time to time. Are you not gradually boxing yourself to one corner? Come on, what goes around comes around
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2019
QuitNotice:
You're right, boss. The only way to gain happiness in your biz is by showing customers kindness. Some of these riders are angels. But the way we treat them can bring out the devil. It's a give and take thing.
very correct
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lekbel09(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2019
Good evening senior men, am a young guy in my early 20s wanting to go into this uber driving of a thing . But I have some questions
1. How profitable is it now considering i will be the one driving? A good Samaritan will dash the Toyota corolla to me for a duration of 1year
2.How do I maintain the car that will be given to me cos I dunno shit about cars?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2019
QuitNotice:
Imagine yourself giving ten 1 star per week. And you still position around same rider from time to time. Are you not gradually boxing yourself to one corner? Come on, what goes around comes around

Maybe I don't get the point you guys are trying to make, but I don't see how the impact of not picking a rider within position affects my earnings

The probability of me picking someone twice in a week for me was very very low. And even if the system doesnt pick me, won't someone else request for a ride? If there's something I like the rating for, it's the fact that it notifies the next driver of what his next rider is going to look like. Imagine everyone here rating riders 5 stars.

If uber is not doing anything about low rider's ratings, I'd doesnt mean it's entirely useless. When you get a request and you see the rider's rating as 2.74, it helps you to prepare mentally for the trip. It's the effort of previous drivers that you just enjoyed.

Maybe I'm the one not getting the point here, but this is the view I wanted us to see

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2019
eherbal:
she said she's made up her mind. Pls let's encourage her. At times it's not always about the money, but job satisfaction. I can relate. Oge18, what do you need to know? Shoot your questions

grin grin grin

Do not encourage her to jump ship immediately.

A steady pay-check every month no be moin moin.

Also she need to test the waters before jumping ship.

1. She need to test how "manageable" is her car for the day-to-day operation. She claimed to be a banker, so I think the vehicle need to be stress test before venturing out. Maybe she rent out the car for like 3-5 months to see if it breakdown or not. Bankers only drive early in the morning and late at night, so during the day their cars are not working. The car need some serious test run on Uber/Bolt operation.

2. Driving for a living isn't easy. The last time I was stucked behind the wheels for 9 hours commuting from Lagos to Ibadan was the day I truly respect EVERY PERSON DRIVING FOR A LIVING. Men, I didn't drive my car for next 5 days after the journey. Now imagine doing that on a daily basis.

3. She is leaving a "SANE" environment for "UNSANE" environment. Pardon my French. LASTMA, VIO, AIRPORT DRIVERS, DANFO DRIVERS do not harass her in her banking hall but would do when she start.

I would recommend, you guide her before she jump the ship.

A child doesn't just start running, a child need to crawl, take the first baby step, walk, before thinking about running. grin grin grin grin grin

Well Done to Everyone.

Back to my Siddon Look "On The Other Side of Fence" wink wink wink wink

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 7:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
oge18:
Hello pple..i am a lady and i want to start uber full time. I current wrk in a bank and i am tired and i feel used having worked for 5 years and 3months without been promoted. I have made up my mind to drive uber. Biko wat is the next step?? I have a manageable car which i can still put in good condition.
lol the only question here is, will ur car be able to survive 12 hour per day drive with AC on throughout and won't give problems? Can it stay 3hours in traffic with AC in full blast without over heating?
Fix this issue first, then register on uber, drive on ur free time, compare both then u know which suits you best

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2019
TheCar:

;.

1. She need to test how "manageable" is her car for the day-to-day operation. She claimed to be a banker, so I think the vehicle need to be stress test before venturing out. Maybe she rent out the car for like 3-5 months to see if it breakdown or not. Bankers only drive early in the morning and late at night, so during the day their cars are not working. The car need some serious test run on Uber/Bolt operation.
how can you ask someone to rent out his car for 5 months to see if it breaks down or not, does it make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lekbel09(m): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
lekbel09:
Good evening senior men, am a young guy in my early 20s wanting to go into this uber driving of a thing . But I have some questions
1. How profitable is it now considering i will be the one driving? A good Samaritan will dash the Toyota corolla to me for a duration of 1year
2.How do I maintain the car that will be given to me cos I dunno shit about cars?
Abeg pls You guys should answer me sef Na
Cc:nitigriti
Franksam
Izzou
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
franksam2009:
how can you ask someone to rent out his car for 5 months to see if it breaks down or not, does it make sense to you?

Well, Sam, to be Frank with you, This is 2019 not 2009. So please make a meaningful statement?

If you aren't clear about what is said, you asked meaningful questions in a polite way.

The way things are done in 2009 isn't the same way it is done in 2019.

"She need to test how "manageable" is her car for the day-to-day operation. She claimed to be a banker, so I think the vehicle need to be stress test before venturing out. Maybe she rent out the car for like 3-5 months to see if it breakdown or not. Bankers only drive early in the morning and late at night, so during the day their cars are not working. The car need some serious test run on Uber/Bolt operation."

A car driven for 10 -12 hours daily is different from a car used for 2-4 hours daily.

So testing the car before quitting her job isn't a bad idea.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:15pm On Mar 30, 2019
lekbel09:
Cc:nitiriti
Fransam
Izou

1) What do you mean by dash? You won't be paying any rent?

If so, great. I'll advise you to work hard. The business is tough now, but with grace and hardwork, you'll make it. I'll still advise you read this thread. It's a compilation of real life experiences. Make use of this one year

2)Ensure you service your car as at when due. Do not joke with that. Ask the person dashing you the car for his mechanic and you could stick to him. Always ensure you watch when your car is being repaired. It will help increase your knowledge, and you soon know much about cars.

Just get ready for the challenge. Always start early so you can close early.Have a daily target. Watch out for your safety at night. Trust your instincts. And never feel discouraged if you run into trouble. We all did at some point in this journey

You'll be fine

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2019
TheCar:

Well, Sam, to be Frank with you, This is 2019 not 2009. So please make a meaningful statement?

If you aren't clear about what is said, you asked meaningful questions in a polite way.

The way things are done in 2009 isn't the same way it is done in 2019.

How did you think this line out?
It caught my attention

grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lekbel09(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2019
izzou:

1) What do you mean by dash? You won't be paying any rent?

If so, great. I'll advise you to work hard. The business is tough now, but with grace and hardwork, you'll make it. I'll still advise you read this thread. It's a compilation of real life experiences. Make use of this one year

2)Ensure you service your car as at when due. Do not joke with that. Ask the person dashing you the car for his mechanic and you could stick to him. Always ensure you watch when your car is being repaired. It will help increase your knowledge, and you soon know much about cars.

Just get ready for the challenge. Always start early so you can close early.Have a daily target. Watch out for your safety at night. Trust your instincts. And never feel discouraged if you run into trouble. We all did at some point in this journey

You'll be fine
thanks boss I appreciate,
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
pope191:

Got a one star yesterday and I know it most be from her... Cos the kind of attitude I gave her inside Awolowo traffic, no b hia. She had to repeat herself and alert me she's talking to me before I respond.

She is very silly, look at how she made u to waste ur fuel for a 1.8km trip with just 800 naira

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
oge18:
Hello pple..i am a lady and i want to start uber full time. I current wrk in a bank and i am tired and i feel used having worked for 5 years and 3months without been promoted. I have made up my mind to drive uber. Biko wat is the next step?? I have a manageable car which i can still put in good condition.

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe because it’s handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.
Pls don’t leave ur “certainty” job for “uncertainty” uber job because u think or told it’s lucrative

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
I just feel like going home nd sleep, one rider just spoil my day... Its painful

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2019
pope191:
I just feel like going home nd sleep, one rider just spoil my day... Its painful

So sorry bro

Ask someone from you house to request you, peradventure it may increase. This isn't right, but you shouldn't just labor for nothing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rollitout: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
pope191:

Sorry bro, it might also be a trap from taxify, they don't want you to have the 4k bonus

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
izzou:

How did you think this line out?
It caught my attention

grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Instead of thinking out of the box, I jejely comot the box.

His Moniker - frank.sam.2009

Sam - (Name) Like Samuel etc

Frank - (Action) To be Open or Honest, candid etc

2009 - (Year) 10 years ago

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hazvat(f): 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
izzou:

I hope you gave her the usual angry

1 star angry
birth right niyen. 12 unit course.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hazvat(f): 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
Cooladex:
This job ehn! Got a request around Fela shrin yestnite, I drove in to the events centre for pick up.

I saw a huge pile wedding gifts(eruiiyawo). The guy said oga open your booth, we re going to Alagbado, I just cancelled and moved on.
correct guy with taste.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2019
pope191:
Is the rider from your village? Maybe the rider was sent by them.

grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
TheCar:

grin grin grin

Do not encourage her to jump ship immediately.

A steady pay-check every month no be moin moin.

Also she need to test the waters before jumping ship.

2. Driving for a living isn't easy. The last time I was stucked behind the wheels for 9 hours commuting from Lagos to Ibadan was the day I truly respect EVERY PERSON DRIVING FOR A LIVING. Men, I didn't drive my car for next 5 days after the journey. Now imagine doing that on a daily basis.

3. She is leaving a "SANE" environment for "UNSANE" environment. Pardon my French. LASTMA, VIO, AIRPORT DRIVERS, DANFO DRIVERS do not harass her in her banking hall but would do when she start.

I would recommend, you guide her before she jump the ship.

A child doesn't just start running, a child need to crawl, take the first baby step, walk, before thinking about running. grin grin grin grin grin

Well Done to Everyone.

Back to my Siddon Look "On The Other Side of Fence" wink wink wink wink
where have you been Mr man grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
lekbel09:
Cc:nitigriti
FranksamLearner!
Izzou

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taskcompleteng: 10:34pm On Mar 30, 2019
lagostaxiguy:

How much is the elantra? Do you have pictures

Call
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taskcompleteng: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
Toyota corolla 2006 forsale

Call
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
brogxy:

Abeg we all know the outcome but let the sleeping/snoring dog lie.
Bros there's no way we will allow the dog sleep, we begged the dog to sleep then when it was night it refused
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
eherbal:
where have you been Mr man grin

I have been at the other side of the fence enjoying and learning interesting stuffs from the thought-provoking conversations shared by the great minds I followed here. wink wink wink wink wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barano(m): 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hello, I am an active driver on both uber and taxify. I need a car for weekly rental.
You can contact me on 08173771891. It is also available on WhatsApp.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Guruindahouse(m): 11:34pm On Mar 30, 2019
Do you have collateral?
Barano:
Hello, I am an active driver on both uber and taxify. I need a car for weekly rental.
You can contact me on 08173771891. It is also available on WhatsApp.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:50am On Mar 31, 2019
izzou:

So sorry bro

Ask someone from you house to request you, peradventure it may increase. This isn't right, but you shouldn't just labor for nothing

I have to do 5 trips to meet up, crazy how 1 error will drop so fast, but 5 won't cover for it. I give up on Taxify

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:53am On Mar 31, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Is the rider from your village? Maybe the rider was sent by them.

grin

Lol... The painful part was I've already done 15 by 6:30pm so I was just relaxing due to the traffic at Ajah, with the mindset that today is worth the stress. Its a great day anyway, made 21k plus 2200 naira dash.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dav1002(m), GeneralZodd(m), abella22 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.