Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4770311 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tusol11: 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
Anyone interested in driving Kia Rio 2016 model, brand new with no issues. Contact me on 08153659910. Let's talk
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sam2kenny: 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
I need a car for Uber/bolt I stay around iyanaipaja. I will be glad to get a car between 20k-25k weekly delivery
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamalfry(m): 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
sehawale:
If you are Uber Partner or Driver in Lagos, kindly share your experience here:

- Considering the unpredictable traffic situation in some parts of Lagos, is it lucrative?
- How much on the average do you make weekly, working from morning till evening daily excluding weekends?
- What are the challenges specific to Lagos with being a partner or driver with Uber?
- Would you recommend a friend to be a partner with Uber.
- Any other useful info...

I need this survey/shared experience because I have thought of being a partner with Uber. I have a driver that is assigned to my family. My family's daily itinerary is fixed and this makes my driver and my car idle from 8am to 8pm daily. Registering the car and the driver with Uber has been considered to roll extra bucks into the family's purse and increase my driver's take-home as he will get commission from money made from Uber, apart from the salary he is being paid presently.

Your comments will be appreciated!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
sam2kenny:
I need a car for Uber/bolt I stay around iyanaipaja. I will be glad to get a car between 20k-25k weekly delivery

Please tell me you called the person above you before writing this

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Lol grin he go calm down eventually. After lastma ambush am or him alternator belt cut for nghtgrin
omo I haven't thought of this oo, but wetin person suppose do if belt cut for night?? Thinking of this is even scary sef cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Lol grin he go calm down eventually. After lastma ambush am or him alternator belt cut for nghtgrin
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
Trouble. Called her 4times and her phone was busy. All of a sudden she called back and was racking that where am I? Was already prepared due to the rating. She put wrong address. Covenant Christian centre iganmu was her location but she put abebe street iganmu. Me I just drive there go chop 400naira cancellation fee... Did I do bad Please?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
Lol convenant christain centre was just opposite that abebe village road beside national theatre
mistadayo:
Trouble. Called her 4times and her phone was busy. All of a sudden she called back and was racking that where am I? Was already prepared due to the rating. She put wrong address. Covenant Christian centre iganmu was her location but she put abebe street iganmu. Me I just drive there go chop 400naira cancellation fee... Did I do bad Please?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
ofime123:
Lol convenant christain centre was just opposite that abebe village road beside national theatre

I believe he more like did it cos of the way the rider spoke to him. He would have thought twice as it was a 1.2 surge trip

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
Yeah. When I checked her destination it was ketu...
Epphy:

I believe he more like did it cos of the way the rider spoke to him. He would have thought twice as it was a 1.2 surge trip

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
mistadayo:

My brother you did not do bad...you actually did worst. Covenant Christian Center is just after abebe street. Why didn't you go and pick her? On 1.2x surge for that matter. chaiii, you no try at all.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
mistadayo:
you would got up to 2500 for completing that ride

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
mistadayo:
grin grin unless say na 1.8 surge u no do bad jare grin all dese 24/7 frustrated god forsaken female species thinking d world revolve around deer big assess

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
mistadayo:
Yeah. When I checked her destination it was ketu...

How did you check her destination?
You can do that on Bolt?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
GforGee:

You can do that on Bolt?
after cancellation and chopping ur 300. You will see destination
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
Taxify mumu o. Dey have change the default car on the rider app from bolt to lite. It was actually vice versa.
Na to favour the riders all the time them sabi

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 1:50am On Apr 22, 2019
Seriously is this even worth it? Uber will definitely be more than this, from lekki!

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bot101(m): 3:18am On Apr 22, 2019
Good day guys, I have been following posts here in recent times and looking to become an Uber/Taxify partner. I am planning to buy a Nigerian used Honda Accord 2004 model, employ the services of an Uber/Taxify driver, and collect 25k - 30k weekly. I don't know how feasible this would be as I have zero experience with running a ride sharing business. I need your advice on whether to continue or find something else to put my funds into. I'll create a topic and repost this there to avoid distractions, thanks.

Update: Thread created!!
https://www.nairaland.com/5146783/uber-taxify-partners-drivers-come
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 4:42am On Apr 22, 2019
Xneg:
Seriously is this even worth it? Uber will definitely be more than this, from lekki!

It would have been #2142 on Uber. So, no much difference.
What I would love them (Bolt and Uber) to do is increase fare price at night to complement the risks drivers take. I've carried different riders that had said people reject their destinations at night due to distance and/or traffic. These kind of people will glady pay more because they understand what it entails to travel at night.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 5:31am On Apr 22, 2019
The trips history na. Where the 400naira cancellation fee is recorded.
GforGee:

You can do that on Bolt?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 6:30am On Apr 22, 2019
bot101:
Good day guys, I have been following posts here in recent times and looking to become an Uber/Taxify partner. I am planning to buy a Nigerian used Honda Accord 2004 model, employ the services of an Uber/Taxify driver, and collect 25k - 30k weekly. I don't know how feasible this would be as I have zero experience with running a ride sharing business. I need your advice on whether to continue or find something else to put my funds into. I'll create a topic and repost this there to avoid distractions, thanks.

So you have heard about how people are raking money on Uber/taxify, and you decide to chop out of it.
It's good but when you buy that your HONDA ACCORD(2.4l), it will be good for you to drive it for two months before you know how much your so called Uber/taxify driver you plan EMPLOYING would be able to deliver.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:40am On Apr 22, 2019
pope191:

Boss u r not getting it, you won't even get to hear a sound or see display on your phone. I just saw another one now dropping my activity scores without even noticing anything last night
This is the reason I stopped chasing taxify bonus, if you can remember when they used to do week long bonus of 20k and 40k. At almost 10pm on the last day I completed the last trip to get 20k. I just went offline and went to a bar to relax cuz I was so stressed out. I ordered a bottle of beer and I smiled to my phone in the process of checking how much I've made so far plus my 20k bonus. To my surprise I only saw green bar, no yellow bar on top (you know what this means if you've chopped bonus before lol)
In my mind maybe they've not updated my earnings. Out of curiosity I clicked on the bonus page and saw "red". My heart skipped, then I slowly read something that looked like a death sentence.. Acceptance rate less than 95 %
How come? I went back to check my trip history and on the very top lied this "driver did not respond " staring at my face. To cut story short no be me drink that beer wey I order
When I'm finally ready to retire from this strenuous biz, I go collect my money las las, cash trips all the way. Before dem block me I don recover my scammed money

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:48am On Apr 22, 2019
izzou:

grin grin grin

I did three back to back card trips yesterday. And all of them passed through the Ikoyi toll

Very annoying but comforting grin

That thing dey pain.. You will need urgent cash, then go online only for you to start spending the little you have on tolls, especially when you don't have much fuel. After several card trips, I started one trip and it was cash. I didn't know when I shouted "ope o",
Rider asked what happened, I say bros u be my last hope to get cash for fuel. The guy looked at my gauge and we started laughing. He added extra 500 after the trip

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Impulse80(m): 7:00am On Apr 22, 2019
Mjosh1000:

Pls I no go school what's tramp

Skank grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:16am On Apr 22, 2019
deedee44:

That thing dey pain.. You will need urgent cash, then go online only for you to start spending the little you have on tolls, especially when you don't have much fuel. After several card trips, I started one trip and it was cash. I didn't know when I shouted "ope o",
Rider asked what happened, I say bros u be my last hope to get cash for fuel.
The guy looked at my gauge and we started laughing. He added extra 500 after the trip

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Felt so bad for this guy yesterday. It happened on 3mb

He said a car overtook him and entered his front immediately. He tried to avoid a collision and climbed the kerb and the rest is history.

But I think he must have dozed a little. It happened almost 12 midnight. Poor guy

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 7:28am On Apr 22, 2019
franksam2009:
omo I haven't thought of this oo, but wetin person suppose do if belt cut for night?? Thinking of this is even scary sef cry
ll size

For corolla and honda civic its easy to install. I always have a spare belt in my cars.

Tools i have are. All sizes of spanners. Mostly 8" 10" 12" 13" 17" 18". Size 18" are for your belt adjuster.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:45am On Apr 22, 2019
deedee44:

This is the reason I stopped chasing taxify bonus, if you can remember when they used to do week long bonus of 20k and 40k. At almost 10pm on the last day I completed the last trip to get 20k. I just went offline and went to a bar to relax cuz I was so stressed out. I ordered a bottle of beer and I smiled to my phone in the process of checking how much I've made so far plus my 20k bonus. To my surprise I only saw green bar, no yellow bar on top (you know what this means if you've chopped bonus before lol)
In my mind maybe they've not updated my earnings. Out of curiosity I clicked on the bonus page and saw "red". My heart skipped, then I slowly read something that looked like a death sentence.. Acceptance rate less than 95 %
How come? I went back to check my trip history and on the very top lied this "driver did not respond " staring at my face. To cut story short no be me drink that beer wey I order
When I'm finally ready to retire from this strenuous biz, I go collect my money las las, cash trips all the way. Before dem block me I don recover my scammed money

Lol I can relate, taxify is on life support right now, yesterday they are stylishly aviodin surge, they can't even give promo like uber. I don't chase their bonus again, except friday/Saturdays own
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 8:15am On Apr 22, 2019
bot101:

I think you read but didn't understand many things. Honda Accord is not the best car for the biz as it comes with a big engine as well as its maintainance issues. Better to get a car with 1.8 ltr or less engine. If you must get the accord, then you must be driving yourselves or ready for drivers to price rentals to 20k - 25k.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cutosinyahoocom: 8:15am On Apr 22, 2019
Hello Taxity/Uber drivers.

Presently working on a project and your input is needed.

Working on a Fuel credit card for uber and Taxify drivers.

This card will allow you buy fuel on credit from specified stations. For a start, all drivers will have access to N5,000 fuel credit on their card. This amount is increased as the driver pays back.

My question"

1) As a driver, will you want to use the card?
2) If repayment for a N5000 fuel is N5,350 for a 7days repayment, will you use the card?
3) If there is a promo rewarding you with a N750 call card for using N20k fuel in a week, will you want to use the card?

Your input will be appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17am On Apr 22, 2019
cutosinyahoocom:

This card will allow you buy fuel on credit from specified stations. For a start, all drivers will have access to N5,000 fuel credit on their card. This amount is increased as the driver pays back.

My question"

1) As a driver, will you want to use the card?
2) If repayment for a N5000 fuel is N5,350 for a 7days repayment, will you use the card?
3) If there is a promo rewarding you with a N750 call card for using N20k fuel in a week, will you want to use the card?

Thanks

as long as you don't give credit you will be fine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 8:22am On Apr 22, 2019
cutosinyahoocom:

My question"

1) As a driver, will you want to use the card? Yes if I can have access to multiple/different filling stations, for example I can buy from any (combination) of Hyden, Enyo, Mobil and North West
2) If repayment for a N5000 fuel is N5,350 for a 7days repayment, will you use the card? I'm not sure I would agree to use card cos of the extra cost
3) If there is a promo rewarding you with a N750 call card for using N20k fuel in a week, will you want to use the card? Sure everyone likes a bonus or incentive

Thanks

Wow...see reply above

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dimco(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.