Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,679 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4764793 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 6:25pm On May 20, 2019
Hardeyghold:
I heard that an uber drive lost his life today Amosun segun

Yes. May his gentle soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sam2kenny: 6:37pm On May 20, 2019
Does this means uber already deducted their 25% before total amount showed for rider to pay. Pls explain my ogas in the house. Today is my first day on uber. The rain no let me work after 2 trips gat go home

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kayusmile(m): 6:55pm On May 20, 2019
carixma:
I wan give u expo. But nah ur email i wan send am, if u can provide one. It’s 3 things that are involve to get more trips on Taxify.
baba abeg..lets chat on soluwadare5@gmail.com..tnx
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 7:03pm On May 20, 2019
Xneg:

Lol, but they didn't collect it last week. They paid fully today

Wawu... Enjoy while it last or send a mail to support.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:05pm On May 20, 2019
Epphy:
What could be wrong with my car?
I entered bad floods in the morning but there was no sign of an issue. After doing 2 flood-free trips, I bought fuel & parked at the filling station to wait for request. A request came after like 10 mins but car no gree work although it cracks. Mec asked me to put fuel in the injector, car started but went off immediately (did this twice & got same result). Mec said it must be a wiring issue, I've been waiting for rewire for about 30mins after I called him thanks to a passerby that gave me his contact.
Has anyone experienced this before? I need advice biko
NB - car is Nissan Almeria
Cc: Gazzzz, Oluwasenla, chilex, izou

So sorry bro. I guess the bolded was the disaster waiting to happen.

I suspect an hydro lock. Gazzzzz just gave one tip.

I have never experienced an this in years

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2019
2012 Kia Optima SX ... YES we can

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 7:27pm On May 20, 2019
izzou:

So sorry bro. I guess the bolded was the disaster waiting to happen.

I suspect an hydro lock. Gazzzzz just gave one tip.

I have never experienced an this in years

Thanks...rewire fixing is yet to tell me what the issue is and the cause. He asked me to hold on until he finishes.
The rewire I called then did not show up for 2 hours until I got another that is working on it now. I just told him not to bother
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:29pm On May 20, 2019
Epphy:

Thanks...rewire fixing is yet to tell me what the issue is and the cause. He asked me to hold on until he finishes.
The rewire I called then did not show up for 2 hours until I got another that is working on it now. I just told him not to bother

Its late already. I hope he fixes it so you can leave there

So sorry brah

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 20, 2019
sam2kenny:
Does this means uber already deducted their 25% before total amount showed for rider to pay. Pls explain my ogas in the house. Today is my first day on uber. The rain no let me work after 2 trips gat go home
Total shown is the amount your rider pays.
Some may have promo while some will have outstanding but click on fare details to check for more details.
From this trip, the rider had a promo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by disloman(m): 7:52pm On May 20, 2019
Epphy:

Kindly check if the engine oil hasn't mix with water.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:58pm On May 20, 2019
Hardeyghold:
I heard that an uber drive lost his life today Amosun segun

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hardeyghold(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2019
[quote author=deedee44 post=78566045][/quote]

May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 8:05pm On May 20, 2019
ofime123:
well in all the job is not easy and I respect u guys that's on renter and pray u buy your on car in little time.
seriously car owners won't understand until they drive and see for themselves, I was among the car owners bashing rental guys earlier until I drove and see 4 myself,
People work their ass off day and night, the waist pain, leg pain, life threatening risk involved at the end struggle to pay up a person relaxing/sitting in his comfort zone and end up saving 15-20k for himself cry..
and the PON PON guy is busy jubilating thinking he has made it in life grin

But since they decided to drive on rental, there's also no point complaining, it's either you drive or return car owner's keys simple

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2019
izzou:

Its late already. I hope he fixes it so you can leave there

So sorry brah

Thanks bro. It's been fixed. Fuel pump switch ish
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2019
disloman:
Kindly check if the engine oil hasn't mix with water.

Thanks man. It was fuel pump ish

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by disloman(m): 8:38pm On May 20, 2019
Epphy:

Thanks man. It was fuel pump ish
Thank God.What a relief

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 8:40pm On May 20, 2019
Was there surge today?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:44pm On May 20, 2019
Epphy:

Thanks bro. It's been fixed. Fuel pump switch ish

Pheeeeww

Relief grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:47pm On May 20, 2019
franksam2009:
seriously car owners won't understand until they drive and see for themselves, I was among the car owners bashing rental guys earlier until I drove and see 4 myself,
People work their ass off day and night, the waist pain, leg pain, life threatening risk involved at the end struggle to pay up a person relaxing/sitting in his comfort zone and end up saving 15-20k for himself cry..

But since they decided to drive on rental, there's also no point complaining, it's either you drive or return car owner's keys simple
Good to hear this. I jus dey look u that time tongue

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50pm On May 20, 2019
jarkbauer:
Was there surge today?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 8:54pm On May 20, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

It will be too bad if there is no surge on days like these.

I'm very sure Uber Nigeria will die soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 9:11pm On May 20, 2019
jarkbauer:

Lol... No you wan kill am? grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 9:14pm On May 20, 2019
jarkbauer:

Most riders are price sensitive, they compare between uber , bolt and the multitude of other ehailing apps to see the lowest rate.
This is why it is in drivers best interest to support only 2 or 3 ehailing apps, proliferation of ehailing companies can never be to the advantage of drivers.
Most drivers who refused to pay for Bolt shield is because they have uber, remove uber out of the equation, then they would be at the mercy of Bolt and some poorly setup alternative ehailing apps companies.
I hope for the sake of those who are yet to perfect Plan B that uber Nigeria does not pull out.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:47pm On May 20, 2019
jarkbauer:

painment grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ofime123(m): 10:02pm On May 20, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin. Dr_Mike_adams@yahoo I need Expo on uber mbok/edakun
abeg make uba share reach me samuel_ofime@yahoo.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by inferno82(m): 10:34pm On May 20, 2019
carixma:
I wan give u expo. But nah ur email i wan send am, if u can provide one. It’s 3 things that are involve to get more trips on Taxify.

I no mind too o
eniola.adams82@gmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oloruntobiflink: 11:20pm On May 20, 2019
Hello, a driver is needed for a Toyota Corolla 2006. Please PM if you are interested.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 11:23pm On May 20, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Tips for when your car goes off inside water.

DO absolutely nothing!!!! Remove all sparkplugs and crank to ensure there's no water inside the engine.

If you do this, there is a 50per chance engine damage will be averted.

Engineer sir,

You forgot to add (Remove soak air filter)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by maclatunji: 11:43pm On May 20, 2019
MoonlightDrive:

Most riders are price sensitive, they compare between uber , bolt and the multitude of other ehailing apps to see the lowest rate.
This is why it is in drivers best interest to to support only 2 or 3 ehailing apps, proliferation of ehailing companies can never be to the advantage of drivers.
Most drivers who refused to pay for Bolt shield is because they have uber, remove uber out of the equation, then they would be at the mercy of Bolt and some poorly setup alternative ehailing apps companies.
I hope for the sake of those who are yet to perfect Plan B that uber Nigeria does not pull out.

I am a rider and I am price sensitive. I disagree that Nigeria would suffer without Uber though. In fact, I am currently recruiting Uber and Taxify drivers for an international ride-hailing app that has silently entered Nigeria. It has a much more juicy package for both drivers and riders.

Drivers with cars registered in Lagos interested can contact me via WhatsApp on 08085404500. Please don't just type "Hello".

Introduce yourself like this: "Hello, I am John and I am an Uber driver interested in your new ride-hailing app."

I would respond accordingly in due course Godwilling.

You don't have to be frustrated by one company, diversify and see what works best for you.

Other cities in Nigeria coming soon Godwilling.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:50pm On May 20, 2019
franksam2009:
seriously car owners won't understand until they drive and see for ]themselves, I was among the car owners bashing rental guys earlier until I drove and see 4 myself,

Same goes for drivers, drivers won't undestand how car owners borrow, sweat ,sacrifice just to buy a car.. And Nigerian banks are not loan friendly to small business owners.. And the high rate on loans basically kills a business.. Than you have some not all ,crazy driver thinking because you gave him a car to drive, he is now doing the owner a favor, better yet driver drives and damages the car. Dumps it for owner
Seriously if drivers can just walk into a bank and ask for a loan .. Especially the conditions you have to go through.. Only if drivers can experience that ..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by maclatunji: 12:05am On May 21, 2019
Xneg:

But seriously what went wrong? Is uber /taxify trying to enslave us? Ok we agree they reduced fares in order to get more riders, what happened to surge on Mondays and evenings? The strike is inevitable.

Nah, no need to strike, find alternative.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: nna777 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.