Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,341 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1943) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4780085 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:26am On Sep 30, 2019
MoonlightDrive:

On the issue of loan, those who have successfully collected loans for uber business, may be in the best position to give you advice on how they were able to successfully repay the loans.

But let me share my own little experience with you.
I once collected a loan for a business transaction, let me not bore you with details, a suggestion came and i decided to make a 360 degrees change, i bought a car for uber gave it out and as they say the rest was history, had to quickly sell the car off in less than 6 months as the repayment obligation was becoming difficult each passing month.

What possible can go wrong with a loan, a lot.

1. CAR HIJACKERS ON PATROL
I survived a car hijacking incidences some months back, not far from ojuelegba, i was at AKT motor park dropping off a passenger, when i got a request less 2 mins away to pick up a rider at the pedestrian bridge (barracks bustop) before stadium. As i got closer to the pedestrian bridge, i saw my rider, he entered my car and before i could even turn the steering wheel, a corolla from nowhere just blocked my car, i was like what... what is happening , a man in police uniform, came out with 2 other guys in normal house wear, my immediate thought was that i had picked up a yahoo boy that they probably have been tracking secretly, they told the guy to get down, the guy kept on insisting why, eventually the guy got down, and the uniformed police man entered, they kept on shouting why did i pick up someone before the busstop, but i was like the bustop is less than 50 metres away, to cut a long story short, the other gang member told me to get out of my car, i said for what, as i turned to face his enquiry, the cop that entered my car took the key of my car... they even snapped my car, and promised me that a towing vehicle would come to pick up the car, (long story), no towing vehicle came. I had to order a gokada to go to my house to collect the spare key, which was brought to me in about 40mins, i spent close to 2 hours, no towing vehicle came. (LET ME TELL YOU IT WAS ALL PLANNED THE RIDER WAS INVOLVED... after the failed car theft incidence, they would have told the person who order the ride, why did he not check to ensure that the car was a corolla!)

My suspicion is that they were expecting a corolla or worst a Camry, these are the most popular cars on uber, Had i shown up with a corolla, they would not hesitate to bring out a gun, and of course i will quickly comply and get out of the car, that would have been the end of the corolla, because they probably would drive it somewhere planned, either dismantle it or drive out of Lagos after removing the tracker, for a prearranged buyer... Now if you buy your uber car on Loan, what would you do, that is not what i wish for anybody, but as i said expect the unexpected! If the person had taken a loan to buy his corolla, he would just be singing in strange voice "ni ojuelegba they know my story... in whiz kid voice". (pic attached). This incidence happened in the day time ooh not night time, my brother things are happening in Lagos.

2. GENERATION OF KAZEEMS
You get your loan buy your car, and promise to avoid all the Generation of Kazeems, to ensure no down time on your car, but let me share another experience,
I went for a routine service at one of those modern automobile workshop on the island that scan and advice you on the best way forward based on your scan result It was a routine oil and filter change. it was done as i drove off the workshop, i just wanted to check if what is used to hold the bonnet up was properly placed, guess what my engine oil cap was not put back, in place, while this could be a minor issue, imagine if, the oil change was not done, do not think such a scenario is not impossible, especially in a very busy workshop, the person who should do the oil change could be called up, he tells his busy colleague to help with the oil change but there are 2 cars for oil change, the colleague chooses the wrong car which is not yours, the guy comes, fails to check the oil gauge level, since he has seen an empty container assume the oil has been poured in the car, you pick up your car and drive off merrily, along the road things start happening.... Remember you are servicing a loan

3. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US (CAPITALISM - DOG EAT DOG WORLD)
I ordered an uber back home yesterday, i had an interesting discussion with the driver. told him upfront that i am also in the biz, asked whether he is on hp or rental, he confessed, that he used to do HP before but he has now made up his mind for his sanity to be on rental, he is on 28k per week rental but he intends to see the owner of the car to renegotiate to N25k, He also stated that opay drivers are taking away market share. The market is getting saturated. Please you never know what capitalist policy uber or bolt can throw up. Eko cab is coming up sometimes in October 24, 2019 (with brand new cars), if i had the opportunity to order a tear rubber car, why should i order for a tokunbo at the same rate.

"During Fashola’s administration, Union Bank gave us a loan of N523m, which we used to buy brand new Nissan cars. First Bank also gave us N350m, which we used to buy brand new Toyota Corolla cars. Now, we are talking to two companies who want to buy us brand new cars. We are planning to launch it with the application."
reposting the link.
https://punchng.com/uber-bolt-others-have-caused-us-untold-hardship-suffering-omolekan-lagos-yellow-taxi-operators-general-secretary/

GTB quick credit is already changing the small loan financial market landscape, expect the unexpected.

how this will change the dynamics is anybody guess, Indriver is there, nothing is sure. If you go ahead to take this loan and bolt and uber decides to slash rates or increase their commission it becomes increasingly difficult to service your loan.

4. HEALTH CHALLENGES
I will always tell people on this forum that only celebrate great earnings, please lets us have a balance, your health also matters, in some post back i posted a link on foot issues, for other drivers to read up, i noticed my right foot was getting swollen, (yep the right foot the usual suspect, the most hardworking foot for uber drivers) honestly the fear of God was already setting in, a friend of mine was having a serious health challenge and swollen feet was one of the symptoms. What i am saying is that God forbid you need to take a month or 3 months break because of some unforeseen health challenges, how do you service your loan during those period!

5. ACCIDENT
We thank God no lives were lost, but the accident involved serious injury to other motorist, while your car is comprehensively insured, the time out to fix the car and also the cost of following up with the passengers involved in the accident will mean 1 or 2 months may pass without you having the means to meet your monthly repayment obligation.

6. VILLAGE PIPU
Over to Dru and Gazzuz on this!

I dont want to sound pessimistic but taking a loan involves so much risk, those promoting eko cab, are you sure they might not come out with a policy to frustrate uber or bolt, "this is Nigeria everybody be criminal" according to Falzthebadguy, this is lagos, for a fistful of naira, politicians are ready to mortgage the future of hardworking Nigerians.
Consider all possible positive and negative scenarios before you make that leap,

My advice:
1. Those who are in paid employment and want to earn extra on weekend, then getting a loan for uber purposes can be feasible (you can use destination setting effectively on weekdays), work like a honeybee on weekend, giving the fact that your income from your paid employment should be able to service the loan, even when there are downtime.

2. Those who have no alternative income, but want to rely only on driving uber to collect a loan, please go for rental deals, save up or look for close family friends that can give out their car and place you on n20k rental.

God bless our hustle!

Nice one

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emimaeyor(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2019
Kindly drop your number. i will like to talk to you on phone or chart me up on 08181445077

femilambor007:
Morning Pilots..

I am supporting any pilots in need of phone with

iPhone 6s 32GB for just #47, 000
iPhone 7 32GB for N67, 000
iPhone 6s plus 64GB for N77, 500

Phones are direct tokunbo
Phones are with health battery
Phones are factory unlocked and warranty.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 11:02am On Sep 30, 2019
Y1nka:

Oga Dru, should we tell him? �����

Share information freely.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 11:05am On Sep 30, 2019
Emimaeyor:
Hello everyone goodmorning, Please is it still possible to net 50k weekly in this hassle? If yes kindly help a brother on tips to make it possible.

chart me up 08181445077.

Well from my own experience I believe it's possible it all depends on where you reside or if you are willing to go the extra mile.

How old are you on the ehailing hustle?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emimaeyor(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2019
I need an experienced driver to drive my 06 Toyota Corolla on both platform on rental 30k weekly.
Driver living in Isolo, Oshodi, Cele, Mushin, Okota, Ire-kari will be treated with preference. chart me up whatsap on 08181445077
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emimaeyor(m): 11:42am On Sep 30, 2019
Just started though, but i dont work on weekdays.

Buynowautos:

Well from my own experience I believe it's possible it all depends on where you reside or if you are willing to go the extra mile.

How old are you on the ehailing hustle?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
Emimaeyor:
Hello everyone goodmorning, Please is it still possible to net 50k weekly in this hassle? If yes kindly help a brother on tips to make it possible.

chart me up 08181445077.

Yes it is very possible. Very possible I say.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Emimaeyor:

Unless as you don't work on weekdays like you said. But if you do 5-9pm daily (with periodic stop and rest). You can net 50k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2019
I suspect this accident happened on the extreme right (the outer edge) of the road. Probably the only reason why the pickup truck would have tried to stop suddenly on the highway. Just my assumption, which may be accurate. As sad as it may seem, once you drift off the fast lane, the mid section to that bus lane and on a high speed or trying to overtake from that lane, na trouble you dey find oo. You gotta to be very careful on that third lane. I live in this area and I have seen a lot of situations like this. I learnt of one that happened this morning where a truck crashed into a tricycle around this area he described. Guys on ehailing need to drive with more caution than every one else on the road. I see a lot of them these days driving like danfo drivers. Very classless. I don't know if they do it to impress riders for a bloody five star rating, I just don't know. No one should ever allow a rider to put him under pressure. Safety first. Guys, let's all be more careful on the road and so sorry for your loss and the rider too.

Na one mad man with pickup suddenly stopped under pedestrian opposite mega chicken along ajah. Immediately he was what happened at the back, He zoom off. I had to safe rider first. [/quote]

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
Emimaeyor:

Which axis do you reside?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2019
northbird:
bro. Thanks.
So you mean, if I'm closer to rider n d rider picks 'lite' I will still get d rider regardless of my being categorized under 'bolt'
Nope. Unless you're on both lite and bolt
I don't know if it has changed sha
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dokyOloye: 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
Josiah360:

This is a stupid comment. The fact that he had an accident doesn't make him a reckless driver. What if he is not the cause of the accident?
Bros,to hit another car from behind is extreme recklessness.Either he was distracted or he was driving carelessly or his brakes weren't working well or all.
Either of them,its solely his fault,its also a traffic rule,hit a car from behind or hit a stationary vehicle,you are highly at fault.It wasn't even in the night sef.
If somebody were driving me and hits another car from behind,I'd hold him solely responsible.
As per being happy, his post sounds very flippant, not like som1 who is remorseful that his mistake led to grevious bodily harm to another.
If na your mother/wife/girlfriend dem remove her teeth in such circumstances, you no go de talk like this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FIFtheMyth(m): 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
We are looking for Hire Purchase Partners at BSG Limited.
Toyota Corolla 03/04 Tokunbo.

Terms:
No deposit/down payment
Agreement/Legal Fee N50k
2 Guarantors with undated cheques of N250k each
Weekly HP installment - 35k for 24 months

OR

Deposit/Down payment - 200k
Agreement/Legal Fee N20k
Weekly HP installment - 30k for 22 months

Send a mail to fifun[at]yahoo[dot]com with topic "HIRE PURCHASE" if you're interested.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmoOshodi(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
FIFtheMyth:

Terms:
No deposit/down payment
Agreement/Legal Fee N50k

OR

Agreement/Legal Fee N20k

Send a mail to fifun[at]gmail[dot]com with topic "HIRE PURCHASE" if you're interested.
3.4million.....hmmm

Inside life

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NIGHTLIFE100: 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
Guys please which of these is the best option for this business?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NYCnextStop(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2019
dokyOloye:

Bros,to hit another car from behind is extreme recklessness.Either he was distracted or he was driving carelessly or his brakes weren't working well or all.
Either of them,its solely his fault,its also a traffic rule,hit a car from behind or hit a stationary vehicle,you are highly at fault.It wasn't even in the night sef.
If somebody were driving me and hits another car from behind,I'd hold him solely responsible.
As per being happy, his post sounds very flippant, not like som1 who is remorseful that his mistake led to grevious bodily harm to another.
If na your mother/wife/girlfriend dem remove her teeth in such circumstances, you no go de talk like this.
my thoughts exactly

But most times we get emotional with issues like this

I wish the rider speedy recovery and hope we will all learn from this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
FIFtheMyth:

Terms:
No deposit/down payment
Agreement/Legal Fee N50k

OR

Agreement/Legal Fee N20k

Send a mail to fifun[at]gmail[dot]com with topic "HIRE PURCHASE" if you're interested.

OGa FIF I hail oooo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olalekan90(m): 6:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
U dey mind am?
sharpk007:

OGa FIF I hail oooo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
izzou:
As a driver, I feel for Mr Ghost that had that accident. I know what it feels like to be blamed for something that actually "wasn't supposed to be your fault". Also considering the damage on the car, it's painful. I really feel for him

But put yourself in the rider's shoes. Accidents happen, but that wasn't her bargain. She wanted safety too, that's why she ordered for Uber/Bolt.
Will "sorry" replace a missing tooth? What if it was a child that it happened to?

King.reign may have passed his message without compassion, but the truth is, "it is what it is". The driver was supposed to safely get the rider to the destination. The driver is to be blamed. If it was my loved one that was involved, I would most likely not be this "understanding" as I am now

Let's drive safely. Lobatan

All sympathy and all...
No one wishes for these things but we must also be cautious..
From his explanation I'd hold him responsible as well, he was driving too fast and too close... Imagine the kind of impact that her face made with a well padded chair for that kind of damage, you can guess what it'll take.
Yesterday I picked a lady at VI to the mainland, immediately I turned to face akin adesola to link Alfred rewane she screamed "where are you going, I'm not taking 3rd mainland bridge". I was startled, then calmly explained to her that that way would serve us best... She reluctantly agreed after impressing it on me that I won't speed on tge bridge. Earlier in the month she was in an uber that nearly went over the bridge, it was raining, driver was speeding... Said she told him 3 times to slow down but bros no gree. He was trying to overtake and he lost control, hit the embankment...babe was traumatized, say she now has anxiety issues, adviced her to go for counselling

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
NIGHTLIFE100:

The red car.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
NIGHTLIFE100:

The Corrola
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
Seniors,
So I just took bus transport from ikeja to the airport to see things myself.

I got there, i saw the dreaded towing van guys trying to throw an iron rod into the car wheels of a chap, n d towing van racing towards him. I didn't wait to see d end.

I met another set challenging a man parked where the airport taxis are, dey almost towed him. Reason: only registered airport taxis are allowed to park where he parked.

I approached one of them n told him I was going to start uber n how does d airport thing work.

He told me uber n taxify are banned from working in the airport bla bla bla n dey are d only ones authorised to do biz carry riders n that anyone DT picks a rider will b towed

I took whatever he said with a pinch of salt.

So seniors,
How do you drop a rider @ d airport without infringement of rules or play to the towing guys hand.

Are you to drop the rider in the car park or what?

Basically, I need a walk- through of the process like the Dos n Don't @ d airport.

Thanks.

Cc: izzou, DeeDee, xana, pope, iyaegin, jaydee, xghost, slamstanlee, chucsmoore, moonlight ...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
Do the towing vans also work @ night?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
NIGHTLIFE100:
I read your long post and I can say you’re smart..

We are all Smart smiley.
Since i can not drag the king of meme award with dru23, maybe my post will be in contention for award as one of the longest nairaland post on uber 2019.
Thanks for taking the time to read.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
northbird:
Do the towing vans also work @ night?

My guy... Just start work already. You can never be too careful even if we give you the book and audio file of UBER and Taxify work.

Just be deligent and remove fear and anxiety once you start work. Don't be easily intimidated. Drive safely... Always remember the riders has family. Adiós

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
pope191:

Nice one

Will try to summarize next time
Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by metrecube(m): 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
dokyOloye:

Slavery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stanuplane(m): 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
fasa199:

OYO. You may be lucky tho. Did you meet the traffic coming back??
spent an hour plus on my way back. Will never make that mistake again.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
XGhost:

He was trying to overtake and he lost control, hit the embankment...babe was traumatized, say she now has anxiety issues, adviced her to go for counselling

Quite right sir... I picked a rider sometime ago. The lady was just practically driving with me especially on the third mainland.

Lady: Bros you're speeding
Me: Sorry ma, its just 80
Lady: Will 40 not take us to my destination?
Me: Yes of course. But on the 3MB, 40 isn't really advisable but no wahala ma.
Lady: I'm advising you to drive with 40. Because if you meet traffic here, you will not remember 40 wasn't advisable right?

I just laugh and we had good conversation till she change destination to her husband's office. Man was a top personnel with DSS. She told me to wait till she's thru and even asked me to use the Office restaurant on her husband's name.

Since that day I don't go above 70. No matter how a rider urges me! Most riders dread the 3MB especially at night. Some actually close their eyes while some will bury their heads not to look at the water. The day my tyre burst untop that bridge na I draw closer to God physically. cheesy

Let's just be careful and observant. Small small we'll get it right.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
Therefore, we are happy to be able to keep our promise to ensure we always offer you the best earnings in the city with a 10% Price Increase and a 5% Commissions increased starting tomorrow.

Along with the change in the Fare Price and Commissions,

The Bolt and Lite category will be collapsed into one, maintaining the name “Lite” but with the new price.

Who else received this from Bolt today? Starting tomorrow.... 20% will take charge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: komodapson(m), Gentlelife50(m), Gabrielnimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.