Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,137 members, 7,842,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1941) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4833244 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) ... (5712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2019
glimpse33:
Is there anyone doing bolt / uber / Taxify in Benin city?
Quote me let's relate

I actually Transfered My account to Benin Early this year. Worked There for about a Month On Taxify.
It was a nice Experience until a rider refused To pay, which led to a fight then Benin boys wan show themselves wanted to break my windscreen.

Next Week I transfered Back to Lagos

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2019
stanuplane:
I just found myself in ibafo this Sunday morning. Pls guys, can I get a trip here or should I just find my way?

OYO. You may be lucky tho. Did you meet the traffic coming back??

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 11:52am On Sep 29, 2019
eghuan1:

I actually Transfered My account to Benin Early this year. Worked There for about a Month On Taxify.
It was a nice Experience until a rider refused To pay, which led to a fight then Benin boys wan show themselves wanted to break my windscreen.

Next Week I transfered Back to Lagos

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2019
deedee44:

Same thing my brother did with our dad's beetle. Despite all the parking track markings grin

If you have a passion for driving you have it. Our stories are almost the same. Learnt how to drive just observing my dad when he takes us to school and church. Dad was and still an airport cab driver. Na regular Benz I take learn how to drive manual transmission. That na y I cant change car brand Benz for life

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 11:55am On Sep 29, 2019
Who can relate? That moment you see Lagos island surge building up and u are around costain cheesy and on getting to broad street lekki phase 1 trip enter on 2.2x wink

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
so many accidents on 3mb this morning. Guys be careful

Men don hustle over the week sleep inside car on the island. Now heading home to their families. But trust me sleeping inside car is no sleep at all. All body go dey pain you and you still feel sleepy. Just few months to go and my move to the island will be complete. Imagine not having a place to take a good shower and then you have to use sense to bath in an hotel pool changing room. The hustle is real. May Jah see us tru. Guys just find how to stay off the street as much as u can. Enjoy the hustle. When you drop off riders in a fancy place explore the place nor be only them get eye to see beautiful places in lagos.

24 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dannybrasky(m): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
Buynowautos:

If you have a passion for driving you have it. Our stories are almost the same. Learnt how to drive just observing my dad when he takes us to school and church. Dad was and still an airport cab driver. Na regular Benz I take learn how to drive manual transmission. That na y I cant change car brand Benz for life
Lovely car interior wink

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dannybrasky(m): 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2019
Buynowautos:

Men don hustle over the week sleep inside car on the island. Now heading home to their families. But trust me sleeping inside car is no sleep at all. All body go dey pain you and you still feel sleepy. Just few months to go and my move to the island will be complete. Imagine not having a place to take a good shower and then you have to use sense to bath in an hotel pool changing room. The hustle is real. May Jah see us tru. Guys just find how to stay off the street as much as u can. Enjoy the hustle. When you drop off riders in a fancy place explore the place nor be only them get eye to see beautiful places in lagos.
chairman!! U even order better coffee grin
Life na one,amazing view for relaxation wink

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
dannybrasky:
chairman!! U even order better coffee grin
Life na one,amazing view for relaxation wink

This life is too short to just hustle monday to Saturday without spending time with yourself to at least enjoy small.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dicksonadams(m): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

you don't always have to start from the bottom.

Fill the tank and stop filling at first click.

Drive to Aja and come back. Fill the tank again and stop at first click. Measure the amount of fuel bought.

Awesome logic

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
stanuplane:
I just found myself in ibafo this Sunday morning. Pls guys, can I get a trip here or should I just find my way?
happy holdup my friend ;Did
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ghost1994:
I just had an accident. Rider teeth commot

Was rider not using seat belt?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
kingreign:

I'm in my house, come bite me. Kapish.
Wanna support rubbish. What happens to the injured and her health?
Due to his poor driving skills or attention he caused an accident and as an ehailer this isn't supposed to happen. When any passenger or item is in your car, you owe the people the responsibility of safe trip. This he failed, she can actually sue and he'll get punished for it.

Next time think and ask properly before engaging in a discussion that's above your comprehension.

Look guys s-h-i-t happens while driving, the makers of these vehicles know what they mean when they say use a seat belt while in a moving vehicle, but unfortunately, no one is blaming the rider for not using her seat belt. I can assure you, if she had in her possession a bag worth 500k she would have it strapped around her neck like an attempting 'suicidee' even if it was empty.

Feel for her though, cos she just lost the ability to smile. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
Biko brothers in the house I’m in severe tears right now
I bought 5500 Naira fuel yesterday and did a total of about 170km trip and fuel is showing yellow. E don just spoil my moral today.

Bought the fuel at Oando Berger 5500 plus injector cleaner 1500

From
Berger to ibafo
Ibafo to Berger
Berger to unilag estate iwolora
Iwolora to FRSC Berger
Frsc to VGC
VGC to Mobil estate road
Mobile estate rd to Atican beach
Atican beach to Ikeja
Billings way to ikosi
Ikosi to ajao
Int airport to Hakeem Dickson

These are my trips and fuel is on hello already. Please oh is this normal because I’m crying already...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
fasa199:
I bought 5500 Naira fuel yesterday and did a total of about 170km trip and fuel is showing yellow. E don just spoil my moral today.

From
Berger to ibafo
Ibafo to Berger
Iwolora to FRSC Berger
Frsc to VGC
VGC to Mobil estate road
Atican beach to Ikeja
Billings way to ikosi
Ikosi to ajao

These are my trips and fuel is on hello already. Please oh is this normal because I’m crying already...

With lagos traffic how much u be won take do all this trip? Your reserve should go on some more trips.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bradpitt4040: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2019
Sorry what kind of car do u drive?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bradpitt4040: 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2019
What kind of car do u drive?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
fasa199:

From
Berger to ibafo
Ibafo to Berger
Iwolora to FRSC Berger
Frsc to VGC
VGC to Mobil estate road
Atican beach to Ikeja
Billings way to ikosi
Ikosi to ajao

How much did you gross after all these trips?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
dannybrasky:

Lovely car interior wink

Thanks man
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
izzou:

About 17k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexzyy(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
[quote author=Ghost1994 post=82672468]

I have nothing to say. But I’m praying that your family member and even you will never encounter any accident. God will be with us all. But please don’t always judge nobody is perfect. You wanted me to be your kind but I’ll rather pray for you and your family. God will bless us all. [/quoteGod bless you, Just ignore him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
Buynowautos:

lol enjoyment minister . Where is this and how much does it cost to flex like you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
na wa,with all this trips you mentioned that fuel consumption is more than fair ! haba u wan make all that movement with 1k fuel

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
fabiano09:

lol enjoyment minister . Where is this and how much does it cost to flex like you

Radison blue VI grin Just 1k with alot of confidence (make dem nor ask you your room number) for a shot of espresso

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
fabiano09:
na wa,with all this trips you mentioned that fuel consumption is more than fair ! haba u wan make all that movement with 1k fuel

My thought exactly

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
bradpitt4040:
What kind of car do u drive?

Camry o3
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fasa199(m): 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2019
fabiano09:

No mind me jare. these Coro and dru23 guys talking fuel abeg make una stop em make una no confuse us. Abeg.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
Buynowautos:

This life is too short to just hustle monday to Saturday without spending time with yourself to at least enjoy small.
I like your way jare, some people want to save everything. Some drivers hardly eat good food nor take care of themselves

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
fasa199:

From
Berger to ibafo
Ibafo to Berger
Iwolora to FRSC Berger
Frsc to VGC
VGC to Mobil estate road
Atican beach to Ikeja
Billings way to ikosi
Ikosi to ajao

Haba, I see u did TMB three times plus their will likely be traffic.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Buynowautos: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Gentlelife50:

I like your way jare, some people want to save everything. Some drivers hardly eat good food nor take care of themselves

Poverty mentality its deep

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
clemils1:
Thanks for the advise sir. I actually work in a bank as a marketer. But I just feel the need to do something extra with my available time. Plus am considering taking a loan to enter into this venture.

On the issue of loan, those who have successfully collected loans for uber business, may be in the best position to give you advice on how they were able to successfully repay the loans.

But let me share my own little experience with you.
I once collected a loan for a business transaction, let me not bore you with details, a suggestion came and i decided to make a 360 degrees change, i bought a car for uber gave it out and as they say the rest was history, had to quickly sell the car off in less than 6 months as the repayment obligation was becoming difficult each passing month.

What possibly can go wrong with a loan, a lot.

1. CAR HIJACKERS ON PATROL
I survived a car hijacking incidences some months back, not far from ojuelegba, i was at AKT motor park dropping off a passenger, when i got a request less 2 mins away to pick up a rider at the pedestrian bridge (barracks bustop) before stadium. As i got closer to the pedestrian bridge, i saw my rider, he entered my car and before i could even turn the steering wheel, a corolla from nowhere just blocked my car, i was like what... what is happening , a man in police uniform, came out with 2 other guys in normal house wear, my immediate thought was that i had picked up a yahoo boy that they probably have been tracking secretly, they told the guy to get down, the guy kept on insisting why, eventually the guy got down, and the uniformed police man entered, they kept on shouting why did i pick up someone before the busstop, but i was like the bustop is less than 50 metres away, to cut a long story short, the other gang member told me to get out of my car, i said for what, as i turned to face his enquiry, the cop that entered my car took the key of my car... they even snapped my car, and promised me that a towing vehicle would come to pick up the car, (long story), no towing vehicle came. I had to order a gokada to go to my house to collect the spare key, which was brought to me in about 40mins, i spent close to 2 hours, no towing vehicle came. (LET ME TELL YOU IT WAS ALL PLANNED THE RIDER WAS INVOLVED... after the failed car theft incidence, they would have told the person who order the ride, why did he not check to ensure that the car was a corolla!)

My suspicion is that they were expecting a corolla or worst a Camry, these are the most popular cars on uber, Had i shown up with a corolla, they would not hesitate to bring out a gun, and of course i will quickly comply and get out of the car, that would have been the end of the corolla, because they probably would drive it somewhere planned, either dismantle it or drive out of Lagos after removing the tracker, for a prearranged buyer... Now if you buy your uber car on Loan, what would you do, that is not what i wish for anybody, but as i said expect the unexpected! If the person had taken a loan to buy his corolla, he would just be singing in strange voice "ni ojuelegba they know my story... in whiz kid voice". (pic attached). This incidence happened in the day time ooh not night time, my brother things are happening in Lagos.

2. GENERATION OF KAZEEMS
You get your loan buy your car, and promise to avoid all the Generation of Kazeems, to ensure no down time on your car, but let me share another experience,
I went for a routine service at one of those modern automobile workshop on the island that scan and advice you on the best way forward based on your scan result It was a routine oil and filter change. it was done as i drove off the workshop, i just wanted to check if what is used to hold the bonnet up was properly placed, guess what my engine oil cap was not put back, in place, while this could be a minor issue, imagine if, the oil change was not done, do not think such a scenario is not impossible, especially in a very busy workshop, the person who should do the oil change could be called up, he tells his busy colleague to help with the oil change but there are 2 cars for oil change, the colleague chooses the wrong car which is not yours, the guy comes, fails to check the oil gauge level, since he has seen an empty container assume the oil has been poured in the car, you pick up your car and drive off merrily, along the road things start happening.... Remember you are servicing a loan

3. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US (CAPITALISM - DOG EAT DOG WORLD)
I ordered an uber back home yesterday, i had an interesting discussion with the driver. told him upfront that i am also in the biz, asked whether he is on hp or rental, he confessed, that he used to do HP before but he has now made up his mind for his sanity to be on rental, he is on 28k per week rental but he intends to see the owner of the car to renegotiate to N25k, He also stated that opay drivers are taking away market share. The market is getting saturated. Please you never know what capitalist policy uber or bolt can throw up. Eko cab is coming up sometimes in October 24, 2019 (with brand new cars), if i had the opportunity to order a tear rubber car, why should i order for a tokunbo at the same rate.

"During Fashola’s administration, Union Bank gave us a loan of N523m, which we used to buy brand new Nissan cars. First Bank also gave us N350m, which we used to buy brand new Toyota Corolla cars. Now, we are talking to two companies who want to buy us brand new cars. We are planning to launch it with the application."
reposting the link.
https://punchng.com/uber-bolt-others-have-caused-us-untold-hardship-suffering-omolekan-lagos-yellow-taxi-operators-general-secretary/

GTB quick credit is already changing the small loan financial market landscape, expect the unexpected.

how this will change the dynamics is anybody guess, Indriver is there, nothing is sure. If you go ahead to take this loan and bolt and uber decides to slash rates or increase their commission it becomes increasingly difficult to service your loan.

4. HEALTH CHALLENGES
I will always tell people on this forum that only celebrate great earnings, please lets us have a balance, your health also matters, in some post back i posted a link on foot issues, for other drivers to read up, i noticed my right foot was getting swollen, (yep the right foot the usual suspect, the most hardworking foot for uber drivers) honestly the fear of God was already setting in, a friend of mine was having a serious health challenge and swollen feet was one of the symptoms. What i am saying is that God forbid you need to take a month or 3 months break because of some unforeseen health challenges, how do you service your loan during those period!

5. ACCIDENT
We thank God no lives were lost, but the accident involved serious injury to other motorist, while your car is comprehensively insured, the time out to fix the car and also the cost of following up with the passengers involved in the accident will mean 1 or 2 months may pass without you having the means to meet your monthly repayment obligation.

6. VILLAGE PIPU
Over to Dru and Gazzuz on this!

I dont want to sound pessimistic but taking a loan involves so much risk, those promoting eko cab, are you sure they might not come out with a policy to frustrate uber or bolt, "this is Nigeria everybody be criminal" according to Falzthebadguy, this is lagos, for a fistful of naira, politicians are ready to mortgage the future of hardworking Nigerians.
Consider all possible positive and negative scenarios before you make that leap,

My advice:
1. Those who are in paid employment and want to earn extra on weekend, then getting a loan for uber purposes can be feasible (you can use destination setting effectively on weekdays), work like a honeybee on weekend, giving the fact that your income from your paid employment should be able to service the loan, even when there are downtime.

2. Those who have no alternative income, but want to rely only on driving uber to collect a loan, please go for rental deals, save up or look for close family friends that can give out their car and place you on n20k rental.

God bless our hustle!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
izzou:

Boss ah deh greet oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (1938) (1939) (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) ... (5712) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.