Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,201 members, 7,867,491 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4901259 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) ... (5723) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
I just drop off a rider, can tell she's one of the best on the platform, despite her panic not to engage in traffic, the ride was still worth it... If I try to use a particular route, she will warn me about the bad road, I'll let her know, I don't mind, I've seen worst, she will convince me not to and ask will take the smooth path. I drop her of beside her car and deep within I understand why they say you can't value what you don't have.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
Quite entertaining I must say (the back and forth that birthed over ten pages)...

What makes us human is the ability of self-analysis, mental time travel, imagination, abstract reasoning, cultural establishment, empathy and a lot more.
Going by the above statement, every driver gat the right to accept or decline a trip if it does not suit his/her itinerary... We live in a country where we are deprived of social amenities, our taxes are not being used for its purpose, for one to survive, you only do not have to work hard but to work smart hence the cancellation of certain trips and I see no reason a rider would be upset if a driver says no to his/her destination. It's only a robot that would accept every trip without having an issue and the last I checked that's not possible in this part of the world.

As for the driver who proposed an offline trip, yeah he was wrong to have asked for that, if the rider had proposed it then it would have bin different.

Let's stop throwing tantrums and try to be civil the way we go about things.
@Izzou, I really do commend your sense of reasoning, nice one bro.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by solid3(m): 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
Is 30k weekly rental possible in Abuja on a just landed tokunbo corolla 06?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
Tyche:
Jesusson2020, hope you are ok out there

I think he's on cue at Obalende with his KEKE. waiting for his turn to load.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
are people on rental still paying 30k even with the uber and taxify commission increase

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
Dovehorizon:
Quite entertaining I must say (the back and forth that birthed over ten pages)...

What makes us human is the ability of self-analysis, mental time travel, imagination, abstract reasoning, cultural establishment, empathy and a lot more.
Going by the above statement, every driver gat the right to accept or decline a trip if it does not suit his/her itinerary... We live in a country where we are deprived of social amenities, our taxes are not being used for its purpose, for one to survive, you only do not have to work hard but to work smart hence the cancellation of certain trips and I see no reason a rider would be upset if a driver says no to his/her destination. It's only a robot that would accept every trip without having an issue and the last I checked that's not possible in this part of the world.

As for the driver who proposed an offline trip, yeah he was wrong to have asked for that, if the rider had proposed it then it would have bin different.

@Izzou, I really do commend you sense of reasoning, nice one bro.

Izzuo is more matured than he knows.
The way he handled the situation with octopus Makes me like him and support his mission with Pocohantas.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
nayo10:
Good day pls, I want to find out the required mileage for approval in Uber and taxify. thank you for your help

There's nothing like that on the platform, as long as your car meets the requirements ( Engine, AC, interior, brake lights, horn, stereo, year model (2000-2003 for uber and taxify) and your car papers & License are up to date, you're good to go. If you like paint your car 30 times, dem no send, e go just dey inside their report.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
donfortune48:

Hahaha. You don kee me. Thank God I no dey drive when I stumbled on this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
[quote author=solid3 post=83368707]Is 30k weekly rental possible in Abuja on a just landed tokunbo corolla 06?[/quote

If e like make the corolla just leave Canada without even Mr. Peters O'Brian testing it, Uber and Bolt no send you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2019
pope191:

Boss u deh too quick vex grin oya!

Baba I tire Jor. Load full my head. My mumsy funeral na next week end yet shi shi no dey. I dey wait una for fundraiser lead by Izzou

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2019
donfortune48:

Bad boy man grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by goluwatobi(m): 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
pls I want to get a techno phone of 3gb ram.... for uber, but someone said I should confirm if techno phones are aloud for uber before getting it.

pls are techno phones prohibited?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
pharod:

I was a victim of this last weekend.
Once I ask your destination and you sounding funny, I'll politely explain why I needed to know my destination. And if you are still proving stubborn , I cancel.

I once got a request and I didn't ask the rider the destination b4hand. Turns out it's Ajegunle and the only way out for me was Otto Wharf road. The bad roads nearly tore my bumper apart. Since then, I have learnt my lesson.

Sometime last week, I was on my way home around 9pm, I got a request and I asked the rider where she's going, she said that I shouldn't ask her, that I will see it when I start the trip. I told her plainly that it's late and I'm not going anywhere unless I know where I'll be taking her. She started calling me names, that she will report me and do all manner of things.
I told her to chill b4 she gives herself high BP. The Uber app is easy to navigate and the office is at Maryland Mall, you can even go there and lodge a physical complaint. Pharod couldn't care less. I cut the call, canceled the request went offline and went home. Can't allow one person that doesn't matter to come and spoil my day for me right at the end...

grin I set out this last Sunday after church around Gbagada and i got this trip inside Medina Estate, I decided not to ask (unusal of me) and beaded to pick pick up location, I saw heaps of bags on the floor, (For my mind I thought this was lekki-epe trip) They loaded my car to the brim and started loading themselves (5adults) I declined and said I could only carry 4.

I started trip and saw Odonguyan cry , I not fit cry.
I proceeded since it was a Sunday, I have never been there before.
Those roads wrecked my car legs, ended trip and madam insisted on Transfer , even when I saw the husband giving her cash, I change am for madam straight up.

Lessons learnt

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
Izzou where art thou, Hope Poco isn't giving you tough time...

donfortune48:

Izzuo is more matured than he knows.
The way he handled the situation with octopus Makes me like him and support his mission with Pocohantas.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
deedee44:

So which is better?

Ask for destination and decide what to do on time,

or waste rider's precious time (who's Probably late for a meeting/flight) by first driving down for minutes wasting fuel, then spend several minutes requesting and waiting for another ride (who will probably also cancel and request another like you did), and also making rider go through the stress of getting refunds from uber which may come later than when rider needs it.

There's a difference between working smart and working ... and you just stated the obvious.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2019
donfortune48:

My first ever trip to satellite.
I swimmed 27 rivers.
Trip ended 2800. Rider was so happy. Gave me 3k.

I got stuck on my way out, people pushed it out after agreeing to pay 2k.
Since then, I don't know how satellite town looks like.

No amount will ever take my car to that place ever again.

What if we do offline on your terms you go still go? grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
goluwatobi:
pls I want to get a techno phone of 3gb ram.... for uber, but someone said I should confirm if techno phones are aloud for uber before getting it.

pls are techno phones prohibited?

They are alloued bro

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
Crvrider:

What if we do offline on your terms you go still go? grin

Yeah.

15k.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
lillyontop:

Abeg me too I need the form

One of my guy on this platform has seen someone who has a very detailed hp prepared by a lawyer but the owner of hp agreement is requesting for 2k before he can give it out. If you don't mind, we can split the cost 1k each so we can pay the guy and get the agreement.

Let me know your thoughts. I purposely didn't chat you up privately on this for transparency sake.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
pope191:
I just drop off a rider, can tell she's one of the best on the platform, despite her panic not to engage in traffic, the ride was still worth it... If I try to use a particular route, she will warn me about the bad road, I'll let her know, I don't mind, I've seen worst, she will convince me not to and ask will take the smooth path. I drop her of beside her car and deep within I understand why they say you can't value what you don't have.

Na person wey understand the perils of driving on a bad road na im fit talk like this. And probably her experience in bad roads with her car.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:35pm On Oct 22, 2019
Dovehorizon:

@Izzou, I really do commend your sense of reasoning, nice one bro.

Why would it have been different is what I want to know?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
Na wa o, since morning only 6 trips worth 5000 cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
donfortune48:

Yeah.

15k.

See ya life... Fraudulent drivers everywhere trying to cheat the platform. grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
tojahh:

Baba I tire Jor. Load full my head. My mumsy funeral na next week end yet shi shi no dey. I dey wait una for fundraiser lead by Izzou

Gazzuzz is doing give away till Friday. I'm sure he will give you 12 cows and 12 bags of rice.
Dru23 will donate 12 gallons of oil.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
peeps4u:

Gazzuzz is doing give away till Friday. I'm sure he will give you 12 cows and 12 bags of rice.
Dru23 will donate 12 gallons of oil.

Baba you din start abi angry

But wait o. All these corolla boys... Why una dey speed like formula 1 on top third mainland? Thing wey dey pain me na their small small head you go dey see for steering as them pass you. grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
Crvrider:

See ya life... Fraudulent drivers everywhere trying to cheat the platform. grin

The only thing I see as fraudulent on this job is SAKA.

Every other thing is in line with the situation of the job and the country.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
fabiano09:
are people on rental still paying 30k even with the uber and taxify commission increase
Don't let dru hear this

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 10:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
lin3r2:
Na wa o, since morning only 6 trips worth 5000 cry
thot it was only myself being that I Neva too sabi, 8,700 since early momo. Taxify why!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Gentlelife50:
Don't let dru hear this
tbh with the situation on ground there should be a review ,25k at best

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
northbird:
thot it was only myself being that I Neva too sabi, 8,700 since early momo. Taxify why!

By 6pm I don gross 5200. Na so I pick Sabo-Waec-Yaba 800 straight to house. I no fit shout. Today no follow, but we go dey alright tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
fabiano09:

tbh with the situation on ground there should be a review ,25k at best

I think this is a welcomed idea considering the low patronage on ground.

Sadly e-hailing has a lot of competition presently. The bikes are all over the place .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
tojahh:

Oya nah, were izzou, make he come clear path, mama won go rest cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) ... (5723) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191, Kintomadit(m), SHOOPSYN(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.